PDA

View Full Version : OU will lose to Florida

Leroy Lizard
12/25/2008, 05:00 PM
Simple reason:

Florida >> West Virginia > Boise State

If I was a betting man, I would take Florida and give 20 points. I don't bet against the Sooners, but if I had over the last six years I would be a rich man.

OU's team is as good as Florida's. But if OU is to win, the players need to have their heads out of their asses, and I mean by the first play of the game. This "wait until halftime to calm down" crap doesn't cut it.

ClintonSooner
12/25/2008, 05:48 PM
umm no.

Leroy Lizard
12/25/2008, 05:51 PM
Ummmm, yes! Have you been awake during OU's last BCS games? If so, you were more alert than our players.

IronSoonerMan
12/25/2008, 05:56 PM
Ummm no. Have You been awake this season? These are not the same Sooners.

LesNessman
12/25/2008, 05:58 PM
I think the Sooners will be much more focused this game, especially because of the last four bcs games. Sure, anybody can lose if they aren't prepared or paying attention, but anybody can win if they are, and I see plenty of motivation for them to be.

OUAlumni1990
12/25/2008, 06:01 PM

Agreed. 2008 does not equal 2007 or 2006

Leroy Lizard
12/25/2008, 06:11 PM

We heard that in 2004, and in 2006, and in 2007. We pretty much have the same players as last year, and we couldn't keep a good, but not great, West Virginia team from running all over us. This year we are playing against a similar offense but a much better defense. And Florida's talent level is much higher.

Here is what will happen:

Stoops will come out of the tunnel white as a ghost. Someone will fumble, we will get a punt blocked, Bradford's receivers will drop his first five passes. Meantime, Tebow will be running rampant. OU will be down four TDs by halftime.

Sure, they will regain their composure and manage to move the ball when it's too late.

Every year we do this. I thought we had learned our lesson when we chumped against West Virginia, but apparently not.

And next year, OU will somehow get into another BCS bowl and we will once again claim the Sooners will roll over their opponent. WE WILL NEVER LEARN.

SoonerBoognish
12/25/2008, 06:14 PM
Doomed. Cannibal the Musical style doomed! Doomed...

IronSoonerMan
12/25/2008, 06:22 PM
Doomed. Cannibal the Musical style doomed! Doomed...

LOL!

So We are "Doomed". We will never learn from the past? Every year We do this? I think We are a different team than in the past. We will see. When We have #8 will You reconsider Your opinions?

meoveryouxinfinity
12/25/2008, 06:23 PM
Notre Dame won a bowl this year. I know we are not Catholic, but ...IT IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!1

OU-HSV
12/25/2008, 06:25 PM
We heard that in 2004, and in 2006, and in 2007. We pretty much have the same players as last year, and we couldn't keep a good, but not great, West Virginia team from running all over us. This year we are playing against a similar offense but a much better defense. And Florida's talent level is much higher.

Here is what will happen:

Stoops will come out of the tunnel white as a ghost. Someone will fumble, we will get a punt blocked, Bradford's receivers will drop his first five passes. Meantime, Tebow will be running rampant. OU will be down four TDs by halftime.

Sure, they will regain their composure and manage to move the ball when it's too late.

Every year we do this. I thought we had learned our lesson when we chumped against West Virginia, but apparently not.

And next year, OU will somehow get into another BCS bowl and we will once again claim the Sooners will roll over their opponent. WE WILL NEVER LEARN.
IMO one of the big differences this time is that not very many OU fans seem to say we will roll over this opponent.
To me it seems in our corner this time there is a much better grasp of the reality/potential of what this gator squad is capable of doing. Seems most of us are much more aware of how good Florida is than we were aware of Boise, condoms, WVU or even Lsu.
Seems instead of saying "we will roll over them"...we are saying, "we're underdogs, we know we aren't supposed to win...we know the world is against us, so let's go in there give it 200% and beat these guys who no one thinks we're capable of beating."

But don't get me wrong...I'd be all for rolling over them, especially after they like to think we've never played against fast football players before.

delhalew
12/25/2008, 06:26 PM
+1 for cannibal the musical reference.

Leroy Lizard
12/25/2008, 06:32 PM
IMO one of the big differences this time is that not very many OU fans seem to say we will roll over this opponent.

Really? I haven't seen too many sensible posts in this forum, that's for sure.

Final score: 56-24, Florida. And I mean that seriously.

Readyfor8
12/25/2008, 06:37 PM
OU will either win close or lose close, and if I had to bet I think I would take OU +7.

I already made a bet that if OU loses I will have to dye my Mohawk Blue and Orange, I might have to dye my hair on January 8th.

A Sooner in Texas
12/25/2008, 06:53 PM
And a Merry Christmas to you too, Mr. Lizard!
I love your positive attitude. Maybe Bob oughta let you give the pre-game pep talk to the team.

Not.

Leroy Lizard
12/25/2008, 07:03 PM
I love your positive attitude. Maybe Bob oughta let you give the pre-game pep talk to the team.

That would be easy: "This time, gentlemen, let's play as if we have played this game before."

I already made a bet that if OU loses I will have to dye my Mohawk Blue and Orange, I might have to dye my hair on January 8th.

Here's a link for you. I suggest you start talking to them now about getting a discount.

http://www.bewild.com/electricblue.html

OU-HSV
12/25/2008, 07:19 PM

You haven't read enough of the posts then, or you're only reading all of the posts of which I'm not referring to, while ignoring the posts that actually admit Florida is good and we don't have a cake walk on our hands.

I'm friends w/a lot of fellow OU fans and ALL of my friends/family and coworkers who follow and love the Sooners who would typically have Crimson goggles on...well this year they have a respect for Florida that it seems we typically haven't had for recent bowl opponents. But I guess that's just what I see.

What I'm getting at is that more OU fans now seem willing to be hesitant to say we're gonna destroy Florida.
As fans have we learned our lesson from past bowl meltdowns?? I like to think so
Have the players learned their lesson from past bowl meltdowns?? God I hope so, and I lean toward the Yes side on that

I like your prediction as the reverse.
I think my Yahoo prediction is Sooners 52 Gators 28. And I'm sticking with that

A Sooner in Texas
12/25/2008, 07:19 PM
[QUOTE=Leroy Lizard;2540279]That would be easy: "This time, gentlemen, let's play as if we have played this game before."QUOTE]

Yeah, Bob's not been able to motivate this team very well this year. Maybe you should e-mail your suggestion to him.

tbl
12/25/2008, 07:21 PM
and a Merry Christmas to you too, Grinch.

Leroy Lizard
12/25/2008, 07:37 PM
Yeah, Bob's not been able to motivate this team very well this year.

We looked very motivated last year in the conference championship game against Missouri.

And of course, we were going to tear that one-dimensional West Virginia team apart. And which fan was in here trying to tell the rest of you that West Virginia's one-dimensional offense was plenty tough?

What I'm getting at is that more OU fans now seem willing to be hesitant to say we're gonna destroy Florida.

As fans have we learned our lesson from past bowl meltdowns?? I like to think so

It's great that you have figured it out.

I think my Yahoo prediction is Sooners 52 Gators 28.

Okay, so maybe you haven't.

OUAlumni1990
12/25/2008, 07:43 PM
Leroy, your Crimson in your glasses is getting low, you need a refill. :)

IronSoonerMan
12/25/2008, 07:54 PM
All I can really say is....

BOOMER!

Readyfor8
12/25/2008, 08:52 PM
I think this thread is a throw back to threads we used to start, something about mojo, or juju or something to that effect. I might be wrong, and I hope i'm not ruining the mojo or juju.

