PDA

View Full Version : "Sam Bradford is Tim Couch..He's a system quarterback"

The_Red_Patriot
12/29/2008, 02:21 PM
Kevin Whitlock is a hater

"we have all seen this before...how bout that Oklahoma team that got their butts handed to them by Kansas State in 2003...which was talked about being the greatest team ever"

"Oklahoma is great at producing system quarterbacks"

"Sam Bradford will get a taste of the NFL against a Florida defense"

God I hope someone in Norman heard that on Rome today.

JLEW1818
12/29/2008, 02:24 PM
OU SUCKS!!!! BRADFORD SUCKS!!!!

oumartin
12/29/2008, 02:26 PM
just keep talkin' this way. I love it.

the more people that give OU no shot the better the chances IMO

jwlynn64
12/29/2008, 02:27 PM
link to article maybe....

JLEW1818
12/29/2008, 02:27 PM
just keep talkin' this way. I love it.

the more people that give OU no shot the better the chances IMO

yep

catsigater
12/29/2008, 02:29 PM
My response to those kinds of comments is, "you can't know until he gets to the NFL." He'll get his shot, and sometime in the next 1-3 years we'll know.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/29/2008, 02:35 PM
We'll find out how much "system" he is when he does decide to leave and he works out..

Plus anybody who watched Couch play realizes he should have stayed for his senior year despite the changes that were gonna be made...he wasn't ready much like most quarterbacks who leave early and are immediately thrust into the starting lineup(I believe he was starter by the 2nd game)...It just wasn't a good situation for him..No telling how things might have worked out had he went to an organization that had a clue..

Plus Tim Couch is married to a playboy playmate, so being Tim Couch isn't necessarily a bad thing

Dan Thompson
12/29/2008, 02:38 PM
Gawd, we're doomed. Again.

OUDoc
12/29/2008, 02:39 PM
It's 2003? Crap! My calenders are all screwed up.

soonerfan28
12/29/2008, 02:40 PM
Rex Grossman, Ingle Martin, Danny Waffle = System QB's

soonerfan28
12/29/2008, 02:43 PM
Jason White would have been a good QB in the pro's had he had the opportunity to develop with two good ACL's. Heupel was never heavily recruited and was a great fit for our system so I'll go with that, but I'm glad we got him.

OUDoc
Then as long as we use the same "system" in the BCS championship game, I'm good.

stoops the eternal pimp
You know I don't get the title "system quarterback" because every quarterback who is successful is a system quarterback...

OUDoc
12/29/2008, 02:44 PM
Apparently there are some guys who can QB all by themselves.
Those are the only "true" QB's. :rolleyes:

OUinFLA
12/29/2008, 02:45 PM
my system has been a bit upset today.
Im thinkin some Pepto Bismol might help

The_Red_Patriot
12/29/2008, 02:46 PM
link to article maybe....

He said it on the Jim Rome show today

stoops the eternal pimp
12/29/2008, 02:46 PM
I know practice would have to be difficult for them

stoops the eternal pimp
12/29/2008, 02:50 PM
all I know is Tim Couch bankrolled 25 mil and has a playmate of the year wife...that is definitely a good system

BoulderSooner79
12/29/2008, 02:59 PM
Sam Bradford is Sam Bradford and Tim Couch is Tim Couch. Sorry for any confusion.

swardboy
12/29/2008, 03:00 PM
You know I don't get the title "system quarterback" because every quarterback who is successful is a system quarterback...

Absolutely.....dropback, read "mike", go to ws or strong c depending on Mike's move...yadayadayada....do it all and get the ball off in 2.1 seconds or so...

What would a "non-system" qb be? "Drop back and find an open guy" ??

They're called "reads" and every system has them. Anytime I hear someone say "system qb" I know I'm dealing with an idiot.

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/29/2008, 03:05 PM
Whereas Tebow is the next Ray Lewis!

soonerfan28
12/29/2008, 03:12 PM
I would definitely like to see Sam fall and go to a team like Minnesota who is probably just a QB a way of being a very good team. So if he goes this year and the experts think he's not ready then I pray he falls. I would hate to se him go to KC or Detroit and get the crap kicked out of him for the next 3 or 4 years.

Soonermagik
12/29/2008, 03:34 PM
AD= system back.

adoniijahsooner
12/29/2008, 03:36 PM
Here is thread I started about Whitlock where he said the same thing. Article attached.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/columnists/jason_whitlock/story/925950.html

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126453

delhalew
12/29/2008, 03:54 PM
"System QB" is the most rediculous term I have ever heard. I have never referred to someone as a "system back", nor will I ever.

Dio
12/29/2008, 11:07 PM
Whitlock's still pissed that we hurt Booger's feelings 4 times in the last 3 years

Crucifax Autumn
12/29/2008, 11:11 PM
system is a stupid description. All teams run and pass and all defenses have to cover both.

