PDA

View Full Version : Official what did you get for Christmas

OUHOMER
12/25/2008, 10:45 AM
I will post pic later, But I got an OU desk chair :D

OUHOMER
12/25/2008, 11:12 AM
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My wife loves me...
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg79/mustangbilbo/OU%20Chair/chair005.jpg

Turd_Ferguson
12/25/2008, 11:15 AM
That rawks!!

BigRedJed
12/25/2008, 11:16 AM
See? Christmas is no longer crummy, OUHOMER. Merry Christmas.

OUHOMER
12/25/2008, 11:18 AM
That rawks!!

It actually does.... :D

OUHOMER
12/25/2008, 11:19 AM
See? Christmas is no longer crummy, OUHOMER. Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas and yes It's all good :D

Turd_Ferguson
12/25/2008, 11:20 AM
http://www.robbinssports.com/sporting-goods-store/images/A4-N8107-Large-Equipment-Bag-Gym.jpg
http://www.sscnet.ucla.edu/geog/gessler/topics/switches-household.jpg:mad::(

OUHOMER
12/25/2008, 11:23 AM
Is that a hint to fix the light switch or pack your bags?

Turd_Ferguson
12/25/2008, 11:25 AM
Is that a hint to fix the light switch or pack your bags?Bag O'Switches..........or, turn the lights off right before the door hits me in the ***:confused::D

OUHOMER
12/25/2008, 11:28 AM
LOL, the wife also found a piece of candy that looks like coal.

She had it in my stockings.

King Crimson
12/25/2008, 11:31 AM
pretty nifty chair. my mom sent me 500$ and a huge bag of jalapeno flavored pistachio nuts. i'll probably buy a new camel-hair overcoat with the cheese. my sister baked me some almond cookies.

OU-HSV
12/25/2008, 11:33 AM
Nice chair! So far I got only a few OU items, so this has kind of been a light year for me when it comes to OU gear. A new stocking cap, a long sleeved tee, some flannel pj pants is what I've raked in so far.

Edit: Oh yeah and the 3 Heisman autographed football I got at the Tulsa State Fair as an early Christmas gift.

soonerinabilene
12/25/2008, 11:48 AM
My grandma got me an autographed Josh Heupel ball that she waited in line for 2 hours to get. It even has my name on it and says "God Bless". Thats right, biznachos, Josh Heupel wrote my name on a ball and then blessed me.

1890MilesToNorman
12/25/2008, 12:20 PM
2 pair of jeans (wrong size of course) and a farmers almanac! I gots everything I need so it was a great Christmas. Eat'en me some prime rib later.

The family finally took me serious about cutting back. I love it. :D

Okla-homey
12/25/2008, 12:31 PM
an iPhone. I'm real happy wit dat.

However, the lamp the Mrs bought me from a little shop in Ard Vegas, which was shipped via UPS Ground in a box waaay to large, and packed only with a few newspaper wads, was perhaps predictably destroyed during shipment

Mrs Homey was dissapointed, but its all good. We've traded with Sue at the Brown Paper Bag for decades, and I bet she'll make it right.

Anyhoo, me and the guy who once won a lamp at Christmastime now have something in common; both our lamps got broken.:D

Okla-homey
12/25/2008, 12:34 PM
Thats right, biznachos, Josh Heupel wrote my name on a ball and then blessed me.

With that going for you, you should immediately go out and find all your enemies, then deliver epic beatdowns.;)

sooner2b09
12/25/2008, 12:36 PM
Four OU books!

along with assortments of clothes candy money and an OU sweatshirt.

Oh and the best gift of all my parents helping me pay for my college tuition to Oklahoma next year!

NCSooner18
12/25/2008, 12:50 PM
"Bud said to Barry, who told Bob...." book, Sooner trivia book, ipod nano, boxer shorts that look like a football, George Thorogood greatest hits CD

King Crimson
12/25/2008, 01:04 PM
spek to 2b09's folks for the tuition effort. makes a difference.

proud gonzo
12/25/2008, 01:10 PM
I got a new cell phone (well, when I get back from NJ in January, I'll get the new phone)
lots of dvds
a new keyboard (nice ergonomic one so i don't get carpal tunnel)
a waffle maker
a sock monkey
and an antique german button-box accordion!!!

