PDA

View Full Version : Did Everyone suddenly forget???

ADs_Agent
12/29/2008, 11:51 AM
We're Oklahoma. We are the precedent of college football. We have 5 Heisman winners, 7 national titles, a million conference titles and all-americans. We fear no one. Our players don't play to compete, we play to win national titles. Enough of this crap about the other team. There is no other team, there is only the Sooners, and whoever else was fortunate enough to share a field with us. So all you Florida fans be ready, we're coming. There's Only 1 Oklahoma.

IB4OU2
12/29/2008, 11:57 AM
Correction- 7 national titles...

OklahomaTuba
12/29/2008, 11:59 AM
Maybe he is counting 1953???

ADs_Agent
12/29/2008, 12:01 PM
my bad, I was counting this years game in my original post

Crucifax Autumn
12/29/2008, 12:01 PM
he's counting this new shiny one!

yermom
12/29/2008, 12:42 PM
if we win, we'll tie ND for the most in the modern era

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_I-A_national_football_championship

BillyBall
12/29/2008, 12:44 PM
if we win, we'll tie ND for the most in the modern era

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_I-A_national_football_championship

We will still be trailing Alabama by 43 though...

walkoffsooner
12/29/2008, 12:53 PM
No I have not forgotten. But I don't know if the players remember. Or if that does them any good. But I do think Sam is good enough to lead us to another one this year just on talent not memories.

SPuL
12/29/2008, 01:29 PM
Checked that site, noticed the SEC's 4-0 record in BCS title games compared to the big 12's 2-3.

let's make that 4-1! :cool:

MamaMia
12/29/2008, 01:44 PM
If we have a "million" conference titles, then we are Alabama. ;)

Dan Thompson
12/29/2008, 04:02 PM
I can't remember what I forgot!

SouthFortySooner
12/29/2008, 04:06 PM
Are you saying it is time for the board collective to begin to concentrate? You know what happens when we do. Ask Texas Tech. wooh hoo

fossil
12/29/2008, 04:15 PM
Correction- 7 national titles...

:confused: IB4OU, he said seven national titles.........you seeing something I missed in the original post?

IB4OU2
12/29/2008, 04:19 PM
:confused: IB4OU, he said seven national titles.........you seeing something I missed in the original post?

Yes, he knows how to use the edit function.

Soonermagik
12/29/2008, 04:23 PM
Wow, this Oklahoma team you speak of sounds kinda scary. :)

G8trGr8t
12/29/2008, 05:05 PM
Yet only one of thsoe have been in the last 20 years while UF has 2 in that time period.

The "modern era" really should start in 1991 when the 85 scholarship rule went into effect that helped to balance out the playing field for all schools.

Up till 72, there were no limits on scholarships so the number of teams that could actually compete were limited to the biggest schools that could carry the most players on their rosters.

From 73 - 77, 105

78 - 90, 95

91 - present, 85

Alabama used to have 150 + players on scholarship with Bryant knowing that half of them wouldn't ever play but they damn sure weren't going to play for anybody else either. With all those extra bodies, injuries or players that did not pan out did not hurt as much as it did to the smaller schools that could not afford to carry that many players.

It was kind of like a high school 6A team playing a bunch of 2A teams and then boasting about their record. At least now, the number of players is equal and limited to help spread the talent around and give a lot more teams a chance to be succesful

ADs_Agent
12/29/2008, 05:17 PM
Oklahoma has a title in 1985, 2000, an appearance in 2003 and 2004, and we'll add #8 on Jan 8, it's destiny, it can't be stopped.

JBIILonghorns
12/29/2008, 07:15 PM
OU could win the *championship this year. Too bad the 2008 Championship doesn't mean anything. It's hollow.

Oklahoma didn't earn the opportunity to play for a chance to win it, it was given to you. That alone, diminishes the value of the *championship. Do you as a fan really want a championship like that?

Also, when OU won it all in 2000, at least every sensible person had to respect it. Even Texas fans had to respect the achievement.

Oklahoma could very well win the *championship in 2008, but it will be just as fake as Texas' championship in 1970.