But seriously we could lose this game, it will hurt if we do, and that will suck.

arcman46
12/25/2008, 09:09 PM
I still think there are 3 possible results judging from what I have seen of Florida; We will win close; they will win a close game; or we will beat them handily. I am not saying that we will win, but I just don't see Florida beating us big.

IronSoonerMan
12/25/2008, 09:17 PM
I think this thread is a throw back to threads we used to start, something about mojo, or juju or something to that effect. I might be wrong, and I hope i'm not ruining the mojo or juju.

But seriously we could lose this game, it will hurt if we do, and that will suck.

If that is the case then I hope I havent ruined the mojo!
I also hoped it worked in OUr favor in the past?

I still say: BOOMER!

Leroy Lizard
12/25/2008, 09:19 PM
I still think there are 3 possible results judging from what I have seen of Florida; We will win close; they will win a close game; or we will beat them handily. I am not saying that we will win, but I just don't see Florida beating us big.

Did you see West Virginia beating us big?

L-Boy
12/25/2008, 09:22 PM
LMAO off at Leroy Lizard. :D

I think your scenario is a possibility, and I hope you are right, but think OU is better this year maybe Stoops has learned a little bit better how to handle these situations. But my view is a bit different. Maybe these bowl losses aren't as much about bad coaching and execution as much as it is about OK being perpetually overrated?? Pollsters love offenses that put up a lot of yards and points, and OK has done that for years, especially against hapless teams. However, when matched up with head to head with superior talent, the magic of the scheme breaks down. Plus, the fact that the opposing coach has 4+ weeks to prepare for the scheme is an equalizer too.

Leroy Lizard
12/25/2008, 09:35 PM
I don't think Florida has superior talent to OU, and I think OU's team is, on a week by week basis, as good or better than Florida's.

But that was true of our opponent last year, and the year before, and four years ago, and five years ago.

All I want is OU to play to the level of its skills. If they lose, so be it. What I don't want is for OU to play like chumps. At least make it look like you practiced, that's all I ask.

The Remnant
12/25/2008, 09:50 PM
Let me see. In 1999 Mississippi > Oklahoma. The next year FSU> Mississippi, therefore FSU>> Oklahoma in the FEDEX Orange Bowl. I may getting old but if my memory serves me correct, didn't OU win ?

ClintonSooner
12/25/2008, 10:09 PM
back to the red with you! RAWR!

SoonerBacker
12/25/2008, 10:21 PM
Hey Lizard,

Shall I go ahead and sacrifice a beer every night up to and including game night? ;) ;)

OUAlumni1990
12/25/2008, 10:57 PM
I still say: BOOMER!

SOONER!!!!!

OU-HSV
12/25/2008, 11:02 PM
Wow, in this thread alone, I've witnessed Leroy go from green to red. I didn't hit you w/the neg hammer, but somebody sure has. Ouch

Leroy Lizard
12/26/2008, 01:22 AM
What sucks is that I won't get the green spek back if OU loses like I said.

Shall I go ahead and sacrifice a beer every night up to and including game night?

Coors, or Budweiser?

Desert Sapper
12/26/2008, 01:27 AM
I'm most worried that we tend to focus on our Offensive prowess. O is great, but UF has a great D, and this game will rest squarely on the shoulders of our D. That worries me on multiple levels.

LitiG8R
12/26/2008, 10:03 AM
Sorry I just don't see FL losing this game. A home game+OU injuries+our D peaking = blowout. 42-14 Florida.

SoonerBacker
12/26/2008, 10:18 AM
What sucks is that I won't get the green spek back if OU loses like I said.

Coors, or Budweiser?

Bud.

SoonerBacker
12/26/2008, 10:22 AM
Sorry I just don't see FL losing this game. A home game+OU injuries+our D peaking = blowout. 42-14 Florida.

Here's hoping that your coaches and team feel the same way. But something tells me they're a little more grounded in reality.

I think the BCS got it right this time. I believe these are the 2 best teams in the country right now. I don't see either blowing the other out. Will this be a "home game" for UF? I'm not sure. As someone else noted on a differenct thread, there ARE a lot of folks in Florida who don't care for UF. (Miami.Nole fans, for example). OU injuries? Obviously a concern, but we've dealt with that and won despite them all season. One could also make the argument that our D is peaking right now. Texas Tech and Mizzou would certainly agree.

I see it as a match-up of pretty even teams. Therefore, no blowouts.

SoonR4Life
12/26/2008, 10:24 AM

Florida may very well score 42 pts, but there is no way I see OU being held to 21 pts under their lowest offensive output on the year (35)

Those 35 pts where against TX and TCU. Arguably the same caliber defense as Florida.

CaliBornSoonerBred
12/26/2008, 10:32 AM

I think you may have to remember to NEVER underestimate the traveling power of the Sooner Nation. I can't figure out how to embed this video in here so I'll post the URL. This is from 2000 fsu game, I think our crowd showed up and you can hear them LOUD and clear. Plus it's a classic vid, "YOU GOT MY BOY'S TROPHY!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcZ91SVKPC8

Sooner70
12/26/2008, 10:39 AM
I can surely understand Lizard's sentiments. If we keep doing the same thing, we get the same results.

Here's a different take, though. This situation is different. OU is being cast as the underdog misfits in this game. The defense is maligned. We're missing key players (DeMarco for one, Reynolds, Granger). Everyone hates us except OU fans. We're only there because the BCS computers are running the latest version/upgrade of Sooner Software. BUT, based on their run since Texas, especially the inspired efforts against TT (high point), OSU & Mizzou, these guys know what they can do. Hence....look for an inspired defensive effort fueled by BV's strategizing & good defensive execution. Tebow gets flustered, makes mistakes, turnovers. Sooners offense is able to score & jump out on top early. Sooners don't let up, either side of the ball. People are going to be surprised..........uh,,,,is this wishful thinking? I think it can happen, but WILL it?

adoniijahsooner
12/26/2008, 10:41 AM
Florida may very well score 42 pts, but there is no way I see OU being held to 21 pts under their lowest offensive output on the year (35)

Those 35 pts where against TX and TCU. Arguably the same caliber defense as Florida.

Sometimes when your in the ****, you can't see what real and what not. I just looked at rushing stats for the Texas game, and what I saw surprised me. texas is the only game where we had less than 30+ rushing attempts (23); and what is more intriguing is that Chris Brown was averaging 4.1 yard per rush, but only had 7 carries. I heard somewhere Kevin Wilson was disappointed with his play calling in that game, and now I see why. Get this stat, in our most impressive game of the year (Texas Tech), we had 55 rush attempts and only 23 pass attempts. Long story short, if we run the ball over 30 plus times we win this game period.

SoonerBoognish
12/26/2008, 12:17 PM
Either by way of turnovers, points scored, or points given up, one team will do something uncharacteristic. To say that the only team that could screw the pooch is OU is an odd assumption. It's possible we win, and possible we lose, but i don't see how it can be said with certainty that we have to play a perfect game, like a merely solid one won't be enough. Is it really so likely that Florida will do everything right?
I could be concerned that we will **** this game away, but then i remember that Florida isn't immune to imperfection or bad luck. We aren't the only team with weaknesses that are sure to be exploited. We will see if all of Florida's talk was false bravado when the game is played, and hopefully it's at least an entertaining game.

stoopified
12/26/2008, 12:20 PM
Ummmm, yes! Have you been awake during OU's last BCS games? If so, you were more alert than our players.The OU WILLLOSE BECAUSE OF THE LAST FOUR BCS GAMES is extremely lame.This is not the same team.If past performance IS THE STANDARD FORsucess in the BCS then Bob and OU should be 6-0 in BCS games as we were 2-0 in our first two BCS games.BTW while OU is 2-4 in its last 6 bowls,so is FU.

