PDA

View Full Version : 2009 OU Football Regular Season Cancelled

Pieces Hit
12/30/2008, 09:33 AM
This just in:

Detroit Lions Owner and Chairman William Clay Ford announced the firing of the entire Lions organization yesterday.

The replacement team will be the daunting Oklahoma Sooners and their stellar coaching staff.

When asked whether he believed the new squad would help Detroit win Ford replied, "Heck no, but the Sooner Nation travels well and look at all the money I'm making on merchandising and saving on salaries."

In lieu of the regular season, OU will automatically be awarded the Big XII title at the beginning of the regular season and then play for the National Championship at season's end.

Lions Head Coach Bob Stoops said, "I think these NFL games will probably kill most of our guys but the ones who survive will be a lot better players and that oughta get us ready for the big game next January."

The infamous Horse Pig was not invited.

An outraged Mack Brown was heard screaming, "It shoulda been us!"

:)

cheezyq
12/30/2008, 09:52 AM
As much as I would hate to see Sam play in Detroit, I sure as heck would like to see him throwing to Calvin Johnson.

SPuL
12/30/2008, 09:55 AM
give him an OL and I'm sure he'd dominate in Detroit :cool:

badger
12/30/2008, 10:14 AM
Yeah, that's work "Listen, guys... I know you like Oklahoma weather in December - yes, the 70s and 80s are quite warm for this time of year - but pack your bags and be sure to bring something warm. We're all moving to Detroit... right now."

There's a reason everyone's moving away from Michigan.

BigHouseDon
12/30/2008, 01:46 PM
give him an OL and I'm sure he'd dominate in Detroit :cool:

Sorry to rain on your parade. I just turned 49 and the Lions have sucked my entire life. I can't remember them ever being good. The one year they had a decent team, the D was bad and always wore out by the end of the game. They decided they best way to handle an O that scored too quick was to change the O!!! No duma$$!! Get better D!!
If the Lions had a clue about what the words offensive line meant they wouldn't suck so bad. If the Lions had spent the last 6 first round picks on offensive linemen they would be AWESOME today. Unfortunately, Lions fans keep buying tickets and merchandise and the Fords make money on an inferior product. Its a business plan that's worked for years. I feel the same way about the Ford's other product, for the same reasons.:(

BHD

badger
12/30/2008, 01:57 PM
Sorry to rain on your parade. I just turned 49 and the Lions have sucked my entire life. I can't remember them ever being good. The one year they had a decent team, the D was bad and always wore out by the end of the game. They decided they best way to handle an O that scored too quick was to change the O!!! No duma$$!! Get better D!!
If the Lions had a clue about what the words offensive line meant they wouldn't suck so bad. If the Lions had spent the last 6 first round picks on offensive linemen they would be AWESOME today. Unfortunately, Lions fans keep buying tickets and merchandise and the Fords make money on an inferior product. Its a business plan that's worked for years. I feel the same way about the Ford's other product, for the same reasons.:(

BHD
Hi, Big House. I've been a Packer fan for 25 years, and while I also remember the Lions always sucking, I also remember the one game that we held Barry Sanders to -1 yards rushing because it was absolutely unheard of. That was one for the highlight reels in the Packer Hall of Fame in Green Bay.

So anyways, I know you've all had a rough year up there in Detroit, in the Big House and in all of Michigan, but you have had good times that have frustrated other teams. Sanders rushing all over the GB defense is definitely a point of constant frustration in the 90s... that and passing him on the draft for a no-name do-nothing :(

Pieces Hit
12/30/2008, 02:06 PM
This just in:

Adrian Peterson coming back to OU for another semester; eligible for next week's game.

You kids hush and let an old man dream.

Hot Rod
12/30/2008, 02:15 PM
This just in:

Adrian Peterson coming back to OU for another semester; eligible for next week's game.

You kids hush and let an old man dream.

I love it!

BigHouseDon
12/30/2008, 02:27 PM
Hi, Big House. I've been a Packer fan for 25 years, and while I also remember the Lions always sucking, I also remember the one game that we held Barry Sanders to -1 yards rushing because it was absolutely unheard of. That was one for the highlight reels in the Packer Hall of Fame in Green Bay.

So anyways, I know you've all had a rough year up there in Detroit, in the Big House and in all of Michigan, but you have had good times that have frustrated other teams. Sanders rushing all over the GB defense is definitely a point of constant frustration in the 90s... that and passing him on the draft for a no-name do-nothing :(

We have had some good times not related to the Lions. No doubt about that. The Wings and Pistons have been pretty good the last few yrs. Even the Tigers have shown some life. I have no idea what happened to them this yr. And Barry Sanders is w/o doubt the best draft pick of the last 25 yrs. I don't want to sound like I'm hating on Sam Bradford, the kid can play. I would just like to see him play elsewhere and not waste/ruin his career like so many before him.

BHD

Paperclip
12/30/2008, 02:42 PM
As soonerfans.com resident Tigers fan I also have no idea what happened to the Tigers this year. Hopefully Bonderman comes back strong and Verlander puts his sophomore slump behind him.