It's not a real championship game when, after the game has been decided, debate is still there about who the champion should actually be.

MarylandGator
12/29/2008, 07:27 PM
don't forget tradition.

SouthFortySooner
12/29/2008, 07:38 PM
OU could win the *championship this year. Too bad the 2008 Championship doesn't mean anything. It's hollow.

Oklahoma didn't earn the opportunity to play for a chance to win it, it was given to you. That alone, diminishes the value of the *championship. Do you as a fan really want a championship like that?

Also, when OU won it all in 2000, at least every sensible person had to respect it. Even Texas fans had to respect the achievement.

Oklahoma could very well win the *championship in 2008, but it will be just as fake as Texas' championship in 1970.

It's not a real championship game when, after the game has been decided, debate is still there about who the champion should actually be.

I'll take Texas Tech for $20 Alex.

TUSooner
12/29/2008, 07:48 PM

Even though you are obviously a dip-**** troll, I hope you get what you suggest: a debate over whether OU's 2008-09 BCS championship is "real". ;)

IronSoonerMan
12/29/2008, 07:57 PM

Wow! You are right! We are only playing for the "BCS" championship... The same one Everybody else is playing for during the entire season. The only thing I see that You are right abOUt is "when OU won it all in 2000, at least every sensible person had to respect it. Even Texas fans had to respect the achievement." So even the non sensible Texas fan had to respect Us! We earned it by winning the Big XII. Keep whining it is slowly starting to work on Us.:rolleyes:

MamaMia
12/29/2008, 08:23 PM
You gotta love the fact that The University of Oklahoma Sooners have so many titles and trophy's that some Sooners folks just lose track. :D

Crucifax Autumn
12/29/2008, 08:42 PM
You really have to love how the texas fans STILL don't know the rules, STILL think they beat TT, and STILL cry like little babies without ever seeing the irony of how unlike us proving it on the field in a full body of work, they have a coach and fanbase that whined their way into one BCS championship and are now feeling they got screwed because people and computers didn't buy it again.

Please whine your way to a rule change so we can use it as a way in again next year.

oubose
12/29/2008, 09:12 PM
There is only 1 Oklahoma and we are it!!!! Down with there Gay-tors!

A Sooner in Texas
12/29/2008, 09:54 PM

But that crystal ball won't be fake.

Apparently the BCS computers thought we earned the chance to win it. I don't think they are capable of figuring human emotion, such as the massive whining coming from poor lil' Texas.

Must be boring in whorn land right now to come here and beat the dead horse again.

Crucifax Autumn
12/29/2008, 10:04 PM
In their defense it probably is more fun beating dead horses than humping a neutered bull.

MamaMia
12/30/2008, 04:29 AM

Oklahoma didn't earn the opportunity to play for a chance to win it, it was given to you. That alone, diminishes the value of the *championship. Do you as a fan really want a championship like that?...

blah...blah...blah...blah...blah...blah...blah...
blah...blah...

It's not a real championship game when, after the game has been decided, debate is still there about who the champion should actually be.We can safely say that math isn't your strong point.

Crucifax Autumn
12/30/2008, 04:49 AM
but stupidity rules supreme!

JBIILonghorns
12/30/2008, 09:07 AM
Fake championships aren't championships. OU's in a no win situation.

If they win, their championship will have a black cloud over it for the rest of time. It won't be respected. If they lose, Stoops will lose his 5th BCS bowl in a row.

Keep lying to yourselves. Championships are earned, not given by computers or humans.

BoulderSooner79
12/30/2008, 09:17 AM

If they win, their championship will have a black cloud over it for the rest of time. It won't be respected. If they lose, Stoops will lose his 5th BCS bowl in a row.

Keep lying to yourselves. Championships are earned, not given by computers or humans.

The only black cloud will be over Austin and the rest of the world moves on. We're halfway home by locking the horns out of the title game...

fadada1
12/30/2008, 09:53 AM

name the river in eastern africa that flows south to north and dumps into the mediterranean.

OUTrumpet
12/30/2008, 09:55 AM
We're Oklahoma. We are the precedent of college football. We have 5 Heisman winners, 7 national titles, a million conference titles and all-americans. We fear no one. Our players don't play to compete, we play to win national titles. Enough of this crap about the other team. There is no other team, there is only the Sooners, and whoever else was fortunate enough to share a field with us. So all you Florida fans be ready, we're coming. There's Only 1 Oklahoma.

But...but...but...they're in the SEC. That's most prestigous conference of them all...and they have SPEED. Like Road Runner cartoon speed. And we'll be standing there slackjawed like Wylie Coyote while Harvin and all go beep beep and disappear with nothing but a cloud of dust.

BigGobbler
12/30/2008, 10:15 AM

The only people thinking that way live in Austin. Everyone else stopped talking about Texass about a month back.

SoonerinSouthlake
12/30/2008, 10:20 AM

trust me....If the Sooners win " 2009" will look just fine painted on our wall of Natl Titles...The Crystal Ball will look just as shiny...and they will enjoy their trip to the White House just as much.

In a year, the only people who will still have a burr up their butt is the Whorn community. The rest of the nation has already forgotten.

By the way...in case you havent figured this out...the more you idiots whine....the happier it makes us. It would give me all kinds of joy next year during the RRS to taunt Whorn fans with another Crystal ball (especially given circumstance)

badger
12/30/2008, 10:23 AM
We will still be trailing Alabama by 43 though...

44. Bama's counting this year because they have the same record as the championship game winner.

CrimsonJim
12/30/2008, 10:26 AM

name the river in eastern africa that flows south to north and dumps into the mediterranean.

That would be denial, Alex.

LitiG8R
12/30/2008, 10:34 AM

Release your lips from the Cool Whip can. No more Whip-its for you son. WE will be ready for you and don't give a $hit about your past. WE already disposed of one team in the SEC title game that is still living in 1970.

2 BCS titles in 3 years = Dynasty

badger
12/30/2008, 10:43 AM
Release your lips from the Cool Whip can. No more Whip-its for you son. WE will be ready for you and don't give a $hit about your past. WE already disposed of one team in the SEC title game that is still living in 1970.

:D Here you are saying not to give a $hit about your past and you're bring up the past three years to make your dynasty. Just sayin'.

Oh, and we don't live in 1970... we've been alive ever since Stoops arrived in 1999.

CaliBornSoonerBred
12/30/2008, 10:44 AM

DYNASTY?! Are you f*king kidding?! Both teams will be ready and this will be a great game but you "new" successful programs need to remember who laid the ground work to help CFB be what it is today. You have a legitmate argument if we hadn't won it back in 2000 and made 2 more appearances in the last few years not counting this game. Get yer homer a$$ out of here

MiccoMacey
12/30/2008, 10:46 AM

I agree about the past. None of those titles, none of those games played and won, none of those trophies will have anything to do with the game played on January 8th.

It's always cool when thinking about the success of your program, but to extrapolate and think it has any bearing on a future game is a bit off, IMO.

However, EVEN if you do win on January 8th, you are sooooo far off from being a dynasty it's not funny.

Dynasty's don't go 8-4 in the middle.

Dynasty's are more than two championships in three years.

Florida is not a dominant program right now...it's a great program with great success lately. But there are no dynasty's in college football right now.

badger
12/30/2008, 10:50 AM
Don't worry Cali - we've dealt with their types before, hehe....
http://i42.tinypic.com/1r3qfm.jpg
:D

LitiG8R
12/30/2008, 10:59 AM
DYNASTY?! Are you f*king kidding?! Both teams will be ready and this will be a great game but you "new" successful programs need to remember who laid the ground work to help CFB be what it is today. You have a legitmate argument if we hadn't won it back in 2000 and made 2 more appearances in the last few years not counting this game. Get yer homer a$$ out of here

Us new successful programs? You must be joking! OU did not lay the groundwork for anything. As idiotic as that argument would be by any program there are at least 20 other programs that would have a stronger argument than yours.

We digressed, now back to the topic at hand. 2 out of 3 would be a dynasty my friend. Somethings comparable to the likes of what Meyer's close friend and associate brewed up in New England.

