PDA

View Full Version : Is no one else concerned...

MI Sooner
12/30/2008, 11:53 PM
...by the performances of our opponents so far? I thought TCU, Missou, and the Pokes would all win by double digits. I've really been surprised by how bad Robinson and Daniel looked. I know Daniel folds in big games, but can you really call the Alamo Bowl a big game?

Mark_in_Tulsa
12/30/2008, 11:55 PM
I R confused.

Do you mean "Is no one else concerned" or Is anyone else concerned"?

Rhino
12/30/2008, 11:58 PM
You were suprised with how bad Daniel looked? He's looked AWFUL this season.

As for aggy, you lose your only receiver and your QB gets drilled all game, you're going to lose.

adoniijahsooner
12/31/2008, 12:05 AM
The only team that needs to win is OU, and that is it.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/31/2008, 12:06 AM
You were suprised with how bad Daniel looked? He's looked AWFUL this season.

As for aggy, you lose your only receiver and your QB gets drilled all game, you're going to lose.

not to mention that you've dominated the entire season by running the ball and they went 5 or 6 straight possessions without hunter touching the ball. when he finally started touching it, they started moving the ball. HORRIBLE game plan by gundy. i mean HORRIBLE...

chase daniel peaked against nebraska. i'm not sure if that was the weekend he met his new girlfriend or not, but since that point, he has been one of the worst QBs in the big 12.

IronSoonerMan
12/31/2008, 12:08 AM
<-- Not concerned!

Fiatil
12/31/2008, 12:09 AM
Yeah honestly, TCU beating Boise in any fashion is pretty good. Boise looked pretty good all year, despite the whole "playing nobody worth mentioning" part, and TCU handled them fairly well.

Mizzou looked like Mizzou has looked since they played OSU, and the pokes choked like the pokes will choke.

Fiatil
12/31/2008, 12:11 AM
Wooh board broken double posts!

MI Sooner
12/31/2008, 12:19 AM
I R confused.

Do you mean "Is no one else concerned" or Is anyone else concerned"?

I meant "no one." If you look at the responses, they confirm my impression that no one else is concerned. So, the intent of my post was to see if I could confirm that, although I was concerned, no one (possibly somewhat hyperbolic) else was. Hence, "Is no one else..." But really, it doesn't matter. Either way you phrase it, I've gotten my information.

Jmorales22
12/31/2008, 12:21 AM
You mean the teams we beat by 20, 25, and 41 points?

No.

Iam4OUru
12/31/2008, 12:22 AM
I'm happy for TCU but screw all them Big 12 teams. I hope they all lose! We've already won the conference title.....why should we root for them?

BOOMER SOONER....nuttin' else matters!

Rhino
12/31/2008, 12:25 AM
Gundy might as well be playing NCAA Football 2009 on PS3.

4th & 10? Star receiver with one good leg? Star quarterback that can't hit the broadside of a barn after the beating he's taken? Hey, lets throw a 20 yard streak down the sideline to the receiver with a peg leg! Ridiculous.

aggy is aggy.

landrun
12/31/2008, 12:25 AM
I fully expected Oregon to win this game. I thought the pokes might pull it out in the first qtr, but I always felt OSU was going to lose.

The 4th place team in the Big XII South just gave the 2nd best team in the PAC 10 all they wanted. And had Dez not got hurt and Oregon not be allowed to cheap shot Robinson all night, OSU would have pulled this off.

landrun
12/31/2008, 12:26 AM
I fully expected Oregon to win this game. I thought the pokes might pull it out in the first qtr, but I always felt OSU was going to lose.

The 4th place team in the Big XII South just gave the 2nd best team in the PAC 10 all they wanted. And had Dez not got hurt and Oregon not be allowed to cheap shot Robinson all night, OSU would have pulled this off.

sooneron
12/31/2008, 12:29 AM
Yeah honestly, TCU beating Boise in any fashion is pretty good. Boise looked pretty good all year, despite the whole "playing nobody worth mentioning" part, and TCU handled them fairly well.

Well, they did beat the team that just beat lOSUr.

G8trGr8t
Oregon put more ayrd on Ok Sate than OU did.Take away the two turnovers and the terrible play call on fourth and inches and they might have scored 60 on them too.

