PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa Oilers vs. OKC Blazers - 1/23...

bri
12/30/2008, 12:00 AM
...is gonna be Dougie motherf*ckin' Lawrence Night. Oh hells yes.

I don't even care that OKC is gonna win, like, 8-0. I'm just gonna go drink some giant beers and get my Dougie Lawrence bobblehead and be happy. :D

tulsaoilerfan
12/30/2008, 12:07 AM
Believe it or not we own the Blazers; 3 in a row, but we can't beat freakin' Wichita:mad:

BTW, Hodge was fired today as head coach, but too bad we can't fire the owner

Williesan
12/30/2008, 12:08 AM
"Oh hells yes." indeed.

I may even have to bust out the inaugural season #9 road jersey for that one. That jersey made many an Oiler/Blazer game at the Myriad interesting!

Williesan

JohnnyMack
12/30/2008, 12:29 AM
"Oh hells yes." indeed.

I may even have to bust out the inaugural season #9 road jersey for that one. That jersey made many an Oiler/Blazer game at the Myriad interesting!

Williesan

Did you go with us the night Lackovic was suspended and sitting in the stands with us at the Myriad? That d00d was/is ****ing nuts.

GrapevineSooner
12/30/2008, 02:52 PM
I still have my inaugural season Blazers jersey collecting dust somewheres in my closet.

tulsaoilerfan
1/2/2009, 11:17 PM
I still have my inaugural season Blazers jersey collecting dust somewheres in my closet.

Is it game worn or just an authentic/replica? I sure would love to have a first year Blazers game worn for my collection. :)

mfosterftw
1/3/2009, 09:47 AM
I have a replica first season road (black) jersey as well, with that cheap crest because the league didn't get reverse crests for road jerseys that first year. The easiest way to tell that an OKC jersey is a 1992-93 is that the stripes are yellow and orange, not yellow and red.

I still have my 1995-96 Carl Boudreau game worn home, but I sold all my Blazers holiday jerseys when I moved to Fort Worth. I wasn't wearing them anyway.

I never got an Oklahoma Coyotes jersey. They never made any replicas to sell to fans, so if you got one they were a game worn. I'm pretty sure they recycled the jerseys for the second season. Those jerseys were sold in a silent auction during the last game of the season, but since they scheduled that game in Tulsa, the crowd was low and the prices were next to nothing (they didn't announce it, either). I probably would have gotten one had I known 1) they were doing it and 2) the prices were so low. I think Burton's jersey went for $100.

I also have a Fort Worth Fire road jersey from 1993-94 (with a normal reverse crest), I want a home sweater from that era (Chicago base jersey) BAD.

After they folded I bought a matching home/road pair of Dallas Freeze jerseys for like $15-$20 each. I later sold them for $50 each.

I still have my San Antonio Iguanas jerseys.

I hardly ever wear any of these anymore, and probably 2/3rd of my collection (around 45 sweaters) are in rubbermaid boxes. I'm thinking of thinning my collection, getting rid of the replicas - most of which are fairly common teams/styles.

Williesan
1/3/2009, 10:56 AM
Did you go with us the night Lackovic was suspended and sitting in the stands with us at the Myriad? That d00d was/is ****ing nuts.

I think I missed that one. Sasha was a true nutcase... see the "Harvey the Hound" incident in Calgary for reference.

I sat behind the visitor's penalty box one night and nearly had a Fort Worth goon climb the glass and go after the schmuck sitting behind me.

You gonna go to that one on 1/23 JM?

Williesan

Mixer!
1/3/2009, 01:18 PM
Things just got a whole lot more interesting. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?subjectid=29&articleid=20090103_29_B1_Former794968)

:pop:

Getem
1/3/2009, 02:08 PM
Things just got a whole lot more interesting. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?subjectid=29&articleid=20090103_29_B1_Former794968)

:pop:

Wow that name brings back memories... Martino, Lawrence, Beausoliel, Craig Coxe (the Enforcer, nobody in the league would fight him)... those were the days

GrapevineSooner
1/3/2009, 02:09 PM
Is it game worn or just an authentic/replica? I sure would love to have a first year Blazers game worn for my collection. :)

Sadly no. :D

I got it at an Academy Sports right by Crossroads Mall.

bri
1/3/2009, 02:30 PM
"Oh hells yes." indeed.

Williesan

I had an Oilers CHL champs cap back when I was going to OU. I was wearing it in Intro to Mass Communications lab one day and some sorority chippie was all, "Your hat sucks!" Turns out she was dating a Blazer. I told her, "I'm so sorry for you." :D

mfosterftw
1/3/2009, 05:23 PM
Anyone remember the "Wanted" posters of Douggy Lawrence plastered all over the glass rows of the Myriad during the 1993 Finals? That was me...

The best part was I was making the copies in-game by running to the press room once the period started. :D

bri
1/3/2009, 05:41 PM
I always wanted to get a Oilers jersey with the name of the TPD officer that choked out that one goon in the '94 playoff series. :D

Williesan
1/3/2009, 06:35 PM
I always wanted to get a Oilers jersey with the name of the TPD officer that choked out that one goon in the '94 playoff series. :D

I remember the name well: Bruce Shoebottom.

