PDA

View Full Version : Blake vs. Washington

MI Sooner
12/31/2008, 12:23 AM
I didn't see the game, but the SC highlights made it look as though Washington pwned Griffin. Was that the case?

Rhino
12/31/2008, 12:31 AM
Arkansaw pwned Griffin. He was triple-teamed most of the game.

And most of Washington's points came against Taylor Griffin. Taylor is possibly the worst defensive post player I've ever seen at OU. I can't tell if he sucks at defense or just doesn't care. I think it's a little bit of both.

OUSKINS
12/31/2008, 06:05 AM
Rhino-- Taylor isn't any worse than his brother. Blake got triple-teamed when he had the ball, but he was routinely owned in the post by Washington-- many times one on one. Blake was also VERY weak once the guards would penetrate-- which was almost every play last night.

Maybe Blake really isn't as strong as he looks? There were a few times when he just couldn't hold his ground and Washington backed him down and Blake could do nothing about it.

boomersooner28
12/31/2008, 10:42 AM
First of all, we were over-rated. Second of all, we don't play defense. We will have lots of trouble with Texas and maybe even the young Kansas team if we don't get a chip on OUr shoulder immediately. We don't play defense inside AT ALL. NONE. WTF!?!?!?!?!!?

microcap52
12/31/2008, 11:34 AM
Hey if you didn't see the game consider yourself lucky...I think maybe the kids thought the game was tonight instead of last night...I predicted the loss to my coffee group (which are all OSU ppl except for me and 1 other)...I saw the point guard from ARK last week when they played on ESPN and figured with it being in Bud Walton that we were ripe to get beat...that isn't all that bad though, IMO since it wasn't a conf game and this will gave Coach C something to ride their fannies about...except for the offensive efforts by Blake and Willie, a very poor showing...think about it, when was the last time that we had FOR players foul out?

Cappy
12/31/2008, 11:49 AM
They were also battling foul trouble all night, it makes it tougher to be aggressive when you know your next foul is gonna get you a ticket to the pine.

Sooner04
12/31/2008, 12:07 PM
The Griffin brothers, Taylor especially, always try to make the hero play. They leave their feet way too often and that will invite automatic foul trouble any time we're not playing in Norman. You can do that all night long at OCS and get away with it because you're a superstar, but you'll be getting Greg Oden-like minutes on the pine on the road with the fouls you'll be sure to rack up.

It's a disturbing trend, but not nearly as disturbing as the ineptness at the free throw line.

Eielson
12/31/2008, 01:53 PM
Maybe Blake really isn't as strong as he looks?

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/BLAKEGRIFFIN7_11150.JPG

Say it to his face. I dare you.

OUSKINS
12/31/2008, 02:43 PM
http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/BLAKEGRIFFIN7_11150.JPG

Say it to his face. I dare you.

I'm not threatening him or accusing him, just wondering aloud. If it isn't a matter of strength, then it's a matter of technique and/or effort.

Washington is not a force inside, but there were several occasions where he basically pushed Blake aside, and one occasion when he easily backed Blake down in the block without any resistance.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/31/2008, 02:59 PM
The Griffin brothers, Taylor especially, always try to make the hero play. They leave their feet way too often and that will invite automatic foul trouble any time we're not playing in Norman. You can do that all night long at OCS and get away with it because you're a superstar, but you'll be getting Greg Oden-like minutes on the pine on the road with the fouls you'll be sure to rack up.

It's a disturbing trend, but not nearly as disturbing as the ineptness at the free throw line.

Bingo...its more like they try and make a highlight reel than the sound play..Good for you to get a big rejection but give up several baskets each game attempting it...

or just standing their flat footed on D a lot..Blake often is just standing there when a guard drives and doesn't do much...

And the silly reaching fouls that both of them get....stuff we were broken from in high school is the stuff they do on D