They ran for over 300 yards and passed for 258

CrimsonJim
Disappointed, yes. Concerned, No. TCU won, Mizzou won, the Pokes do what they do best - all non issues in the MNC.

Salt City Sooner
12/31/2008, 12:31 AM

Mizzou looked like Mizzou has looked since they played OSU, and the pokes choked like the pokes will choke.
Granted, the Ducks QB situation was a trainwreck at the time, but BSU did go into Autzen & come away with a win.

G8trGr8t
12/31/2008, 12:33 AM
TCU played a mid major.

Mizzou needed turnovers and overtime against an academic school in the little 10

Oregon had over 550 yds in offense against Ok State

Hope the SEC does better than this or we will all be lapping at the feet of the Big East and ACC when it comes time to talk about bowl play.

BoulderSooner79
12/31/2008, 12:38 AM
I can't believe ZR didn't have a concussion after that hit - looked helmet to helmet to the side of his noggin. But he had missed easy passes before that hit - didn't play nearly as well as he did against us. Dumb play calling by Gundy after the goal line stand. Long, time consuming drive is what they needed and he swung for the fences.

But back on point, these other teams performances don't worry me. Mizzou barely put up a fight against OU and UT. TCU plays good D, but doesn't have killer instinct on offense. OSU always plays us better than they play anyone else and Oregon has really come on lately. I just want OU to play well.

Jason White's Third Knee
12/31/2008, 12:40 AM
TCU played a mid major.

Mizzou needed turnovers and overtime against an academic school in the little 10

Hope the SEC does better than this or we will all be lapping at the feet of the Big East and ACC when it comes time to talk about bowl play.

TCU IS a mid major.

Mizzou has been down all year and was playing like crap tonight. How many times do they need to commit dead ball fouls before they shore that up?

How many yards did OK state have? I don't know, but I'll bet it was respectable, not to mention that their allstar player was out. Jeez.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
12/31/2008, 12:42 AM
I don't much care if a ll the Big 12 teams look anemic, as long as we can smoke FU.

Leroy Lizard
12/31/2008, 12:46 AM
So far, Miami got beat, Hawaii got beat, at least Florida State won.

And you're making fun of our opponents' record in bowls?

AimForCenterMass
12/31/2008, 12:48 AM
In addition to the inept playcalling, I am curious why Oregon was getting away with so many holds.

adoniijahsooner
12/31/2008, 12:55 AM
Oregon put more ayrd on Ok Sate than OU did.Take away the two turnovers and the terrible play call on fourth and inches and they might have scored 60 on them too.

You take comfort in that? Let me confuse you for a minute. Texas beat us by 10, Texas Tech beat Texas by 6, and we beat Tech by 44. So which one of these games made an effect on the other? How much does ole miss have to win by for you to get real confident? If Ole Miss wins by 35 points against Tech than we will beat you by 7 points. Is that true? Stop with the bull**** and just wait until we play the actual game.

Collier11
12/31/2008, 01:00 AM
A few reasons I dont care

1) its all about matchups
2) bowl season is alot about who really gives a crap, mizzou didnt give a crap and still won.
3) Osu was winning win Bryant went down
4) Tcu beat a good team
5) I could care less if the Big 12 loses all their bowl games as long as we win ours!

Collier11
12/31/2008, 01:04 AM
TCU played a mid major.

TCU is a mid-major and beat a top ten team
What does it matter what kind of school they are, NW had a decent year and Mizzou was overrated all year...and still won

Who ever said osu's D was any good. Did you not watch the game, Osu was winning when Bryant got hurt

Bowl games dont mean a damn thing, half the teams dont care about them and if you really think the Acc and Big East are good conf you are a jackhole

CrimsonJim
12/31/2008, 01:06 AM

Sic 'em, Leroy!

adoniijahsooner
12/31/2008, 01:07 AM
Originally Posted by G8trGr8t

Hey, Furman held the Citadel to 20 points, and they scored 19 against the Gators.

adoniijahsooner
12/31/2008, 01:10 AM
Oh and Samford held the Citadel to 10 points, so that means that their defense is better than yours.