I'll post a few photos later.

badger
12/25/2008, 01:20 PM
me: his autograph on a Packer hat...
http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/image/41799/parker417.jpg
him: one of these:
http://www.arcadejournal.org/pics/Xbox-Elite.jpg

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
12/25/2008, 01:21 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61MobNLToIL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
This amazing book is all I wanted for Christmas. I also got a pair of OU slippers and an OU flat wallet. Still one more present to open. . .

proud gonzo
12/25/2008, 01:50 PM
oh, and I also bought myself a kickass little dress yesterday. I love christmas sales.

GottaHavePride
12/25/2008, 01:55 PM
I got a Bacon cookbook. Flippin' awesome.

There are desserts.

And a bunch of dvds.

And a small tract of land in Scotland. :D

King Crimson
12/25/2008, 01:57 PM
Dad's gift: we are going to go up and play Southern Hills and Prairie Dunes over a weekend next summer. woot! better start practicing, i suck.

sooner2b09
12/25/2008, 02:02 PM
This amazing book is all I wanted for Christmas. I also got a pair of OU slippers and an OU flat wallet. Still one more present to open. . .

I got that too, its pretty awesome. Along with The College Football book from Sports Illustrated.

soonerboomer93
12/25/2008, 02:05 PM
books, movies

no clothes (which is good since i'm shrinking)

Owens, Sims, White autographed football

Frozen Sooner
12/25/2008, 02:43 PM
The Dark Knight BD
Little Big Planet
Rock Band 2
A couple of pairs of 7 for All Mankind jeans from a couple of lady friends to celebrate the shrinking.

Gifts from the 'rents haven't arrived yet as they got tangled up in the big mess that is Sea-Tac airport right now.

OU-HSV
12/25/2008, 02:48 PM
2 pair of jeans (wrong size of course) and a farmers almanac! I gots everything I need so it was a great Christmas. Eat'en me some prime rib later.

The family finally took me serious about cutting back. I love it. :D

No farmers almanac for me, but I got a high tech looking weather monitor that is supposed to let me program golf courses, towns/cities, sporting venues, etc. into it.
I haven't hooked it up yet though because the indoor part of it must hook into my modem somehow...but I only have one Ethernet size female plug opening on my modem. So I'm not quite sure how I'm gonna get this thing to work. Anyone else have a weather monitor like this???

Frozen Sooner
12/25/2008, 02:56 PM
Routers are cheap, my friend.

OU-HSV
12/25/2008, 03:00 PM
I've never messed with a router, I've always had my hardrive hooked directly to my modem via ethernet/or USB. What will it do, hook into my ethernet port and give me more ethernet ports. Like an adapter or something?

Frozen Sooner
12/25/2008, 03:03 PM
Basically. I mean, if you want a more technical explanation I'm sure yermom or someone can give one to you, but it'll basically work like a splitter except without the 3dB loss in signal.

Just hook it up with ethernet cable from the modem to the router, then ethernet from the router to the network cards in both the weather center and your computer. Easy as pie. They're all pretty much plug and play at this point, so you won't even have to configure it.

Most even come with a firewall, which is nice from a network security standpoint.

OU-HSV
12/25/2008, 03:14 PM
Cool. Thanks. I'll be checking into this for sure.
My other option is to use a USB cable from my modem to my hard drive, which would free up my ethernet outlet on the modem for my weather monitor. But from my understanding the ethernet cable improves internet speed (over USB cables)..so I'm leaning more toward the router idea that you mentioned.

soonerboomer93
12/25/2008, 03:40 PM
generally the modems will work only on either the ethernet or the usb, not both at the same time.

basically a router, allows simultaneous connections on a single outbound ip address by created seperate ip addresses inside your home network.

Think of your home network as a big apartment complex. The modem is your front door, that has the main address for the building. The router then addresses to all the little apartments, allowing multiple apartments on 1 main address.

OU-HSV
12/25/2008, 03:44 PM
generally the modems will work only on either the either net or the usb, not both at the same time.

basically a router, allows simultaneous connections on a single outbound ip address by created seperate ip addresses inside your home network.

Think of your home network as a big apartment complex. The modem is your front door, that has the main address for the building. The router then addresses to all the little apartments, allowing multiple apartments on 1 main address.

Got it. Nice breakdown :pop:

soonersweetie
12/25/2008, 04:07 PM
I got a heavy OU Crimson Hooded Sweatshirt. And a plane ticket to fly home to see hubby and kids in February:D

oh, and I got to watch kids open presents via webcam today. That was the best. Getting to at least see them today.

SoonerStormchaser
12/25/2008, 06:41 PM
Teh hawt wife got me the only thing on my list:
http://bhorner3.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/caralt.jpg
With this guy's name on the back:
http://flamesfan77.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/0620brind.jpg

OKC-SLC
12/25/2008, 11:32 PM
but I only have one Ethernet size female plug opening on my modem.

heh.

