PDA

View Full Version : The Dallas Cowboys

ratedrsuperstar
12/28/2008, 05:33 PM
Sux !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Romo is over-rated !

Defense has given up 3 plays of 60 plus yards in the last 2 games.

Win and they are in the playoffs, so they are getting blown out !

Did I say ROMO was over-rated ?

SoonerDood
12/28/2008, 05:38 PM
I haven't seen a QB that clutch since Jake the Snake Plummer. Romo's hero must've been Karl Malone.

tulsaoilerfan
12/28/2008, 05:48 PM
I'm a Cowboys fan, but that's what Jerry gets for signing such guys as Pac-man and trading for the most over-rated receiver in the NFL; they need to clean house starting with the entire coaching staff tomorrow morning

KYSooner
12/28/2008, 05:50 PM
I'm a Cowboys fan, but that's what Jerry gets for signing such guys as Pac-man and trading for the most over-rated receiver in the NFL; they need to clean house starting with the entire coaching staff tomorrow morning

I think there is a decent chance of this happening. I wouldnt be shocked to see Romo looking for a new job soon.

tulsaoilerfan
12/28/2008, 05:53 PM
I think there is a decent chance of this happening. I wouldnt be shocked to see Romo looking for a new job soon.

I don't see that happening because of the contract; i'm not excusing the guy, but remember he has 2 1/2 years as a starter and even Aikman made mistakes his 3rd year before winning the Super Bowl in his 4th year.

Anyway, who would be out there that is honestly better? QB's just don't fall off trees

BudSooner
12/28/2008, 06:01 PM
The Cowboys suck, end of story, Jerry Jones is the NFL version of George Steinbrenner.

ratedrsuperstar
12/28/2008, 06:09 PM
we are watching the new version of the

OAKLAND RAIDERS and AL DAVIS.

JLEW1818
12/28/2008, 06:11 PM
Dallas = choke city

TXBOOMER
12/28/2008, 06:18 PM
Jerry LOLOLOLOL. How bout that Pac-Man? How bout that texass roy williams? Tony Romo the gun slinger...LOL

OU_PhD
12/28/2008, 06:19 PM
Romo = FAIL

http://www.doingitwrong.com/wrong/20070311-121652.jpg

OU_PhD
12/28/2008, 06:20 PM
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/karatefail.jpg

BoulderSooner79
12/28/2008, 06:21 PM
Maybe they are trying for a higher draft position in hopes of landing Duke or some other Sooner* ?

*just trying to relate to this message board.

ratedrsuperstar
12/28/2008, 06:25 PM
I'm a cowboys fan, but I hope Philly hangs 60 on them.

They need to be embarrassed to the point changes have to be made.

This team was built to win the Superbowl this year !!!!

OU_PhD
12/28/2008, 06:34 PM
Will Texas fans bitch about the Eagles running up the score on the Cowboys?

Bruiser53
12/28/2008, 06:39 PM
Bigger meltdown than the Auburn boards after Gene Chizik was hired as HC. We can all agree Wade Phillips is gone, but I think Romo stays. NFL quarterbacks are pretty hard to come by, judging by the guys like Gus Ferrotte and Kerry Collins still starting.

Breadburner
12/28/2008, 06:39 PM
This is what happens when you sign cancers such as Owens......I love watching them get thumped.....

OU_PhD
12/28/2008, 06:41 PM
ANyone got a link to a Cowboys message board? I'd like to witness a meltdown. I don't ever post on any NFL boards.

OUinFLA
12/28/2008, 06:46 PM
It's no better being a Bucs fan.

13 point favs today. got waxed by oakland = no playoffs.

OU_PhD
12/28/2008, 06:52 PM
LMAO @ NFL fans.

I live near San Diego. It'll be fun to hear if the Chargers **** this game down their leg tonight. Their fans are ready to explode too.

BudSooner
12/28/2008, 06:54 PM
It's no better being a Bucs fan.

13 point favs today. got waxed by oakland = no playoffs.

Speak the truth brother, I had hope..now all of that rests with Concussion Boy Ben Hamburger. :D

ouwapiti
12/28/2008, 06:58 PM
cowboys have been irrelevant since 1995..........i'm glad they're getting their hind ends handed to them....cant wait to hear all the fallout.....love to see jerry all squirmy.......

instigator
12/28/2008, 07:04 PM
cowboys have been irrelevant since 1995..........i'm glad they're getting their hind ends handed to them....cant wait to hear all the fallout.....love to see jerry all squirmy.......

1996 Super Bowl XXX

Date Played: January 28, 1996

Teams: Dallas Cowboys vs. Pittsburgh Steelers

Winner: COWBOYS

Final Score: 27-17

;)

I am damn glad I am not a fan of theirs. Living in Dallas I watch them every week and they are incredibly frustrating. I can't help but agree that when you sign players like these (Pacman, Owens) you are asking for it. Looks like they're getting it.

