PDA

View Full Version : Miami put up a clinic on how not to run a 2 minute offense

stoops the eternal pimp
12/28/2008, 11:59 AM
Randy Shannon looked like he never has coached in a close game before.

down 7..2 minutes left 1 timeout...

1. draw play up the middle for 3 yards..clock runs
2. pass to tight end for 5 yards..still in bounds
3.some other play that gets a a couple of yards for first.

4. Quarterback scrambles 2 yards towards sidelines and then makes a move inside to keep from going out of bounds..gain of 3 clock running..

And this one that got me the most

5. they are in hurry up mode but it takes 35 seconds to get the play call in

6. quarterback goes back to pocket throws out of bounds and then Shannon calls timeout..his only one when the clock was already stopped.

batonrougesooner
12/28/2008, 12:05 PM
FAIL!

Leroy Lizard
12/28/2008, 12:07 PM
Calling a timeout after an incomplete pass is beyond stupid. Shannon's time is running out, as it should. Just keep him away from our team, that's all I ask.

BoulderSooner79
12/28/2008, 12:30 PM
The QB is a true freshman replacing a suspended player. He probably had very little hurry-up practice and looked lost out there. I'm sure Shannon knew he would be hosed if it came down to the last minute when he suspended the the other player. He had to call the last timeout because even though the game clock was stopped at :12, the play clock was running and the QB was not understanding the signals. He only had time for 2 plays, so he used the timeout to call them both. The 1st play was the only one that made sense the whole drive (a pass long enough to get the 1st, but the receiver dropped it). I'm sure they would have spiked it had it been complete. The last play had to go the end zone, but the QB didn't know how to buy time with a 3 man rush.

My fear is that the discipline thing will pay off and Harris looked pretty cool for a freshman when he wasn't under clock pressure. They will be a challenge when we meet them at their place:eek:

stoops the eternal pimp
12/28/2008, 12:44 PM
He also took 35 seconds to get a snap off....it would have been better to take the 5 yards than waste the timeout where he did..or took it at the 48 second mark when it was obvious there was communication problems..

If he is the backup quarterback, he should have had enough practice snaps from the beginning of the season to now to have half a clue on running a two minute offense...

From what I have seen of Shannon, I hope he is still their coach when ou faces them...And that the Harris kid and his slow awkward throwing motion is their quarterback

soonerinabilene
12/28/2008, 12:54 PM
That was the worst two minutes of football ive seen all year, and that includes watching Auburn play.

Curly Bill
12/28/2008, 02:56 PM
Randy Shannon = FAIL