PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Sooners, and you Gators too.

Scott D
12/31/2008, 03:10 PM
Did you not pay attention to ESPN lately? Apparently the "real-true" MNC game will be taking place January 1st in Pasadena. Those two teams have been proclaimed better than both of our teams, and the fact that they dominated arguably the two worst BCS conferences is a moot point. It's been concluded that neither team should even bother to show up on January 8th because the title will have been decided long before then.

So sayeth the mighty mighty ESPN. God I fear for the day when they have all the bowl games under their influence.

theresonly1OU
12/31/2008, 03:12 PM
Did you not pay attention to ESPN lately? Apparently the "real-true" MNC game will be taking place January 1st in Pasadena. Those two teams have been proclaimed better than both of our teams, and the fact that they dominated arguably the two worst BCS conferences is a moot point. It's been concluded that neither team should even bother to show up on January 8th because the title will have been decided long before then.

So sayeth the mighty mighty ESPN. God I fear for the day when they have all the bowl games under their influence.

is this online, or TV?

Scott D
12/31/2008, 03:17 PM
it was on the tee vee, during a game that has absolutely nothing to do with either of the conferences in question.

GG84
12/31/2008, 03:19 PM
I would love to play USC or PSU instead of Oklahoma.

OklahomaRed
12/31/2008, 03:23 PM
You mean you can understand what Lou Holtz's says? Suphering sucatash................Wow! :D

Scott D
12/31/2008, 03:23 PM

too bad, because like Oklahoma you don't deserve to play USC or PSU...so sayeth the ESPN crews.

theresonly1OU
12/31/2008, 03:27 PM

Me too...USC might have a prolific D, but their offense is nothing to be scared of.

and as for PSU, they are to schitzophrenic to be taken seriously.

Give me them over UF anyday.

SoonerBacker
12/31/2008, 03:35 PM
It's just pre-Rose Bowl hype. The eSPIN/abc group get the Rose Bowl broadcast. They don't get the BCSCG. So they're just trying to hype it up so that more viewers will tune in to their "granddaddy game."

It sucks, but that's how they make $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Cappy
12/31/2008, 03:44 PM

It is because they are hyping up the one game that they are broadcasting. If they had the MNC, they would be talking about how wonderful it is.

PDXsooner
12/31/2008, 03:46 PM
the fact that they dominated arguably the two worst BCS conferences is a moot point.

Thank you for using the correct word, and not "mute".

fadada1
12/31/2008, 03:49 PM
i'm a PSU fan, but we'd beat them by 50+.

OUDoc
12/31/2008, 03:49 PM
They still play the Rose Bowl? How cute.

frankensooner
12/31/2008, 04:00 PM
I loved how the Aflac triva question yesterday during the Humanitarian Bowl was about the Rose Bowl.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/31/2008, 04:02 PM
I know I posted this earlier, but any bowl game that their parade is more famous than the game is not that big of a deal

BoulderSooner79
12/31/2008, 04:08 PM

I thought it was a "moo point" - as in even the cows don't care.

DCGator
12/31/2008, 04:22 PM

+1

That is one of my worst pet peeves.

BigBoomerInBigD
12/31/2008, 04:47 PM
I know I posted this earlier, but any bowl game that their parade is more famous than the game is not that big of a deal

BUT IT'S THE GRANDADDY (tm) OF ALL COLLEGE FOOTBALL GAMES!!!

:D

Okie35
12/31/2008, 05:01 PM
BUT IT'S THE GRANDADDY (tm) OF ALL COLLEGE FOOTBALL GAMES!!!

:D

haha i was going to say the same thing... stupid media propaganda...:D

Dio
12/31/2008, 07:03 PM

We don't get French benefits?

HungaryGator
12/31/2008, 09:32 PM
Yes we noticed the whining on ESPN earlier today. Poor Poor U$C. They just don't get any medialove at all. They're so disadvantaged. Don't you know they deserve it more than either of us? Poor Sneaky Pete (sniffle).

DenverSooner751
12/31/2008, 09:37 PM
Yes we noticed the whining on ESPN earlier today. Poor Poor U$C. They just don't get any medialove at all. They're so disadvantaged. Don't you know they deserve it more than either of us? Poor Sneaky Pete (sniffle).

Wow, I'm going to agree with a Gator.

Have we found a mutual hatred?

HungaryGator
12/31/2008, 09:59 PM
Most of us hate U$C. We played them twice in the 80's. They have yet to beat us.....yet they don't seem to want to acknowledge that.

We also despise Notre Lame-doesn't everybody? :)

swardboy
12/31/2008, 11:17 PM
Oh believe me, I heard plenty on the radio too. One dipstick was bemoaning that USC just lost at the wrong time, when they were ranked 5th and UF was rated 8th....wait,

BoulderSooner79
1/1/2009, 12:15 AM
I'm going to enjoy the Rose Bowl and hope that JoePa can pull off the upset. But if not, I'll be smugly comfortable with the fact that 'SC is 3000 miles away from the crystal football and the game they really wanted to play. :D

CrimsonJim
1/1/2009, 01:47 AM
Knuckles to HungaryGator - Yup, can't stand U$C & Notre Dumb. ROFL on the Sneaky Pete. :)

OPSEC
1/1/2009, 06:51 AM
Yeah I noticed it even more last night. Commented to my Soldier that I should check OUr trophy case to see if we had that one. He asked so I said yep, got tshirt. No biggie. dont understand the hoopla. Get the media.

Oh believe me, I heard plenty on the radio too. One dipstick was bemoaning that USC just lost at the wrong time, when they were ranked 5th and UF was rated 8th....wait,

As for this, they talked about it during the Armed Forces Bowl and STILL couldnt understand how the system workes. Sorry Gators.

SoonerBacker
1/1/2009, 09:07 AM
Well, at least Gameday began their broadcast this morning with a reference to the Rose Bowl as.........

THE GRANDDADDY OF ALL CONSOLATION PRIZES!