OU-HSV
12/26/2008, 12:26 AM
heh.

word :D

SicEmBaylor
12/26/2008, 03:24 AM
-Blu-Ray player
-Logitech Harmony remote
-Some movies
-clothes
-A box of Upmann vintage cameroon's
-A Bill Clinton cork screw (the cork screw is between his legs and raises up when ready for use)
-Call of Duty: WaW
-A biography of Heinz Guderian
-A cigar encyclopedia
-A set of assorted adult beverage mixes
-A **** load of batteries

StoopTroup
12/26/2008, 10:05 AM
PS3

OU Stuff :D

Shoe Shine kit (Joe Pesci Collector's Edition) :D

Sony Noise Canceling Headphones

Clothes

Adult beverage or two...

Some other stuff...I can't remember right now

Ace
12/26/2008, 11:55 AM
Got a Tom Tom g.p.s. - An OU clock - New coffee maker - Oh, and some new undies!

Sooner02
12/26/2008, 01:58 PM
I got a Wii, what's the coolest game to get for it? I'm sore from the sports..

Kels
12/26/2008, 06:11 PM
Carhartt jacket
OU Hawaiian shirt
S&W 24-7 knife
Caterpillar steel toe boots
Ruger Mk III
The War Journal of Major Damon "Rocky" Gause
6 month subscription to the "Chips & Salsa of the Month Club"
Nautical clock

OU_PhD
12/26/2008, 06:33 PM
I got this for Christmas--it made my day:

from my daughter (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXFfWZX27VE)

GottaHavePride
12/26/2008, 07:19 PM
6 month subscription to the "Chips & Salsa of the Month Club"

Dude. Awesome.

But next year, tell them there's a Bacon of the Month Club from the Grateful Palate in California. ;)

stoopified
12/26/2008, 09:41 PM
3 OU t-shirts,that is all.

SteelCitySooner
12/26/2008, 10:48 PM
I got: an Armani suit, Zegna shirt, p90x+ workout videos, bruno magli shoes, several Armani ties, several boss shirts, and my favorite gift, a homeade painted tie from my six year old daughter :D

pott_2
12/27/2008, 08:02 AM
I got Apple TV. If you don't already have it....get it. It's sweet.

olevetonahill
12/27/2008, 08:17 AM
I got this for Christmas--it made my day:

from my daughter (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXFfWZX27VE)

Sweet , I watched it all. Shes a Beautiful baby .

OU_PhD
12/27/2008, 01:02 PM
Sweet , I watched it all. Shes a Beautiful baby .

Thank you! I love her more than anything on Earth!

olevetonahill
12/27/2008, 03:38 PM
Thank you! I love her more than anything on Earth!

You do Know that she will Have you wrapped around her Little Finger for the rest Of YOUR life Dont cha ?:D

1890MilesToNorman
12/27/2008, 03:43 PM
Vet, you never said what you got? A new still maybe?

Frozen Sooner
12/27/2008, 03:57 PM
I got Apple TV. If you don't already have it....get it. It's sweet.

Yeah, I dig mine.

Vaevictis
12/27/2008, 05:57 PM
Basically. I mean, if you want a more technical explanation I'm sure yermom or someone can give one to you, but it'll basically work like a splitter except without the 3dB loss in signal.

Just hook it up with ethernet cable from the modem to the router, then ethernet from the router to the network cards in both the weather center and your computer. Easy as pie. They're all pretty much plug and play at this point, so you won't even have to configure it.

Most even come with a firewall, which is nice from a network security standpoint.

generally the modems will work only on either the ethernet or the usb, not both at the same time.

You people are giving technoweenies like myself seizures.

Vaevictis
12/27/2008, 06:02 PM
I got a bunch of books, some video games, some clothing, some nice bookends, and toner for my printer.

Vaevictis
12/27/2008, 06:07 PM
And the reason it's giving me a seizure is that the way you guys described a router is as if I described a car engine as something that causes music to play in the cabin.

Yeah, cars have both engines and radios, but an engine is not a radio :(

*twitch*

Frozen Sooner
12/27/2008, 06:16 PM
Sorry. If I had told him to go down the Best Buy and pick up a network switch, the blue shirts would have just stared at him.

12/27/2008, 06:16 PM
I bought myself frozen biscuits and gravy and a big jug of orange juice at Wallgreen's.

Hey, it was the only place open.

