PDA

View Full Version : Malzahn leaving Tulsa for Auburn

Paperclip
12/28/2008, 09:31 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3796147&campaign=rss&source=NCFHeadlines

bri
12/28/2008, 10:08 PM
Motherf*cker. :mad:

OUmillenium
12/28/2008, 10:24 PM
Bad for Tulsa, great for Auburn, bad for Bama, bad for SEC defenses.

GottaHavePride
12/28/2008, 10:44 PM
Hah! Let's see how those SEC defenses do against that offense in a couple of years.

Or on January 8th. :D

Whet
12/28/2008, 11:35 PM
[SEC homer]C-USA don't play defense, Tulsa got all it numbers against poor defenses.[/SEC homer] ;)

Actual SEC homer post:
Who has Tulsa played the last few years. Putting up numbers against no body does not mean it will translate well into a big boy conference. This may end up a good hire but then again it may not.

OUstud
12/29/2008, 02:11 AM
Two words: Tony Franklin.

sooner59
12/29/2008, 03:06 AM
Auburn could potentially be a force in the SEC in a few years. Chizik is a pretty good defensive mind and Malzahn is a really good offensive mind. They have a lot of work to do, but who knows, they could bring Auburn back to prominence. We will just have to wait and see. I didn't like Chizik to Auburn, but the addition of Malzahn makes the combination "potentially" lethal to the SEC. I would be happy if they could just deal a few upsets in the SEC in the coming years that would help us out.

badger
12/29/2008, 07:36 AM
*crickets*

In an effort to support the hometown college team, let me just add that while I am quite focused on OU's bowl effort, I will definitely tune in for Tulsa's and what's the recruiting pitch we Oklahomans always use? Ah yes, "We'll win with or without you." Tulsa will win with or without Gus Gus.

I'm not trying to be funny, I'm not trying to be mean here. Tulsa will win with or without Gus... but really, I am ready to beat Florida now.

bri
12/29/2008, 08:29 AM
[SEC homer]C-USA don't play defense, Tulsa got all it numbers against poor defenses.[/SEC homer] ;)

Actual SEC homer post:

Malzahn's offense, once they adjusted to "SEC speed omfg", moved up and down the field against Arkiesaw. Yes, woo pig sooey was awful this year, but when you play in a conference you get to play against the sh*tty teams as well as the good ones. Once those Auburn guys start to figure out the mad scientist's gameplan, they'll use the likes of Arkansas and Vandy to gain confidence. After that, they'll be giving the so-called elite of the conference fits.

adoniijahsooner
12/29/2008, 02:01 PM
Auburn could potentially be a force in the SEC in a few years. Chizik is a pretty good defensive mind and Malzahn is a really good offensive mind. They have a lot of work to do, but who knows, they could bring Auburn back to prominence. We will just have to wait and see. I didn't like Chizik to Auburn, but the addition of Malzahn makes the combination "potentially" lethal to the SEC. I would be happy if they could just deal a few upsets in the SEC in the coming years that would help us out.

Kinda shuts everyone up a little, as you see the peices come together.