PDA

View Full Version : A Florida fan watched us play every game...

adoniijahsooner
12/26/2008, 07:31 AM
the last 4 years, and listen to his tone compared to the people who just read stats. I found this thread up on gatorcountry.

http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/showthread.php?t=89524

soonermix
12/26/2008, 08:06 AM
i don't know i'd call that a thread fair
it sounded like there were some knowledgeable fans with fair points and the dude that posted that you said watched us play every game as a drunken me can recall said he doesn't know who to pick so as i typey type why am i here ?

adoniijahsooner
12/26/2008, 08:32 AM
i don't know i'd call that a thread fair
it sounded like there were some knowledgeable fans with fair points and the dude that posted that you said watched us play every game as a drunken me can recall said he doesn't know who to pick so as i typey type why am i here ?

take a nap.:)

soonermix
12/26/2008, 08:36 AM
good plan :D

boomersooner28
12/26/2008, 08:38 AM
I'm not quite sure how to "listen for the tone" when I'm reading. ;)

I need more skooling. :)

soonermix
12/26/2008, 08:42 AM
I'm not quite sure how to "listen for the tone" when I'm reading. ;)

I need more skooling. :)

keep reading you'll get it

whether you get the intended "tone" or not is not guarenteed by the sponsers of this thread of any of its associated partners

SoonerBacker
12/26/2008, 09:01 AM
"How do they match up "speed wise" with UF???" :rolleyes:

The basic gator argument surfaces once again..............

We're doomed, I tell you! We're doomed!!!!

adoniijahsooner
12/26/2008, 09:29 AM
thats all they got.

sooner518
12/26/2008, 09:37 AM
he says that Stafford is a similar QB to Bradford
FAIL!

soonervegas
12/26/2008, 10:14 AM
I am losing the feeling it is going to be a close game. They are either 100% right or it is going to be 4 hours of stunned gator images from Fox.

tomtom
12/26/2008, 10:28 AM
If speed wins football games, then recuriters would go to high school
track teams to get players.

adoniijahsooner
12/26/2008, 10:58 AM
I am losing the feeling it is going to be a close game. They are either 100% right or it is going to be 4 hours of stunned gator images from Fox.

I agree, because it is no way possible that they can be that wrong unless they are delusional, or we are wearing crimson colored glasses, and just want to believe FLorida isnt going to run past us all night long.

fadada1
12/26/2008, 11:03 AM
FAIL!

i thought that was a typo. apparently he was serious.

oupride
12/26/2008, 12:56 PM
thanks for the post

GottaHavePride
12/26/2008, 01:10 PM
Actually, some of them were saying Stafford is a BETTER qb than Sam, because Sam "never makes it past his first read".

Some of those guys are idiots.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/26/2008, 01:19 PM
I think Stafford is better at throwing to his WRs than Bradford due to a stronger arm. However, the real challenge in defending Bradford is more with the use of the TE and RBs in the passing game. The TE and RB only make up a very small portion of Georgia's passing game. I think will see a lot of zone blitzing from the Gators in order to disrupt what OU likes to due. Florida has the athletes to do this Scheme better than the other teams that have tried. OU's best bet is to throw on first down since we always gameplan to stop the run first. I don't think we can get consistent pressure just rushing our down four. I'm interested to see who we put on Gresham.

when i see things like this i just die a little inside, especially when the poster's name is coach. i seem to forget jeff george being the greatest QB eva. sam is crazy good because he hits receivers in stride, its also why our offensive totals are so high. the sooner who said that lendy holmes is the fastest guy in the conference makes me wonder if he was a letters major.

the only thing that i agree with them on is that our linebackers are weak. where we disagree is that they think they have no talent, i think they are inconsistent. none of us have any idea whether the 3 of them are going to go out and play timid or come up with 33 tackles and 2 FF, which have happened at various times through the season against myriad competition.

Flagstaffsooner
12/26/2008, 01:49 PM
The last time we got cocky like this, well, Nebraska kicked our ***...Careful people we are playing a very dangerous game... I hate all this cockiness....Makes me feel uncomfortable...maybe that is the ole Gator in me...I have seen some match ups that we should have caked walked and we didn't.
Just say...... Go Gators
Been there, done that.:D

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/26/2008, 01:52 PM
people they remind you of...

