PDA

View Full Version : Harvin, Demps, and Rainey

Circle City Gator
12/27/2008, 11:54 AM
A lot of people here have talked about Tebow inside, and Florida's "little guys" outside. I mentioned in an earlier thread that OU's biggest challenge on defense will be in the middle, and that they will get killed if they over-pursue. Here are a few videos, with comments.

The first one is Percy Harvin (http://wwwns.com/flash/harvin.php). This is a bread and butter play. Watch Tebow and both RBs start going right, as if it were an option play. The left side of the O-line also blocks right, suckering that side of OU's defense into over-pursuit. In the meantime, the H-back and the right side of the line pull left. Tebow hands it to Percy, who cuts back. Now you see where speed makes a big difference. The tiniest brush-block by the H-back is enough for Harvin to blow past the linebacker. After that, it's a foot race. Percy Harvin will win a foot race.

Next is Jeff Demps (http://wwwns.com/flash/demps.php). Yes, he's 5'8" and less than 180 pounds. This is an inside run, though. The slot receiver goes into motion, pulling the linebacker away from the play. Demps runs to the line and finds no hole. Now the guy so many thinks is "just a sprinter, not a football player," backs away from the line and breaks outside. With his speed, he can change direction faster, and get going faster, than the other team can react. Notice, also, who leads the play and blocks the only guy in position to make the play. Yup. Tim Tebow. Then watch the tiny little move Demps makes on the corner. It's barely a shift, but with his speed, GONE.

Finally, Chris Rainey (http://wwwns.com/flash/caught.php). He, too, is a little guy. But watch the first step, and how a crease for most people is a hole for these guys. Then he makes a great move on the middle linebacker to break into the open. He does get caught by a diving cornerback, but don't expect that to happen on January 8. He was playing with a groin pull, and it is completely healed now.

I do not post this to say Florida is invulnerable, or faster than the speed of light. I merely post this for conversation, and to show how Florida's inside running game is a lot more than Tebow. Also, to show why we keep talking about speed.

Obviously, Florida's outside running game, reverses, the option, etc., sets up a lot of this. Oklahoma is going to have its hands full on the defensive side of the ball (as will Florida), and is going to have to be incredibly disciplined to deal with Florida's combination of speed inside, speed outside, Tebow's power, and a great passing attack. Just like Florida's defense against Oklahoma, it is really a case of "choose your poison."

OU_Sooners75
12/27/2008, 12:13 PM
I am not going to comment on all of those, but here:

The first one is Percy Harvin (http://wwwns.com/flash/harvin.php). This is a bread and butter play. Watch Tebow and both RBs start going right, as if it were an option play. The left side of the O-line also blocks right, suckering that side of OU's defense into over-pursuit. In the meantime, the H-back and the right side of the line pull left. Tebow hands it to Percy, who cuts back. Now you see where speed makes a big difference. The tiniest brush-block by the H-back is enough for Harvin to blow past the linebacker. After that, it's a foot race. Percy Harvin will win a foot race.
Harvin is a very quick. However, OU plays zone and is one of the most disciplined defenses I have ever seen when it comes to rush defense. It has been since Stoops arrived. Not say this will not work, but we are not South Carolina either.

Next is Jeff Demps (http://wwwns.com/flash/demps.php). Yes, he's 5'8" and less than 180 pounds. This is an inside run, though. The slot receiver goes into motion, pulling the linebacker away from the play. Demps runs to the line and finds no hole. Now the guy so many thinks is "just a sprinter, not a football player," backs away from the line and breaks outside. With his speed, he can change direction faster, and get going faster, than the other team can react. Notice, also, who leads the play and blocks the only guy in position to make the play. Yup. Tim Tebow. Then watch the tiny little move Demps makes on the corner. It's barely a shift, but with his speed, GONE.
OU plays a lot of zone, so they will not be sucking the LB away from the play.

Obviously, Florida's outside running game, reverses, the option, etc., sets up a lot of this. Oklahoma is going to have its hands full on the defensive side of the ball (as will Florida), and is going to have to be incredibly disciplined to deal with Florida's combination of speed inside, speed outside, Tebow's power, and a great passing attack. Just like Florida's defense against Oklahoma, it is really a case of "choose your poison."

Thing you need to realize. We have one of the best defensive minds in the nation (Stoops) helping with the game plan agaisnt this Florida team.

