PDA

View Full Version : I have to share this (eye opening).....

boomersooner28
12/29/2008, 10:16 AM
My wife's little sister Andrea is in the Air Force and was just shipped to Afghanistan with the Army. She is a medic and has been at work over there for just 2 days. She just wrote her mom (my mother-n-law) and this is what she had to say about the situation over there.

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Merry Christmas!
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 04:12:40 -0700

i love my job!! only worked two days but already we have to do gate runs its where we go to the gate and get afgans that need medical attention. oh mom they are the cutest kids! there older brothers (which means like 5-6 yrs) carry there brothers and sisters like smaller then a yr to like 18 mths in. i guess here as a form of punishment there parents burn them. we had a little girl with her whole bottom hand burned off almost. burns on the thighs. then today we had one with an absess. we give them ointment and antibiotics but they normaly do not come back. we have a liguist that is an afgan dr.

oh yeah last night the alarms went off so we had to hurry and get to a bunker with all are iba on. come to find out there was a suicide bomber that killed all this kids. you can look at it on cnn. the dr that is are linguist was there to help. he told us about it. it is so sad here mom. we try to leave the kids with new socks and shoes and a toy. it is so cold here that we do not want them to leave with nothing on. if you can ask around and see if anyone has old baby clothes. shoes mostly, toys, remember no pigs. it would help so much. here is my address

andrea wenzel
C. 634TH CTF
Camp Phoenix APO AE 09320

Such a sad situation. My wife and I are gathering items to ship over. Peem me if you would like to donate.

ADs_Agent
12/29/2008, 10:34 AM
Just had a brother-in-law come back from Iraq not to long ago, it would do good for the media to take some notes on what is actually happening over there.

BudSooner
12/29/2008, 11:11 AM
It would be an understatement to say that the conditions in that country are as bad as Ethiopia/Somalia et al, way back when we went into the country to "try to get" Bin Laden....reporters spoke with some of the people of the northern mountain regions. It was pretty ****ing sad that when the reporter asked what they were eating....the elderly woman smiled and thru an interpreter said "it is bread made from grass that is found on the mountain side...we have enough for you and your people......" and from what I took from the article, 99% of the peoples diet consists of the grass.

The pictures just made you want to poke fun at the people of Somalia and call them fat compared to those in northern Afghanistan, and it's still like that today even though the warring tribal leaders have "supposedly" cooperated with the president of that country...the people are dying and do not want help from outsiders, they are afraid that they will bring the warring tribes into the area and kill the women and children..taking the men for use in the tribes armies/militias working for the Taliban.

I'm not too sure that conditions are better today, than in 2002 over there, I used to be an optimist but that has worn away into being one who believes that the glass ain't half full/emtpy....someone threw the ****er against the wall and it doesn't exist anymore.

Try as Bush/Obama might to put on a happy face "we will not stop looking for those who did these dastardly deeds...blah blah blah blah....." It ain't happening, he's either dead from a bomb we dropped on Habib's cave den or one of his own has killed him, speaking of which...when was the last video message from raghead?
Anyway, back to the subject, this is in no way a riff against our men and women in uniform....I support them 1000%, but cannot and will not support a ********* who whines about change.

Obama had a nice speech writer, and I salute him for it....he won the election on the fact that he has a purty mouth, he's a man of "change" but brings in the same old warhorses that surrounded William Jefferson Clinton.

**** that, change ain't happening, we might as well have elected Rowdy Roddy Piper president he would get more done with less.
And he has better interviews btw.

I don't usually get caught up in political talk around here, and just wanted to add this....Barack, if you can indeed bring our men/women home while capturing OBL,bringing about peace in the middle east/North Korea/Darfur, all the while putting this country back onto the road to prosperity, the auto makers profitable and put some coin back in our pockets...then my hats off to you, personally I would rather navigate a mine filled road without the use of my eyes/navigator.
Your job is not for the weak or heart, or spirit, it is not for the timid or spineless or cautionary, it is a road filled with peril both at home and abroad, you have the hopes/dreams of this countries people and those of the people in other countries like those in Afghanistan.
I hope he does the job he wrote those speeches for, if he can complete HALF those tasks I would consider him someone I would vote for without question but he has a mountainside to move and he only has a shovel to do it with.

As of inauguration day, the clock is ticking Barack....that shovel ain't gonna get any lighter so get to work.

End of rant.

afs
12/29/2008, 11:28 AM

Also, don't send any religious items, things w/ religious symbols, books, bibles etc... The military will not hand them out.