Leroy Lizard
12/31/2008, 02:08 AM

The academic school finished higher in its conference than Missouri did in its own. Missouri is our fifth-best team. Northwestern also had a better record than Missouri.

Yet Missouri beat Northwestern.

Ergo, you're an idiot.

olevetonahill
12/31/2008, 02:26 AM
The academic school finished higher in its conference than Missouri did in its own. Missouri is our fifth-best team. Northwestern also had a better record than Missouri.

Yet Missouri beat Northwestern.

Ergo, you're an idiot.

Pot Meet Kettle :rolleyes:

Leroy Lizard
12/31/2008, 02:37 AM
Such bitterness.

olevetonahill
12/31/2008, 02:39 AM
Such bitterness.

You guessed it sweet cheeks :rolleyes:

OPSEC
12/31/2008, 03:10 AM
So if Tech pounds Ole Miss, who beat UF. And we pounded Tech, does that mean we pound UF? I think we learn something out of this game.

Like the "system QBs" DO work!

MrJimBeam
12/31/2008, 06:02 AM
I am curious why Oregon was getting away with so many holds.

So was Robert Allen. [hairGel]

sendbaht
12/31/2008, 06:43 AM
"The only team that needs to win is OU, and that is it."

I 2nd this...this is ALL that matters.

Gator996
12/31/2008, 07:31 AM
Let's see, Missouri beats Northwestern in OT on the strength of a Maclin punt return and a missed Northwestern extra point, but only has 311 yards to show for it, while Northwestern gains 376, has a 100+ yard runner, and picks off Daniel three times. Against a Northwestern pass defense that was 73rd nationally with 215 yards passing allowed per game and 10 yards a completion, Daniel got all of 200 yards passing and 4.4 yards/completion.

Now, Oklahoma State gives up 568 yards, 35 second half points, and two 100 yard rushing performances to Oregon, while their fourth ranked quarterback nationally barely completes 50% of his passes (27/50, as compared with 67% on the year), averages less than 7 yards/completion (down from roughly 16 yards/completion on the year), and throws more interceptions than touchdowns, against an Oregon pass defense that was 57th nationally in efficiency and 108th in passing yards allowed.

I think we are starting to see a trend here.

olevetonahill
12/31/2008, 07:37 AM
Yup WE suck , But we Gonna Play the ****ing Game anyway Ok ?:rolleyes:

Gator996
12/31/2008, 07:45 AM
A little touchy about the subject???

Oklahoma wasn't even mentioned....

My post is about the lack of defense being played in the Big12 this year.

Worried a little?

olevetonahill
12/31/2008, 08:08 AM

Worried a little?

Nope
I bet CCg 30 Bucks and Gave 14 points
Yall are 3 Point Favs. Wanta bet heads up ?
No Points ?

Gator996
12/31/2008, 08:12 AM
No problem.

But how about raising the stakes to a even round number?

$50 or $100, no line

olevetonahill
12/31/2008, 08:23 AM
No problem.

But how about raising the stakes to a even round number?

$50 or $100, no line

1000 , If we Can get a Mod to Hold the Stakes
a 30 Buck bet is a gentlemen s Handshake thing
If Jed who Ive peemed will hold the Cash and send it to the winner . Yer on Ho
Unless a K is to Much fer ya ?
;)

SoonerBacker
12/31/2008, 08:28 AM
I don't care what happens in other bowl games. As has been pointed out, comparing scores and opponents' performance in bowl games doesn't tell us anything about how OUr game is going to turn out. Matchups, motivation, field conditions, injuries........all will effect the way games turn out.

As long as the SOONERS go into Miami with the right attitude, and all I read about them tells me they are, then we'll be kickin Gator Tail and bringing #8 back to Norman on Jan 8!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/HardCorpsHistory/Jumping_Gator.jpg

BigGobbler
12/31/2008, 08:44 AM
I'll take a $50 bet straight up against any Gator out there. This game is the lock of the year.... Made a fortune betting OU this year. Sooners went 11-2 against the spread this year :)

olevetonahill
12/31/2008, 08:47 AM
I'll take a $50 bet straight up against any Gator out there. This game is the lock of the year.... Made a fortune betting OU this year. Sooners went 11-2 against the spread this year :)

Back Off Boy Im trying to get a Large bet here .;)

instigator
12/31/2008, 10:27 AM
not to mention that you've dominated the entire season by running the ball and they went 5 or 6 straight possessions without hunter touching the ball. when he finally started touching it, they started moving the ball. HORRIBLE game plan by gundy. i mean HORRIBLE...

