PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 vs. everyone

badger
12/30/2008, 10:40 AM
Mizzou makes win No. 1. OSU will make win No. 2 (or else they're not welcome back in this state)... so here's a thread to track bowl supremacy as bowl season continues...

Big 12: 1-0
Wins: Mizzou (over N'western)

ACC: 2-3
Wins: Wake Forest (over Navy), Florida St (over Wisconsin)
Losses: North Carolina (to West Virginia), Miami (to Cal), NC State (to Rutgers)

Big East: 3-0
Wins: South Florida (over Memphis), West Virginia (over UNC), Rutgers (over NC State)

Pac-10: 2-0
Wins: Arizona (over BYU), Cal (over Miami)

Big 10: 0-2
Losses: Wisconsin (to FSU), Northwestern (to Mizzou)

MWC: 2-1
Wins: Colorado State (over Fresno State), TCU (over Boise State)
Losses: BYU (to Az)

WAC: 1-3
Wins: Louisiana Tech (to Northern Illinois)
Losses: Fresno State (to Colo St.), Boise (to TCU), Hawaii (to Notre Dame)

C-USA: 1-1
Wins: Southern Miss (over Troy)
Losses: Memphis (to So Flor)

Sun Belt: 1-1
Wins: FAU (over Central Michigan)
Losses: Troy (to So Miss)

Others: 1-1
Wins: Notre Dame (over Hawaii)
Losses: Navy (to Wake)

MAC: 0-2
Losses: Central Michigan (to FAU), Northern Illinois (to La Tech)

Early-on thoughts:

-The SEC hasn't played anyone yet? Well, plenty of big bowls left.
- The Big 10 really does suck.
- We should stop making fun of the Pac 10 and Big East, at least momentarily.

I'll update this as the bowl season progresses. It would be nice to get some conference recognition this postseason in the form of many trophies... especially crystal football ones.

Hot Rod
12/30/2008, 10:46 AM
I don't know if anyone has pointed this out, but I thought that every Big 12 team was voted to win their bowl game, except for OU.

delhalew
12/30/2008, 10:51 AM
I'm not sure I can ever stop making fun of the PAC 10 or Big East.

badger
12/30/2008, 10:52 AM
I'm not sure I can ever stop making fun of the PAC 10 or Big East.

Do it for OU's sake then - we beat the Big East conference champion. As for the Pac 10... well, you can keep giggling at the Pac 10. Maybe Mike Stoops is giggling at them too.

Hot Rod
12/30/2008, 10:54 AM
The Pac 10 has their own Detroit Lions.

delhalew
12/30/2008, 10:57 AM
I had a good feeling about AZ v BYU. PAC 10 is there for the taking as far as Mike is concerned. Of course I wish him the best.

Truthfully, I've been pretty proud of that Cincy win. Phil Steele had them picked to win the Big East since preseason.

badger
12/30/2008, 10:57 AM
The Pac 10 has their own Detroit Lions.

They also have their 2007 Miami Dolphins ;)

BoulderSooner79
12/30/2008, 10:58 AM
Mizzou demonstrated why bowl records cannot be taken too seriously. NW was extremely hungry to get its first bowl win since 1949! Mizzou had not gotten over a disappointing season and losing every big game they played this year. With 34 bowl games, motivations are going to be all over the map.

Bourbon St Sooner
12/30/2008, 10:59 AM
The Mountain West Conference (despite BYUs loss to AZ) is still laughing at the Pac 10 so I will too.

CincySooner
12/30/2008, 11:13 AM
- We should stop making fun of the Pac 10 and Big East, at least momentarily.

I can't ignore the fact that the Pac10 went 1-5 against the Mountain West... the fun-making continues.

badger
12/30/2008, 11:51 AM
I want the Pac 10 to be handed its first loss tonight at the hands of the almighty Big 12. Then the laughing can resume :D

A-M
12/30/2008, 11:56 AM
Thanks for tracking this for us Badger. I don't care what the other posters say, you can be a good guy at times.

AimForCenterMass
12/30/2008, 11:58 AM
WAC: 1-2
Losses: Fresno State (to Colo St.), Boise (to TCU)

Hawaii (WAC) has a big "L". Make it 1-3 so far, with Nevada as a dog tonight.

badger
12/30/2008, 12:07 PM
Hawaii (WAC) has a big "L". Make it 1-3 so far, with Nevada as a dog tonight.

fixed. I was bound to miss at least one with all the bowls going on there. I don't think I left out anybody else.

cheezyq
12/30/2008, 12:28 PM
What's kind of funny to me is that MU looked terrible against NW, but still won. While MU's defense gave up 2-3 big plays and Chase Daniel threw 3 picks...they STILL won. What does that say about the Big 10?

badger
12/30/2008, 07:58 PM
So...um... I'm gonna go ahead and write off Nevada as the losing team...

Big 12: 1-0
Wins: Mizzou (over N'western)

ACC: 3-3
Wins: Wake Forest (over Navy), Florida St (over Wisconsin), Maryland (over Nevada)
Losses: North Carolina (to West Virginia), Miami (to Cal), NC State (to Rutgers)

Big East: 3-0
Wins: South Florida (over Memphis), West Virginia (over UNC), Rutgers (over NC State)

Pac-10: 2-0
Wins: Arizona (over BYU), Cal (over Miami)

Big 10: 0-2

MWC: 2-1
Losses: BYU (to Az)

WAC: 1-4
Losses: Fresno State (to Colo St.), Boise (to TCU), Hawaii (to Notre Dame), Nevada (to Maryland)

C-USA: 1-1
Wins: Southern Miss (over Troy)

MAC: 0-2
Losses: Central Michigan (to FAU), Northern Illinois (to La Tech)

Thin White Duke
12/30/2008, 11:36 PM
What's kind of funny to me is that MU looked terrible against NW, but still won. While MU's defense gave up 2-3 big plays and Chase Daniel threw 3 picks...they STILL won. What does that say about the Big 10?

Nothing.

OPSEC
12/31/2008, 03:19 AM
Mizzou makes win No. 1. OSU will make win No. 2 (or else they're not welcome back in this state)... so here's a thread to track bowl supremacy as bowl season continues...

So have we began building the wall? Friggin poke choke.....WTF. I usually root for the conf, but not disappointed if they lose as long as OU wins. But with all this "big 12 no D" crap rolling around, if they get beat hopefully their D's put up a fight of some sort.

badger
12/31/2008, 11:25 AM
I refuse to update until Big 12 has another win to add :mad:

birddog
12/31/2008, 12:22 PM
this thread needs to be read. you might have to register, not sure, but it will make your day.

if the guy posts here, sorry. it had to be done.

http://ouinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96724

OUmillenium
12/31/2008, 03:48 PM
OSUx will never be welcomed in this state.

badger
1/1/2009, 02:39 PM
Are we ready for an update?

Big 12: 2-1
Wins: Mizzou (over N'western), Kansas (over Minnesota)
Losses: Poke State (to Oregon)*
* The most pathetic showing ever.

SEC: 2-1
Wins: Vandy (over Boston College), LSU (over Georgia Tech)
Losses: South Carolina (to Iowa)

ACC: 3-4
Wins: Wake Forest (over Navy), Florida St (over Wisconsin), Maryland (over Nevada)
Losses: North Carolina (to West Virginia), Miami (to Cal), NC State (to Rutgers), Georgia Tech (to LSU)

Big East: 3-1
Losses: Pitt (to Oregon State)

Pac-10: 4-0
Wins: Arizona (over BYU), Cal (over Miami), Oregon (over Poke State), Oregon State (over Pitt)

Big 10: 1-2
Wins: Iowa (over South Carolina)

MWC: 2-2
Losses: BYU (to Az), Air Force (to Houston)

Losses: Fresno State (to Colo St.), Boise (to TCU), Hawaii (to Notre Dame), Nevada (to Maryland)

C-USA: 3-1
Wins: Southern Miss (over Troy), Rice (over Western Michigan), Houston (over Air Force)

MAC: 0-3
Losses: Central Michigan (to FAU), Northern Illinois (to La Tech), Western Michigan (to Rice)

Thoughts: Will someone PLEASE beat the Pac 10? This does NOT bode well for our "weakest conference ever!" talk! Unfortunately, there is only one chance left and it is today with Penn State. Otherwise, the Pac 10 goes COMPLETELY undefeated in bowl season.

Embarrassing loss by Poke State (who will never be referred to with the name "Oklahoma" again until they restore some state pride) aside, the Big 12 has looked good so far. Hope Nebraska can step it up a little against Clemson, which is on now.

badger
1/1/2009, 06:54 PM
:( percentage winning?! Is THAT what the bowl season competition is?! It isn't determined on most wins on the conference vs. conference battle?!

