PDA

View Full Version : Here's an interesting stat.

Mark_in_Tulsa
12/26/2008, 05:22 AM
Maybe this has already been mentioned, and even if it had been lets brag about it some more. :D

We lead the nation in passing TD with 49
&
We lead the nation in rushing TD with 45.

Anyone know if this has ever been done before?

Crucifax Autumn
12/26/2008, 06:54 AM
No clue without looking it up, but that's an awesome stat.

soonermix
12/26/2008, 08:20 AM
well we do hold the record for most points scored in a single season i would hope we would lead the nation in tds

so as i type and realize i am too lazy to look this up but somebody help me out and say the number of pts we need to become the all-time leading scoring team in history. we have the "modern" record but as i recall the overall record was about 765 scored in 14 games by i think harvard so that would put us 60ish away from that mark. just sayin. and while i am at it how many pts do we have to put up before the sec has THE greatest conference of all time holds no more water? kplzthx

Crucifax Autumn
12/26/2008, 09:43 AM
while i am at it how many pts do we have to put up before the sec has THE greatest conference of all time holds no more water?

We'd need about 600 for that one!

stoopified
12/26/2008, 11:28 AM
Harvard of 1887 scored 765 ,so we need 64 against Teabag and FU.

Jacie
12/26/2008, 11:43 AM
and while i am at it how many pts do we have to put up before the sec has THE greatest conference of all time holds no more water? kplzthx

I believe one more than Florida will suffice . . .

stoopified
12/26/2008, 08:01 PM
I believe one more than Florida will suffice . . .True dat

Leroy Lizard
12/26/2008, 09:03 PM
Maybe this has already been mentioned, and even if it had been lets brag about it some more.

&

We passed the record for most TDs before the Missouri game. I was the first here to announce it, and the first to have the post completely ignored. Not that I'm bitter.

Having the most rushing TDs and passing TDs simply means we were more balanced than the previous record holders.

olevetonahill
12/26/2008, 09:30 PM
I was the first here to announce it, and the first to have the post completely ignored. Not that I'm bitter.

http://www.health-in-action.org/library/pdf/Shaken%20Baby/Images/Waa%20cry%20baby2.jpg

oupride
12/26/2008, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the post

Dan Thompson
12/26/2008, 10:29 PM
What I get out of this post, is we kicked off about 98 times after scoring and about 14 or so times at the beginning of the 1st quater or the 3rd quarter.

This all means that there where about 112 kick returns of which only 5? where returned. The moral of the story is the more kick offs, the more chances for a TD on the return, ie 0.5% is not so bad.

sooner518
12/26/2008, 11:12 PM
5 out of 112 is not 0.5% its between 4 and 5%

Ground_Attack
12/26/2008, 11:21 PM
5 out of 112 is not 0.5% its between 4 and 5%

those meddlesome decimal points :D

DenverSooner751
12/26/2008, 11:53 PM
Maybe this has already been mentioned, and even if it had been lets brag about it some more. :D

&

Anyone know if this has ever been done before?

It is an awesome stat, but it doesn't mean anything, we're not as fast as florida so we might as well have won all of our games 2-0 this year.

cheezyq
12/27/2008, 12:59 AM
Here's my favorite stat:

We scored 35.6 PPG in the first half...nearly 2/3 of our total PPG. Kinda kills the idea that we ever ran up the score. Also, that would be enough to put us at 18th in scoring. Imagine if we had decided to keep the pedal to the metal in the 2nd half and DID decide to run up the score.

catsigater
12/27/2008, 01:15 AM
Here's my favorite stat:

We scored 35.6 PPG in the first half...nearly 2/3 of our total PPG. Kinda kills the idea that we ever ran up the score. Also, that would be enough to put us at 18th in scoring. Imagine if we had decided to keep the pedal to the metal in the 2nd half and DID decide to run up the score.

Why are some Sooner fans so sensitive about the RUTS issue? OU clearly ran up the score against TTU and MU.

Doesn't take away from your accomplishments.

Doesn't make you bad.

Sometimes it's just a necessary part of getting to the BCS, and that's exactly why Stoops had Bradford slinging the ball late in the 3rd and then in the 4th when OU was up 52-14 against TTU.

Just accept it and move on.

We Gators got over worrying about that kind of stuff in the 90s. Heck, it's kind of fun once you accept it. Like the Head Ball Coach used to say, "It's the offense's job to score, and the defense's job to stop them."

Leroy Lizard
12/27/2008, 01:20 AM
Why are some Sooner fans so sensitive about the RUTS issue? OU clearly ran up the score against TTU and MU.

But running up the score is classless. We love Mack because he would never do anything like that. He has too much class. Our players have too much class. That's because we live in a classy state. We're Longhorns. We're classy.

Mark_in_Tulsa
12/27/2008, 01:34 AM

Doesn't make you bad.

Sometimes it's just a necessary part of getting to the BCS, and that's exactly why Stoops had Bradford slinging the ball late in the 3rd and then in the 4th when OU was up 52-14 against TTU.

We Gators got over worrying about that kind of stuff in the 90s. Heck, it's kind of fun once you accept it. Like the Head Ball Coach used to say, "It's the offense's job to score, and the defense's job to stop them."

How did we clearly run up the score against Tech. We didn't score in the last 14:54 min of the game.

Mizzu game they were turning the ball over to us in the 4th on their side of the field. Our last score was on a 38 yard run.

cheezyq
12/27/2008, 04:07 PM

Doesn't make you bad.

Who asked you?

mfosterftw
12/27/2008, 04:40 PM
But running up the score is classless. We love Mack because he would never do anything like that. He has too much class. Our players have too much class. That's because we live in a classy state. We're Longhorns. We're classy.

According the Mack Brown, the USA ran up the score against Japan when it dropped the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. He thinks they should have just sent in the third string for the invasion.

OU_Sooners75
12/27/2008, 05:28 PM

Doesn't make you bad.

Kinda hard for it to be considered running up the score when a defense cannot stop consistent running. What are teams suppose to do? Put the cheerleaders in?

I will say this....

The only game OU can be accused of RUTS is the MIssouri game. They score 21 points in the 4th. The highest 4th quarter production of OU.

I can also say this...
38-15 Florida over Florida State. Fourth Quarter. Tebow is still in the game.
35-3 Florida over Georgia. Fourth Quarter. Tebow passes to Harvin for a Touchdown with 11:36 remaining. John Brantley throws another TD pass in the fourth with 10:24 remaining to take the lead to 49-3.
41-14 Florida over LSU. Tebow finally is out of the game with 6:47 remaining in the game and the score 44-14.

These are just some things people can say that are true RUTS.