OU has faced spread option teams. Sure none of the have The Messiah playing for them, but we have faced some very comparable players, like Booger Daniel, Colt McCoy, Zac Robinson, Robert Griffin, and Josh Freeman.

Trust me when I say this, OU will be prepared for what Florida's offense runs. The players seem more focused and ready to prove something to the world.

Now what is Florida going to do with OU's speed on offense? Not just running speed, but the game speed as well? Florida lives and dies off of subs and as long as OU does not sub they can keep Florida from subbing as well.

soonerspudman
12/27/2008, 12:16 PM
Thanks for posting, but I couldn't really see anything, whoever got the ball was just a blur, as if the video frame rate couldn't even keep up.

But seriously, no offense to UF, they have a good offense, but all three of these video was more an example of awful defense, (but, but, how can that be? They're SEC defenses!!!) I understand your point, OU can't make these kinds of mistakes ala last year's Fiesta Bowl, but that wouldn't matter who we were playing...

sozo
12/27/2008, 12:21 PM
Has this guy seen any film of OUR offense?

fadada1
12/27/2008, 12:23 PM
Has this guy seen any film of OUR offense?
OUR OFFENSE DOESN'T RUN TRACK!!!!

tulsaoilerfan
12/27/2008, 12:28 PM
Funny how they say we are obsessed with their speed and won't let it die, yet they keep bringing it up;)

sozo
12/27/2008, 12:30 PM
OUR OFFENSE DOESN'T RUN TRACK!!!!
:O Sorry,I forgot.We just score!:)

tulsaoilerfan
12/27/2008, 12:40 PM
All this bs talk about our weak defense is really starting to **** me off; we started 9 different players on Defense late in the year that didn't start in the Big 12 title game last year, and now that they have 13 games under their belt i have seen many good things over the last 6 weeks that make me think we can slow down the Gators just enough to win this game.

I don't give a rats *** how many we give up as long as we score 1 more than they do, and i think our offense will put up enough points to win this game

Circle City Gator
12/27/2008, 01:22 PM
Sigh. Why bother? Sorry folks, I was trying to start an actual conversation. The point was just in response to so many assuming Tebow was the entire inside game.

BTW, nowhere above did I say anything about Oklahoma having an weak defense, so if you're getting ***d off, the problem comes from you, not me.

As for Stoops, yeah, I know he's a great defensive coach. He was our DC in '96 when we won the National Championship.

Yes, I have seen your offense, and as I stated above, it is excellent. Is there some rule here that the only offense we can talk about is OUs? Are you really under the delusion that Florida's offense isn't going to get to play, that the whole game will be your offense vs. our defense?

Sorry again, folks. I though there were some people here interested in talking football, rather than just waxing poetic about the magic that is OU's offense. My mistake.

adoniijahsooner
12/27/2008, 01:30 PM
The videos you just posted is the exact same thing that happened to us in the Fiesta Bowl last year; and I personally believe the defense will be disciplined and not over pursue like they did in that game. Stoops and Venebles are dissecting these very plays and will be ready. Truth be told if those guys are getting to the second level untouched, then we will have issues all night long.

My Opinion Matters
12/27/2008, 01:59 PM
ZOMG! They have the inside draw in their playbook!!!WE'RE DOOMED!!!1!!

These Gators crack me up.

oupride
12/27/2008, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the post

SoonerInFla
12/27/2008, 02:21 PM
Every time I turn around somebody is talking about the speed of UF. This concerns me. I'm taking my camera to the game and it says not to point at any bright lights like the sun. When one of them Gators takes off, is there gonna be like a sonic boom coming out there *** with bright flash? I really don't want to damage my camera.

Partial Qualifier
12/27/2008, 02:35 PM
What I see in those videos is an offense that will make a defense pay if it's not gap-sound. And athletes who can turn what should be an 8 yard gain into much more.

Your OC will test our middle all game long, as he should. If we had a weakness on defense, you'd have to assume the middle would be it, but we'll see. Some games we've looked very vulnerable there; others not so much, especially late in the season. If Box ain't 100% and we're playing MLB by committee, who knows. I fully expect the Florida OC to test us there early & often.

starclassic tama
12/27/2008, 02:56 PM
good thing we have the most physical secondary in the country. AND they have blazing speed. we need those guys to tackle well (which they always have) and we should be able to shut down florida's run attack.