I actually really like Phillips as a person, but as a leader and coach, not so much.

ratedrsuperstar
12/28/2008, 07:21 PM
ANyone got a link to a Cowboys message board? I'd like to witness a meltdown. I don't ever post on any NFL boards.

http://blog.dallascowboys.com/forums/

Squigglyline
12/28/2008, 07:21 PM
...they need to clean house starting with the entire coaching staff tomorrow morning

I'm fully expecting that to happen...

PrideTrombone
12/28/2008, 07:24 PM
I'm a Cowboys fan, but that's what Jerry gets for signing such guys as Pac-man and trading for the most over-rated receiver in the NFL; they need to clean house starting with Jerry Jones tomorrow morning

Fixed.

BudSooner
12/28/2008, 07:37 PM
I would love to see Jerry Jones eat crow after "What part don't you ****ing understand, the coaching staff is already in place for next year, Wade/Jason will be back next year"

Yeah, but will the rest of the team, get a GM, get rid of the convicts, sit back and enjoy the dividends....oh wait. That ain't the way Jerry rolls. :D

Good luck on the Cowboys 1-15 season next year.

Curly Bill
12/28/2008, 07:38 PM
I'm a big Cowboys but they're a circus, and they got what they deserved.

StoopTroup
12/28/2008, 07:43 PM
If Jerry does decide it's time for a change...he could always have an arson job done down at the new place and play in the Cotton Bowl with his new team.

I don't much care for this years Team once Marion Barber was hurt...they imploded IMO. They became one dimensional. Tashard Choice can self-proclaim himself an equal if he wants to do so...but...he not IMO. Dallas was screwed once Barber was gone.

Dallas haters can blame Jones on the Pacman or Owens trade...but I think he had a good idea when they picked up TFRW. TFRW helped Romo and the offense when Barber was healthy. Jones might want to disassemble this team after tonights performance...but I bet he doesn't. He's got a lot riding on this new Stadium. He needs to sell lots of seats and make lots of very rich fans happy. My guess...he doesn't give a rat's a$$ about what the average Cowboy Fans thinks anymore. I guarantee he doesn't care about what Troy, Emmitt or Cokehead thinks about it.

I'm betting he makes some changes...but Romo isn't one of them.

Curly Bill
12/28/2008, 07:45 PM
Romo definitely stays, but Jerry can't go into the new house with the same staff in place.

ouwasp
12/28/2008, 08:03 PM
I'm a sort of casual Cowboys fan. Was a big fan from the 70s to the Superbowl yrs in the early '90s. But free agency made pro football more a time-filler than something to follow, imo.

Now I may catch a bit of a game during Sunday afternoon nap time.

One good thing about the Boys not making the playoffs: While the volume of Dallas stories will be big over the next couple of days, the sportswriters will be forced to move on for the most part.

Tired of that tripe filling the sports pages...

CrimsonJim
12/28/2008, 08:07 PM
Yeah, Homo will stay. He won't be going anywhere until/if they get another top quality quarterback, and that just doesn't happen very often. Look how well they did in the games he missed due to injury - nada.

I really believe they need new leadership, but heck, who are you going to get that's worth a tinker's da*n with that a**clown for an owner? There are a couple of top notch coaches available right now that I think could take this group to the top, but I don't think there's no way in hael they would want to work for Jones.

Curly Bill
12/28/2008, 08:07 PM
I'm a sort of casual Cowboys fan. Was a big fan from the 70s to the Superbowl yrs in the early '90s. But free agency made pro football more a time-filler than something to follow, imo.

Couldn't agree more.

CrimsonJim
12/28/2008, 08:09 PM

Very well said, sir. :D

Jacie
12/28/2008, 08:33 PM
The new Cowboy HC has to be someone with a track record, not a first-timer. An experienced coach must dictate his terms just like Parcells did and be able to stand up to JJ. He needs a freehand when it comes to staff hiring, signing/trading players and draft picks.

JJ knows what's at stake. With the opening of a new stadium expectations will be sky high even if everyone is aware that the reality is they will not be a preseason pick to win the division or even make the playoffs.

For all of your ragging on Jerry and comparing him to Steinbrenner, the Yankees have won plenty of times under his ownership, series and division titles. The anomaly is when they don't make the playoffs and the same is true of Dallas. Jerry is a successful business man and if any of you managed to earn enough money to own a professional sports franchise, you would take a hand in running things too.

