PDA

View Full Version : I confess: I have no idea what will happen in the BCS Championship game

lexsooner
12/30/2008, 11:26 AM
Unlike many other posters, I seriously have no idea. This and other boards are full of analyses and predictions and justifications, but in reality we can't accurately predict the outcome. There are too many variables and unknowns, and to make it worse, the game is a month out from the conference title games, so both teams have time to specially prepare or get stale. Perhaps Florida should be favored and may have a better than even chance of winning, and on paper they might be the better team, but who knows what will happen? Just the coaches, I suspect. All I can do is hope we win. Mostly, I just want game day to come around so we can find out.

sooner2b09
12/30/2008, 11:36 AM
I am with you, as much as I want OU to win, I just have no idea whats going to happen.

sooner518
12/30/2008, 11:40 AM
me neither. People keep asking me ""what do you think about the game?"

My only response is "If our O-line has a good game, and our D-line gets good pressure on them, we have a good shot at winning. If their D-line makes our OT's look like they're walking in sand, we probably lose...."

I think its that simple. It usually is.

A-M
12/30/2008, 11:45 AM
I am a life long sooner and I have no problem with telling you what will happen. OU wins, and wins big!

BoulderSooner79
12/30/2008, 11:50 AM
If you have no idea what will happen, but you want to know - you came to the right place. We have had gator visitors here with stats and charts and tables that not only prove they will win, but reveal the final score. Just go read the archives.

FirstandGoal
12/30/2008, 11:52 AM
Its pretty simple really.

If we show up to play (which includes no scores allowed on special teams) we win.

If we show up like we have been known to do in the past, we give the game to them.

I honestly believe that this is our game to win or lose.

lexsooner
12/30/2008, 11:57 AM
If you have no idea what will happen, but you want to know - you came to the right place. We have had gator visitors here with stats and charts and tables that not only prove they will win, but reveal the final score. Just go read the archives.

I have a feeling these same statistical experts lose money betting at football and lose money gambling too. If all that stuff really meant something, shouldn't they be wealthy by using these tools, and would never want to reveal their secret tools on someone's message board?

Hot Rod
12/30/2008, 11:59 AM
I like A-M's thoughts. I'm really excited about this game and have a great feeling about it. Here's to an 8th! Boomer Sooner!

SouthFortySooner
12/30/2008, 02:58 PM
I'll tell you what can happen. A delay draw to Darren Sproles. All night baby.
Kinda like my ulcer pain. :mad:

Kels
12/30/2008, 05:32 PM
I like our chances, I really do. I felt confident before the 2000 game. Most of the fans in our section felt the same way. In 2004, we seemed to be misfiring throughout the game. Even at the end when we had a chance to send it into OT. As far as TGOWWDNS, I was nervous before kickoff. At least we were the second-worse product on the field that night. Ashley Simpson won that honor hands down.

We've learned to build our vacation into the week before the game. It made Miami a great place to be in 2005. We're going down early next week as well. If things fall apart, it doesn't sour the whole trip. If we win like in 2000, then we can add an exclamation point to the trip and head back to Norman like we own the place.

Okie35
12/30/2008, 05:34 PM
have no predictions either but im super confident...

ouwapiti
12/30/2008, 06:40 PM
my standard answer is "i think OU can out score them".......jmo

lexsooner
12/30/2008, 07:01 PM
My standard party line is on paper Florida is the better team and should win, but everyone accuses me of talking like Lou Holtz. I always say it with a smile because everyone knows I want OU to win bad, and we have a good enough team to win.

Crimson Kid
12/30/2008, 07:10 PM
Whatever happens, i'm behind the team.

KingBarry
12/30/2008, 07:37 PM
The team that really "show up" wins this game. End of story.

If both show up, it should be a great game and momentum and intangibles could decide it.

If special teams decide the outcome, we are in some serious s***.

josh09
12/30/2008, 07:40 PM
Basically, i just dont want us to be out of it mentally, like we were in '03 and '04. Because i know that if we are mentally there, then no one should be able to beat us.

Iam4OUru
12/30/2008, 08:16 PM
I am with you, as much as I want OU to win, I just have no idea whats going to happen.

Towards the end of the season, I had some doubts whether we could beat TTU and OSU and play for the Big 12 Title. About mid-week, when I started having doubts, I would log on to soonerfans.com and, magically....all my doubts and fears would disappear. These guys would will OU to victory. They will not let us lose this national title. So, if you're having doubts about this one.....just hang around here...they'll make you a believer.

It's Destiny....OUrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thin White Duke
12/30/2008, 10:13 PM
From a Gator perspective I am worried about this game. I find it hard to believe that we are the favorite. I believe it is due to the last few bowl games - the SEC winning big in the BCS and Oklahoma not playing well. If you look at this season only there is no way that we should be favored. Even money I would buy. Like most people I prefer to be the underdog. I think UF can win but we have to play our best. It is a very interesting match up on both sides of the ball and in coaching. As I keep saying I believe the biggest edge is Oklahoma's defense becaause they are the one unit that is being so poorly talked about for no apparent reason. It is ridiculous to say that Oklahoma does not have a good defense. I think our biggest edge is the special teams. Like a previous poster said it will come down to line play, and, of course, turnovers.

soonercastor
12/30/2008, 11:22 PM
I would log on to soonerfans.com and, magically....all my doubts and fears would disappear. These guys would will OU to victory

SO TRUE