My mom came down to Norman from Tulsa that day for a visit and we were listening to the game on the radio. Went in for dinner, everything seemed normal. Came out... holy carp! I have never heard John Brooks that livid. Ever. Not even since then.

I remember because of the goofball CHL playoff scheduling, the next three games were in OKC. by the end of game 4, we were down 3-1 and it was looking bleak. Then there was the comeback capped by the Game 7 at the TCC where the players came out of the locker room to see what the commotion was before the game. Good times!

Too bad we've not been worth much since then. :mad:

Williesan

bri
1/3/2009, 07:48 PM
Yeah, and Brooks NEVER calmed down about that. The rest of the series, every time someone was in the box and a scuffle broke out, he made sure to point out that the "thuggish brutality shown in Tulsa" wasn't duplicated. Something tells me he shouldn't ever speed in Tulsa. ;)

Game 5 of that series was the most insane atmosphere I've ever experienced at a sporting event. The fact that it went to sudden death with the season on the line probably didn't hurt.

tulsaoilerfan
1/3/2009, 08:26 PM

If u do a youtube search for Bruce Shoebottom they have an ESPN story on there about this very incident; unfortunately, there is no footage of the actual encounter. :)

tulsaoilerfan
1/3/2009, 08:27 PM
I have a replica first season road (black) jersey as well, with that cheap crest because the league didn't get reverse crests for road jerseys that first year. The easiest way to tell that an OKC jersey is a 1992-93 is that the stripes are yellow and orange, not yellow and red.

I still have my 1995-96 Carl Boudreau game worn home, but I sold all my Blazers holiday jerseys when I moved to Fort Worth. I wasn't wearing them anyway.

I never got an Oklahoma Coyotes jersey. They never made any replicas to sell to fans, so if you got one they were a game worn. I'm pretty sure they recycled the jerseys for the second season. Those jerseys were sold in a silent auction during the last game of the season, but since they scheduled that game in Tulsa, the crowd was low and the prices were next to nothing (they didn't announce it, either). I probably would have gotten one had I known 1) they were doing it and 2) the prices were so low. I think Burton's jersey went for $100.

I also have a Fort Worth Fire road jersey from 1993-94 (with a normal reverse crest), I want a home sweater from that era (Chicago base jersey) BAD.

After they folded I bought a matching home/road pair of Dallas Freeze jerseys for like $15-$20 each. I later sold them for $50 each.

I still have my San Antonio Iguanas jerseys.

I hardly ever wear any of these anymore, and probably 2/3rd of my collection (around 45 sweaters) are in rubbermaid boxes. I'm thinking of thinning my collection, getting rid of the replicas - most of which are fairly common teams/styles.

PM me if you have any gameworns you are thinking about selling; thanks.

John

bri
1/3/2009, 08:36 PM
If u do a youtube search for Bruce Shoebottom they have an ESPN story on there about this very incident; unfortunately, there is no footage of the actual encounter. :)

Heh, I've got the local news footage of them strapping Shoebottom to the spinal board and passing him over the glass out of the box to get him out of the Maxwell House burned into my memory forever. :D

mfosterftw
1/3/2009, 09:54 PM
PM me if you have any gameworns you are thinking about selling; thanks.

John

I'll probably hang onto them. I have about a dozen, most of which are from junior hockey teams for whom I've worked or otherwise been associated, and as such there's a deeper sentimental value to them. Case in point, I have the Dan Dolan's Fort Worth Texans (WSHL) jersey. Yes, that Dolan (http://webpages.charter.net/mactartan/Marc/ftworthtexanscall.mp3), and yes, there's prima facie evidence on it... :D

tulsaoilerfan
1/4/2009, 12:29 PM
That's cool, doesn't hurt to ask; i mainly collect Central Hockey League shirts and am always looking for interesting items for my collection

mfosterftw
1/14/2009, 11:25 AM
Ryan and Brandon, check your PMs... I've got the biggest scoop since the leaked memo...

reevie
1/15/2009, 09:52 PM
That's cool, doesn't hurt to ask; i mainly collect Central Hockey League shirts and am always looking for interesting items for my collection

Did you get the "Top 10 Reason For Macon Whopee On Ice" shirt? That's got to be one of the classics for the league.

StoopTroup
1/18/2009, 10:19 PM
Dougie was definitely a fan favorite. I liked Martino too.

Go OIlers!

bri
1/18/2009, 10:31 PM
So, I'll see you there? ;)

StoopTroup
1/18/2009, 10:35 PM
You might. Especially if your buying big a$$ beers for me. :D

tulsaoilerfan
1/18/2009, 11:12 PM
Just wanted to tell those that are thinking aboug going that supposedly only 800 Bobble heads will be "randomly" given out; if you are a Season Ticket Holder, you can buy 2 of them for 9.99 each

bri
1/19/2009, 12:40 AM
Srsly?

F*ck that. Out. Sounds like some Joe Castiglione bullsh*t.

Boomer.....
1/19/2009, 09:00 AM
That's pretty weak.

tulsaoilerfan
1/19/2009, 08:24 PM
You might email the Oilers and ask because i can't find where i heard that only 800 would be given out at the game; i think it may have been in an email i got from the Oilers, but i deleted it already; sorry.