Well then, let's just go to one mediocre bowl, win it and claim a championship :mad:

In case you're just tuning in, that's what what's-his-face said on the Rose Bowl commentary, with a win by USC, Pac 10 has 100 percent winning at 5-0 and takes the bowl cup, or whatever the hell they call it. It's B.S. We have more bowls to compete in and more top tier bowls to compete in and they can get away with winning five mediocre bowls with mediocre opponents!

soonervegas
1/1/2009, 07:00 PM
They should assign point values to each bowl....

Overtime
1/1/2009, 07:16 PM
Or how about just "wins minus losses", or two points for a win minus one point for a loss? But that would make too much sense.

Or, add total bowl wins, don't count losses at all, but then subtract one for each sorry team in your conference that *didn't* make a bowl =) Yeah! Let's see who would win that way... sad thing is it might still be the Pac 10, because of the way their bowls are arranged.

badger
1/4/2009, 02:31 PM
Ok, time for another update as we watch Sooner alums in the NFL this glorious Sunday afternoon. A new feature: Conferences that have no games left are now in gray, as in, the results won't change no matter how much we wish the NCAA would drop the ban hammer on USC. Also, as mentioned in another thread, these bowl results do not dictate how the remaining bowls will turn out, but it is still fun to track (unless you are in the Big 12 South... aw, crap).

Big 12: 3-2
Wins: Mizzou (over N'western), Kansas (over Minnesota), Nebraska (over Clemson)
Losses: Poke State (to Oregon)*, Texas Tech (to Ole Miss)
Games remaining: OU (vs. Florida in BCS Championship), Texas (vs. Ohio State in Fiesta)
* In accordance with the "remove 'Oklahoma' from their name until they deserve it" clause.

SEC: 5-2
Wins: Vandy (over Boston College), LSU (over Georgia Tech), Georgia (over Mich St), Ole Miss (over Tex Tech), Kentucky (over E. Carolina)
Losses: South Carolina (to Iowa), Alabama (to Utah)
Game remaining: Florida (vs. OU in BCS Championship)

ACC: 4-5
Wins: Wake Forest (over Navy), Florida St (over Wisconsin), Maryland (over Nevada), Va Tech (over Cincy)
Losses: North Carolina (to West Virginia), Miami (to Cal), NC State (to Rutgers), Georgia Tech (to LSU), Clemson (to Nebraska)

Big East: 4-2
Wins: South Florida (over Memphis), West Virginia (over UNC), Rutgers (over NC State), UConn (over Buffalo)
Losses: Pitt (to Oregon State), Cincy (to Va Tech)

Pac-10: 5-0
Wins: Arizona (over BYU), Cal (over Miami), Oregon (over Poke State), Oregon State (over Pitt), USC (over Penn State)

Big 10: 1-4
Wins: Iowa (over South Carolina)
Losses: Wisconsin (to FSU), Northwestern (to Mizzou), Michigan State (to Georgia), Penn State (to USC)
Game remaining: Ohio State (vs. Texas in Fiesta)

MWC: 3-2
Wins: Colorado State (over Fresno State), TCU (over Boise State), Utah (over Bama)
Losses: BYU (to Az), Air Force (to Houston)

C-USA: 3-2
Wins: Southern Miss (over Troy), Rice (over Western Michigan), Houston (over Air Force)
Losses: Memphis (to So Flor), East Carolina (to Kentucky)
Game remaining: Tulsa (vs. Ball State in GMAC)

MAC: 0-4
Losses: Central Michigan (to FAU), Northern Illinois (to La Tech), Western Michigan (to Rice), Buffalo (to UConn)
Game remaining: Ball State (vs. Tulsa in GMAC)

Thoughts: Ball State is the last hope of the MAC or they will end their season like the Detriot Lions. Yes, the Big 12 really only did have seven bowl-eligible teams this year, but it could be worse *cough Pac 10! cough* If you are caught up in the Big 12 vs. SEC hype, or even the Big 12 vs. everyone fever, we need to win out to match the other top performing conferences. Yes, that means cheering for Texas. If it makes you feel better, just remember that there are two other AP Title teams vying to divide the writer's votes, so no worries on that front.