OUHOMER
12/27/2008, 06:18 PM
And the reason it's giving me a seizure is that the way you guys described a router is as if I described a car engine as something that causes music to play in the cabin.

*twitch*

But the engine does cause the music to play. Engine run, charges battery or start the car, which turns the alternator, which cause volt to the radio...

it like magic just like a router :D

Vaevictis
12/27/2008, 06:26 PM
Sorry. If I had told him to go down the Best Buy and pick up a network switch, the blue shirts would have just stared at him.

Yeah, I know. I'm just slightly OCD. Don't mind me.

Vaevictis
12/27/2008, 06:27 PM
But the engine does cause the music to play. Engine run, charges battery or start the car, which turns the alternator, which cause volt to the radio...

it like magic just like a router :D

Heh, yeah. But it was more like, "Well, you want that car to run, go buy yourself a radio. That'll do the trick."

Frozen Sooner
12/27/2008, 06:33 PM
How about if I had said "It's kind of like a t joint for your innernet tubes"?

Would have that been better? ;)

VeeJay
12/27/2008, 07:26 PM
Guitar Hero for the Wii (yet to be attempted)

Fire pit for the patio (awesome)

$250 from my parents (I'm 49 years old, for Crissakes....but it's all good...)

Pajamas...house slippers...silk boxers...a sweater...Harley calendar for my office...a few DVD movies...I don't know - some other things.

The best thing we got was having all our girls here for Christmas -our first one in North Carolina. Our two grown daughters flew here from Ft. Lauderdale and San Diego. Thank you Girls!!

Vaevictis
12/27/2008, 09:52 PM
How about if I had said "It's kind of like a t joint for your innernet tubes"?

Would have that been better? ;)

I just had an aneurysm. Srsly.

afs
12/28/2008, 01:02 AM
the day off from meetings.

LoyalFan
12/28/2008, 06:32 AM
-A biography of Heinz Guderian

If you refer to "Panzer Leader"...great read.
I kept a small framed photo of General Guderian on my desk as a Tank Company Commander or when on Staff duty. This raised some eyebrows and necessitated frequent explanation. I even took the pic with me to Vietnam where, sadly, it was lost in a rocket attack on our compound.
I reread "Panzer Leader" annually.
For those who though all German generals were SOBs, though most already know that Field Marshal Rommel was a fine man, here's some skinny on General Heinz Guderian;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinz_Guderian
Fine and honorable officer. I wish I could have spent an evening "talking shop" with him.

LF

stoops the eternal pimp
12/28/2008, 12:30 PM
a new mattress and box springs

a few shirts

from my daughter, some oreos and whoppers

StoopTroup
12/28/2008, 07:57 PM
Just opened my last gift from my BIL....

http://www.cheapshotbilliards.com/images/P/sfc-16-01-01.jpg

SicEmBaylor
12/29/2008, 12:18 AM
If you refer to "Panzer Leader"...great read.
I kept a small framed photo of General Guderian on my desk as a Tank Company Commander or when on Staff duty. This raised some eyebrows and necessitated frequent explanation. I even took the pic with me to Vietnam where, sadly, it was lost in a rocket attack on our compound.
I reread "Panzer Leader" annually.
For those who though all German generals were SOBs, though most already know that Field Marshal Rommel was a fine man, here's some skinny on General Heinz Guderian;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinz_Guderian
Fine and honorable officer. I wish I could have spent an evening "talking shop" with him.

LF

Panzer Leader is exactly what it is. I read Manstein's autobiography not too long ago and really enjoyed it though it's exceedingly technical and detailed in parts.

I bet you know your way around an M60.

LoyalFan
12/29/2008, 05:15 AM
Panzer Leader is exactly what it is. I read Manstein's autobiography not too long ago and really enjoyed it though it's exceedingly technical and detailed in parts.

I bet you know your way around an M60.

That would be M60A1 (105MM), eckshully.
http://www.army-technology.com/projects/m60/images/m60_tank4.jpg

Commanded a company (17) of those at Ft. Riley, 68-69, and in Germany while on a manuever during that time frame.
Nothing like hearing a grizzled old NCO snarl at a young trooper "If ya' don't shape yer azz up you're gonna see the Old Man!" The aforementioned Old Man being barely 25 yr-old me. You know, tall kid with the teddy bear and coloring book in his turret.
We used the older M48A3 upgrade in Beautiful SE Asia. Had a lot of 90mm ammo that needed using up. Good mount though, and that Beehive round was a killAr.
I love the smell of diesel and gunsmoke in the morning. It smells like...well, diesel and gunsmoke.