QB - bradford - josh heupel - better arm strength, better accuracy, less knack with putting the ball in the perfect spot, less accuracy with the deep ball

WRs -

iglesias - clayton/welker - better speed, better acceleration, worse route running, worse hands, not clutch

manny johnson - curtis fagan - fast, steady, caught everything before the arm injury, has a knack for the jailbreak screen

ryan broyles - wes welker/mark clayton - freshman, so he tends to disappear from games. if he gets going early, watch out

quentin chaney - josh norman - tall, great blocker, gets open, catches a few a game, solid

TE - jermaine gresham - post pokey state -> keith jackson - not sure what happened, but he has been playing out of this world since then. i've even saw him throw some pretty good blocks.

rb - chris brown - emmitt smith - less speed, less elusiveness - guys like chris brown annoy me to no end because normally they are playing against us. they are the guy that look like they are stopped for -2, -1, 0, 1 yard and end up spinning, dodging, stiff arming, jumping, farting ahead for 3, 4, 5, 6, or 10 yards. 195 carries and only 5 have went for negative yards.

ol - alabama - its not really a good comparison as their strength is on the edge where ours is up the middle but who watches the OL anyway?

DMAFB_Sooner08
12/26/2008, 01:58 PM
FAIL!

Bradford was also compared to Timmy Chang and Andre Ware
EPIC FAIL

SPuL
12/26/2008, 02:12 PM
why can't it be jan 8th already?

KingDavid
12/26/2008, 02:18 PM

I'm telling you. Get out your fast-frame cameras, fellas. You're going to need 10 frames/second to catch all of the stunned Gator faces.

We're going to be up by three touchdowns before halftime.

They have NO IDEA the train wreck that is about to occur.

KingDavid
12/26/2008, 02:23 PM
people they remind you of...

rb - chris brown - emmitt smith - less speed, less elusiveness - guys like chris brown annoy me to no end because normally they are playing against us. they are the guy that look like they are stopped for -2, -1, 0, 1 yard and end up spinning, dodging, stiff arming, jumping, farting ahead for 3, 4, 5, 6, or 10 yards. 195 carries and only 5 have went for negative yards.

Exactly. I think that opposing fans must feel about Chris Brown the way I felt about Ian Johnson. He looked like he should always be getting tackle for a loss . . . but he was just such a patient runner and kept churning those legs. Absolutely maddening. I'm glad we finally have one of those on our side of the ball!

Scott D
12/26/2008, 02:29 PM
man, I bet you never thought you'd say that about Quentin Chaney. :)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/26/2008, 02:32 PM
man, I bet you never thought you'd say that about Quentin Chaney. :)

or gresham for that matter...

sooneron
12/26/2008, 02:33 PM
The convincer in my mind is our offense is better than their defense.

:confused:

Is that like the decider?

adoniijahsooner
12/26/2008, 03:42 PM
Exactly. I think that opposing fans must feel about Chris Brown the way I felt about Ian Johnson. He looked like he should always be getting tackle for a loss . . . but he was just such a patient runner and kept churning those legs. Absolutely maddening. I'm glad we finally have one of those on our side of the ball!

They are reliable.

itsok
12/26/2008, 04:22 PM
Like i have said before, if Stoops becomes co defensive coordinator for this game, we win...we need to play some defense, which we are capable of doing, we have the athletes, and the O will do enough damage to win. need
a good defensive game plan and execute.
simple as that

GottaHavePride
12/26/2008, 05:49 PM
I'll be stunned if Florida's offense runs to the same effectiveness that it has so far this season. Because we all know our defense just hummed right along after Mike Stoops accepted that job in Arizona, right? Not even the slightest letdown. Nope. Not at all.

Okie35
12/26/2008, 06:12 PM
ol - alabama - its not really a good comparison as their strength is on the edge where ours is up the middle but who watches the OL anyway?

i do sometimes and the o-line are better pass blockers than bamas... i dont even think they compare to each other... while bama has the bigger line(even though our line is big too), our line is quicker on their feet... especially when they protect whenever sam rolls out

batonrougesooner
12/26/2008, 06:23 PM
All I've been seeing is arrogance from the part of the Gator fans. If this in anyway translates to their players, I think we are in for quite a treat in Miami.

Clever Trevor
12/26/2008, 06:27 PM
YOur team cannot match up with Florida's, face it.

Piware
12/26/2008, 11:52 PM
Well, congratulations on saying it first. The Gators wanted to play the NY Giants, Baltimore Ravens and Dallas Cowboys all at the same time. The NFL teams declined - they are just too fast for them. We are toast.

OUstud
12/27/2008, 01:04 AM
Bradford's like Stafford...if Stafford weighed less, didn't make stupid decisions, and could scramble a little.