C&CDean
12/30/2008, 11:12 AM
Us new successful programs? You must be joking! OU did not lay the groundwork for anything. As idiotic as that argument would be by any program there are at least 20 other programs that would have a stronger argument than yours.

We digressed, now back to the topic at hand. 2 out of 3 would be a dynasty my friend. Somethings comparable to the likes of what Meyer's close friend and associate brewed up in New England.

Really? Name them nimrod. OU was racking up championships while Florida was worrying about inventing Gatorade. Go ahead, look it up. Anywhere you want. You cannot list the top 3 teams in the history of college football without seeing OU amongst them. Unless, of course, you're a myopic johnny-come-lately dip**** from Florida.

A Sooner in Texas
12/30/2008, 11:14 AM
The only people thinking that way live in Austin. Everyone else stopped talking about Texass about a month back.

The beauty of it is they're not talking, but they're still laughing.

SoonerAtKU
12/30/2008, 11:19 AM
Also, if you want to get into laying groundwork, OU is the reason that college football is the spectacle it is today. You're happy that Florida is on TV 13 times a year? You're welcome. You're happy you get to watch all 30-some-odd meaningless bowl games? You're welcome. OU took the hit and the NCAA has still not forgiven us for breaking their stranglehold on TV rights.

JBIILonghorns
12/30/2008, 11:21 AM
trust me....If the Sooners win " 2009" will look just fine painted on our wall of Natl Titles...The Crystal Ball will look just as shiny...and they will enjoy their trip to the White House just as much.

I hope you are not the one responsible for putting year numbers on OU's stadium wall.

C&CDean
12/30/2008, 11:26 AM
Yo whorn,

Don't y'all have a game with tOSU coming up? Do you know how pathetically stupid you and all the other whiny bitches from Austin are going to look if they hand you your asses? Even more stupid than you look now - and that's saying something.

There won't be a "*" next to our title. Our trophy will not say "The Vince Young Longwhorns" on it. It'll just say "2008 National Champions." We won the conference championship completely and totally by the rules. We didn't make the rules, so if you wanna continue to cry, cry somewhere else. It's getting old, tired, and lame.

MiccoMacey
12/30/2008, 11:29 AM
Don't go cry somewhere else. He's bluffing. He's really a softie. Try him on this.

CrimsonJim
12/30/2008, 11:39 AM
I hope you are not the one responsible for putting year numbers on OU's stadium wall.

Blow it out your @ss, whorn! You friggin' cry-baby wanna-bes make me want to puke. Go whine on your own board. I'll be glad when tOSU stomps a mud hole in your @ss so you'll have something new to cry about. Meanwhile, we'll be shining our CRYSTAL.

ADs_Agent
12/30/2008, 12:01 PM
We're Oklahoma. We are the past, we are the present, and we are the future of college football. You can't stop a force like us, we're in motion it can't be touched.

CaliBornSoonerBred
12/30/2008, 01:29 PM

Alright, I feel compelled to defend my argument of laying ground work. If that aint a top 3 CFB program, then I need a clarification of what one is.

7 National Championships (1950, 1955, 1956, 1974, 1975, 1985, 2000)
16 Title Years by Polling Organization(Alabama terms)
42 Conference Championships
40 Bowl Appearances
24 Bowl Championships
5 Heisman Trophy Winners
14 Undefeated seasons
63 National Award Winners
148 All-Americans
439 First Team All-Conference Players
37 NFL First-Round Picks
330 NFL Draft picks
Record 47 game winning streak
31 10+ win seasons which is the most 10+ win seasons in the history of College Football

Winningest College Football Program since WWII with 556 wins

Winningest College Football Program since 2000 with 109 wins

97 weeks being ranked as the No. 1 team in America which the most weeks ranked No. 1 in the AP poll in the history of College Football

365 weeks ranked in the AP top 5 which is the most in the history of College Football

Most weeks ranked number one in the BCS Poll

80-16-7 against Oklahoma State, the most lopsided intrastate rivalry in D-IA football history

Since 1999, OU has the best home record in College Football going 60-2.