JLEW1818
12/26/2008, 12:24 PM

I've never liked you. and from how often you are red i dont think others like you either. I hope you bet your entire bank account on the gators and lose it all. People like you.... uhhh

L-Boy
12/26/2008, 12:45 PM
I don't think Florida has superior talent to OU, and I think OU's team is, on a week by week basis, as good or better than Florida's.

But that was true of our opponent last year, and the year before, and four years ago, and five years ago.

All I want is OU to play to the level of its skills. If they lose, so be it. What I don't want is for OU to play like chumps. At least make it look like you practiced, that's all I ask.

I know when I say OU may not quite have the talent level that sounds like I am flaming, but that is not my intention at all. However, when you look at those 4 bowl games, that is enough to go beyond a degree of randomness. It either comes down to (simplistically)

1. Poor coaching (lack of or incorrect preparation, or poor execution.)
2. Maybe the OU has been overmatched in several of these games.

Stoops may be the reason the Gators went won the MNC in 1996, we never had that good of a D before. So he helped win there, and he won in 2000 when nobody expected OU to. So he knows how to win these games. I have a hard time believing all of a sudden he's become an inferior coach in that regard, so I don't believe it is coaching.

All that leaves you is maybe people thought OU was better than they really were. That is not uncommon when you have a highly efficient offensive system that runs up a lot of yards and points. You could say a little bit of the same for UF under Spurrier. Overall Spurrier had a pretty good bowl record, but we struggled to beat FSU, struggled to beat Miami (the few times we played them) and stuggled badly against Nebraska. I think some of that was coaching and prep, but there were times that FL probably just didn't have quite the talent.

I would think Oklahoma would be a hard place to consistently bring top notch talent into. Don't get me wrong, I think they do a pretty good job in that regard, but can they consistently compete recruiting wise with the likes of USC, TX and UF? Schools in Florida show all the wonderful funs things around, and that makes a difference. I think one of the reasons things are going well for UF is FSU and Miami are down, so we are getting an edge in the recruiting race.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a recruitnik at all, and I tire of those who debate the subject and follow recruiting wars more closely than the actual games themselves. However, I have always like Stoops and have a great deal of respect for him - and was happy to see him do so well at OK. I was disappointed he didn't come to UF when offered, but I can understand why he didn't. I just have a hard team believing the team has failed to execute in those last 4 games - that sort of pattern would suggest sub par coaching.

ClintonSooner
12/26/2008, 12:48 PM
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

Readyfor8
12/26/2008, 01:03 PM
I know when I say OU may not quite have the talent level that sounds like I am flaming, but that is not my intention at all. However, when you look at those 4 bowl games, that is enough to go beyond a degree of randomness. It either comes down to (simplistically)

1. Poor coaching (lack of or incorrect preparation, or poor execution.)
2. Maybe the OU has been overmatched in several of these games.

Stoops may be the reason the Gators went won the MNC in 1996, we never had that good of a D before. So he helped win there, and he won in 2000 when nobody expected OU to. So he knows how to win these games. I have a hard time believing all of a sudden he's become an inferior coach in that regard, so I don't believe it is coaching.

All that leaves you is maybe people thought OU was better than they really were. That is not uncommon when you have a highly efficient offensive system that runs up a lot of yards and points. You could say a little bit of the same for UF under Spurrier. Overall Spurrier had a pretty good bowl record, but we struggled to beat FSU, struggled to beat Miami (the few times we played them) and stuggled badly against Nebraska. I think some of that was coaching and prep, but there were times that FL probably just didn't have quite the talent.

I would think Oklahoma would be a hard place to consistently bring top notch talent into. Don't get me wrong, I think they do a pretty good job in that regard, but can they consistently compete recruiting wise with the likes of USC, TX and UF? Schools in Florida show all the wonderful funs things around, and that makes a difference. I think one of the reasons things are going well for UF is FSU and Miami are down, so we are getting an edge in the recruiting race.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a recruitnik at all, and I tire of those who debate the subject and follow recruiting wars more closely than the actual games themselves. However, I have always like Stoops and have a great deal of respect for him - and was happy to see him do so well at OK. I was disappointed he didn't come to UF when offered, but I can understand why he didn't. I just have a hard team believing the team has failed to execute in those last 4 games - that sort of pattern would suggest sub par coaching.

You should probably take your meds, seroquel is good for the voices dude. Seriously.

OU has never, (no matter what the NCAA does) never lost 3 bowl games in a row. NEVAR... Here's to keeping that record alive...

On a serious note, do you seriously think OU would be the most storied program in all of college football history without solid recruiting? When we say we have 7 National Championships we aren't counting Bob's Bait and Tackle Trophy like Alabama does. We are the real deal here and you should probably learn a bit of respect seeing as your team while I respect them are still the new kids on the block, and probably not even the Donnie Walberg of the New Kids, cause you just ain't that bad.

L-Boy
12/26/2008, 01:19 PM
You should probably take your meds, seroquel is good for the voices dude. Seriously.

OU has never, (no matter what the NCAA does) never lost 3 bowl games in a row. NEVAR... Here's to keeping that record alive...

On a serious note, do you seriously think OU would be the most storied program in all of college football history without solid recruiting? When we say we have 7 National Championships we aren't counting Bob's Bait and Tackle Trophy like Alabama does. We are the real deal here and you should probably learn a bit of respect seeing as your team while I respect them are still the new kids on the block, and probably not even the Donnie Walberg of the New Kids, cause you just ain't that bad.

I tend to look at more recent history. While it is great to be able to say you won X # of national championships before 1980, or 1970, I don't think that has a lot to do with today. When recruiting kids, I don't think this tradition argument has as much staying power as it does with older fans. I have often thought it was sad watching Alabama fans fail to face reality - the Bear is dead and that Bama tradition doesn't mean that much to kids, especially out of state. To their credit, they have been able to turn it around, something I did not expect them to do. I think what OU has accomplished is somewhat extraordinary. TX and FL are two states that are loaded with talent. I am sure OK has talent, but the population numbers aren't there, so OU has to draw from out of state. For years, around the 90's, the TX teams were all pretty average in spite of all that talent, and I think OU benefitted from this. Now that UT is back on the map, I think it is a testament that OU still keeps a highly ranked program - because just on location and population numbers and proximity to talent, they are at a disadvantage.

Readyfor8
12/26/2008, 02:03 PM
I tend to look at more recent history. While it is great to be able to say you won X # of national championships before 1980, or 1970, I don't think that has a lot to do with today. When recruiting kids, I don't think this tradition argument has as much staying power as it does with older fans. I have often thought it was sad watching Alabama fans fail to face reality - the Bear is dead and that Bama tradition doesn't mean that much to kids, especially out of state. To their credit, they have been able to turn it around, something I did not expect them to do. I think what OU has accomplished is somewhat extraordinary. TX and FL are two states that are loaded with talent. I am sure OK has talent, but the population numbers aren't there, so OU has to draw from out of state. For years, around the 90's, the TX teams were all pretty average in spite of all that talent, and I think OU benefitted from this. Now that UT is back on the map, I think it is a testament that OU still keeps a highly ranked program - because just on location and population numbers and proximity to talent, they are at a disadvantage.

You obviously don't know anything about our recruiting classes and should probably stop before you make an even bigger fool out of yourself. We routinely pull kids from Texas, Florida, and California. But, not only that, we also have nearly 30% of our players come from Oklahoma and have won more titles conference and national than you have even in the last 20 years. Hell in the last ten we are probably even or ahead.

You really shouldn't take the UT side of the argument because even Texas Fans don't have the ability to defend that losing battle.

