PDA

View Full Version : Bradford jersey question

SPuL
12/24/2008, 06:14 PM
So I since it's against NCAA rules to allow sites to sell college jersey's with the name and number of real players. I was wondering has anyone or does anyone know where I could get a patch with "Bradford" on it similar to the OU jersey's so I can stitch it to the back of my jersey?

I get too many people trying to talk smack to me about Alabama and John Parker wilson until they see the front shows Sooners, then they shut up :D

thanks ~_~

A-M
12/24/2008, 06:29 PM
So I since it's against NCAA rules to allow sites to sell college jersey's with the name and number of real players. I was wondering has anyone or does anyone know where I could get a patch with "Bradford" on it similar to the OU jersey's so I can stitch it to the back of my jersey?

I get too many people trying to talk smack to me about Alabama and John Parker wilson until they see the front shows Sooners, then they shut up :D

thanks ~_~

Yes. The lady (Charlotte) at Creative Corner can make you one. Her number is 405-258-3830. She is probably closed for Christmas, but leave her a message on her phone and ask her to call you back. By the way, she is good at this kind of stuff.

soonerfan28
12/24/2008, 06:52 PM
Go to eastbay.com and order an OU jersey and you can put whatever name on the back that you want.

SPuL
12/24/2008, 07:57 PM
nah man, every site I've tried has this:

"Name and number of a current or former roster player or coach cannot be produced. All names are subject to our approval and/or each university. Orders for inappropriate or objectionable names will not be accepted."

Anybody have a current or recent Oklahoma player's jersey with the correct name and number?

As for this charlotte lady. I believe you mean in Oklahoma, right? I live up here in Boston, MA. Could I order it to be shipped?

Just wanna rep my jersey with pride!

Because I got an OU 28 jersey in the black, with red numbers for PEterson. But we've had a couple players since then who've worn that jersey also. Travis Lewis this yr I believe.

So if say some loser 3rd string QB down the road wears 14, I don't want it to be confused with him. ~_~

sOUnder
12/25/2008, 02:07 AM

"Name and number of a current or former roster player or coach cannot be produced. All names are subject to our approval and/or each university. Orders for inappropriate or objectionable names will not be accepted."

Anybody have a current or recent Oklahoma player's jersey with the correct name and number?

As for this charlotte lady. I believe you mean in Oklahoma, right? I live up here in Boston, MA. Could I order it to be shipped?

Because I got an OU 28 jersey in the black, with red numbers for PEterson. But we've had a couple players since then who've worn that jersey also. Travis Lewis this yr I believe.

So if say some loser 3rd string QB down the road wears 14, I don't want it to be confused with him. ~_~

All you need to do is take your jersey to any local shop that does team jerseys for high schools, city leagues, etc., and they'll do it for you. And if you take in a picture of the back of an OU jersey, they'll likely be able to match the official font reasonably well.

My Mom did the same thing for my son for Christmas this year.

Good luck!

Tulsa_Fireman
12/25/2008, 03:07 AM
Magic marker.

boomerfknsooner
12/25/2008, 03:14 AM
the big red shop did my peterson for like 15 bucks and sent it back to south carolina. Did a great job

Frozen Sooner
12/25/2008, 03:24 AM
Balfour's in Norman used to do it.

Me, I'm good with the #14 jersey that stood me in good stead in 1999, 2000, 2007, and 2008.

A-M
12/25/2008, 10:25 AM

Charlotte can send something anywhere that UPS delivers. In fact, if you were to send your jersey to her, she could sew the name on it and then send it back to you. She is a friend of mine and she does great work.

A-M
12/25/2008, 10:27 AM
All you need to do is take your jersey to any local shop that does team jerseys for high schools, city leagues, etc., and they'll do it for you. And if you take in a picture of the back of an OU jersey, they'll likely be able to match the official font reasonably well.

Good luck!

Doing this where you live would be cheaper and a lot faster for you. Check your Yellow Pages for a place close to you.

SPuL
12/25/2008, 02:33 PM

Good luck!

Good idea. How much that run you for? Probably not too much I hope?

But if I have no luck, def will hit up that Charlotte lady.

Thanks for the heads up. Merry Christmas to sooner nation btw!:cool:

Frozen Sooner
12/25/2008, 02:44 PM
See, I'm telling you, it's a good idea to just leave the name off so the jersey can be rotated in every few years.

I've got a #20, a #14, and a #10. We've almost always got someone good playing in one of those numbers. Keeps you from having to buy a new jersey every few years.

SPuL
12/25/2008, 03:23 PM
^true I can understand. But dude I'd rather have a jersey to represent a player I really loved watching, etc. Like none of the other 28's we've had would I want to wear their jersey. Sure, I respect their talent. But when I wear the 28 I wanna represent Adrian Peterson, and only him.

Same with 14, I know we got a lot of good 14's in past and such. But it's Sam Bradford I want to represent.

I don't know, that's just my take lol