PDA

View Full Version : Official Stoops to Cleveland/KC/Dallas, etc Nonsense thread

ouwasp
12/28/2008, 08:45 PM
Not gonna happen, but feel free to post the nonsense here...

tommieharris91
12/28/2008, 08:47 PM
Stoops to Florida!

KYSooner
12/28/2008, 09:03 PM
They wish...BOOMER!!!

Soonermagik
12/28/2008, 09:05 PM
Why would he go pro? He can make almost the same at OU with bonuses. IMHO, he has seen too many good college coaches fail at the NFL level i.e. Saban, Petey from SC, Spurrier etc..

He has lived here for almost a decade and has made friends and business alliances. I just think he's too comfortable where he's at.

In the NFL if you have a bad year you can be fired. He has great job stability at OU and he doesn't have to move his family either.

oudivesherpa
12/28/2008, 09:05 PM
How about adding Dallas to the list.

GottaHavePride
12/28/2008, 09:50 PM
Stoops to Tottenham!

Wut?

bob
12/28/2008, 09:52 PM
I'm a little uneasy since they are paying him the $3Million stay bonus this year. Hope they can put him under another stay bonus for the next 5 to 10 years. Don't think he will go pro but it wouldn't surprise me if he quit for a year or two and then looked around. He has all the money he needs.

SOONER STEAKER
12/28/2008, 09:57 PM
A friend of my brothers, boss, who is somehow related to Jerry Jones said Bob is the #1 guy to take over the Dallas Makebelievers. I swear this is only BS!! :D

Dan Thompson
12/28/2008, 10:47 PM
There is an openning at Cal Poly. They lost their coach to Army.

ouwasp
12/28/2008, 11:51 PM
I'm a little uneasy since they are paying him the $3Million stay bonus this year. Hope they can put him under another stay bonus for the next 5 to 10 years. Don't think he will go pro but it wouldn't surprise me if he quit for a year or two and then looked around. He has all the money he needs.

note the posters name is "bob"...:eek:

;)

Leroy Lizard
12/29/2008, 12:52 AM
I see Bob leaving for the pros this year. He has accomplished all he can at OU, and we know that the NFL is the highest level. It is every coach's dream to win a Super Bowl. He is probably getting tired of dealing with all the NCAA bs and the recruiting game. He is looking for more of a challenge, so leaving and turning Dallas around would establish his credentials as one of the greatest coaches ever. And certainly living in Dallas is better than living in Norman.

Pretty realistic, no?

olevetonahill
12/29/2008, 01:02 AM
I see Bob leaving for the pros this year. He has accomplished all he can at OU, and we know that the NFL is the highest level. It is every coach's dream to win a Super Bowl. He is probably getting tired of dealing with all the NCAA bs and the recruiting game. He is looking for more of a challenge, so leaving and turning Dallas around would establish his credentials as one of the greatest coaches ever. And certainly living in Dallas is better than living in Norman.

Pretty realistic, no?

Like I asked Ya in another Thread does It cause you headaches? :rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
12/29/2008, 01:08 AM
The NFL coaches have to put up with a load of BS too, from owners to media to dumbass players shooting people, themselves, and even the occasional dog.

Why would someone want to go from respected mentor to manager of prima-donna egotists and servant boy for a rich owner?

olevetonahill
12/29/2008, 01:18 AM
Yall Know Bob aint gonna stick around and Put up with all the shat our Fans give him .
I have a friend who knows his New maids, 3rd cousin that tells Me hes gonna leave Just before the MNC game and become the New Commissioner of the
Newly forming PeeWee Herman League .:rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
12/29/2008, 01:23 AM
I'd get sick of the shat, but that's just a minority of maroons. I think he's perfectly happy being a well paid GOD in Oklahoma over being one of many in the no fun league. At least at OU he gets paid more than any of his players so doesn't have to play second fiddle to any whiny *** "greatest player ever" and he has a constant influx of new talent to play with as opposed to the NFL where the better you do the worse your new guys get.

Leroy Lizard
12/29/2008, 01:34 AM
Like I asked Ya in another Thread does It cause you headaches?