Collier11
12/27/2008, 03:33 PM
I think Stoops and BV will have our guys ready to play good sound fundamental D...having said that, those of you who are acting like our "disciplined zone D" didnt get sucked into those exact type plays againt Boise and WV have too short of a memory...those are the type of plays that have killed us in the past few bowl games

cheezyq
12/27/2008, 03:59 PM
Can we just place all the Gator troll threads in the All New Soonerfans.com Track and Field forum? I'm tired of going to the football forum to read a football-related thread, but instead getting something about track and field.

delhalew
12/27/2008, 04:06 PM
Sigh. Why bother? Sorry folks, I was trying to start an actual conversation. The point was just in response to so many assuming Tebow was the entire inside game.

BTW, nowhere above did I say anything about Oklahoma having an weak defense, so if you're getting ***d off, the problem comes from you, not me.

As for Stoops, yeah, I know he's a great defensive coach. He was our DC in '96 when we won the National Championship.

Yes, I have seen your offense, and as I stated above, it is excellent. Is there some rule here that the only offense we can talk about is OUs? Are you really under the delusion that Florida's offense isn't going to get to play, that the whole game will be your offense vs. our defense?

Sorry again, folks. I though there were some people here interested in talking football, rather than just waxing poetic about the magic that is OU's offense. My mistake.

I'll tell you I sure appreciate the video and your trying to spur an actual discussion. Maybe you just should not have referenced Floridas "speed" 10 TIMES in that one post.

cheezyq
12/27/2008, 04:10 PM

When you want to talk football instead of track, let us know.

Circle City Gator
12/27/2008, 04:24 PM
When you want to talk football instead of track, let us know.

The guys in those videos were playing football.

Blitzkrieg
12/27/2008, 04:29 PM
Interesting videos, some of the older sooners might recognize some of thos eplays, we ran them out of the wishbone to some "limited" success in the 70's. What we found with that offense is that it dominated opponents for two reasons.

First and foremost, our players were usually better than their players.
Second, with a week to get ready for it, it was a tough assignment to get drilled into the defense.

The times we struggled were against fast defenses that had time to prepare for our unique style of play. Granted, whatever we did for the Fiesta bowl last year failed miserably, but that was a unique situation as all past games are. I like the fact that even with some gator success, OU can likely still outscore florida in a shootout.

You will like Travis Lewis #28 on our defense. Clayton #22 as well, both pass the eye test, Clayton is just starting to come around, Lewis has been at a higher level since opening day, this being his frosh year. We can hit just a tad, and run a bit to boot. We have been a big play defense all year, so Harvin and Co will get some highlight plays. My question really centers on the other side of the ball, and to me is the real game deciding matchup.

KC//CRIMSON
12/27/2008, 04:32 PM
Now you see where speed makes a big difference.

You also see where a bunch of mis-tackles makes an even bigger difference.

Iam4OUru
12/27/2008, 04:41 PM
What I see in those videos is an offense that will make a defense pay if it's not gap-sound. And athletes who can turn what should be an 8 yard gain into much more.

Nuff said right there. If we play gap assignment football on defense....we'll be just fine with the few athletes we have....:eek:

OU_Sooners75
12/27/2008, 04:57 PM

Stop getting your panties in a bunch.

We Sooner fans in general are a knowledgeable football group of people. We are well aware of what Florida brings as far as offense.

The fact remains though. Where Tebow goes so does the offense. If he is struggling, so is the Gator Offense.

It is true, he is a very little part of the inside rushing for the Gators, but he is also their leading rusher when it comes to carries and touchdowns. If you disrupt Tebow and his flow for the game, you disrupt the entire offense.

As far as the videos that you shared with us. They really show more bad defense and position than what the backs and wrs are capable of.

Circle City Gator
12/27/2008, 05:00 PM
You also see where a bunch of mis-tackles makes an even bigger difference.

There is a big difference between missed tackles and making people miss. But yes, Oklahoma can't miss tackles against Florida's runners, and can't over-pursue. That, I believe, was the point of the post.

OU_Sooners75
12/27/2008, 05:02 PM
I think Stoops and BV will have our guys ready to play good sound fundamental D...having said that, those of you who are acting like our "disciplined zone D" didnt get sucked into those exact type plays againt Boise and WV have too short of a memory...those are the type of plays that have killed us in the past few bowl games

What killed us in the those games were not getting sucked in. It was bad tackling and poor defense overall.

