PDA

View Full Version : Thank God, the Big XII finally has it's first bowl game tonight

jwlynn64
12/29/2008, 02:24 PM
Don't get me wrong, it's been fun watching WAC vs. MAC and what not :rolleyes: but now we will finally get to see how the Big XII matches up with some other conferences.

JLEW1818
12/29/2008, 02:26 PM
I've watched every bowl game, but yah i'm ready to see some big 12 action. Anybody else like Mizzou -13 ????

soonerfan28
12/29/2008, 03:03 PM
Hope Mizzou smokes em and gets us off to a good start.

walkoffsooner
12/29/2008, 03:05 PM
I will feel a little dirty rooting for them.

BoulderSooner79
12/29/2008, 03:11 PM
I don't know why everyone hates Daniel so much. To me, he represents a 4-0 record for OU with at least 3 of those Ws against a ranked team. I especially enjoyed a couple of courtesy calls Mr. Lofton paid to Mr. Daniel last year - great entertainment. I wouldn't mind Chase going out with a big win this year.

SPuL
12/29/2008, 03:13 PM
Don't you mean "Thank Tim Tebow"? :rolleyes:

yermom
12/29/2008, 03:14 PM
i'm thinking that it may be a good game. i think NW might play a little more defense than Mizzou

Hot Rod
12/29/2008, 03:25 PM
Go Boogerman!

Curly Bill
12/29/2008, 03:27 PM
**** on conference loyalty, I hope Mizzu gets slapped!

...have I said before I don't get the conference loyalty thing? ;)

soonerfan28
12/29/2008, 03:31 PM
Go Big XII!

stoops the eternal pimp
12/29/2008, 03:36 PM
I hope they win...

jwlynn64
12/29/2008, 03:36 PM
My main interest in the Conference games this year is to see whether the Big XII D's perform better than expected. I personally subscribe to the great offenses theory and would like to see that validated through the cross conference games.

Go Big XII Ds!

HiFiGator
12/29/2008, 04:42 PM
At least one of you isn't a hypocrit. In the RRS vs. WLOCP thread, many of you pointed out why your rivalry is so much better. You pointed out the deep seated hatred for not just Texas but all of your opponents. Several emphasized an inability to pull for another foe. I countered that at times, there is a definite conference loyalty. It sounds like maybe there's a bit of conference loyalty on your end as well, after all.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/29/2008, 04:50 PM
Its one thing to pull for another team from the comfort of your own home. Its another thing to chant your conference name on television before, during, and after your team's game..

SoonerLB
12/29/2008, 04:58 PM
I'm pulling for Mizzou, but I hope it's the second string QB that guides them to the win. :)

HiFiGator
12/29/2008, 05:11 PM
Its one thing to pull for another team from the comfort of your own home. Its another thing to chant your conference name on television before, during, and after your team's game..

I can only presume that you are talking about chanting "S-E-C" as we are about to clinch or have just clinched the Conference Championship. If so, then we can agree to disagree on that one. I see nothing wrong in celebrating such a great achievement. We aren't ever cheering "S-E-C" at some random game and we certainly aren't ever cheering it at a game between two other teams. But maybe the key that you don't get is just how much of an accomplishment winning the SEC is, year in and year out.

CrimsonJim
12/29/2008, 05:15 PM
At least one of you isn't a hypocrit. In the RRS vs. WLOCP thread, many of you pointed out why your rivalry is so much better. You pointed out the deep seated hatred for not just Texas but all of your opponents. Several emphasized an inability to pull for another foe. I countered that at times, there is a definite conference loyalty. It sounds like maybe there's a bit of conference loyalty on your end as well, after all.

I may be wrong, but I think the majority here are conference fans during bowl season, except for when it comes to the whorns. Those biotches can choke on my root!

TexasLidig8r
12/29/2008, 05:19 PM

Don't expect consistency from the hillbillies Gator. :D

That's what makes them so much fun... well.. that and the fact they really are f'in' hillbillies. BUT.. remember, only WE are allowed to call them that and make fun of them.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/29/2008, 05:22 PM
I can only presume that you are talking about chanting "S-E-C" as we are about to clinch or have just clinched the Conference Championship. If so, then we can agree to disagree on that one. I see nothing wrong in celebrating such a great achievement. We aren't ever cheering "S-E-C" at some random game and we certainly aren't ever cheering it at a game between two other teams. But maybe the key that you don't get is just how much of an accomplishment winning the SEC is, year in and year out.

Its funny but I heard SEC chants from fans throughout the season during gameday's and different times....

and I don't think winning 2 conference championships in 8 years is winning year in and year out...thats just my opinion though

And I see nothing wrong with celebrating the achievement either btw because its a big deal to win a conference championship..OU has won a lot of them and I m proud every year that they did...I just chant my team's name when they do..

CrimsonJim
12/29/2008, 05:23 PM
But maybe the key that you don't get is just how much of an accomplishment winning the SEC is, year in and year out.

Yeah, we have an idea what it's like to win conference championships, year in and year out. :D While you're convinced the SEC is superior to the Big XII, we will again have to agree to disagree.