RedstickSooner
12/26/2008, 02:35 PM
So, is it Leroy Penguin, or Penguin Lizard? And, whatever happened to the Penguin tradition, anyhow?

olevetonahill
12/26/2008, 02:57 PM
Im gonna neg ya some more . I had made a vow to Myself that in the Christmas spirit I wasnt gonna neg anyone till after the 1st . Then you pull this ****.
:mad:

Leroy Lizard
12/26/2008, 06:04 PM
I've never liked you.

Well, there goes my day.

L-Boy
12/26/2008, 07:07 PM
You obviously don't know anything about our recruiting classes and should probably stop before you make an even bigger fool out of yourself. We routinely pull kids from Texas, Florida, and California. But, not only that, we also have nearly 30% of our players come from Oklahoma and have won more titles conference and national than you have even in the last 20 years. Hell in the last ten we are probably even or ahead.

You really shouldn't take the UT side of the argument because even Texas Fans don't have the ability to defend that losing battle.

I try to throw a compliment and I still get barbs. :D I was giving credit to OU for the fact that they can recruit kids out of state. That's great that 30% of OU kids come from OK. I imagine the % in-state from FL is a LOT higher. So it is harder for OU to recruit because they have to go national.

I don't follow closely, or at least remember all of OU's recruiting classes. So perhaps I may be wrong there. I would have been surprised if they are consistently pulling top 5 classes, but if I am wrong I am sure you will inform me. :)

olevetonahill
12/26/2008, 07:18 PM
Sweet we Loves yer left Handed Compliments :rolleyes:

TheGodfather889
12/26/2008, 07:43 PM
I hope the Florida football team and the National Media agree with you.

Readyfor8
12/26/2008, 08:16 PM
I try to throw a compliment and I still get barbs. :D I was giving credit to OU for the fact that they can recruit kids out of state. That's great that 30% of OU kids come from OK. I imagine the % in-state from FL is a LOT higher. So it is harder for OU to recruit because they have to go national.

I don't follow closely, or at least remember all of OU's recruiting classes. So perhaps I may be wrong there. I would have been surprised if they are consistently pulling top 5 classes, but if I am wrong I am sure you will inform me. :)

We don't get points on the board for degree of difficulty, our heisman winning QB was from Oklahoma, our last Heisman winning QB was from Oklahoma, the Heisman winning FB from the University of Oklahoma before that was, guess what... from Oklahoma. Yea we got a Heisman for a Texan in between that, but he's an Oklahoman now. We don't need the compliments, because at the end of the day, we win... that is all.

Go back to your mudhole, or excuse me... swamp

VA Sooner
12/26/2008, 08:19 PM
The slow starts have cost us in previous games, there's no denying that fact.

We had a slow start in the Boise St/Fiesta Bowl game... but also remember we were with a backup QB and weren't expected to win the Big 12. We did well in the second half and without Malcolm Kelly (injured hammy).

Second Fiesta Bowl game... missing 5 starters including one with a propensity for a $60 coat.

As far as the two recent NCG's... we were outdone by two very good defenses in USC and LSU. We started our comeback against LSU but no time left to do it. With USC... it wasn't even close.

New ideas, new rules, and hopefully renewed focus. The players are going into this game with a better mindset than the last 2 Fiesta Bowls. No over-confidence... Florida is a very, very good team. Tebow is a very good QB. It's a matter of good fundamentals... tackle in space and wrap up. None of this pushing players out of bounds or trying to roll beneath them to take them out. Put your arms around the waist or legs and wrap up.

Leroy Lizard
12/26/2008, 09:08 PM
To me, it comes down to whether we have deer-in-the-headlights syndrome. It isn't so much that the other team was always better, but they didn't seem to have stage fright.

Sooner04
12/27/2008, 01:41 AM
And of course, we were going to tear that one-dimensional West Virginia team apart. And which fan was in here trying to tell the rest of you that West Virginia's one-dimensional offense was plenty tough?
Do you watch any of our BBall games?

Leroy Lizard
12/27/2008, 02:06 AM
Nope. As a student I had free tickets, but I didn't go. What's the point?

SoonerKnight
12/27/2008, 10:38 AM
Leroy,
You really believe that a team that has scored 702 pts this season has a whole lot of rushing and passing TD's is going to get scared in the MNC game?
This is not the same team that played in the other bowl games this is a team determined to win!!! This is a team that Stoops has described his defense as being one of his best defense at making big plays!!! Have you even watched any of OU's football games? Last year I was nervous before the Fiesta because the team was so young. In 2006 I was not sure PT would be able to play as well as he ended up playing. In 2003 I was dissappointed with the loss but hey 7 pts in the MNC not really a blow out. In 2004 I wanted to vomit and break my HD television that my wife stopped me from destroying but through it all I still believe Stoops has this team poised to make a statement that will add our 8th National Championship.

badger
12/27/2008, 10:39 AM
Has anyone already made the token "LOOK AT ME STARTING A CONTROVERSIAL THREAD SO PEOPLE WILL TALK TO ME!" post? If not, please count this as such, along with my one-star of disgust :rolleyes:

SoonerKnight
12/27/2008, 10:53 AM
Yes Ma'am!!!! Nice avatar by the way!!! ;)

Dan Thompson
12/27/2008, 11:50 AM
Don't forget that our defense leads the nation in turnovers.

Leroy Lizard
12/27/2008, 12:15 PM
You really believe that a team that has scored 702 pts this season has a whole lot of rushing and passing TD's is going to get scared in the MNC game?

Scared? No. That isn't the word I would use. Anxious? Maybe.

Forget the offense. You also have to play defense. The trouble is, we haven't played very good defense this year.

This is not the same team that played in the other bowl games this is a team determined to win!!!

OU look determined to win when they throttled Missouri last year. And Florida is determined to win too. Determination is only part of it. You also need to play to your abilities.

This is a team that Stoops has described his defense as being one of his best defense at making big plays!!!

Translation: The defense is able to pull a big play out of its *** to prevent the other team from scoring after it has driven up and down the field on us.

You shouldn't have to rely on big plays on defense to win. Good steady defense is what we need, and we haven't seen it much this year. Missouri and Tech are the only games since the Texas loss that come to mind.

Have you even watched any of OU's football games? Last year I was nervous before the Fiesta because the team was so young.

Well, you and I were the only Sooner fans that were nervous. Everyone else in here was claiming that our bowl opponent sucked and had no chance because of its one-dimensional offense. And does everyone remember how we cried and cried that Boise St. was undeserving of playing the mighty Sooners?

This year, it's the same. "Sure, we sucked LAST YEAR, but this year is different..."

Leroy Lizard
12/27/2008, 12:17 PM
Don't forget that our defense leads the nation in turnovers.

Isn't Florida's turnover ratio almost as good? I thought they were ranked #3.

catsigater
12/27/2008, 12:26 PM
Isn't Florida's turnover ratio almost as good? I thought they were ranked #3.

Don't bring up facts.

OU is number one in TOs with a +23 margin and a 1.77 ratio.
UF is second with a +22 margin and 1.69 ratio.

There's a significant separation between 2 and 3 (Baylor with +16 and 1.33).

OU gets more fumbles and we get more interceptions.

I think that may favor OU by a bit, as it seems slightly more likely UF will fumble than OU will throw an int.

tulsaoilerfan
12/27/2008, 12:31 PM

Why does everyone think that Boise was so inferior to OU 2 years ago? We had a QB converted to WR converted back to QB that wouldn't have seen the field if if weren't for the idiot and a TON of sophomores starting on the offensive of the ball, not to mention we relied WAY too much on AD when he was healthy that year; by far that was Stoops' worst team to win the Big 12 and probably his best coaching job outside of 2000

Sooner04
12/27/2008, 12:56 PM
Nope. As a student I had free tickets, but I didn't go. What's the point?
You're just an OU football fan. Not an OU fan.

