PDA

View Full Version : **Proof there are too many bowl games...**

Lott's Bandana
12/31/2008, 04:27 PM
ESPN has to bring out Bob Davie from his quaalude slumber, stick him in the booth to give us this jewel:

"Bowl committees definitely look at how well your fans travel and Vanderbilt fans turned out very well for this one..."This one?

The Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl at LP Field in Nashville Tennessee.

About 2 miles from the campus of Vanderbilt University.

Nice job Vandy fans.

TUSooner
12/31/2008, 04:44 PM
ESPN has to bring out Bob Davie from his quaalude slumber, stick him in the booth to give us this jewel:

This one?

The Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl at LP Field in Nashville Tennessee.

About 2 miles from the campus of Vanderbilt University.

Nice job Vandy fans.

I'm a Tulane grad, so folks showing up for home games IS a big deal! :O :D
But your point is well taken: Bob Davie is like a boxer who has taken too many shots to the head, but still deserves a few more.

BoulderSooner79
12/31/2008, 06:17 PM
More proof was the Sun bowl today 3-0 Beavers over Pitt. The same defense that gave up 65pts and almost 700yds to the ducks in their last game just shutout Pitt. I guess the coaches yelled at them or something.

Rece Davis had the best line on this game -- "Of all the Sun bowls ever played, this was certainly one of them".

1890MilesToNorman
12/31/2008, 06:27 PM
I always thought there were toooooo many bowl games but this year I've watched more than half of them. Either I don't have a life or I'm slowly going through FB withdrawal? Some decent games in historically crappy bowl games too.

On to the next beer,

Leroy Lizard
12/31/2008, 07:20 PM
We have had some great games, with very few blowouts. Why be upset?

olevetonahill
12/31/2008, 07:35 PM
I always thought there were toooooo many bowl games but this year I've watched more than half of them. Either I don't have a life or I'm slowly going through FB withdrawal? Some decent games in historically crappy bowl games too.

On to the next beer,

Ive Missed 2 or 3 Games . Games Not Beers .:D

stoopified
12/31/2008, 09:41 PM
I was gonn a say Scnelly and FAU.

Jacie
12/31/2008, 09:48 PM
We have had some great games, with very few blowouts. Why be upset?

Have you checked the Ga.Tech-LSU score lately?

TUSooner
1/1/2009, 07:36 PM
The only thing I don't like about the bowl glut is that so many are played so late. And that goes for the BCS game. I worry about OUr effectiveness after not having plkayed for over a month. OTOH - if we had a little a playoff system, there would stiull be room for plenty of bowls, and the contenders would keep playing through the BCSCG.

meoveryouxinfinity
1/1/2009, 07:50 PM
cut the Rose bowl. zzzz zz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

bluedogok
1/1/2009, 08:24 PM
I think it's just proof that ESPN has too many of them....