BoulderSooner79
12/29/2008, 05:24 PM
Lid, why are you posting here ? I thought to make a point, you had to drag a banner behind an airplane.:P

soonerfan28
12/29/2008, 05:25 PM
I'm just waiting for one of these gator fags to say they could win the Big 12 every year.

Knippz
Boooooooooger!!!!!

This is my last chance to watch the "legend of Chase Daniel" in a college game. Here's to the Canadian league.

cheezyq

Then why do you feel it necessary to piggyback your success on the strength of the conference rather than the merits of your own team? It seems to me that when you chant SEC, you're minimizing the accomplishments of your team, not pumping them up. You're attaching your identity to the conference and, more likely, the hype of the SEC, rather than your own actual accomplishments.

Sure it's a great accomplishment to win the SEC, but do you have to tie your WHOLE identity to the conference? It just smacks of desperation to constantly hype your conference instead of your team. It's like you're saying to the world, "the only reason we're great is because of the SEC". But hey, maybe that's the truth. Either way we find it ghey.

It would be absurd for OU, a team that has 7 national championships, one of the greatest winning traditions in the history of the sport to say, "We're great because the Big 12 is great". Sure the Big 12 is a top conference, but OU is OU because of OU. F the rest.

delhalew
12/29/2008, 05:33 PM

You can take that comment and shove it right up you @ss. Its amazing to me that your fans just cannot resist making statements that make you sound as if you just discovered college football.

SPuL
12/29/2008, 05:55 PM
LOL

the main reason I want the big 12 teams to win (besides Texas, f em), is because if they all do well and their offenses still produce as much or more than they did in big 12 play, and their defenses hold up more. Then that's a tribute to how good Oklahoma really is. Serve as a measuring stick so to speak. Not a good one, but it's something

delhalew
12/29/2008, 06:14 PM
LOL

the main reason I want the big 12 teams to win (besides Texas, f em), is because if they all do well and their offenses still produce as much or more than they did in big 12 play, and their defenses hold up more. Then that's a tribute to how good Oklahoma really is. Serve as a measuring stick so to speak. Not a good one, but it's something

Yeah, we all know we need the other teams to well. The point some of us are making is that we do not need to "hitch our wagon" to the conference. When talking to another elite conference we don't see the need to insult them by saying things like " you must not understand what its like dominate a conference as powerful and almighty as ours".

SPuL
12/29/2008, 06:21 PM
^yea, I understood that. It's crazy tho I've seen a ton of bama fans all rooting for Florida.

heck, if any team ever ended OU's undefeated season in the conference championship and went on to play for the title. I'd rather chop off my testicles then root for them to win.

delhalew
12/29/2008, 06:27 PM
I hear ya'. I won't ever understand it. Honestly the Bama fans I've talked to seem to have more sense than that, but it takes all kinds. In the end they are SEC. Translated to: they are buying they're own hype.

Curly Bill
12/29/2008, 06:30 PM
In the end they are SEC. Translated to: they are buying they're own hype.

Well there's that, and there's the fact that they're all inbred. ;)

Mark_in_Tulsa
12/29/2008, 06:32 PM
I remember back in the day at Dallas Cowboys game, where the whole stadium would chant NFC East.

JLEW1818
12/29/2008, 06:58 PM
45-21 mizzou

soonermeteor
12/29/2008, 07:04 PM
I normally root for all big 12 teams in the bowls so the conference looks good in case there is some sort of tie next season, ala Oklahoma/USC/Auburn. However, I hope Texas goes down in a ball of flames. :pop:

SteelCitySooner
12/29/2008, 08:09 PM
I root for big 12, 'cept for whorns....they can suck it. But a strong Big 12 showing in bowls only helps OU, especially after a season like we've had this year.

SteelCitySooner
12/29/2008, 08:16 PM
TD N'Western

MamaMia
12/29/2008, 08:17 PM
I'm rooting for Big XII teams this year, excluding the horns. Screw 'em.

Crucifax Autumn
12/30/2008, 02:49 AM
This year is one of those where I don't mind the conference doing very well in the bowls. This dumbazz SEC is the greatest conference crap has me insane. So I hope all the Big 12 teams win.

Except for Texas...they can cry again.

1890MilesToNorman
12/30/2008, 08:28 AM
Another amazing performance by Chase at the Alamo, he got the Big XII of to a royally mediocre start.

The strength of the Big XII is in the south, I'm looking forward to all of the south's bowl games. I want Nebraska to play well too, they still have my respect from the Big 8 days.

IronHorseSooner
12/30/2008, 08:40 AM
Another amazing performance by Chase at the Alamo, he got the Big XII of to a royally mediocre start.

The strength of the Big XII is in the south, I'm looking forward to all of the south's bowl games. I want Nebraska to play well too, they still have my respect from the Big 8 days.

And KU...My hope is for the conference to go 6-1 in bowl play with the only loss being the Pilots, er, I mean :mack:

SoonerWally
12/30/2008, 08:48 AM
Not sure if my TV was working correctly, but I could have sworn that they were booing Booger Daniel. That's pretty low, even for Misery fans. Way to send off your seniors.

1890MilesToNorman
12/30/2008, 09:21 AM
And KU...My hope is for the conference to go 6-1 in bowl play with the only loss being the Pilots, er, I mean :mack:

Yep, I forgot the Fighting Maginos! Go Jay Hawkies.