That's all.

Leroy Lizard
12/27/2008, 01:28 PM
I'm an OU fan. I don't go to the golf matches either. Do you?

Leroy Lizard
12/27/2008, 01:33 PM
Why does everyone think that Boise was so inferior to OU 2 years ago?

I didn't say that. I said (and I quote) "...as good or better." I certainly think OU was as good as Boise St. that year, as evidenced by the final score. But OU came out chumping it in the first quarter as they always do.

I think OU has a good chance against Florida if it can get through the first quarter without a disaster.

A Sooner in Texas
12/27/2008, 02:13 PM
Probably most OU fans with half a brain cell are nervous about this game...but we're also excited about it because we have a great chance to win if we play the way we've played the rest of this season. One reason I feel more confident about this game is because Sam is much more seasoned this year and is a true leader. After he won the Heisman he said the Heisman wasn't the goal, the national championship is. This team has their eyes on the real prize; note the thread about the players asking for curfew to be upheld in Miami (before it was so artfully threadjacked by the OV Posse :D). As long as the players and coaches stay focused I believe we'll be needing room for that crystal ball.

ClintonSooner
12/27/2008, 03:02 PM
[QUOTE=catsigater;2541311]Don't bring up facts. QUOTE]

I like yer thinkin
to hell with em

IronSoonerMan
12/27/2008, 03:15 PM

So in 30 years when FU is looking back on their last BCS championship You will think it is irrelevant?:rolleyes:

olevetonahill
12/27/2008, 04:08 PM
Probably most OU fans with half a brain cell are nervous about this game...but we're also excited about it because we have a great chance to win if we play the way we've played the rest of this season. One reason I feel more confident about this game is because Sam is much more seasoned this year and is a true leader. After he won the Heisman he said the Heisman wasn't the goal, the national championship is. This team has their eyes on the real prize; note the thread about the players asking for curfew to be upheld in Miami (before it was so artfully threadjacked by the OV Posse :D). As long as the players and coaches stay focused I believe we'll be needing room for that crystal ball.

Well you did say we "Artfully" Jacked that thread:D

A Sooner in Texas
12/27/2008, 04:53 PM
Well you did say we "Artfully" Jacked that thread:D

"Craftily" too, I might add. :D

Sooner04
12/27/2008, 05:28 PM
I'm an OU fan. I don't go to the golf matches either. Do you?
I disagree. I think you're an OU football fan. Therefore, I don't consider your opinion a valid one.

olevetonahill
12/27/2008, 05:41 PM
"Craftily" too, I might add. :D

Now If we can Just get this one Jacked ;)

OK2LA
12/27/2008, 05:45 PM
OU will loose to Florida

olevetonahill
12/27/2008, 05:51 PM
OU will loose to Florida

But we wont Lost will we ?

A Sooner in Texas
12/27/2008, 06:23 PM
Now If we can Just get this one Jacked ;)

New word: Possejacked. ;)

olevetonahill
12/27/2008, 06:54 PM
New word: Possejacked. ;)

:D ;)

Curly Bill
12/27/2008, 06:56 PM
I Googled posse jacked and this is what I got:

http://www.untitledname.com/archives/upload/2005/5/bicycle-film-festival-girl-posse.jpg

olevetonahill
12/27/2008, 06:59 PM
I Googled posse jacked and this is what I got:

http://www.untitledname.com/archives/upload/2005/5/bicycle-film-festival-girl-posse.jpg

WINNAH
well cept fer that skank on the right .;)

Curly Bill
12/27/2008, 07:01 PM
WINNAH

We'll let Flag or Turd have her, or maybe one of the young'uns ends up with her. :D

I'm thinkin I'm going with red shorts, second from left.

Curly Bill
12/27/2008, 07:08 PM
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh237/our-sound/posse.jpg

olevetonahill
12/27/2008, 07:09 PM
Flag needs her , Hes all snowed in and shat .:D
I want the 2 to Her right .:hot:

olevetonahill
12/27/2008, 07:11 PM
I do believe we Jacked this one as well :D

Curly Bill
12/27/2008, 07:11 PM
Flag needs her , Hes all snowed in and shat .:D
I want the 2 to Her right .:hot:

We'll need that hopped up ride to get her to him.

Curly Bill
12/27/2008, 07:12 PM
I do believe we Jacked this one as well :D

Piece of cake. ;)

Curly Bill
12/27/2008, 07:14 PM
Flag is snowed in and under attack:

http://www.perfectduluthday.com/pine_marten_1.jpg

olevetonahill
12/27/2008, 07:18 PM
We'll need that hopped up ride to get her to him.

Hell we Just fed Ex her to him .

Knippz
12/27/2008, 07:25 PM
This is a stupid thread.

olevetonahill
12/27/2008, 07:29 PM
This is a stupid thread.

It was , It aint No Mo . Pay tention nOOb:rolleyes:

Jason White's Third Knee
12/27/2008, 07:37 PM
WINNAH

Like you haven't had worse.

Pfft.

olevetonahill
12/27/2008, 07:45 PM
Like you haven't had worse.

Pfft.

Not when there was a Herd Like that to cut one out of . ;)

Leroy Lizard
12/27/2008, 10:00 PM
I disagree. I think you're an OU football fan. Therefore, I don't consider your opinion a valid one.

The last time I looked, we were talking about FOOTBALL in this thread.

Now, can you kindly tell me if you attend OU golf matches?

Sooner04
12/27/2008, 10:13 PM
Now, can you kindly tell me if you attend OU golf matches?
They don't play many tournaments around here, and a lot of them are during the week. I do follow the golf team. I actually attended OU Golf Camp under Grost when I was 12 and stayed in Walker tower. I don't think Ragan is the right guy for the job. He doesn't recruit well enough for the facilities we have.

Crucifax Autumn
12/27/2008, 10:14 PM
Personally I prefer tennis and soccer....

olevetonahill
12/27/2008, 11:18 PM
Personally I prefer tennis and soccer....

I always root fer the Tiddly Winks team .

Crucifax Autumn
12/27/2008, 11:21 PM
well yeah! Who doesn't? The only time I miss tiddly winks is when the big solitaire tournament is on.

olevetonahill
12/27/2008, 11:28 PM
well yeah! Who doesn't? The only time I miss tiddly winks is when the big solitaire tournament is on.

Oh Yea Im all over that .

Crucifax Autumn
12/27/2008, 11:38 PM
Have you been keeping up with all the great recruiting going on for OUr solitaire team. We have one kid giving a verbal commit that once won 33 hands in a row and only cheated on 32 of them. And he's got the fastest shuffle this side of Florida.

badger
12/28/2008, 12:58 PM
Ok, so basically, other than proving your Sooner fan loyalty by knowing that we have a women's rowing team (we do! it's to be Title IX compliant! go us!), you are telling children that there is no Santa Claus before Christmas. Why are you being such a grinch?

Then, when Christmas Eve rolls around and the kids can clearly see their parents bringing the presents out of hiding instead of Santa rolling down a chimney that they don't have, you point and say "See? See? I was right all along even though everyone was angry I said it!"

What exactly are you trying to prove, that you can make people angry? That you can start a thread that a Florida fan could have popped on here and said but actually had a legit reason to say it?

Go ahead and start an "I was right thread" on Jan. 9 if the Sooners lose. I will be sure to start the "Say bye bye to Leroy as per the banning!" on Jan. 10. Thread so worthless. Please lock this before we start talking about OU Ice Hockey.

olevetonahill
12/28/2008, 04:06 PM
Ice Hockey . Man have you seen em Play ?

badger
12/28/2008, 04:11 PM
Ice Hockey . Man have you seen em Play ?