I actually thought Hunter might be hurt. Toston was in there a lot and Hunter was no where to be found.

ETGator1
12/31/2008, 11:22 AM

Leroy, as usual, you have a strange view of things. Miami and FSU are ACC while Hawaii is WAC. It's SEC comparisons that count and I'm sure they will come starting today when the SEC kicks off our bowl season.

The Big 12 defenses have been so down because of the all-world offensive play this season. That's been the mantra with the fans and in the press. Just because 2 of the top 4 QBs in the Big 12 have posted lackluster results against not so good defenses from the Big Ten and PAC 10 is no concern. I'm sure it isn't a trend (wink):

Daniel & Mizzou - picked three times - averaged 215 yards per game/10 yards per completion on the year, but threw for 200 yards/4.4 yards per completion against Northwestern's 73rd ranked pass defense. Northwestern had 376 total yards and a 100+ yard rusher

Robinson & OSU - completed 27/50 for a 54% completion average against Oregon after completing 67% on the year - threw more INTs than TDs against Oregon - averaged 16 yards per catch on the year, but less than 7 per catch against Oregon - defense allowed 568 yards and 42 points to a PAC 10 team - Did I mention that Oregon is 108th in yards allowed and 57th nationally in defense efficiency - Leroy, tell me again why OSU should be in the playoff I proposed. (LOL) BTW, vote for ET. (G)

No trends at all to worry about.

Next up, the SEC and any trends that would make me worry a bit. (wink)

A-M
12/31/2008, 11:29 AM

Since I am a woman who has never played football, I am not always sure that what I think is a foul really should be one. I actually was reading and watching the game at the same time and many, many times when I looked up from my book, I thought that the refs should have called Oregon for ruffing the passer and they didn't. I don't know how Robinson made it through that whole game from what I saw and as I said, I was spending more time reading then I was watching the game. I'll bet that he is huring big time today!

ADs_Agent
12/31/2008, 11:31 AM
1) Daniel has played terrible in every big game this year

2) Robinson lost his best receiver and was playing with a seperated shoulder

3) OSU=#4 in the Big XII, UO=#2 in the Pac 10

DCGator
12/31/2008, 11:35 AM

Actually, there are only two rankings in the Pac 10, USC (#1), Also-rans (randomly pick #2-10). ;)

A-M
12/31/2008, 11:41 AM

Worried a little?

NO! Not even a little.:D

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/31/2008, 11:45 AM
Leroy, as usual, you have a strange view of things. Miami and FSU are ACC while Hawaii is WAC. It's SEC comparisons that count and I'm sure they will come starting today when the SEC kicks off our bowl season.

The Big 12 defenses have been so down because of the all-world offensive play this season. That's been the mantra with the fans and in the press. Just because 2 of the top 4 QBs in the Big 12 have posted lackluster results against not so good defenses from the Big Ten and PAC 10 is no concern. I'm sure it isn't a trend (wink):

Daniel & Mizzou - picked three times - averaged 215 yards per game/10 yards per completion on the year, but threw for 200 yards/4.4 yards per completion against Northwestern's 73rd ranked pass defense. Northwestern had 376 total yards and a 100+ yard rusher

Robinson & OSU - completed 27/50 for a 54% completion average against Oregon after completing 67% on the year - threw more INTs than TDs against Oregon - averaged 16 yards per catch on the year, but less than 7 per catch against Oregon - defense allowed 568 yards and 42 points to a PAC 10 team - Did I mention that Oregon is 108th in yards allowed and 57th nationally in defense efficiency - Leroy, tell me again why OSU should be in the playoff I proposed. (LOL) BTW, vote for ET. (G)

oklahoma state had 280 yards and 17 points in 22 minutes before bryant got hurt. there defense had given up yards, but only 7 points on one big play.

think about that for a second. that is 100 shy of how much oregon's D averages for the season in a 1/3 of the game. at that point, injuries and turnovers turned the game around, just like they can in ANY football game (see ole miss). pokey state is by far the most fragile of the big 12 south teams in that they have no depth behind guys like bryant and hunter. hunter was hurt at the end of the season and bryant was hurt in the middle of the game. however, up until that injury, dez bryant was DOMINATING that game.

theresonly1OU
12/31/2008, 12:14 PM

Actually, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Leroy was responding to some other asenine gator's post breaking down the bowl performances of the three teams OU has faced.

