PDA

View Full Version : 3 Questions about OUR game

olevetonahill
12/30/2008, 10:25 PM
#1 , Have they announced who the Officials will Be ?
#2 , Whos the Announcers ?
#3 Do we Know anything about the Field? ( Type Of Turf etc. )

sooner59
12/30/2008, 10:38 PM
1. Couldn't find the officiating crew.

2. Jan. 8 FedEx BCS Nat. Champ. Game 7:30 PM

Thom Brennaman, Charles Davis & Chris Myers

3. I would assume no sand, all grass. Slickness will probably depend on the weather in a few weeks.

Iam4OUru
12/30/2008, 10:38 PM
I got nuthin'

olevetonahill
12/30/2008, 10:46 PM
Will Our Equipment Manager At Least make sure Our Boys have the Correct Shoes ?

olevetonahill
12/30/2008, 10:48 PM
1. Couldn't find the officiating crew.

2. Jan. 8 FedEx BCS Nat. Champ. Game 7:30 PM

Thom Brennaman, Charles Davis & Chris Myers

3. I would assume no sand, all grass. Slickness will probably depend on the weather in a few weeks.

Ya I wasnt thinkin , Its a Fox Game Not abc .

GottaHavePride
12/30/2008, 11:10 PM
Same stadium as 2000. The turf is real grass, but it's ****ty grass. When you walk on it it feels like it's grass and about 1/4" of dirt thrown on top of a ****ty plywood deck.

I was NOT impressed with that field last time I was there.

Jdog
12/31/2008, 12:54 AM
hopefully its not Pac 10 officials. They called a terrible game tonight.

olevetonahill
12/31/2008, 01:06 AM
Same stadium as 2000. The turf is real grass, but it's ****ty grass. When you walk on it it feels like it's grass and about 1/4" of dirt thrown on top of a ****ty plywood deck.

I was NOT impressed with that field last time I was there.

But Isnt this a Different Field than in 2000 ?

Iam4OUru
12/31/2008, 01:20 AM
But Isnt this a Different Field than in 2000 ?

I believe so....

tommieharris91
12/31/2008, 01:55 AM
hopefully its not Pac 10 officials. They called a terrible game tonight.

Pac-10 officials weren't in the Holiday Bowl. Anyway, I've heard ACC officials will be at our game.

AllAboutThe'O'
12/31/2008, 02:47 AM
Ya I wasnt thinkin , Its a Fox Game Not abc .

More than likely the last national title game FOX will ever broadcast, since the BCS title game next year is at the Rose Bowl and ABC gets that. After that is when the ESPN/BCS deal kicks in.

lank77
12/31/2008, 06:24 AM
I am an OU Grad and Oklahoma Native and I know all of you will not like this post, BUT OU has no basis in performance to be favored in this game. Just being honest and objective OU has been B**%ch slapped in four BCS games, you can ignore that if you want, but you are deceiving yourselves. The performance of TCU, OSU and MO reflect the relative weakness of the conference outside of OU and Texas which beat OU. Sorry folks but I am not sold on OU this year as National Champions, maybe many of you did not experience the 55-19 beatdown a few years back, get ready.

OUHOMER
12/31/2008, 06:30 AM
I guess we should just give up now. Oh and where did you move to texas or florida or stillwater :mad:

olevetonahill
12/31/2008, 06:43 AM
I am an OU Grad and Oklahoma Native and I know all of you will not like this post, BUT OU has no basis in performance to be favored in this game. Just being honest and objective OU has been B**%ch slapped in four BCS games, you can ignore that if you want, but you are deceiving yourselves. The performance of TCU, OSU and MO reflect the relative weakness of the conference outside of OU and Texas which beat OU. Sorry folks but I am not sold on OU this year as National Champions, maybe many of you did not experience the 55-19 beatdown a few years back, get ready.

Fer shats and Giggles I turned Ya green :D
Now GRad and Native where are we Favored ?
What the Hell does the Last 4 years Have to do with This Year ?
After we Spank the Scaly Lizards Ill turn Ya back Red .:D

lank77
12/31/2008, 06:52 AM
Fer shats and Giggles I turned Ya green :D
Now GRad and Native where are we Favored ?
What the Hell does the Last 4 years Have to do with This Year ?
After we Spank the Scaly Lizards Ill turn Ya back Red .:D

No need to get nasty, just give me the reasons that I (we) should expect a different outcome this year? Past Performance is a very good predictor of future performance especially when a TREND is established. Oh, I live in Virginia

olevetonahill
12/31/2008, 06:59 AM
No need to get nasty, just give me the reasons that I (we) should expect a different outcome this year? Past Performance is a very good predictor of future performance especially when a TREND is established. Oh, I live in Virginia