Yes, in fact I have. They play at this little arena along I-35 between Norman and OKC that's called like Blazers Ice Hockey arena. I like watching what the goalie does after they Zamboni the ice to make it his little area with tons of scratches in it and stuff for leverage.

...hey wait a sec! :mad: Don't change the subject! He just told us all that Santa doesn't exist! :mad:

olevetonahill
12/28/2008, 04:16 PM
Yes, in fact I have. They play at this little arena along I-35 between Norman and OKC that's called like Blazers Ice Hockey arena. I like watching what the goalie does after they Zamboni the ice to make it his little area with tons of scratches in it and stuff for leverage.

...hey wait a sec! :mad: Don't change the subject! He just told us all that Santa doesn't exist! :mad:

Well Im telling Ya he does . Who Ya gonna Believe and Idiot Or a Drunk ? :D

badger
12/28/2008, 04:18 PM
Well Im telling Ya he does . Who Ya gonna Believe and Idiot Or a Drunk ? :D

Um... hold on. Which one are you today?

;)

olevetonahill
12/28/2008, 04:20 PM
Um... hold on. Which one are you today?

;)

Well I havnt had any OVJ yet
But to Prove there really is a Santa , Heres His Pic.
http://harry.biketravellers.com/files/2008/08/mg-0179-santa-claus-northpole.jpg

badger
12/28/2008, 04:24 PM
There you have it, people. Leroy is wrong. There IS a Santa Claus!

Wait... I meant... Leroy is wrong. There IS a Tim Tebow!

Wait... I mean... Leroy is wrong. There ARE other sports besides football to consider when being an OU fan!

:mad: I give up. What was this thread originally about?

olevetonahill
12/28/2008, 04:31 PM

Wait... I mean... Leroy is wrong. There ARE other sports besides football to consider when being an OU fan!

Santa and Tiddly Winks ;)

A Sooner in Texas
12/28/2008, 07:11 PM

About how Leroy got coal in his stocking and was pissed off and decided to take it out on everyone here and how very, very, very wrong he is. :D

Curly Bill
12/28/2008, 07:29 PM
I had an uncle named Leroy, he was an OK guy.

Leroy Lizard
12/28/2008, 07:42 PM
Ok, so basically, other than proving your Sooner fan loyalty by knowing that we have a women's rowing team (we do! it's to be Title IX compliant! go us!)...

Read the thread. It was Sooner04 who made the claim that you had to follow every sport to be a true Sooner fan, and he proved his loyalty to the Sooners by going to Wikipedia to uncover tidbits of info on the Sooner golf team.

...you are telling children that there is no Santa Claus before Christmas. Why are you being such a grinch?

Big difference: Children WILL get presents, they just won't know from whom. That is far different than having a victory gift wrapped and presented to us on January 8th. If we lied to children by telling them that will get presents knowing full well they might not, that would be a better analogy.

Then, when Christmas Eve rolls around and the kids can clearly see their parents bringing the presents out of hiding instead of Santa rolling down a chimney that they don't have, you point and say "See? See? I was right all along even though everyone was angry I said it!"

So you guys are like children who have to pretend that OU will definitely win? And if someone suggests otherwise, it will ruin your holidays?

Okay, I'll buy that.

What exactly are you trying to prove, that you can make people angry? That you can start a thread that a Florida fan could have popped on here and said but actually had a legit reason to say it?

Why would a Florida fan be any more legit in saying it than me? If anything, my view is more legitimate because I'm not a blind homer (like many in here).

Go ahead and start an "I was right thread" on Jan. 9 if the Sooners lose.

Actually, I was kind of banking on you starting a thread titled "Leroy was right." I doubt you will. :)

Why would I be banned, btw? Strange. Regardess, if OU wins I will be the first to admit I was wrong.

Look, we've been through this before. Last year I had the audacity to suggest that OU might struggle defensively against West Virginia, and many of the village idiots in here wondered how I could even think such a thing. Beating WV was a foregone conclusion, the only question would be if the Mountaineers could score at all.

CrimsonJim
12/28/2008, 07:51 PM
* Yawn *

Desert Sapper
12/28/2008, 09:31 PM
That kid Spikes looks like Ray Lewis on D. I just saw another replay of their game against LSU. I swear he KNEW what the play would be on every down.

OUmillenium
12/28/2008, 10:44 PM
I can surely understand Lizard's sentiments. If we keep doing the same thing, we get the same results.

Here's a different take, though. This situation is different. OU is being cast as the underdog misfits in this game. The defense is maligned. We're missing key players (DeMarco for one, Reynolds, Granger). Everyone hates us except OU fans. We're only there because the BCS computers are running the latest version/upgrade of Sooner Software. BUT, based on their run since Texas, especially the inspired efforts against TT (high point), OSU & Mizzou, these guys know what they can do. Hence....look for an inspired defensive effort fueled by Bob Stoops strategizing & good defensive execution. Tebow gets flustered, makes mistakes, turnovers. Sooners offense is able to score & jump out on top early. Sooners don't let up, either side of the ball. People are going to be surprised..........uh,,,,is this wishful thinking? I think it can happen, but WILL it?

fixed

Sooner04
12/29/2008, 12:39 AM
Read the thread. It was Sooner04 who made the claim that you had to follow every sport to be a true Sooner fan, and he proved his loyalty to the Sooners by going to Wikipedia to uncover tidbits of info on the Sooner golf team.
Incorrect. I just think your "Johnny Come Lately" OU football fan mentality doesn't hold a lick of water with me. I think it's uninformed, and I don't want people being duped by your opinions.

I find it hard to believe that Wikipedia would have any info on me attending OU Golf Camp when I was 12.

Leroy Lizard
12/29/2008, 12:46 AM
Johnny Come Lately? Yeah, right.

I find it hard to believe that Wikipedia would have any info on me attending OU Golf Camp when I was 12.

If I had said "tennis" you would have attended a tennis camp when you were 12.

olevetonahill
12/29/2008, 12:59 AM

Does being so ****in stupid cause you Headaches ?

Crucifax Autumn
12/29/2008, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy Lizard

Does being so ****in stupid cause you Headaches ?

He gives 'em to me and I just like pointing and laughing so much that I can't bring myself to set him to ignore.

olevetonahill
12/29/2008, 01:23 AM
He gives 'em to me and I just like pointing and laughing so much that I can't bring myself to set him to ignore.

Hes about to Make me hit that "You have passed out to Much spek in the last 24 hr thingy "
What a busted condom he is .:rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
12/29/2008, 01:26 AM
That's a lot of red my man!

Dude...it's there! I saw it. Also saw me and vet listed for the 1975 tiddly winks camp.

Leroy Lizard
12/29/2008, 01:31 AM
You're too clumsy to excel at tiddly winks.

olevetonahill
12/29/2008, 01:32 AM
That's a lot of red my man!

Dude...it's there! I saw it. Also saw me and vet listed for the 1975 tiddly winks camp.

Dude dont Ya member?
I wuz in charge of that thing .

olevetonahill
12/29/2008, 01:33 AM

And yer to Special needs to excel at posting :rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
12/29/2008, 01:34 AM
I really wasn't kidding, just look at the last entry under traditions:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_Sooners#Traditions

olevetonahill
12/29/2008, 01:37 AM

You and Sicem need to go here .:P
http://www.nevtron.si/borderline/lizard.gif

Leroy Lizard
12/29/2008, 01:42 AM
Oh, I get it. The lizard doesn't have a tail, so he goes to Tony's Tux and (get this) Tails.

One thing bothers me: They don't rent or sell lizard tails in stores. The tails are the long backside of tuxedos. They're not the same thing.