But, in what seems to be the trend around here, when faced with facts, that gator turned tail and ran; thus the misunderstanding.

FWIW, comparing the bowl records of teams you played to win an arguement is about as successful as Robert Allens' annual new year resolution to drop 500 lbs. The only thing that matters is how we play on the field.

That being said, I welcome all the arrogance from the florida fans; this way Florida St. will have the company of yet another team from Florida who was going to kick our @$$ all over the orange bowl watch us leave their state with a crystal ball.

oumartin
12/31/2008, 12:28 PM
Is OU playin' Florida or Okie State? I can't tell their fans apart.

theresonly1OU
12/31/2008, 12:37 PM
Is OU playin' Florida or Okie State? I can't tell their fans apart.

Hint: don't be fooled by the mullet; look for the jorts.

It's like a right of passage for adult males in SEC country or something.

CrimsonJim
12/31/2008, 01:01 PM
I think we are starting to see a trend here.

The only trend I see here is another Gator spewing a bunch of shat that doesn't have anything to do with the MNC game. What a CROCK.....err, reptile....uhhhh Gator....ROFL....I just crack myself up sometimes! :D

East Coast Bias
12/31/2008, 01:16 PM
You would have to expect the gator poop to hit the fan after the pokes showing last night. We will probably have to listen to this until Crabtree and Harrel light up Ole Miss. Watching Chase and Zac struggle hitting any receivers really makes you appreciate the accurracy that Sam brings. If Florida can't find a way to pressure Sam they will running around trying to tackle in space all night...

picasso
12/31/2008, 01:17 PM
...by the performances of our opponents so far? I thought TCU, Missou, and the Pokes would all win by double digits. I've really been surprised by how bad Robinson and Daniel looked. I know Daniel folds in big games, but can you really call the Alamo Bowl a big game?

not at all. and the knobs on the radio have brought this up also. If Bryant doesn't get hurt oSu wins. If Bryant had gotten hurt against us we win by 30.

Missouri???? Who ever thought they were any good? pffft.

picasso
12/31/2008, 01:19 PM
oklahoma state had 280 yards and 17 points in 22 minutes before bryant got hurt. there defense had given up yards, but only 7 points on one big play.

think about that for a second. that is 100 shy of how much oregon's D averages for the season in a 1/3 of the game. at that point, injuries and turnovers turned the game around, just like they can in ANY football game (see ole miss). pokey state is by far the most fragile of the big 12 south teams in that they have no depth behind guys like bryant and hunter. hunter was hurt at the end of the season and bryant was hurt in the middle of the game. however, up until that injury, dez bryant was DOMINATING that game.

not to mention that oSu was 4th in our division.

picasso
12/31/2008, 01:20 PM
1) Daniel has played terrible in every big game this year

2) Robinson lost his best receiver and was playing with a seperated shoulder

bingo.

zman515
12/31/2008, 02:27 PM

How are Daniel and Robinson two of the top four quarterbacks in the big 12 if neither are in the top 3?

adoniijahsooner
12/31/2008, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by ETGator1

OSU scored over 30 points with a qb who had a separated shoulder, and Mizzou also scored 30 points; you considered that lackluster. Whats the 3-2 game that set offense back 100 years called? I know, good sec football.

Sooner-by-Marriage
12/31/2008, 03:00 PM
Over the past several years, the Big XII's performance in Bowl Season hasn't seemed to reflect how well OU ends up playing in their game, so I'm not sure why this year would be any different.

If OU shows up ready to play, we have every chance of winning this game, irregardless of how well or poorly the other Big XII teams play in their games.

adoniijahsooner
12/31/2008, 03:07 PM
last year the big 12 was competitive, and we were the only ones that stunk it up.