The BSU game what killed us was a hook and ladder and a statue of liberty.

Against WVU it was the fact that WVU offense was able to do whatever they wanted when they wanted too. Run or pass.

Unlike those two games we are playing with a defense that has no real big names right now and that they are gelling as a unit this year. Last few years selfishness and injuries killed us. This year we are unselfish and injured, but it seems our defense is better, even though the numbers do not back that claim.

OU_Sooners75
12/27/2008, 05:12 PM
There is a big difference between missed tackles and making people miss. But yes, Oklahoma can't miss tackles against Florida's runners, and can't over-pursue. That, I believe, was the point of the post.

Can you please point me in the right direction then? The three plays you shared does not show any of the 3 making people miss. It does show bad defense and bad angles, but it doesn't have any jukes, spins or anything else. Unless you want to talk about the 2nd one. Where the RB took the handl off, stopped right before running into his OLineman, and bounced it outside. All he did was use his speed vs a dlineman to elude him and then out run the rest of the defense to the EndZone.

Here is a video of making people miss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rJ1xDBT1jM

PDXsooner
12/27/2008, 05:16 PM
Actually, I don't think you wanted to talk football. I think you wanted us to watch the videos and say "Gosh, they are so fast" and "Man, we'll never be able to stop that" -- Guess what, Gator? It ain't happening.

Now shuffle back to your swamp and proceed to giving your team a collective hand job Just don't be surprised when you're down 21-3 at the end of the 1st quarter.

tulsaoilerfan
12/27/2008, 07:25 PM
Nuff said right there. If we play gap assignment football on defense....we'll be just fine with the few athletes we have....:eek:

We have athletes? No way

Soonerman08
12/27/2008, 08:04 PM
A lot of people here have talked about Tebow inside, and Florida's "little guys" outside. I mentioned in an earlier thread that OU's biggest challenge on defense will be in the middle, and that they will get killed if they over-pursue. Here are a few videos, with comments.

Finally, Chris Rainey (http://wwwns.com/flash/caught.php). He, too, is a little guy. But watch the first step, and how a crease for most people is a hole for these guys. Then he makes a great move on the middle linebacker to break into the open. He does get caught by a diving cornerback, but don't expect that to happen on January 8. He was playing with a groin pull, and it is completely healed now.

I do not post this to say Florida is invulnerable, or faster than the speed of light. I merely post this for conversation, and to show how Florida's inside running game is a lot more than Tebow. Also, to show why we keep talking about speed.

A lot of people have talked about Sam Bradford, but there is more to the Oklahoma O than Sam Bradford.

First Sam Bradford may line up under center after not huddling and then he will look to the sideline and then he may back into the shotgun and have Brown line up next to him. Then the ball will snap into Bradford's hands and he will fake a hand-off to the halfback and then he will heave a deep pass down the middle to our Tight End Jermaine Gresham which will have 3 Florida DBs running circles around him because they are "faster than anything Oklahoma has ever seen" but Gresham will still catch the ball. He will then proceed to drag the Florida Safety and two LBers down the field with him into the end zone.

Then on the next offensive possession, Bradford is back under center and he will do a toss sweep to Mosis Madu who will then be dropped for a 40 yard loss since the Florida players have jets for legs. So now it is 2nd and 40. Bradford lines up in an empty back set and does a quick inside screen to Ryan Broyles who spins his way out of a tackle (which would have been for a 1 yard gain) and then cuts downfield for a 25 yard gain. (We were able to accomplish this because Greshman plowed 2 defenders downfield).

The point here is to out-muscle the competition with our strength and conditioning. Let Florida use their "speed" until they wear themselves out.

But of course why are we even going to try and compete? We don't stand a chance according to most everyone. ;)

RacerX
12/27/2008, 09:05 PM
DOOMED!!!!

Crucifax Autumn
12/27/2008, 09:42 PM
Interesting videos, some of the older sooners might recognize some of thos eplays, we ran them out of the wishbone to some "limited" success in the 70's.