L-Boy
12/29/2008, 11:40 PM
Discussions of whether a QB will be good in the NFL are nteresting, but they really don't have anything to do with whether a QB is a good college QB or whether a college team is good. We used to hear system QB all the time at UF - but obviously it worked. Now the fact that none of these guys never tore it up in the NFL is not particularly relevant.

I think it is true that certain QB's can operate well in certain systems, and perhaps make them look better than they really are, but as long as that brings them success in college, again, its irrelevant.

From what I have seen of Bradford, he is the real deal. Some other OK QB's I might characterize as "system QBs". When I see a guy throw nothing but short passes then I question how good he is, but Bradford can throw all distances, evidence his healthy yds per attempt.

RADsooner
12/29/2008, 11:46 PM
all I know is Tim Couch bankrolled 25 mil and has a playmate of the year wife...that is definitely a good system

whats not to like about rolling around nekkid in your millions wit your payboy bunny wife........ :eek:

Readyfor8
12/30/2008, 12:10 AM
Here is the difference between Sam Bradford and the other Quarterbacks we have had under Stoops. I love Jason White, but Jason White when he left Oklahoma wasn't a "great athlete." Sam Bradford is a great athlete still and he will do great things on the next level.

With that said I think if he truly is a system quarterback, he should stay in the system for as long as he can then in two years, he can get a big check from the NFL Draft, play a couple years then join the PGA and marry a supermodel.

Great things happen to great people, and Sam is the definition of a great guy.

Mark_in_Tulsa
12/30/2008, 12:59 AM
I agree that Sam is a system QB. He is in a system that requires him to use his arm and wits and make the right reads and throw the ball down field to open receivers.

Now I think there is a pretty good chance some team in the NFL, will want a guy who can throw the ball with his arm, make the correct reads and get the ball in his receivers hands. I think there is a trend changing in the NFL where they will start using the forward pass more often.

Crucifax Autumn
12/30/2008, 01:02 AM
I agree that Sam is a system QB. He is in a system that requires him to use his arm and wits and make the right reads and throw the ball down field to open receivers.

Now I think there is a pretty good chance some team in the NFL, will want a guy who can throw the ball with his arm, make the correct reads and get the ball in his receivers hands. I think there is a trend changing in the NFL where they will start using the forward pass more often.

This is a message board, why are you talking common sense? lmao

IronHorseSooner
12/30/2008, 08:33 AM
System QB is a term that needs to be eliminated from football lexicon. It's called strategy. Everybody runs a system, unless your talking about 2005 texa$$ where VY just ran around with his pants on fire.

Joe Montana had the West Coast Offense. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have the No-Huddle Spread (much like us). Most other offenses are versions of the Pro-Set. All are "systems."

What will be funny as heck is if Sam does go #3 to the Chiefs and Fat Arse Whitlock has to report on him there in KC.

badger
12/30/2008, 10:19 AM
You know what "system" Tim Couch was in? That's right, Mikey's... as in, Mike Leach, back when he was in Kentucky before moving to Oklahoma with Stoops.

There is no weirder system than Mikey's and that's PROBABLY a reason why Couch didn't make a very solid transition to a normal system in Cleveland... that and a lack of talent to surround him and guard the line for him.

Sam Bradford is in a normal system... with your finger on the "fast forward" button. If you make him slow down, imagine how much more precise and efficient he'll be when he isn't running straight to the line of scrimmage and snapping the ball when you least expect it.

bluedogok
12/30/2008, 09:31 PM
"System QB" is the most rediculous term I have ever heard. I have never referred to someone as a "system back", nor will I ever.
Joe Montana was a "system" QB.......as was Steve Young....they were in the West Coast Offense "system" and a bunch of other teams have run that same "system" over the years.

Whitlock is still pissed that his boy Nate Davis didn't win the Heisman AND laid a big Whitlock on Ford Field against Buffalo in the MAC Championship Game.

okiewaker
12/30/2008, 09:41 PM
They atleast need to label him correctly, he is a "KW system QB", with a Heisman trophy.

goingoneight
12/31/2008, 12:29 AM
Funny how the "system" we ran in 2003 is not the same "system," nor the same communication we ran in 2008. Just thought I'd point that out.

Now if you were to tell me Sam is a product of a great OL, and the best set of skill positions talent to toss the rock to, I'd follow you.

WA. Sooner
12/31/2008, 01:52 AM
As Leach once said " if it is the system, then I could get the guy behind the counter at 7-11 to play quarterback "

Collier11
12/22/2010, 12:03 AM
Epic Fail Author

sooner59
12/22/2010, 12:09 AM
Yup.