PDA

View Full Version : **Brad Childress shouldn't be coaching a middle school program...**

Lott's Bandana
12/28/2008, 04:16 PM
And yet, they make the playoffs despite this idiot.

This guy makes more bonehead decisions than I have ever seen in all my years of NFL football.

Giants 19, Minn 17

Peterson stopped at the Giant 33 with :30 sec left. Now 2nd and 12 and the Vikings huddle as the clock runs...T Jackson finally calls their last time out with :09 left. That's 21 seconds burned.

Send Longwell out to kick a 51 yard FG.

Nope, change your mind and run another play where TJ throws the ball into the 10th row. :05 left.

Despite Childress
Despite Tavaris Jackson
Playoffs

You think AD deserves some looks at MVP? I don't see anyone else on his team's offense doing anything to justify this playoff spot.

Even with the fumbles.

badger
12/28/2008, 04:25 PM
Enter Minnesota in the "Get Matt Cassel" bidding game when Tom Brady edges him out for the starter job.

:D Of course, I'd think it would be even funnier for Cincy or Arizona to acquire him. I'll let you boys figure out why, since we all know that men know far more about football than women :D

catsigater
12/28/2008, 04:37 PM
Been a Viking fan for 37 years, and right now, I'm just happy we went in with a "W". Yeah, I know it was against the Giants 2nd team, But I'll take it.

Having said that, I don't see this team going far at all. The coach looks lost. Jackson's a gifted athlete, but he's not a playoff-caliber QB. Too many boneheaded decisions. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back next year, and maybe he'll get better, but if I'm the owner, I'm looking at someone like Cassel or even David Carr.

Did AD have issues with holding the ball in college? I hold my breath everytime he runs into traffic. But there's no doubt without him, the Vikes would be lucky to be a .500 team.

Sooner04
12/28/2008, 04:48 PM
You think AD deserves some looks at MVP?
No one who fumbles that much deserves a look at MVP.

My Vikings are going to the playoffs! I sit here stunned.

Collier11
12/28/2008, 04:54 PM
he has lost 4 fumbles correct? I dont want to look it up, he can improve that but that isnt horrible

Sooner04
12/28/2008, 04:56 PM
he has lost 4 fumbles correct? I dont want to look it up, he can improve that but that isnt horrible
He's fumbled nine times overall, which leads the league. He was lucky not to lose his fumble today.

SoonerDood
12/28/2008, 04:58 PM
AD's college stats show 15 fumbles, 6 lost. Seemed like he fumbled more when he had to do everything in '05, kinda like now.

The Pats could really play this Cassel thing perfectly, and you know they will. They will probably Franchise him, let him play a little bit next year, and then trade him to some dumb team (Cards, LIONS, Bungles) for a #1 and a #2 and get all that salary off their books. OR they could do what the 49ers did with Montana/Young.

Bruiser53
12/28/2008, 05:05 PM
The Pats could really play this Cassel thing perfectly, and you know they will. They will probably Franchise him, let him play a little bit next year, and then trade him to some dumb team (Cards, LIONS, Bungles) for a #1 and a #2 and get all that salary off their books. OR they could do what the 49ers did with Montana/Young.

According to this http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3796019, the Pats might need Cassel next year. Any other free agent QBs on the market for next year to help AD out? While we're on the topic, any free agent coaches as well so we don't have to watch a team with all the talent of Minnesota have to sweat out a playoff spot in week 17?

Partial Qualifier
12/28/2008, 05:17 PM
04 I agree about the NFL MVP award, but do you think Peterson's the Vikings' MVP?

I agree about Brad Childress. Every time I watch the Vikes play, I ask myself at least twice: WTS, coach?

East Coast Bias
12/28/2008, 05:25 PM
Bruise is right, from what I have been reading, the Pats would be lucky to have Brady back next year. He is behind on his recovery and could be looking at having more surgery. He is a big question mark going forward...... Incidently Bradford has been compared to P.Manning but I see a lot of Brady in Sam. Similiar size and build, same accurracy, and a master at the short outs and crossing routes. Brady is not great with the long ball, Sam might have an edge there...

tulsaoilerfan
12/28/2008, 05:51 PM
No one who fumbles that much deserves a look at MVP.

My Vikings are going to the playoffs! I sit here stunned.

Do yourself a favor and look up the stats of Emmitt, Dickerson, Payton, Jim Brown, and Barry Sanders; all but Brown fumbled more in their first 2 seasons than AD has, and Brown probably would have but he played 12 game seasons

All great backs fumble, and it's because they handle the ball more than anyone on the team except the Qb's obviously

snp
12/28/2008, 06:04 PM
Been a Viking fan for 37 years, and right now, I'm just happy we went in with a "W". Yeah, I know it was against the Giants 2nd team, But I'll take it.

Having said that, I don't see this team going far at all. The coach looks lost. Jackson's a gifted athlete, but he's not a playoff-caliber QB. Too many boneheaded decisions. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back next year, and maybe he'll get better, but if I'm the owner, I'm looking at someone like Cassel or even [/b]David Carr[/b].

David Carr, the master of the checkdown, is not the answer to alleviate all the extra defenders in the box.

Sage Rosenfels would be a good option if the Texans are willing to part with an often used insurance plan.

oumartin
12/28/2008, 06:39 PM
Peterson fumbles because he works so hard to get the most on every carry. He has to with this team.

Sayin' he doesn't derserve an MVP look is , well, it's dumb

cheezyq
12/28/2008, 06:50 PM
Peterson fumbles because he works so hard to get the most on every carry. He has to with this team.

Sayin' he doesn't derserve an MVP look is , well, it's dumb

He also got away with carrying the football away from his body in HS and college because he was so much stronger than all the defenders trying to rip the ball out. That's not the case anymore. He needs to re-learn how to carry the football.

But I do agree, who else would get the MVP?

Sooner04
12/28/2008, 06:50 PM
Do yourself a favor and look up the stats of Emmitt, Dickerson, Payton, Jim Brown, and Barry Sanders; all but Brown fumbled more in their first 2 seasons than AD has, and Brown probably would have but he played 12 game seasons

All great backs fumble, and it's because they handle the ball more than anyone on the team except the Qb's obviously
Emmitt Smith does NOT belong on that list. All the others are great backs.

Soonersince57
12/28/2008, 09:04 PM
And yet, they make the playoffs despite this idiot.

This guy makes more bonehead decisions than I have ever seen in all my years of NFL football.

Giants 19, Minn 17

Peterson stopped at the Giant 33 with :30 sec left. Now 2nd and 12 and the Vikings huddle as the clock runs...T Jackson finally calls their last time out with :09 left. That's 21 seconds burned.

Nope, change your mind and run another play where TJ throws the ball into the 10th row. :05 left.

Despite Childress
Despite Tavaris Jackson
Playoffs

You think AD deserves some looks at MVP? I don't see anyone else on his team's offense doing anything to justify this playoff spot.

Even with the fumbles.

Agree. Time management was horrible.