Yeah, but when we ran those plays we didn't have these guys:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/ulijon/rrspeedy1.jpg

gatorsownu2
12/27/2008, 10:14 PM
Helped Santa deliver presents this year!:D :D :D :D :D

KC//CRIMSON
12/27/2008, 11:24 PM
Helped Santa deliver presents this year!:D :D :D :D :D

And just like Santa, your speed dominance is fictional too......

Collier11
12/28/2008, 03:24 AM
What killed us in the those games were not getting sucked in. It was bad tackling and poor defense overall.

The BSU game what killed us was a hook and ladder and a statue of liberty.

In the Boise game, the hook and ladder was a direct result of Lendy Holmes and others getting sucked in...BV called the perfect play and the players went out of their lanes

Jmorales22
12/28/2008, 03:33 AM
I think Circle City is trying to just talk x and o here, not flame...

Those videos are nice, but there really aren't any videos out there on youtube of those same plays going for -2 yards either.

No doubt UF's offense has got some good stuff, and can be hard to prepare for. It requires a lot of discipline and also will come down in many cases to the point of attack. I have no doubt they'll win their fair share of battles against our D. What I like about our O in contrast to florida's wishbone type or a TT type is that it's very dynamic...doesn't rely as much on the defense making mistakes and pretty much is about execution. Still our discipline on D hasn't always been the best this year. Can't wait to see if our D is up to the challenge against Florida.

BoomerSooner3
12/28/2008, 04:38 AM
Trust me when I say this, OU will be prepared for what Florida's offense runs.

I hope you are right, but our recent defensive displays against BSU, WVU, and USC leave me wondering.

Crucifax Autumn
12/28/2008, 05:22 AM
True enough, but I agree with the idea that we'll be ready and waiting for their plays. They aren't exactly unpredictable

catsigater
12/28/2008, 05:45 AM
What I like about our O in contrast to florida's wishbone type or a TT type is that it's very dynamic...doesn't rely as much on the defense making mistakes and pretty much is about execution.

I think that's a little bit of a misconception. It's similar to folks saying UF runs a lot of "gimmick" plays. They don't.

Meyer's scheme doesn't rely on the defense making mistakes - at least no more than any other well-coached team who tries to exploit errors by the opponent.

In the passing game, it relies on creating mismatches in the secondary - something OU does also - but it's designed to something else as well, especially with the running game, and that's to get leverage.

Here's a good analysis from someone who isn't a homer.

Meyer's schemes are not tricky, nor are they original. But they are sound.

When you block a front, you do not send your linemen -- however big, and however talented -- to just fly out to hit a guy to try and hopelessly make him go where he does not want to.

Instead, you put your kids in position to win. You use double teams. You "trap" defenders who rush hard upfield. You use lead-blockers in a way to give your runner a two-way go that he can win every time. And you option off defenders to make them wrong, every time.

Football is still a game about power, strength, and quickness, but it's always better to be smart about how to focus that power, strength, and quickness where it is most likely to be successful.

If the old running offenses of yesteryear, in reflecting earlier times, were like punishing boxers who engaged in matches where the biggest and strongest won, then offenses like Johnson's and Meyer's, in reflecting their times, are like martial arts: without sacrificing either strength or power.

They punish you but also use speed, quickness, and cleverness to hit you where you do not expect and probe to find your weak spots, and to exploit them, without mercy.

http://smartfootball.blogspot.com/2008/12/florida-gatorurban-meyer-offense.html

Here's some more video that shows the running game. And these aren't highlights, so you will see plays that went for little or no gain, but if you're an Xs and Os type, they hold a lot of good info for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10npou2LW90

Crucifax Autumn
12/28/2008, 05:50 AM
I see a defensive line and linebackers playing like they have no clue.

catsigater
12/28/2008, 06:08 AM
I see a defensive line and linebackers playing like they have no clue.

Then you saw what I saw.

Crucifax Autumn
12/28/2008, 06:14 AM
So you admit that it was the defense of the other team having no clue as opposed to the offense being so unstoppable? I agree.

We're gonna stuff flowerda.

Crucifax Autumn
12/28/2008, 06:14 AM
and on another note: When do you sleep? lol

Crucifax Autumn
12/28/2008, 06:16 AM
and I can't resist... the answer to my question must be Florida speed!