Lancer6
AKA LoyalFan

OUAlumni1990
12/29/2008, 08:48 AM
Got a really cool handmade OU clock made from wood. Couple of cool CD's. And a shirt. Couple of gift certifcates.

soonerboomer93
12/29/2008, 11:32 AM

*twitch*

sometimes, you have to turn the engine into the radio so that less computer savy people can do it

not everyone is a technophile, infact there's far more technophobes then technophiles

frankensooner
12/29/2008, 11:47 AM
I got a lot more than I deserved. The Playstation 3 really rocked my face off. Little Big World is the best game evar. I also got several bluray movies, lots of wii games and jr4OU got me a totally bitchin' toaster over. Thanks bro.

soonerbrat
12/29/2008, 12:17 PM
http://i20.ebayimg.com/06/i/001/27/08/efed_1.JPG

and a plane ticket.

not those exact tickets - just the best pic I could find of some.

SicEmBaylor
12/29/2008, 12:44 PM

Commanded a company (17) of those at Ft. Riley, 68-69, and in Germany while on a manuever during that time frame.
Nothing like hearing a grizzled old NCO snarl at a young trooper "If ya' don't shape yer azz up you're gonna see the Old Man!" The aforementioned Old Man being barely 25 yr-old me. You know, tall kid with the teddy bear and coloring book in his turret.
We used the older M48A3 upgrade in Beautiful SE Asia. Had a lot of 90mm ammo that needed using up. Good mount though, and that Beehive round was a killAr.
I love the smell of diesel and gunsmoke in the morning. It smells like...well, diesel and gunsmoke.

Lancer6
AKA LoyalFan

You're my new favorite poster. Was the 90mm ammo largely left over from the Korean War? I ask because I think the Pershing at the end of WWII and Koren War was our first MBT that used 90mm ammo.

That sure is a beautiful tank. I bet it was smooth as silk to drive. :D

If I could have had it guaranteed that I'd be put into the armored corps then I might have gone through ROTC and joined the Army. I know I don't have the physical strength for it though. I'm the size of a zit on a flea's ***.

frankensooner
12/29/2008, 12:47 PM
I think you are a perfect size for a tank guy.

I have an ex bil that was 6'4" and I have no idea how he fit in his tank.

SicEmBaylor
12/29/2008, 12:50 PM

I definitely wouldn't be as crowded as some of the other guys. I also have the total opposite of claustrophobia -- I'm more comfortable in small confined spaces than large open ones.

SouthFortySooner
12/29/2008, 01:27 PM
UnderArmour Coldweather Gear. I'm goin fishin when its 10 degrees now with only them on. :D

SoonerJack
12/29/2008, 02:58 PM

Lancer6
AKA LoyalFan

So, LoyalFan, would it be too much to ask for some cool stories from your military experience? Seriously.

Cool tank btw.

LoyalFan
12/30/2008, 05:23 AM

WAS 6'4"??? What did you do to him?!?!?!
I was/am 6'2" and that was no deterrent to me. I had a buddy, a fellow "Young Lion" in our battalion at Ft. Riley, that was 6'5" when he graduated from The Point. Like David Robinson he was shorter when he entered the academy.
You just had to be careful when actually poking about in the turret.
Most of the time we were not buttoned up and so, standing on the pedestal, head and shoulders protruding from the commander's hatch (the little sub-turret on the tanks right side.) where I had my .50 Cal MG to play with.
O could also control the entire turret, main gun, and the .30 Cal MG mounted co-axially therewith, by reaching to my right, inside my position, and seizing the Commander's Override. I DID love to personally unleash unmitigated Hell, though my gunner would pout a bit.

LF

soonerbrat
1/5/2009, 11:44 AM
http://i20.ebayimg.com/06/i/001/27/08/efed_1.JPG

and a plane ticket.

not those exact tickets - just the best pic I could find of some.

:D:D:D:D:D
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/soonerbrat/tickets.jpg

frankensooner
1/5/2009, 02:06 PM
4th row endzone. Nice seats!!! :D

soonerbrat
1/5/2009, 02:09 PM
look for me on tv..i'll be the one in crimson.

soonerbrat
1/5/2009, 02:11 PM
4th row endzone. Nice seats!!! :D

well we won't be able to see much except all the scores that will be made in that corner...

OU4LIFE
1/5/2009, 02:37 PM

I got that book as well. Props to Kenny, he got it right, that is a sweet book.