OU has an active streak of 80 consecutive games on television

OU is the only school in the history of College Football to have four coaches win 100 games at the same school. (Benny Owens, Bud Wilkinson, Barry Switzer and Bob Stoops)

OU is the first school in the history of College Football to score 30,000 points.

Ok, now it's your turn.

Also, credit given to Knippz for coming up with some of these stats awhile back when we had an argument with a whorn fan who said "Sooner fans are ignorant and do not know their stats." We verified everything we said with this and a link to soonersports."

ADs_Agent
12/30/2008, 01:41 PM
Checkmate

LitiG8R
12/30/2008, 02:05 PM
You seriously must live in a bubble. Nobody outside of Oklahoma even recognizes them as a speck on the radar in college football history. All those statistics you just wasted your employers time rattling off pale in comparison to Michigan, Ohio State, Princeton, Yale, Alabama, Notre Dame god I could go on and on. You guys are a good team this year and so are we. But I can't sit here and let you fill this message board with garbage about how OU invented college football....just asinine!

ADs_Agent
12/30/2008, 02:12 PM
You seriously must live in a bubble. Nobody outside of Oklahoma even recognizes them as a speck on the radar in college football history. All those statistics you just wasted your employers time rattling off pale in comparison to Michigan, Ohio State, Princeton, Yale, Alabama, Notre Dame god I could go on and on. You guys are a good team this year and so are we. But I can't sit here and let you fill this message board with garbage about how OU invented college football....just asinine!

Your argument is now null and void. Anyone who knows anything about football knows that all time OU is a top program, the only program that you could really put above OU of all time is Notre Dame

gatorsownu2
12/30/2008, 02:14 PM
don't forget tradition.

Yeah, tradition will help you win this game also. Hows your most recent tradition in BCS games? Just asking?:pop:

Hot Rod
12/30/2008, 02:25 PM

Funny how those stats are true and hard for people (outside of Oklahoma) to swallow. Don't get upset because he brought facts and you're bringing opinions.

ADs_Agent
12/30/2008, 02:25 PM
Yeah, tradition will help you win this game also. Hows your most recent tradition in BCS games? Just asking?:pop:

Bring it, different time, different team. Your QB will get a chance to see what offense really is. Your team may hold OU to under 60, but it won't be by much.

Knippz
12/30/2008, 02:30 PM
That's why our stats are superior to theirs. Mhmmm.

Hey whorn, I may be mistaken, but the only team who didn't lose this season was Utah. So along with the other 1 loss teams, we did our job. But the thing is, we did it better. You beat us, congrats. I know that beating OU must feel like winning a national title.

But whorn, you lost to Tech. UT LOST TO...oh never mind.

LitiG8R
12/30/2008, 02:39 PM
Funny how those stats are true and hard for people (outside of Oklahoma) to swallow. Don't get upset because he brought facts and you're bringing opinions.

Seriously you guys are hilarious. I don't need to rattle off a ton of stats to confirm what everyone knows. AD's stats alone may sound impressive but when you compare them to any other power house college football team's then they kind of look like a joke. Alabama has 12 national championships but only Notre Dame is more storied than OU. I mean seriously you guys, take a step back and look what you are saying, and after next Thursday you will be the Buffalo Bills of BCS bowls. Wow unbelievable!

ADs_Agent
12/30/2008, 02:48 PM
Seriously you guys are hilarious. I don't need to rattle off a ton of stats to confirm what everyone knows. AD's stats alone may sound impressive but when you compare them to any other power house college football team's then they kind of look like a joke. Alabama has 12 national championships but only Notre Dame is more storied than OU. I mean seriously you guys, take a step back and look what you are saying, and after next Thursday you will be the Buffalo Bills of BCS bowls. Wow unbelievable!

It isn't happening Gator, you get it out of your mind now that Florida is winning because it isn't happening. You think you can stop the powerhouse offense of Oklahoma? It hasn't been done all year and you think magically now because you live in Florida that you can stop Oklahoma?

SoonerAtKU
12/30/2008, 02:50 PM
Alabama has 12 national championships

SEC! SEC! SEC!