Looks like this groupie is going to follow me around from thread to thread, begging for a response.

olevetonahill
12/29/2008, 01:39 AM
Looks like this groupie is going to follow me around from thread to thread, begging for a response.

Naw I just read Threads and All of a sudden Stupid rears its ugly head :rolleyes:

sooner59
12/29/2008, 01:41 AM
Someone told me Bob was the leading candidate for the Tulsa OC job.

colinreturn
12/29/2008, 01:47 AM
Stoops to Tottenham!

Wut?

i got teh lulz.

Readyfor8
12/29/2008, 01:52 AM
I heard from a very reliable source he is going to establish himself as the greatest coach ever and will try to take on the most demanding coaching job in all of sports... The OKC Thunder...

NBA Championship here we come

Leroy Lizard
12/29/2008, 02:05 AM
Naw I just read..

I don't believe you.

olevetonahill
12/29/2008, 02:10 AM
I don't believe you.

Stupid rears its ugly head
Trust me you DID

Crucifax Autumn
12/29/2008, 02:15 AM

You got a posse tracking you bub...

oumartin
12/29/2008, 07:41 AM
If he is ever gonna leave this is the year. If he stays I think he finishes his career in Norman.

boomersoonr7xchamps
12/29/2008, 07:41 AM

Pretty realistic, no?

Man, Leroy are you an OU fan??? After seeing your thread saying OU was gonna lose to FLA, and now this...???? Yeah he might go pro sometime soon (unfortunately), but why would he go work for Jethro Jones in Dallas? Why not establish himself as one of the best coaches in football in Norman? Once we win Jan 8, he is well on his way

boomersoonr7xchamps
12/29/2008, 07:43 AM
Yall Know Bob aint gonna stick around and Put up with all the shat our Fans give him .
I have a friend who knows his New maids, 3rd cousin that tells Me hes gonna leave Just before the MNC game and become the New Commissioner of the
Newly forming PeeWee Herman League .:rolleyes:

Good One

olevetonahill
12/29/2008, 09:43 AM
[QUOTE=boomersoonr7xchamps;2542732]Man, Leroy are you an OU fan??? /QUOTE]

Let Me Answer that for Leroy , In a Nut shell No He aint .:rolleyes:

boomermagic
12/29/2008, 09:47 AM
How about adding Dallas to the list.

A texas team ? Might as well send him to replace mack.. You people who like the cowgirls need to rethink that REALLY..

ratedrsuperstar
12/30/2008, 06:45 PM
Being reported that Cleveland has asked to speak with Stoops about their opening and that Denver has him on their list also.

This is not good timing with him soon to get a 3 mil bonus !!!

starclassic tama
12/30/2008, 06:47 PM
grreeattt thread man. totally out of nowhere and took soonerfans by shock. really cutting edge stuff here

stoops the eternal pimp
12/30/2008, 07:01 PM
heh

OUHOMER
12/30/2008, 07:47 PM
you mean Detroit hasn't asked

sooner518
12/30/2008, 07:58 PM
cant these bastards wait until January 9!??!?!?!

soonerfan28
12/30/2008, 08:04 PM
I could see Cleveland because it's close to home and I think Wilson would get the HC. Just my opinion.

sooner59
12/30/2008, 09:29 PM
Bob has already turned Cleveland down once. Just sayin. I may be naive but I am 0% concerned about Stoops leaving to the NFL.

southern sooner
12/30/2008, 11:37 PM
i dont think he will leave for the pros just based on him not wanting to deal with multi million dollar egos but if he does I dont think KW will get the HC wouldnt be surprised if BV gets the nod..

SteelCitySooner
12/30/2008, 11:48 PM
I'm feelin hungry for some cheese dip..

ratedrsuperstar
12/31/2008, 12:18 AM
to talk about their Job according to the latest reports.

Not good.

sooneron
12/31/2008, 12:21 AM
Yeah, can I get a link there, Mr. Negarific?

Didn't think so.

boomersooner28
and here we go.....where did that thread go for all of this trash?

SOONERnTx
to talk about their Job according to the latest reports.

Not good.

DOUBT IT!

goingoneight
pffff....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

G8trGr8t
12/31/2008, 12:22 AM
source? link?

