PDA

View Full Version : The Song "O-Ten and One"

ouwasp
12/24/2008, 12:53 AM
Remember the song from back in '89, '90, somewhere in there, when osu went 0-10-1? Soon after some wise man created the spoof song based on "O Tannenbaum".

Today at lunch we were discussing which carols get too much airtime, not enough, etc. My 15 yr old daughter mentioned "O Tannenbaum"; I started laughing and told her and my wife about the spoof song.

Anybody recall the words? It would be good for the young 'uns around here to enjoy the holiday classic.:)

Thanks.....

Pricetag
12/24/2008, 01:00 AM
Oh ten and one, oh ten and one,
Not quite what Pat intended.

That's about all I remember, except one line late in the song that said, "Thank God it's time for basketball."

Overtime
12/24/2008, 03:07 AM
That would go well with the Vince Guaraldi / Peanuts version of the music. A quick Google search doesn't yield anything on the rest of the lyrics (91 was the season). "Thank God it's time for basketball" is textbook Aggie most years, but I don't think they're saying that right now. =)

Crucifax Autumn
12/24/2008, 04:08 AM
So their we suck songs rank right up there with their football rep: Nowhere to be found!

brokenarrowboomer
12/24/2008, 08:48 AM
That was created by Phil and Brent at KMOD, Brent is also known as Roy Mercer.

JGATOR
12/24/2008, 08:57 AM
That was created by Phil and Brent at KMOD, Brent is also known as Roy Mercer.

Roy (I'm gonna come down and whip your ***) Mercer is hilarious.

bluedogok
12/24/2008, 09:20 AM
My cousin was a GA on that Ohhh.....Ten and One team.

badger
12/24/2008, 12:46 PM
You know, the Pokes can be placed on the "nice" and not "naughty" list this year. I mean, we all know that they wanted to beat us and ruin our championship season, but what opponent doesn't want to beat us? Plus, they have abusive parents... Mike Holder and T. Boone Pickens. It's awfully Grinch-like to expect them to pay hundreds for the ticket they really want, especially when they have a high-dollar donor funneling so much money into the athletic department already.

Thus... a new version in honor of the Pokes... "Oh, 10-win bowl."

Oh, 10-win bowl, oh 10-win bowl,
If Pac-10 refs stay far away
Oh, 10-win bowl, oh 10 win-bowl,
I'm gelling my hair like Mike Gun-day.

A holiday trip to San Diego
With quack quack duckies as our foe

Oh, 10-win bowl, oh 10-win bowl,
Our donor shall out spend yours

So anyways, in conclusion, make the Big 12 proud... or don't you dare return to Oklahoma :P

SoonerDood
12/24/2008, 05:38 PM
Haha I remember that song and had it on tape for a while. Another line was "We had the lead, the seconds ticked. We rushed the ball, they faked the kick." while showing highlights of CU lining up for a desperation 58-yd field goal, every OSU defender rushing the ball, and CU simply throwing over them for the game-winning TD.
Absolute Comedic Gold. The song was funny too.