The Maestro
12/31/2008, 03:25 PM
I'm confused. Didn't we score 61 in Stillwater?

Just wondering what their performance against Oregon has to do with us.

Comparing scores = the weakest of weak sauces.

goingoneight
12/31/2008, 03:36 PM
Were any of you concerned that Texas Tech beat Texas? Come on...

OUmillenium
12/31/2008, 03:37 PM
Remember when Tex and Textech had nice bowl wins in 2004? Did that help us vs. USuC? nope

fossil
12/31/2008, 03:51 PM
1000 , If we Can get a Mod to Hold the Stakes
a 30 Buck bet is a gentlemen s Handshake thing
If Jed who Ive peemed will hold the Cash and send it to the winner . Yer on Ho
Unless a K is to Much fer ya ?
;)

:rolleyes: C'mon Gator996, where'd ya disappear to. Olevetonahill gives you a chance to put your money where your mouth is, and all of a sudden you are a shrinking violet. Show you have some nads and some confidence in your team and call him on the offer. Have you gone into hiding now?

The word 'CHICKEN ****' comes to my mind again.

adoniijahsooner
12/31/2008, 04:33 PM
:rolleyes: C'mon Gator996, where'd ya disappear to. Olevetonahill gives you a chance to put your money where your mouth is, and all of a sudden you are a shrinking violet. Show you have some nads and some confidence in your team and call him on the offer. Have you gone into hiding now?

The word 'CHICKEN ****' comes to my mind again.

no faith, just gum bumping.

soonermeteor
12/31/2008, 04:43 PM
last year the big 12 was competitive, and we were the only ones that stunk it up.

I was waiting for someone to finally bring this up. If OU had played first last year, you wouldn't have given any other big 12 team a prayer.

ETGator1
12/31/2008, 05:28 PM
The early returns say the Big 12 defenses aren't good and the Big 12 offenses aren't what they have been made out to be. The PAC 10 should be renamed the PAC 1/Pathetic 9. The Cowboys lost to a Pathetic 9 team.

BigGobbler
12/31/2008, 05:41 PM
The early returns say the Big 12 defenses aren't good and the Big 12 offenses aren't what they have been made out to be. The PAC 10 should be renamed the PAC 1/Pathetic 9. The Cowboys lost to a Pathetic 9 team.

Please come back after the Tex Tech Vs Miss game and break that one down for us. We should be able to tell who will win on Jan 8th based on that outcome right????????????

adoniijahsooner
12/31/2008, 05:45 PM

Are you watching the offensive explosion by vandy?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/31/2008, 05:54 PM

uh, the PAC 1 lost to a pathetic 9 team. at some point, you guys are going to abandon your pre-k logic and enter a larger world.

BoulderSooner79
12/31/2008, 06:11 PM

The early returns show that smart Sooner fans don't give a rats @ss about games played before 1/8.

picasso
12/31/2008, 06:12 PM

and your willy would have been in a shrivel had you guys played at Stillwater in November.

tulsaoilerfan
12/31/2008, 11:27 PM
uh, the PAC 1 lost to a pathetic 9 team. at some point, you guys are going to abandon your pre-k logic and enter a larger world.

Don't count on that happening

MI Sooner
1/2/2009, 05:38 PM
An isolated game may not change my opinion, but now I'm officially concerned. Granted, I don't care much if teams in our conference win, but when evaluating our chances of winning, I think that strength of schedule is an important consideration. Ours is looking weaker and Florida's is looking stronger. Missouri wasn't motivated, OSU had injuries, ... so what's TTU's excuse?

The Big XII looks decent (3-2, assumuming Ole Miss hangs on), and TCU won, but our opponents have fared worse than expected (all were favored except Cinci, I think) and the offenses in particular look out of synch. I'm particularly concerned about the OL play, as all the Big XII QBs have been running for their lives, and it seems like they've drawn a lot of holding penalties.

Combine that with the SEC success, our injuries, and this look worse for us than they did at the end of the Missouri game.

In my mind (Vegas is usually smarter), OU was a one score favorite. Now, I think it's reversed. I suspect I'm in the minority around here though.