Here's proof:

tail -- the hindmost part of an animal, esp. that forming a distinct, flexible appendage to the trunk.

tail -- the tapering skirts or ends at the back of a coat, esp. a tail coat.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/tail

That lizard is going to be mighty disappointed.

Leroy Lizard
12/29/2008, 01:44 AM
I really wasn't kidding, just look at the last entry under traditions:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahom...ers#Traditions

Bwahahahahaha! That's awesome! You had me for about one second.

olevetonahill
12/29/2008, 01:45 AM
Here's proof:
tail -- the hindmost part of an animal, esp. that forming a distinct, flexible appendage to the trunk.

Yup yer the Hindmost of a critter that aint got a tail:rolleyes:

olevetonahill
12/29/2008, 01:46 AM
Bwahahahahaha! That's awesome! You had me for about one second.

Caint fool you fer Nuthin can we ?
You sharper than a Bowling Ball .

Leroy Lizard
12/29/2008, 01:47 AM
Yup yer the Hindmost of a critter that aint got a tail

Groan.

Hey, Crucifax! Can you help him out here?

Crucifax Autumn
12/29/2008, 01:51 AM
What? His insults aren't good enough for you? Please don't get me started too! I have a way of saying things that are "way over the line" and I know it.

Crucifax Autumn
12/29/2008, 01:53 AM
besides, I've already pulled my daily dumb stunt with this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_Sooners#Traditions)

olevetonahill
12/29/2008, 01:54 AM
What? His insults aren't good enough for you? Please don't get me started too! I have a way of saying things that are "way over the line" and I know it.

What ya skeered to tell a reptile to suck a dik ?
:rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
12/29/2008, 01:56 AM
Here's a little story about how Leroy got too big for his britches:

monkey is sitting in a tree, smoking a joint, when a lizard walks
past. The lizard looks up and says to the monkey "Hey! what are you
doing?" The monkey says "Smoking a joint, come up and join me, my
cold-blooded friend." So the lizard climbs up and sits next to the
monkey and they have another joint.

After a while the lizard says his mouth is ’dry’, and that he’s going to
get a drink from the river.

At the riverbank, the lizard is so stoned that he leans too far over
and falls in. A Crocodile sees this and swims over to the stoned lizard,
helping him to the side. He then asks the lizard, "What’s the matter
with you?!"

The lizard explains to the crocodile that he was sitting in the tree,
smoking a joint with his new monkey friend. He then explained how his
mouth got dry, and that he was so wasted that, when he went to get a
drink from the river, he fell in!

The inquisitive crocodile says he has to check this out He walks into
the jungle and finds the tree where the monkey is sitting, finishing
a joint. He looks up and says "Hey, MONKEY!"

The Monkey looks down and says "F**K, DUDE....... how much water
did you drink?"

Crucifax Autumn
12/29/2008, 01:58 AM
A guy walks into a bar. As he sits down on a stool he notices there's a lizard telling jokes on the stage. The guy says to the barman, "Whats with the lizard?" The barman replies "Oh he's the stand up chameleon"

Leroy Lizard
12/29/2008, 02:00 AM

Yeah, but your insults have some zing to them. olevetonahill's insults are pee-wee league. The next thing you know, he will be resorting to disgusting sexual practices.

Wait, I hear one of his posts coming.

What ya skeered to tell a reptile to suck a dik ?

Yep, there it is!

Crucifax, you really gotta' help him.

Leroy Lizard
12/29/2008, 02:02 AM
Here's a little story about how Leroy got too big for his britches:

monkey is sitting in a tree, smoking a joint, when a lizard walks
past. The lizard looks up and says to the monkey "Hey! what are you
doing?" The monkey says "Smoking a joint, come up and join me, my
cold-blooded friend." So the lizard climbs up and sits next to the
monkey and they have another joint.

After a while the lizard says his mouth is ’dry’, and that he’s going to
get a drink from the river.

At the riverbank, the lizard is so stoned that he leans too far over
and falls in. A Crocodile sees this and swims over to the stoned lizard,
helping him to the side. He then asks the lizard, "What’s the matter
with you?!"

The lizard explains to the crocodile that he was sitting in the tree,
smoking a joint with his new monkey friend. He then explained how his
mouth got dry, and that he was so wasted that, when he went to get a
drink from the river, he fell in!

The inquisitive crocodile says he has to check this out He walks into
the jungle and finds the tree where the monkey is sitting, finishing
a joint. He looks up and says "Hey, MONKEY!"

The Monkey looks down and says "F**K, DUDE....... how much water
did you drink?"

I don't get it.

Leroy Lizard
12/29/2008, 02:03 AM
A guy walks into a bar. As he sits down on a stool he notices there's a lizard telling jokes on the stage. The guy says to the barman, "Whats with the lizard?" The barman replies "Oh he's the stand up chameleon"

Now THAT'S funny.

Crucifax Autumn
12/29/2008, 02:04 AM
I don't get it.

Big surprise!

olevetonahill
12/29/2008, 02:05 AM
Yeah, but your insults have some zing to them. olevetonahill's insults are pee-wee league. The next thing you know, he will be resorting to disgusting sexual practices.

Wait, I hear one of his posts coming.

Yep, there it is!

Crucifax, you really gotta' help him.

Go Kiss yer Dog :rolleyes:

olevetonahill
12/29/2008, 02:06 AM
Go Kiss yer Dog :rolleyes:

Oh wait ! Thats You in yer avie aint it ? yer dog runs from ya.

Crucifax Autumn
12/29/2008, 02:06 AM
Here's another one you won't get, if that's the case ask one of your brothers:

A woman walks into the downtown welfare office, trailed by 15 kids... "WOW," the social worker exclaims, are they ALL YOURS???"

"Yep they are all mine," the flustered momma sighs, having heard that question a thousand times before. She says, "Sit down Leroy" All the children rush to find seats.

"Well," says the social worker, "then you must be here to sign up. I'll need all your children's names."

"This one's my oldest - he is Leroy."
"OK, and who's next?"
"Well, this one he is Leroy, also."
The social worker raises an eyebrow but continues.
One by one, through the oldest four, all boys, all named Leroy. Then she
is introduced to the eldest girl, named Leighroy!

"All right," says the caseworker. "I'm seeing a pattern here. Are they ALL
named Leroy?"

Their Momma replied,! "Well, yes-it makes it easier. When it is time to get them out of bed and ready for school, I yell, 'Leroy!' An' when it's time for dinner, I just yell 'Leroy!' an' they all comes a running.' An' if I need to stop the kid who's running into the street, I just yell 'Leroy' and all of them stop It's the smartest idea I ever had, naming' them all Leroy."

The social worker thinks this over for a bit, then wrinkles her forehead and says tentatively, "But what if you just want ONE kid to come, and not the whole bunch?"

"I call them by their last names."

Crucifax Autumn
12/29/2008, 02:08 AM
This one seems fitting since it's leroys and gators making my roids flare up...

A filthy rich southern man decided that he wanted to throw a party and invited all of his buddies and neighbors. He also invited Leroy, the redneck of the neighborhood. He held the party around the pool in the backyard of his mansion. Leroy was having a good time drinking, dancing, eating shrimp, oysters and BBQ and flirting with all the women. At the height of the party, the host said, 'I have a 10 ft. man-eating gator in my pool and I'll give a million dollars to anyone who has the nerve to jump in.'

The words were barely out of his mouth when there was a loud splash and everyone turned around and saw Leroy in the pool!
Leroy was fighting the gator and kicking its butt! Leroy was jabbing the gator in the eyes with his thumbs, throwing punches, head butts and choke holds, biting the gator on the tail and flipping the gator through the air like some kind of Judo Instructor. The water was churning and splashing everywhere. Both Leroy and the gator were screaming and raising hell.