I figure Jerry Jones would throw a ton of cash at him.

boomersooner28
12/31/2008, 12:22 AM
For coaches NFL stands for "Not For Long" and Stoops knows that. Enough already.

SteelCitySooner
12/31/2008, 12:23 AM
They don't sell enough rotell up here in Pennsylvania.. Hard to find the "spicy" kind..

SoonerMom2
12/31/2008, 12:24 AM
Sooners held their last practice in Norman today before they leave for Florida so this has got to be one of the dumbest rumors ever. Anyone thinking Stoops would be going to Cleveland to interview as he gets ready to take his team to the National Championship has rocks for brains.

BigRedJed
12/31/2008, 12:26 AM
I think negariffic has two Fs.

SOONERnTx
12/31/2008, 12:27 AM
Sooners held their last practice in Norman today before they leave for Florida so this has got to be one of the dumbest rumors ever. Anyone thinking Stoops would be going to Cleveland to interview as he gets ready to take his team to the National Championship has rocks for brains.

What she said!

sooner2b09
12/31/2008, 12:30 AM
and i have 3 balls

ratedrsuperstar
12/31/2008, 12:32 AM
Not a link, just a cut and paste. Watch ESPN tomorrow !

Browns Interested In Hiring Stoops

Bob Stoops, who revived the University of Oklahoma football team, may have a chance to do the same thing in the National Football League with the Cleveland Browns.
Stoops, who grew up in Ohio rooting for the Browns expressed interest in the Cleveland job when he was told it was open saying sure I'd talk to them. I've always been intrigued by the N.F.L. And it would certainly be a job close to my home.''

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/

Leroy Lizard
12/31/2008, 12:35 AM
I would hope that a reporter would use better grammar. Give me a break.

sooner59
12/31/2008, 12:36 AM
Until he leaves, yawn. I am uninterested in hearing about Stoops to NFL. Until it happens, its old.

BigRedJed
12/31/2008, 12:37 AM
:les: FIRE!! THERE'S A FIRE IN THE THEATER!!

ouwasp
12/31/2008, 12:40 AM
time to bump this since Shanahan got the can...

GottaHavePride
12/31/2008, 12:41 AM
"I tried shouting to the people on the dance floor that the roof was on fire and that they should exit the premises immediately, but they seemed unfazed by the danger," firefighter Michael Pitti said. "I just kept shouting, 'The roof! The roof! The roof is on fire!' and so forth, but they just went right on dancing, insisting that they didn't need any of our water and that we should let the mother****er burn."

"I was screaming at the top of my lungs, 'Get down! Get down, party people!'" said Garry Hodges of Ladder Company 42, "but the more I shouted out, the harder they danced."

Rhino
12/31/2008, 12:42 AM

Bob Stoops, who revived the University of Oklahoma football team, may have a chance to do the same thing in the National Football League with the Cleveland Browns.
Stoops, who grew up in Ohio rooting for the Browns expressed interest in the Cleveland job when he was told it was open saying sure I'd talk to them. I've always been intrigued by the N.F.L. And it would certainly be a job close to my home.''

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/ 2001 called. They want their story (http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C05EFDA143DF930A25752C0A9679C8B 63&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss) back.

sooneron
12/31/2008, 12:43 AM

LOL! No mention of Stoops on your link. Pretty much just a rumor mill that names every coach without a job suddenly and Tressel.

go fish

ratedrsuperstar
12/31/2008, 12:45 AM
Just screwing with you guys, Ya'll were burning up some google
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
You claim to be secure with the idea Bob won't leave, but you are scared to death it might happen. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

CrimsonJim
12/31/2008, 12:46 AM
2001 called. They want their story (http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C05EFDA143DF930A25752C0A9679C8B 63&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss) back.

ROFL! Nice scoop there, thooperthtar. :D

Jdog
12/31/2008, 12:48 AM
2001 called. They want their story (http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C05EFDA143DF930A25752C0A9679C8B 63&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss) back.

I knew I had heard that clever statement before.

tommieharris91
12/31/2008, 12:53 AM
Stoops headed to Cleveland tomorrow to talk about their Job according to the latest reports.

