PDA

View Full Version : Article comparing Bradford and Tebow in NFL categories

SPuL
12/26/2008, 02:08 PM
didn't see it posted, so my bad if it's a repost.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-sportsfbctebowbox23122308dec23,0,6460672.story

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/26/2008, 02:13 PM
i don't know dude. according to the gators, bradford doesn't have a good arm...

Curly Bill
12/26/2008, 02:14 PM
i don't know dude. according to the gators, bradford doesn't have a good arm...

...and he doesn't run a sub 4.3 40. :(

Scott D
12/26/2008, 02:23 PM
Footwork
Both of these quarterbacks operate under the shotgun in spread-offense formations, so it's not fair to compare until they take snaps in a pro-style offense. But Tebow might have the advantage here because he's shown he can deal with pressure, throw on the run and make completions with defenders draped over him. Bradford seems to have 68 seconds per down to operate.

— Tie

This section is probably the only real flaw in the assessment. One of these two quarterbacks has taken snaps in a pro-style offense. The same one has dealt with some pressure, had to make a few throws on the run, and apparently has over 1 minute per down to figure out who to throw it to.

Not saying Tebow can't take a snap from under center, but he probably hasn't done so since pee-wee.

instigator
12/26/2008, 02:43 PM
I could not care much less about these type of articles, but I like this one.

Athleticism
At 6 feet 3, 240 pounds and with a powerful running style, Tebow has the NFL body that has enticed some teams to entertain the thought of his eventual conversion to tight end or H-back.

— Advantage, Tebow

So NFL teams will want you to convert to a tight end and that makes you a better pro prospect? :)

sooneron
12/26/2008, 02:47 PM
I could not care much less about these type of articles, but I like this one.

So NFL teams will want you to convert to a tight end and that makes you a better pro prospect? :)

Paging Matt Jones ...

ClintonSooner
12/26/2008, 02:52 PM
IMO Sam runs an NFL style offense.... spread but we do a lot of under center 1 tight and occasionally 2 tight offenses... UF runs Wildcats and shotgun more often than not so I would give the nod to Sam based on offensive types

cheezyq
12/26/2008, 02:59 PM
Tebow = Byron Leftwich according to this analysis. Those are all things they said about Leftwich when he came out. Tough competitors, strong, good leaders (in college), fairly accurate, slow throwing motion with a long windup.

My Opinion Matters
12/26/2008, 03:28 PM
Tebow = Byron Leftwich according to this analysis. Those are all things they said about Leftwich when he came out. Tough competitors, strong, good leaders (in college), fairly accurate, slow throwing motion with a long windup.

Except Leftwich has a Howitzer for a throwing arm. Tebow...not so much.

adoniijahsooner
12/26/2008, 03:36 PM
Complete crap, and the reason people are gonna be surprised when Bradford or this particular OU team doesnt wilt under pressure, it's because bradford is the unquestioned leader of this team.

Leadership

Tebow puts teams on his back. Bradford doesn't have to. Tebow is accountable, he sets examples in practice and he even predicts the future (see speech after Ole Miss loss).

— Advantage, Tebow

L-Boy
12/26/2008, 08:03 PM
didn't see it posted, so my bad if it's a repost.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-sportsfbctebowbox23122308dec23,0,6460672.story

Interesting article, thanks for posting. I really don't have a problem with it, except for the implication that Tebow is not accurate. Looking at the number, Bradford does have a slight edge in accuracy, so not disputing that. While I am sure Tebow has missed some balls, he is the most accurate passer than I recall in UF history. Most of his throws are right on the money, and he has only 2 interceptions all seasons. Also, yes the balls do flutter, but they still have plenty of juice on them.

I am not going to second guess NFL scouts, Bradford may be a better pro prospect, but what is good pro is does not translate exactly to college. Danny Wuerffel was a better college QB than Manning, but at the pro level there was no comparison.

VA Sooner
12/26/2008, 08:09 PM
So much changes at the next level.

oupride
12/26/2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the post

yermom
12/26/2008, 08:17 PM
statistically, i don't see the problems with Tebow. granted, i haven't watched him play that much, but i would think he could play in Miami in their crazy offense

people keep talking about him being "run first" but his numbers don't match that. Colt has more rushing yards and touchdowns this year, and he's not "run first"

stoopified
12/26/2008, 08:23 PM
I will NEVER understand why the media and for that matter everyone else outside of the Sooner Nation queswtions Bradford and his leadership skills.Apparently you have to give a ranting and raving emotional speech to your team after losing at home to a borderline Top 25 team.Oh yeah then you have to crank up the FU media machine to publicize that leadership speech.Sam has somehow managed to lead OU to the NC game against FU after losing to #5 UT.

Obviously leading your team to SEVEN staraight victories,leading your offense to 45,58 and SIX straight games of 60+ points takes little leadership.Sam incidentally using his meager leadership skills to lead OU to three straight blowout wins over Top 25 competition as OU rolled Texas Tech(#2 at the time,now #7),oSu(#11 at the time,now #14), and Missou(#21 then,#23 now).The experts are CLEARLY right,Sam is just a shadow of Teabag as a leader.

Teabag and the Crocs are going down!

Sooner70
12/26/2008, 08:48 PM
I was kinda surprised at the outright way Tebow got the nod in the article in Leadership/Poise, but that may because of seniority & his play in big games. Stoops touts Bradford's quiet leadership & poise,and Stoops doesn't hand out compliments lightly. Bradford is cool under pressure, but of course with his OL, he can afford to be.

Cappy
12/27/2008, 01:38 AM
people keep talking about him being "run first" but his numbers don't match that. Colt has more rushing yards and touchdowns this year, and he's not "run first"

I think they consider Tebow run first, because on option plays, alot of the times he doesn't seem to pitch it, or there are plays that are called for him to keep. Not saying it is right, just sayin...

adoniijahsooner
12/27/2008, 11:28 AM
Another thing on bradfords leadership, i am sure all OU fans remember when Malcolm kelly was sulking during last years Colorado game, and sam chastised him and said people are looking at you, so cut the ****.

OU_Sooners75
12/27/2008, 11:56 AM
statistically, i don't see the problems with Tebow. granted, i haven't watched him play that much, but i would think he could play in Miami in their crazy offense

Florida has rushed the ball 411 times. Tebow leads the team in carries with 154. Tebow has only thrown the ball 268 times.

So in otherwords, Tebow has had complete control of the play 422 times. over 36% of the time, he ran the ball....either by choosing or by design.

This is not suggesting a run first, but it is showing he leads the team in rushes (Chris Rainey is the leading RB with 83 carries).

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2008/Internet/ranking_summary/2008000000235rush.html

FTR, McCoy has 26 less carries and 12 yards more. Colt also has 2 less Rushing TDs than Tebow.