Toronto Sooner
12/28/2008, 10:44 AM
I tuned into the Alabama game to get a glance at this vaunted gator running game. What I saw was a bunch of Florida running backs being continually stuffed at the line - IMO, Bama would have easily won that game if they were a better balanced team and if they had even a semi-decent quarterback (not even a good one or a decent one, even a 4th stringer from any team in the Big 12 would do). Don't get me wrong, I recognize I'm sounding extremely negative, but I'm not actually trying to be. It's just that the running game didn't look much better than the 0-12 Washington Huskies running game, never mind being the bread and butter for a team participating in the National Championship game - I was just expecting a lot more. Demps and Rainey were not impressive in that game at all. Do you know what went wrong? I know that Harvin was out, but injuries happen all the time to the most key players on many teams, just ask Bob Stoops (and our trainer). I know you mentioned that Rainey is not feeling 100%, but I didn't see any other backs stepping up like C. Brown and M. Madu did/does for Oklahoma. Are you concerned about that, or do you feel that Rainey and Harvin will be back close to 100% for the big game. By the way, what is the lastest on Harvin? Any guesses as to how effective he might be if he plays like say at 85%? Doesn't he have to be almost 100% to be effective due to his type of game?

fossil
12/28/2008, 12:03 PM
Is there some rule here that the only offense we can talk about is OUs?

:D Ummmm......this is, after all, an OU football board. We like to talk about our offense.

soonerfan28
12/28/2008, 12:10 PM
Personally I'm not worried about anybody other then Tebow running on the inside. The holes won't be there long enough for even those speedy guys to get through them. I think this may be the best due of CB's that we've had since Strait and Thompson and they are both pretty good tacklers and they will cover the sweeps. The only thing that worries me about Florida's offense is the screens and maybe the reverse because we when you are a speedy defense you have a tendency to overpursue.

catsigater
12/28/2008, 12:14 PM
So you admit that it was the defense of the other team having no clue as opposed to the offense being so unstoppable? I agree.

We're gonna stuff flowerda.

No, I agreed with you that we made the #4 rushing defense look like they had no clue, while gaining 180% of the rushing yardage they allow on average. As I posted earlier, that's what a spread option attack is designed to do when it's executed properly.

Ok, that was a little twisty. If you need clarification, I've got some orange and blue glasses that will help you see my point. ;)

If Harvin's 90% or better, we'll have at least 200 yds against OU. That should be plenty.

As far as when I sleep. I've got a deadline I have to meet tomorrow, so I'm downing the 5 hour energy and working between posts.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/28/2008, 12:15 PM
good thread CC...

Dr. Jelly Finger
12/28/2008, 12:16 PM
Can run in a circular motion, creating a tornado with a magnitude of EF - eleventy billion, which is obviously not mentioned on the Fujita scale. Once over water, the HDR hurricane will be formed, laying waste to the entire planet and sucking liquid hot magma from the earth's core.

H,D & R refer to this obliteration of the planet as a slow Tuesday.

The End

Jmorales22
12/28/2008, 04:39 PM
I think that's a little bit of a misconception. It's similar to folks saying UF runs a lot of "gimmick" plays. They don't.

Meyer's scheme doesn't rely on the defense making mistakes - at least no more than any other well-coached team who tries to exploit errors by the opponent.

In the passing game, it relies on creating mismatches in the secondary - something OU does also - but it's designed to something else as well, especially with the running game, and that's to get leverage.

Here's a good analysis from someone who isn't a homer.

Here's some more video that shows the running game. And these aren't highlights, so you will see plays that went for little or no gain, but if you're an Xs and Os type, they hold a lot of good info for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10npou2LW90

Yeah, I've read those smartfootball things about UF. I think I mentioned that the point of attack is critical, but there's also really an aspect of misdirection in those plays we saw. In one case the guy was stopped at the LOS and the play should have been over. We saw a defensive breakdown in discipline which allowed those plays to happen. Gap responsibility is key. Their offense is likened to the wishbone in that it uses great athletes but it's also about making you pay when you mess up. Look at what Georiga Tech did to Miami and to Georgia this year and that's the same kind of thing.

Our preparation for an offense like that makes me worry, because of how bad we handled it against WVU last year. I know Tebow is not fast like Pat White, and we had a bunch of guys out, so hopefully that will make a difference. But Noel Devine also burned us a few times on his own.

Our offense on the other hand depends on great protection, receivers beating their guys one on one, and hat on a hat in the running game. Sometimes we run stretch plays and let the RB pick a hole to run through also.