Not good.

Just screwing with you guys, Ya'll were burning up some google
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
You claim to be secure with the idea Bob won't leave, but you are scared to death it might happen. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://www.northsidebaseball.com/Forum/images/smilies/banned.gif

goingoneight
12/31/2008, 01:13 AM
This was scary at first like eight years ago... then it became funny... now it's really just annoying. NTM, Stoops said the Steelers were too close to home when Cowher retired... and CLEVELAND would be so much more distant!

The guy may get annoyed with his media obligations, but he does love it here... and it's be hard to leave something you love if it pays you as good or better than any NFL gig.

Stoops in the NFL... best case scenario is he whips a team around into playoff contention in a couple years time... one bad season, one hard hit on his QB and the fans start stoning him and chasing him out of town with torches. At OU, people were prepared to do anything to keep him after the 1999 season, before any of the Sooner Magic was truly revived.

BigRedJed
12/31/2008, 01:35 AM
This doesn't really have anything to do with anything, but it always makes me giggle.

http://www.sfgate.com/n/pictures/2006/07/14/bush3.jpg

BoomerSooner65
12/31/2008, 10:43 AM
Bob is not going any place. Bob bought some land in Norman and is building a multimillion dollar house. He is very happy where he is and this is no B.S.

PLaw
12/31/2008, 11:00 AM
A friend of my brothers, boss, who is somehow related to Jerry Jones said Bob is the #1 guy to take over the Dallas Makebelievers. I swear this is only BS!! :D

Bob working for Jerry??? Bahahahahaha!

JJ looks a heckuva a lot more like Al Davis than Clint Murchison. Bob and Mr. Murchison would have resembled the lethal combination of Bob, Joe, and David.

Jerry is a darn savvy oil-man whose football intelligence is reflected by the teams inability to win a playoff game in the past decade. If Jerry had the humility within him to let football people run the team, then with his money the glory of the Star would return. Jerry's hobby is making a mockery of the Cowboys.

BOOMER

SoonerinSouthlake
12/31/2008, 04:40 PM
I have a really good friend in a football town who can confirm that he saw Bob looking at houses.

...granted the football town was Norman and Bob was looking at the sweet pad he is building for he and his family to grow old in.

The only thing we have to worry about with Bob is that he grows tired of coaching early in his life....not that he is attracted to another position either in the NFL or other University.

SoonerinSouthlake
1/1/2009, 10:02 AM
"After 14 years, it was time to go in a different direction," Bowlen said, repeating the simplest and ultimate reason for the decision.

Of all the names being thrown out to replace Shanahan — Bill Cowher, Bill Parcells, Scott Pioli, Bob Stoops — none resonated louder than Elway's, most likely as a front-office type. The former quarterback has a nose for business and wants back in the game. He has not been contacted, nor ruled out, by Bowlen.

SicEmBaylor
1/1/2009, 11:15 PM
At least at OU he gets paid more than any of his players...

Big Red Sports really needs to step up and fix that problem. *bada boom boom*

Too soon?

soonerfan69
1/1/2009, 11:24 PM
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2009/jan/01/broncos-reach-out-stoops-two-nfl-assistants/

The Broncos moved quickly on New Year's Day, locking up interviews with two NFL assistants, asking permission for another, as well as making a preliminary move to contact University of Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops.

I for one don't like this all these distractions will be taking away from concentrating on the BCS Championship game

Rhino
1/1/2009, 11:31 PM
It's not a distraction.

4everasooner
1/2/2009, 03:34 PM
Just reported that the Broncos are going after Bob Stoops.

4everasooner
1/2/2009, 03:36 PM
Just saw the other thread, my bad.

Fiatil
1/2/2009, 03:43 PM
Edit: Wooh, I didn't see it either.

fadada1
1/2/2009, 03:44 PM
if he learned anything from spurrier.....

if he's ever talked to pete carroll.....

8timechamps
1/2/2009, 09:53 PM
He's not coming to Denver. Why would he?