They don't, actually. They have 12 banners or signs or whatever, and they print t-shirts. If OU counted ours the way they count theirs, we'd have 17 or 18.

LitiG8R
12/30/2008, 03:04 PM
SEC! SEC! SEC!

They don't, actually. They have 12 banners or signs or whatever, and they print t-shirts. If OU counted ours the way they count theirs, we'd have 17 or 18.

Yea ok sure....Excuses are like a$$holes everyone has one and they all stink.

Hot Rod
12/30/2008, 03:13 PM
Yea ok sure....Excuses are like a$$holes everyone has one and they all stink.

Way to come back with a lame line. :rolleyes:

SoonerBoognish
12/30/2008, 03:48 PM

If it seems too stupid to be real, it probably is.:les:

badger
12/30/2008, 04:05 PM
Alabama has 12 national championships

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/funny-pictures-lol-squid.jpg
Seriously, that deserves another
http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/funny-dog-pictures-cone-lol.jpg
There you go - two LOLs for your two championships :D

yermom
12/30/2008, 04:55 PM

so you are here to argue Bama vs OU?

man, that SEC Kool-Aid is strong stuff

the Buffalo Bills thing hurts, but OU is about to play in their 7th BCS game (4th title game) in 11 years of the BCS

how many has Florida or Bama played in?

there aren't many teams that can challenge OU's recent success. it's a pretty short list.

as much as ESPN hates it, since there aren't as many butts in front of the TVs around here, OU is a dominant program that everyone has to deal with

sooneredaco
12/30/2008, 05:17 PM

Hey look.... even the b!tching and moaning is bigger in texass. Memo to whorne fan.... STFU!!!! Nobody outside of all the hippies in Austin really care that your little feelings are hurt. When you get your asses handed to you by tOSU this whole tu deserves to be in MNC talk will be irrelevant. Go back to your hole you rodent.

BOOMER

CrimsonJim
12/30/2008, 05:19 PM

Oh, 'bout the same as yours:

2002 Outback Bowl Michigan 38 Florida 30 = LOSS
2003 Outback Bowl Iowa 37 Florida 17 = LOSS
2004 Peach Bowl Miami 27 Florida 10 = LOSS
2005 Outback Bowl Florida 31 Iowa 24 = WIN
2006 BCS NCG Florida 41 Ohio State 14 = WIN
2007 Capital One Bowl Michigan 41 Florida 35 = LOSS

SOONER!

sooneredaco
12/30/2008, 05:48 PM
Oh, 'bout the same as yours:

2002 Outback Bowl Michigan 38 Florida 30 = LOSS
2003 Outback Bowl Iowa 37 Florida 17 = LOSS
2004 Peach Bowl Miami 27 Florida 10 = LOSS
2005 Outback Bowl Florida 31 Iowa 24 = WIN
2006 BCS NCG Florida 41 Ohio State 14 = WIN
2007 Capital One Bowl Michigan 41 Florida 35 = LOSS

SOONER!

Man if that's not a true dynasty I don't know what it is! Once again swamp water dwellers. Check Mate

BOOMER!

delhalew
12/30/2008, 08:16 PM
Yer not getting served up another Big televen patsy this year cuz.

PLaw
12/30/2008, 09:26 PM

THERE'S ONLY ONE!!! sorta got my juices flowing.

BOOMER

GKeeper316
12/31/2008, 04:25 AM

i love how the cows say we didnt earn it...

no amount of crying, bitching, pissing and moaning, flying planes over other school's games and starting up website after website will convince an unbiased computer that the cows actually DIDN'T lose to tech.

the cows say its hollow? why? is there something we're all missing? did we somehow break the rules somewhere along the line? does the BCS no longer count the computers as a third of the formula?

maybe with the seemingly endless funds the cows athletic dept has they can buy the computers next year the same way they bought thier final ranking and BCS berth this year.

where is your head to head argument about who should get the second BCS spot from the big 12?? if head to head matters as much as you say, feel free to excuse yourselves from the BCS equasion and give tech the credit they deserve 39-33.