PDA

View Full Version : OU Defense Blurbs

Readyfor8
12/27/2008, 02:56 PM
It is carrying on to other sports now. So I'm going to start an OU Defense Blurbs thread where I will post (and I hope you join me) blurbs I think the OU Football Team should have as bulletin board material.

This one was just over the line.

From the ESPN Basketball Page... Big XII Notes...
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=oneil_dana&id=3790420
Strangest score: Texas Tech 167, East Central 115. Apparently Bob Stoops and Gary Pinkel were calling the defenses.

I hope our Football team is reading this, I know I'm ready to shut these people up.

SoonerBoognish
12/27/2008, 03:03 PM
Well, in defense of that comment, if Stoops did coach an awful basketball team's defense, i'm not sure they would be that good. Mostly due to the awfulness. Fortunately, he coaches football, so i think we're ok.

ClintonSooner
12/27/2008, 03:09 PM
Well, in defense of that comment, if Stoops did coach an awful basketball team's defense, i'm not sure they would be that good. Mostly due to the awfulness. Fortunately, he coaches football, so i think we're ok.

Ummm, ok..... what?:confused:
So this is a football thread or do I need to put down the blunt?:texan:

SoonerBoognish
12/27/2008, 03:12 PM
Strangest score: Texas Tech 167, East Central 115. Apparently Bob Stoops and Gary Pinkel were calling the defenses. (Basketball score)

That's what i was referring to. And East Central has a bad basketball team.

IBleedCrimson
12/27/2008, 03:38 PM
everyone knows that capel consults stoops for bball advice, and vice versa. i thought that was common knowledge ;)

cheezyq
12/27/2008, 04:04 PM
I, for one, am shocked that ESPN would say something disparaging the Sooners. Shocked, I tell you.

Toronto Sooner
12/27/2008, 05:41 PM
I've come across this lady's comments before (in recent weeks). She must be Mack Brown's cousin or something, as I vividly remember her comments about how Oklahoma doesn't deserve to be where they are, and how Texas got ripped off. As such, this cheap (and classless) comment about Bob Stoops doesn't surprise me at all. She appears to be the female version of Mark May. She should get together with Mark May and have some alien looking babies. If they are lucky then perhaps their babies will only be as retarded as Forrest Gump.

Dan Thompson
12/27/2008, 05:53 PM
The media has to make some "off" comments to get the readers to respond.

What if no one e-mailed or called? It just feeds the source.

SimpleBrent
12/27/2008, 07:27 PM
It's cheap and classless because she's hacking on the wrong person, not because she's wrong. Now if she'd said Brent....

Readyfor8
12/27/2008, 08:07 PM
It's cheap and classless because she's hacking on the wrong person, not because she's wrong. Now if she'd said Brent....

She would still be wrong, and it would still be the wrong sport. By the way, way to bag on a coach in his 4th national championship game. You stay classy Simple Brent. Stay classy.

oupride
12/27/2008, 08:16 PM
One of my best friends is a UT fan, and you know what? She gets it. She says Mack should stop whinin afterall they DID lose to Tech!

IronHorseSooner
12/28/2008, 11:14 AM
One of my best friends is a UT fan, and you know what? She gets it. She says Mack should stop whinin afterall they DID lose to Tech!

I work with a Whorn who says the same thing. He's still mad about it, but he says that they should just move on. As Bri once said, we just need to lay waste to the college football world- Conan style. We can start with FLA, and keep it going for years!!!