PDA

View Full Version : From an "intensity" standpoint.....

Iam4OUru
12/24/2008, 07:38 PM
OU was obviously the better team in all of their BCS matchups (except for SUC in '05) but lost because of a lack of intensity. The win in Norman vs TTU was the most intense I've seen the team in years. Will this same intensity, fire and drive be enough to get us OUr 8th national title?

Gaytor fans.....

I'm, in no way, comparing Texas Tech to your team. Since you have no clue what I'm talking about please save your smartass comments for another thread.

catsigater
12/24/2008, 07:50 PM
If that game had been in Lubbock, (y)OU'da been in trouble. TTU kilt the team whot kilt OU. :P

Iam4OUru
12/24/2008, 07:55 PM
If that game had been in Lubbock, (y)OU'da been in trouble. TTU kilt the team whot kilt OU. :P

...and, TTU will "kilt" the team that "kilt" Florida.....

Had you played Old P!ss in Oxford......

Dan Thompson
12/24/2008, 07:57 PM
Wow, home field is worth 44 points!

okiewaker
12/24/2008, 08:01 PM
Wow, home field is worth 44 points!.

Yeah, probly only at Owen field.;)

P3 Gator
12/24/2008, 08:34 PM
This is the same board that rags on Tebow for how he acts during the SECCG. Maybe if OU had a little of that intensity they wouldn't be o'fer over their last four bowl games. What you guys need is some more of Sam's quiet confident leadership...

okiewaker
12/24/2008, 08:36 PM
This is the same board that rags on Tebow for how he acts during the SECCG. Maybe if OU had a little of that intensity they wouldn't be o'fer over their last four bowl games. What you guys need is some more of Sam's quiet confident leadership...

Why? We don't play. Another Gator telling the board how to act

instigator
12/24/2008, 08:38 PM
I guess asking them to leave their smart *** comments for another thread wasn't enough. :\

Iam4OUru
12/24/2008, 08:54 PM
This is the same board that rags on Tebow for how he acts during the SECCG. Maybe if OU had a little of that intensity they wouldn't be o'fer over their last four bowl games.

Duh, read my initial post, smart guy. :confused:

Iam4OUru
12/24/2008, 08:56 PM
I guess asking them to leave their smart *** comments for another thread wasn't enough. :\

Kinda like tellin' your dog not to leave the yard.....

P3 Gator
12/24/2008, 09:13 PM
Hey, Merry Christmas guys...have a good one.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/24/2008, 09:17 PM
I think preparation was the problem not intensity...

lexsooner
12/24/2008, 10:02 PM
I think preparation was the problem not intensity...

Exactly. And having to play in LSU's backyard in the Superdome certainly did not help. Even so, after a shaky first half, we actually played pretty well the second half, if I recall correctly.

FlatheadSooner
12/25/2008, 02:35 PM
Even though I am / have been somewhat gunshy this year, due to the letdowns in recent bowl games, I now have a good feeling that this OU team has what it takes to be firing on all cylinders in Miami for MNC. It goes back to the first road game this year in Seattle, even though Huskies have not posed a challenge for anyone this year, when some of the team leaders got the team to stay focused before the game. They've done it again and again throughout the season.....Nebraska, TTU, OSU, Mizzou. And now I'm hearing the same team leaders talking about the same preparations, focus, business-like, etc.. and that gives me a good feeling going into this game. This team seems very mature, cohesive, and it doesn't hurt that we are underdogs and will have a chip on our shoulders. :)

BOOMER is coming, and SOONER is coming with him!!!!
:cool: