PDA

View Full Version : Shall P3 Gator be chomped?

BigRedJed
12/31/2008, 06:17 PM
OK folks, based on the results of this poll (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127626), our guest P3 Gator (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/member.php?u=62168) must now face the court of public opinion. His fate rests entirely in your hands, Soonerfans. Please consider carefully his posting body of work. To do this, click here (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/search.php?do=finduser&u=62168).

He is also welcome to suck up and grovel to the posters here, if he believes it will help his cause.

As a reminder, he must receive a supermajority of 66% or more voting posters who want to see him gone. If he receives said supermajority, he will be dispatched post-haste.

Good luck P3!

OUHOMER
12/31/2008, 07:04 PM
So, by voting in both threads One of them yes, one of them no, Is that like a double count for the guy who gets booted.

UMMM ?

OUinFLA
12/31/2008, 07:12 PM
Im searching for hanging chads.

I know they're here somewhere.

G8trGr8t
12/31/2008, 07:14 PM
P3 is a veteran (flew P3's) who has served this country to keep your rights to post whatever you want on a message board and not be persecuted for it. Just thought you should know.

NYC Poke
12/31/2008, 07:28 PM
And so far he's neck-and-neck whether a 26-year-old Baylor undergrad virgin Civil War re-enactor who was part of a bridal party is a real person. Frankly, I'd be honored, if I were he.

badger
12/31/2008, 07:28 PM
OK, I'll star right now. Oh Saaaammmm!!! http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r479/jereed16/worthy.gif
This post alone shows that he has changed his Sooner hating ways. For this reason, I urge you all to give him a second chance.

P3 Gator
12/31/2008, 07:45 PM
Guys,

Vote how you want. Either way, i've had some fun and had some good conversations here at the same time. In my defense (we've already seen one of the fun posts), I offer this...

Haden was converted to corner at the start of his UF career and he is just finishing up as a true sophomore. He is getting good, but not great. Jenkins is a true freshman but plays lock down corner. He's just a natural corner and the best we have already. Ahmad Black (safety) is too small, too slow, etc, etc, but is a player and overachiever who has played great this year (6 ints) after we lost the starter (Dorian Munroe) to an ACL and Jeremy Finch to transfer. My biggest concern is Wright at safety. He hits a ton but tends to focus on the hit rather than playing the ball and laying wood when appropriate. Will Hill at nickel is a big fast kid who is also a true freshman. He has great range but not too much experience. He'll be All- American (IMO) as a junior but needs reps. This is a good, but not great d-backfield and it will be a truly interesting match-up with your passing game.

What I think is just as interesting is our receivers against you d-backfiled. If you watch the SECCG (mentioned above), not only do our receivers catch the ball, but their down-field blocking is very good and agressive (see Louis Murphy mixing it up with Arenus in the end zone). Reilly Cooper is also an exceptional blocker at the receiver position. This is obviously something our coaching staff places a lot of emphasis on and has paid dividends on several of the long scoring runs this year. Really something to keep an eye on as you watch the game.

It is informative about UF's d-backfield and is not inflammatory and provides something that might help make the game more interesting by knowing more about the guys defending against the OU passing game and about how UF produces some of their long runs.

Have fun...the wife and I are headed out for the evening. Have a great New Year. Maybe I'll see ya tomorrow (maybe not)!

OUHOMER
12/31/2008, 07:45 PM
I voted no, I do see some resemblance of football speak from him.

Now to ax the other guy

delhalew
12/31/2008, 09:11 PM
I'm gonna give P3 a break. When he tries to talk about OU he shows his ignorance on the subject, but I can't blame him for that. At least, he's not like some of these punks we got on here. He tries to supply info which is good.

Lit on the other hand is toast.

stoopified
12/31/2008, 09:46 PM
FU to FU

A-M
1/1/2009, 10:34 AM
I can let him stay a little longer. He shows that he may be able to learn just a thing or two from us.

PalmBeachSooner
1/1/2009, 02:19 PM
P3 is a veteran (flew P3's) who has served this country to keep your rights to post whatever you want on a message board and not be persecuted for it. Just thought you should know.

Noted. However, I am 20+ year Navy vet and it doesn't offend me. It's all in good fun so lighten up Francis.

P3 Gator
1/1/2009, 02:56 PM
Noted. However, I am 20+ year Navy vet and it doesn't offend me. It's all in good fun so lighten up Francis.

Nice to meet you...27 years myself...

LitiG8R
1/1/2009, 03:31 PM
I'm gonna give P3 a break. When he tries to talk about OU he shows his ignorance on the subject, but I can't blame him for that. At least, he's not like some of these punks we got on here. He tries to supply info which is good.

Lit on the other hand is toast.

In the words of Lee Corso "not so fast my friend"! Lit is hanging tough at 57%!

SicEmBaylor
1/1/2009, 03:56 PM
And so far he's neck-and-neck whether a 26-year-old Baylor undergrad virgin Civil War re-enactor who was part of a bridal party is a real person. Frankly, I'd be honored, if I were he.

I'd be insulted if it weren't for the honor of the thing.

BigRedJed
1/1/2009, 07:51 PM
The results are in: P3 Gator lives another day, and nearly a quarter of the voters think SicEm might not be a real person.

Congratulations, P3! Enjoy your new lease on life!

P3 Gator
1/1/2009, 07:58 PM
The results are in: P3 Gator lives another day, and nearly a quarter of the voters think SicEm might not be a real person.

Congratulations, P3! Enjoy your new lease on life!

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r479/jereed16/p3_sidewinder.jpg

OUinFLA
1/1/2009, 08:14 PM
hmmm things have changed since my Navy days.
When did they hang those nasty looking missles on the P3's underframe?

P3 Gator
1/1/2009, 09:22 PM
hmmm things have changed since my Navy days.
When did they hang those nasty looking missles on the P3's underframe?

P-3 has carried Harpoon for a long time and are wired for Mavericks and an assortment of bombs, mines and torpedos.

I retired from the Navy a few years back but it used to be fun to go out and drop a 500 pounder or a cluster bomb. You could definitely feel the thump when they went off. Never had the opportunity to launch a Harpoon or Maverick though.

L-Boy
1/1/2009, 09:32 PM
Glad to see P3 survived another day! I haven't seen anything in his posts that I would have considered overly imflammatory - he has just been stating his opinion and trying to back it up the best he can.

There are certainly a few OU fans on here who would really prefer an echo chamber and would prefer nothing but validation of their view of the world, but I think most here are interested in an honest debate. I think you have a decent balance here - some Gator boards want no dissention from the "correct" view whatsoever, and some Gator boards its just about impossible to get banned.

StoopTroup
1/2/2009, 12:11 PM
I think you should ad the yes vote with the SicEm vote.

BigRedJed
1/2/2009, 12:22 PM
Done. He's now at 56.1%, and still posting. Now if we did that to the other dude...

Sooner_Bob
1/2/2009, 12:33 PM
So you guys are asking for peoples opinions on board moderation now?

StoopTroup
1/2/2009, 12:38 PM
Done. He's now at 56.1%, and still posting.

Now what? Do you need my advice?

:D

http://metatoys.org/propella/catalog/img/guillotine_kenko.jpeg

StoopTroup
1/2/2009, 12:47 PM
JUST DO IT !

http://www.mdwfp.com/ImageUploads%5CFW227%5Cgator%20gar%20web%202.JPG

http://www.sunglasstent.com/images/NikeSwooshRed.jpg

HiFiGator
1/2/2009, 12:58 PM
I think some of you guys have way too much time on your hands.

Banning people is essentially akin to the kid with no friends who decides he's going to take his ball and go home, since no one will let him play quarterback.

BigRedJed
1/2/2009, 01:04 PM
That's funny, 'cause I think that people who go register on their opponents' fan boards to talk trash are the ones with too much time on their hands.

Not to mention, nobody got banned. Quit your crying.

birddog
1/2/2009, 01:13 PM
That's funny, 'cause I think that people who go register on their opponents' fan boards to talk trash are the ones with too much time on their hands.

Not to mention, nobody got banned. Quit your crying.

dang, that smarts.

StoopTroup
1/2/2009, 01:31 PM
I don't really want to ban him as much as just see some Gator Blood spilled. Yeah...I'm sick like that. :D ;)

No...go ahead...ban him...the blood thing might be a little much.

Now...Where's my ball?