How was I nasty nOOb ?. I asked You what the Hell the Last 4 yrs had to do with THIS year ?WE are NOT favored in this Game .WE be 3 Point dogs .
Now Yer Past Performance Indicator Mite Carry a Tad Of weight IF this Was the SAME team Every Stinkin Year . It aint .
Wanta Put 100 On it ? Heads Up ?
Hell yer Pullin fer the Gators and they Be -3 . I say Heads Up No Points . ;)
Now STFU or Put Up .;)

olevetonahill
12/31/2008, 07:01 AM
With You Ill bet 100 Bucks and Say OU-7
Call me Ho .

SPuL
12/31/2008, 09:30 AM
I read article, and I'm a little bit concerned.

The orange bowl played 7 days before, THEN the dolphins and Chargers play 4 days before. There was some concern on whether the field will be ready or not.

I think that's what happened in Holiday bowl. The Chargers had a game on Sunday there. And we saw what happened to the field. It sucks that the crappy field basically stole OSU's best player and their momentum and basically played large role in costing them the game.

I'd hate to see Bradford go back to step back and plant, and then go down :(

SoonerBacker
12/31/2008, 09:42 AM
Both teams will be playing on the same field. It is just as likely that Tebow would start an option, plant to cut upfield, and go down.

To me, it's sort of like weather. Both teams will have to deal with the same conditioins. Although one would think that NFL grounds crews could get the field into better shape than the Chargers' crews did.

OUDoc
12/31/2008, 09:44 AM
No need to get nasty, just give me the reasons that I (we) should expect a different outcome this year? Past Performance is a very good predictor of future performance especially when a TREND is established.

So, the first few times you strike out means you're never getting laid? (In your case it's probable, I'm talking about normal people here.)

Oh, I live in Virginia

Gator troll.

olevetonahill
12/31/2008, 09:44 AM
I believe Our Equipment managers will Do a better Jorb than they Did In 05 .
Jus sayin ,

olevetonahill
12/31/2008, 09:47 AM
So, the first few times you strike out means you're never getting laid? (In your case it's probable, I'm talking about normal people here.)

Gator troll.

Its Sicem aint It Doc ?

SoonR4Life
12/31/2008, 10:26 AM
I saw some threads earlier in December about attendance, but maybe someone has seen numbers?

I know the Sooner nation travels pretty well, but I expect a majority gator crowd. Any word?

SPuL
12/31/2008, 01:20 PM
Both teams will be playing on the same field. It is just as likely that Tebow would start an option, plant to cut upfield, and go down.

To me, it's sort of like weather. Both teams will have to deal with the same conditioins. Although one would think that NFL grounds crews could get the field into better shape than the Chargers' crews did.
nah i know that, man. I ain't saying it'd give one team a better advantage. But i'd hate for us to lose a key player to a serious injury that not only dampers this game but next season.

Even if florida's players go down, it wouldn't be a good sight. I don't know, I just hope the field is in a lot better shape than the Holiday bowl. I mean, instead of 2 days, it'll be 4 days removed from any playing. Hopefully those 2 days help

theresonly1OU
12/31/2008, 01:34 PM

If that's true, then how about the fact that the last time OU, the underdog, was slated to play a "superior" team from Florida in the BCS national championship in Miami, Bob Stoops went home with a crystal ball?

I mean if past performance is a very good predictor of future perfomance and all...

OUDoc
12/31/2008, 02:11 PM
I mean if past performance is a very good predictor of future performance and all...

Once you win one championship, you'll never lose another one.
Once you lose one, you'll never win again.
Isn't that the way it works with everything? :confused:

theresonly1OU
12/31/2008, 02:28 PM
Once you win one championship, you'll never lose another one.
Once you lose one, you'll never win again.
Isn't that the way it works with everything? :confused:

this is one of those trick questions, right?

Are you with the government? ;)

StoopTroup
1/1/2009, 06:49 PM
Virginia seems full of trolls.

I hope everything is OK there. :pop:

CrimsonJim
1/1/2009, 07:26 PM

It's tards like this that give a nOOb a bad name.... :mad:

TUSooner
1/1/2009, 07:31 PM
Thom Brennaman calling the game = me hitting "mute" :(
Seems like he's called a few of our stinkeroos (e.g. Potato State) - and he seemed to enjoy it too much.

Jmorales22
1/1/2009, 09:25 PM
in re: the refs

If I remember last year, they used an "all star" crew of refs from various conferences who had done exceptional jobs this year. Of course I could be confusing that with the superbowl.