Finally Leroy strangled the gator and let it float to the top like a dime store goldfish. Leroy then slowly climbed out of the pool. Everybody was just staring at him in disbelief.

The host says, 'Well, Leroy, I reckon I owe you a million dollars.'
'No, that's okay. I don't want it,' said Leroy.
The rich man said, 'Man, I have to give you something. You won the bet. How about half a million bucks then?'
'No thanks, I don't want it,' answered Leroy.
The host said, 'Come on, I insist on giving you something. That was amazing. How about a new Porsche and a Rolex and some stock options?'

Again Leroy said no.

Confused, the rich man asked, 'Well, Leroy, then what do you want?'

Leroy said, 'I want the name of the sumbich who pushed me in the pool.'

Crucifax Autumn
12/29/2008, 02:10 AM
Oh wait ! Thats You in yer avie aint it ? yer dog runs from ya.

That's a dog? I thought it was a constipated gremlin.

Leroy Lizard
12/29/2008, 02:15 AM
A woman walks into the downtown welfare office, trailed by 15 kids... "WOW," the social worker exclaims, are they ALL YOURS???"

"Yep they are all mine," the flustered momma sighs, having heard that question a thousand times before. She says, "Sit down Leroy"

Wait. I'm not liking the looks of this joke.

Crucifax Autumn
12/29/2008, 02:17 AM
Sit down Leroy

Crucifax Autumn
12/29/2008, 02:17 AM
back to the topic...OU is gonna kill Florida no matter how many reptiles come along and proclaim the opposite.

Leroy Lizard
12/29/2008, 02:22 AM
A filthy rich southern man decided that he wanted to throw a party and invited all of his buddies and neighbors. He also invited Leroy, the redneck of the neighborhood. He held the party around the pool in the backyard of his mansion. Leroy was having a good time drinking, dancing, eating shrimp, oysters and BBQ and flirting with all the women.

Sounds like me. That's the kind of time I like.

At the height of the party, the host said, 'I have a 10 ft. man-eating gator in my pool and I'll give a million dollars to anyone who has the nerve to jump in.'

I've got a lot of nerve, I would jump in. Gotta be courageous.

The words were barely out of his mouth when there was a loud splash and everyone turned around and saw Leroy in the pool!
Leroy was fighting the gator and kicking its butt! Leroy was jabbing the gator in the eyes with his thumbs, throwing punches, head butts and choke holds, biting the gator on the tail and flipping the gator through the air like some kind of Judo Instructor. The water was churning and splashing everywhere. Both Leroy and the gator were screaming and raising hell.

Yeah, but the Gator would be screaming more. That sounds like me, kicking some Gator butt. (And do not change "kicking" to "kissing")

Finally Leroy strangled the gator and let it float to the top like a dime store goldfish. Leroy then slowly climbed out of the pool. Everybody was just staring at him in disbelief.

Why the disbelief? They all should have known I would have killed that gator with ease.

The host says, 'Well, Leroy, I reckon I owe you a million dollars.'
'No, that's okay. I don't want it,' said Leroy.

That's one of the great things about me. I'm not greedy. I know what's important in life. Well-balanced, I am.

The rich man said, 'Man, I have to give you something. You won the bet. How about half a million bucks then?'
'No thanks, I don't want it,' answered Leroy.
The host said, 'Come on, I insist on giving you something. That was amazing. How about a new Porsche and a Rolex and some stock options?'

Again Leroy said no.

I just cannot be bought. A man has to have his principles.

Confused, the rich man asked, 'Well, Leroy, then what do you want?'

Leroy said, 'I want the name of the sumbich who pushed me in the pool.'

Hey, wait. That's not right.

Crucifax Autumn
12/29/2008, 02:33 AM
See, if I was as mean as I oughtta be this would be a great chance to bring up the gene pool you crawled out of, but I don't wanna offend any swamp-dwellers or arkansas people, so I won't mention the way gene pools are depleted through inbreeding.

oh....wait...oops!

olevetonahill
12/29/2008, 02:49 AM
See, if I was as mean as I oughtta be this would be a great chance to bring up the gene pool you crawled out of, but I don't wanna offend any swamp-dwellers or arkansas people, so I won't mention the way gene pools are depleted through inbreeding.

oh....wait...oops!

Primordial ooze.

olevetonahill
12/29/2008, 02:58 AM
Here's another one you won't get, if that's the case ask one of your brothers:

"Yep they are all mine," the flustered momma sighs, having heard that question a thousand times before. She says, "Sit down Leroy" All the children rush to find seats.

"Well," says the social worker, "then you must be here to sign up. I'll need all your children's names."

"This one's my oldest - he is Leroy."
"OK, and who's next?"
"Well, this one he is Leroy, also."
The social worker raises an eyebrow but continues.
One by one, through the oldest four, all boys, all named Leroy. Then she
is introduced to the eldest girl, named Leighroy!

"All right," says the caseworker. "I'm seeing a pattern here. Are they ALL
named Leroy?"

Their Momma replied,! "Well, yes-it makes it easier. When it is time to get them out of bed and ready for school, I yell, 'Leroy!' An' when it's time for dinner, I just yell 'Leroy!' an' they all comes a running.' An' if I need to stop the kid who's running into the street, I just yell 'Leroy' and all of them stop It's the smartest idea I ever had, naming' them all Leroy."

The social worker thinks this over for a bit, then wrinkles her forehead and says tentatively, "But what if you just want ONE kid to come, and not the whole bunch?"

"I call them by their last names."

My Last Kid , I named him Woodpile .
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/blogs/twofortheroad/posts/20wat-kid533.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
12/29/2008, 03:33 AM
wow...that's just bad man! lmao

Crucifax Autumn
12/29/2008, 03:34 AM
wow...this was getting fun while I was on my mission...

Check out the posse

Sooner04
12/29/2008, 09:56 AM
In what has become a trend with you, you'd once again be incorrect. I do not follow OU, or collegiate, tennis. In most of the other sports OU fields, the players have the chance to be world class. In tennis, collegiate players are also-rans. At least that's my perspective.

You've been wrong every step of the way in this thread. Perhaps it's time you find something else to do.

olevetonahill
12/29/2008, 09:58 AM
In what has become a trend with you, you'd once again be incorrect. I do not follow OU, or collegiate, tennis. In most of the other sports OU fields, the players have the chance to be world class. In tennis, collegiate players are also-rans. At least that's my perspective.

You've been wrong every step of the way in this thread. Perhaps it's time you find something else to do.

Dont Make Him Join the Tiddly Winks team :mad:

badger
12/29/2008, 10:04 AM
Dont Make Him Join the Tiddly Winks team :mad:

Poser fan alert - tiddlywinks is ONE word. :mad:

olevetonahill
12/29/2008, 10:07 AM
Poser fan alert - tiddlywinks is ONE word. :mad:

I spose the Next thing ya gonna do is try to Tell Me Santyclause aint real ?:eek:

badger
12/29/2008, 10:10 AM
I spose the Next thing ya gonna do is try to Tell Me Santyclause aint real ?:eek:

It is far too early on this Monday morning to get into an argument like this. That does it... I'm resurrecting the compliment-a-gator thread :mad:

olevetonahill
12/29/2008, 10:24 AM
It is far too early on this Monday morning to get into an argument like this. That does it... I'm resurrecting the compliment-a-gator thread :mad:

Oh Hell .:eek:

Crucifax Autumn
12/29/2008, 11:15 AM
You better watch out man...she'll call ya out lid style!

CrimsonJim
12/29/2008, 12:47 PM
I'm kinda new 'round these here parts, but from what I've a been a readin' (and that's considerable), don't seem like Liz plays very well with others, do he?