There are 20 teams that did not make the playoffs this year. One of those teams went winless and a couple of others could only eke out two wins in sixteen tries. Heck, New England went 11-5 and didn't make it in! Dallas may be a rebuilding project but they don't have as far to go or as little to work with as some of em.

Soonersince57
12/28/2008, 08:43 PM

A-men to that. Used to be you could follow the same players for years; now they may for 4-5 teams before retiring.

tbl
12/28/2008, 08:45 PM

I'm a huge Cowboys fan but this starts above Wade. Jerry needs to humble himself, get out of the GM spot, and hand the reigns over to somebody with actual football knowledge.

What a joke tonight...

tulsaoilerfan
12/28/2008, 10:53 PM
Maybe they are trying for a higher draft position in hopes of landing Duke or some other Sooner* ?

*just trying to relate to this message board.

LOL, they traded their first rounder for Roy"I'm not worth a ****" Williams back in Oct

ratedrsuperstar
12/28/2008, 11:13 PM
They have two Roy Williams and neither one is worth a sh*t !!

catsigater
12/28/2008, 11:25 PM
I'm a huge Cowboys fan but this starts above Wade. Jerry needs to humble himself, get out of the GM spot, and hand the reigns over to somebody with actual football knowledge.

What a joke tonight...

You nailed it. But it won't happen. I thought he'd turned the corner when he hired Parcells. I viewed that as an implicit acknowledgment that Jones had seen the light and was willing to step back and let someone else run the show, but instead, he simply ran Parcells out of town.

Jones is in danger of becoming another Al Davis.

I've hated the Cowboys for years. I've been a Vikings fan since the late 60s, so that should tell you why. So I kind of enjoy this, but dayem, I also find myself wanting the 'Boys to at least make the playoffs. They're one of the world's iconic sports franchises, and seeing this is a bit of a bummer at times.

Leroy Lizard
12/28/2008, 11:40 PM
I thought they would be winning Super Bowls once Switzer left.

BTW, Horn fans are really tearing into TFRW.

KYSooner
12/28/2008, 11:42 PM
[QUOTE=catsigater;2542546]
QUOTE]

I almost agree with this, however I am the complete oposite. Sort of a "thin line between genius and crazy" case with Jones, but I still believe that he is a very smart owner and manager. Every big name character he brings to his team, from coaches to players, was in some way or another a very smart move before the formation of results.

What they need is these guys to bond. Everybody's seen it when the Cowboys are in high gear and they can contend with the best at those times. When they eventually get it, which they will BECAUSE THE HAVE JJ, it will be because they have big name players that can blend...the 90's dynasty for eg.

tbl
12/28/2008, 11:44 PM

That's exactly right. It's already getting here and the end result is suck. Thanks Jerrah!

tbl
12/28/2008, 11:48 PM
the 90's dynasty for eg.

Dude... We will never have a team like that again until Jerry gets out of the way. Think about how that team was built and how they got to where they were. NOTHING like that since Jimmy left. That entire team was built by smart draft picks and good moves all around. Jerry had nothing to do with it (literally). Since then, his only philosophy is spend a lot of money and hope it works out. This team now started to be built right by Parcells, but again Jerry had to interfere and brought in TO. I was an advocate of TO for a while, but its obvious that guy is a cancer in the locker room (lets not forget good ole Pac). Now we have draft picks and big money tied up in TFRW and the entire team is in disarray.

UTsucks
12/29/2008, 05:34 AM
Dude... We will never have a team like that again until Jerry gets out of the way. Think about how that team was built and how they got to where they were. NOTHING like that since Jimmy left. That entire team was built by smart draft picks and good moves all around. Jerry had nothing to do with it (literally). Since then, his only philosophy is spend a lot of money and hope it works out. This team now started to be built right by Parcells, but again Jerry had to interfere and brought in TO. I was an advocate of TO for a while, but its obvious that guy is a cancer in the locker room (lets not forget good ole Pac). Now we have draft picks and big money tied up in TFRW and the entire team is in disarray.

You are correct the problem is Jerry and the circus he has created. I hate the cowboys and getting to watch the melt down has been fun. Next year they get the brand new Jerry world only to be a average team at best.

Romo with his big fat contract is not going anywhere. Humpty dumpty Wade boy has zero control of the mass ego's on the team. He is not a good coach and has never won a playoff game. Oh wait they did not even make that this year.