The Broncos will end up getting a whipping boy to fill the void over the next couple of years, then go after a decent coach. When Dan Reeves left, Wade Phillips was the whipping boy until Shanahan got here. Stoops won't be that guy.

josh09
1/3/2009, 12:55 AM
Didnt he just build a house in Norman?

sooner59
1/3/2009, 01:04 AM
If Bob built a new house in Norman and then left for Denver, he better sell that house, because even though we loved him, leaving us for the NFL would **** a lot of people off and he would get a lot of mixed emotions from people. I could be wrong, but I know people that would go insane.

boomersooner28
1/3/2009, 02:16 AM
New lil tidbit on espn bout Stoops and Denver. Interview with John Clayton about the situation. Basicaly says the Broncos are serious about Stoops and want to know if Stoops is serious about them or not.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3806489

Piware
1/3/2009, 02:44 AM
Bob is not going any place. Bob bought some land in Norman and is building a multimillion dollar house. He is very happy where he is and this is no B.S.

And this isn't the first multi-million dollar house. Have you seen the one he lives in now?

Besides, if ESPN reported it you know it's a damn lie. And who was that getting off the plane in Florida - his stunt double?

IBleedCrimson
1/3/2009, 03:52 AM
And this isn't the first multi-million dollar house. Have you seen the one he lives in now?

Besides, if ESPN reported it you know it's a damn lie. And who was that getting off the plane in Florida - his stunt double?

logic.... reason.......REJECTED! My system can't handle anything without a good dose of
Sarcasm

soonerboomer93
1/3/2009, 04:49 AM
I'm kind of suprised about the Denver thing. Not that the Broncos are interested in Stoops, but Bowlen is an OU alum and it would be nice if he was making sure no one was talking about it until after the 8th.

sooner59
1/3/2009, 05:28 PM
Let this be the end of the Stoops rumors.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls08/news/story?id=3807860

Leroy Lizard
1/3/2009, 05:34 PM
Are you kidding? This will only fuel them further.

SoonerinSouthlake
1/3/2009, 09:22 PM
Are you kidding? This will only fuel them further.

It may...but it shouldnt. He's happy here, life is good, he has built a Juggernaut...he's just smart enough to make comments hinting he could someday be interested to keep people interested in him. ...which tends to get him raises...makes sense to me

I think he has made it clear that he is home in Norman

Salt City Sooner
1/4/2009, 12:37 AM
Stoops presser today (check out the grey-haired dude who just will NOT give up on the Denver rumors):

http://www.cstv.com/allaccess/player/07-oas-mediaplayer-okla.html?content=mms://a1981.v8108e.c8108.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1981/8108/v0001/cstvcbs.download.akamai.com/8108/open/okla/08-09/video/m-footbl/01jan/20090103_presser_stoops.wmv&school=okla&

007sooner
1/4/2009, 12:41 AM
I love me some Broncos, and I wish they wouldn't've fired Shanahan, and Stoops would be a cool replacement. but I'm a Sooner fan over all, and Norman is where he belongs. :)

SoonerinSouthlake
1/4/2009, 10:14 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/9024860/Stoops-shoots-down-Broncos-rumors?MSNHPHMA

"What situation? That's a rumor that I have not heard and no one has contacted me about that so I don't know anything about it," Stoops said. "We're preparing for a national championship, that's all my focus, all my concentration is on that, so obviously I'm not a candidate. I'm sure someone might have told me ... if I was."

The Broncos fired Mike Shanahan after 14 seasons on Tuesday.

"There's no story," Stoops said. "I'm not a candidate. This is the first I've heard about it."

Maybe so, but Oklahoma offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson — who's from Colorado — said he heard rumblings of Denver having interest in his boss, who just completed 10 years with the Sooners and earned a $3 million bonus for lasting a decade at the school.

"I love Colorado, but I don't know if that's for him," Wilson said.

Denver already has put together a list of strong candidates, including New York Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive coordinator Raheem Morris and Dallas Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett. Rick Dennison — the offensive coordinator under Shanahan — wants an interview as well.

Stoops indicated that he would try to shoot down the rumor with his players.

"It won't take long," Stoops said.

Still, even if there really is no interest in the Denver job, Stoops hasn't closed the door on one day giving the NFL a try.

"At some point in my life or career, that may be the case," Stoops said.