Jerry has run off every coach and brought in all the cancer's as the above poster has said. Nothing will change but listening to 103.3 will be fun for a few weeks. :pop:

Panamag8or
12/29/2008, 06:05 AM
Romo should be fine. He's not even sniffing the top of the list of the Cowboy's problems. If they remove some distractions and replace them wisely, he might actually care enough to play well.

olevetonahill
12/29/2008, 06:26 AM
Ive Nevar been a Cowboys fan , But I did Admire Tom Landry.
After what Jerry and Jimmy did to Him, I Have HATED em evar since :mad:
Tom was the Cowboys for Years , then those Dooshes Dumped him Like Last nites **** pot .
**** em , i hope Jerry and His team rot in hell .:mad:
Ask me to Really open Up and tell ya what I think .;)

badger
12/29/2008, 06:29 AM
Considering that Tony Romo played at Nowhere, Illinois in college and was barely on the minds of anyone for "future NFL starters" a few years ago, he's doing well!

Considering that he is one of only 32 starters in the NFL, the Cowboys probably could and should make it an open competition in the offseason. I know Romo is a hero to some Texans with Hispanic roots and all, but I'm sure everyone would prefer to cheer for a winner.

Oh, and hahahahahahahahahaha :D Dallas sucks again and I can smile a little more. If the Packers miss the playoffs, then I want Dallas and Chicago to miss also... in that order :D

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

boomermagic
12/29/2008, 10:28 AM
Pick another team.. dallas is in texas and as weall know texas SUCKS..

BoulderSooner79
12/29/2008, 11:09 AM
I don't really follow the NFL very much. But I know a lot of horn fans are also Dallas Cowboy fans. Business must be booming for Texas psycho therapists lately. :P

Jacie
12/29/2008, 11:18 AM
Ive Nevar been a Cowboys fan , But I did Admire Tom Landry.
After what Jerry and Jimmy did to Him, I Have HATED em evar since :mad:
Tom was the Cowboys for Years , then those Dooshes Dumped him Like Last nites **** pot .
**** em , i hope Jerry and His team rot in hell .:mad:
Ask me to Really open Up and tell ya what I think .;)

Oh puhleeze! The man was a legend but his time (and his defensive strategy) had been passed by that old bugaboo . . . change. JJ brought in JJ and even The King. Cowboys got three SB trophies to show for it. I'd say the man's entitled to run things.

Heck, while we're moaning about the loss of things that were pretty good in their time, I used to drive my brother-in-law's 53 Chevy and I loved that car! Made completely of metal and the components were mechanical, which meant that even a kid in highschool could work on it. Would I drive such a car today? No way! Seatbelts were only found in airplanes, and no one had even dreamed of ABS brakes or airbags (at least it had safety glass).

Complaining about Tom Landy in 2008 makes you sound like . . . a Texas fan crying over this year's Big XII standings.

BudSooner
12/29/2008, 11:55 AM
The new Cowboy HC has to be someone with a track record, not a first-timer. An experienced coach must dictate his terms just like Parcells did and be able to stand up to JJ. He needs a freehand when it comes to staff hiring, signing/trading players and draft picks.

JJ knows what's at stake. With the opening of a new stadium expectations will be sky high even if everyone is aware that the reality is they will not be a preseason pick to win the division or even make the playoffs.

For all of your ragging on Jerry and comparing him to Steinbrenner, the Yankees have won plenty of times under his ownership, series and division titles. The anomaly is when they don't make the playoffs and the same is true of Dallas. Jerry is a successful business man and if any of you managed to earn enough money to own a professional sports franchise, you would take a hand in running things too.

There are 20 teams that did not make the playoffs this year. One of those teams went winless and a couple of others could only eke out two wins in sixteen tries. Heck, New England went 11-5 and didn't make it in! Dallas may be a rebuilding project but they don't have as far to go or as little to work with as some of em.

Ahem, look at the 1996 New York Yankees, arguably the best team he EVER had...now beyond Derek Jeter, can you name 4 members of that team and don't google them either. That was a team built for championships, the 2009 is built to lose the pennant let alone the division title or Championship, $$$ doesn't equal titles, go ask George how those groundbreaking contracts to ARod,Randy Johnson,Clemens,Kevin Brown, turned out...all have something in common THEY NEVER WON A TITLE WITH NY!
Jerry has proven to us time and time again that his spat with Jimmy Johnson was more than a hiccup in the road to a long long road filled with championships, it was the beginning of the end, yes even Barry admits that he was in over his head and this was proven if you look at the last monday night football game between the Eagles/Boys, just look at Barry....it's the look in his eyes that said....get me the **** out of here.
Campo,etc cannot win there, Phillips/Garrett cannot win there, with/without TO/Pacman/TFRW/Romo/Aikman/Smith/Irvin.....as long as there is a Jones in the front office...so will the Boys suck ***.

Now, those 1996 Yankees, Derek Jeter, Wade Boggs,Tino Martinez, Luis Sojo,Bernie Williams,Jeff Nelson, Kenny Rogers,Mariano Rivera....just in case you hadn't google it by now.
I forgot Darryl Strawberry btw.