PDA

View Full Version : Lou Holtz and Mark May

Dan Thompson
12/23/2008, 09:29 PM
Lou Holtz

Does he ever take a breath while he is talking?

Mark May

Does he ever say anything that mean a s*it?

FlaGators
12/23/2008, 09:35 PM
Off the top of my head.....

No. And No.

IronSoonerMan
12/23/2008, 09:35 PM
Fuch Mark May! He is rapidly taking over the biggest P.O.S. in college Football from Lee Corso.

SoonerBoognish
12/23/2008, 09:38 PM
They pay Corso to be a clown, so he's encouraged to act that way. I'm not really sure what the deal is with May. At least Holtz seems to say what he honestly thinks, whether its right or not.

SunDevilSooner
12/23/2008, 09:40 PM
I like Lou...he's like your old lovable, senile grandfather at Christmas. He makes me laugh...

Rhino
12/23/2008, 11:39 PM
Those two make me miss Trev Alberts.

And I can't stand Trev Alberts.

Jacie
12/23/2008, 11:47 PM
Corso used to refer to his coaching career, how great Indiana was when he was there and so on. As that time has moved farther into the past he seems to do it less and less.

Holtz is still in his "I coached a game once and . . ." or "At Notre Dame we did this . . ." phase as is May, who never coached but did slip in a "I played in a SuperBowl in this stadium" comment. May is young enough he will eventually wind down the references to his old days but Lou is going to remind us till they carry him out of the booth.

StoopTroup
12/23/2008, 11:56 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125505&highlight=lou+holtz (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125505&highlight=lou+holtz)

King Crimson
12/23/2008, 11:56 PM
lou and may=mute

nobody, and i mean nobody, is worse on the "back in the day i played in a super bowl" than Boomer Esiason on the radio.

"when i played in the Super Bowl in 1989 i had to run out of bounds like that one time....".

oupride
12/24/2008, 12:00 AM
Horrible they are.

tigepilot
12/24/2008, 01:30 AM
I think they're pretty good analysts when they're not talking.

When they're not talking they are better than most of the other ones out there.

adoniijahsooner
12/24/2008, 02:53 AM
They pay Corso to be a clown, so he's encouraged to act that way. I'm not really sure what the deal is with May. At least Holtz seems to say what he honestly thinks, whether its right or not.

Sad, but true indeed. Lee walks into the studio on saturdays, and they promptly hand him the clown suit, with Herbie, Desmond, and Fowler giggling in the background; Lee is reluctant, but thinks of his bills, and throws the head gear on anyway.

Since71ASooner4Life
12/24/2008, 06:12 AM
Glad to hear Lou and his snide little remarks about the Sooners, and glad to see the national fan polls having 62% picking Florida to beat us. Keep it up a-holes, this is just what I want in every defenders head just before putting hits on Tebow.

Desert Sapper
12/24/2008, 06:18 AM
May: The Gators have a very improved D, and it will be the best the Sooners have seen this year.

This during a game featuring a TCU D that all but took the football and shoved it up Boise's ***.

I hope they continue to boost the UF D and how it will stop the Sooner O and knock the Sooner D while glorifying the UF O. OUr D needs to come in with something to prove to the world.

gatorsownu2
12/24/2008, 08:05 AM
................... and we all still watch:confused: hmmmmmmm

Aries
12/24/2008, 09:06 AM
Every time I hear one of these announcers talking about "Back when *I* played..." it reminds me of one of the funniest comments I remember ever hearing during a game. Just a "throw away" comment that totally cracked me up.

You long time Monday Night Football fans will remember a season when Joe Namath and O.J. Simpson shared the booth with Frank Gifford. Simpson in particular seemed to start EVERY sentence all season long with "Well, when *I* played..." blah, blah, blah. It always seemed to me like there was a little bit of competetive tension especially between Namath and Simpson, both of whom had healthy egos.

One night someone held up a HUGE sign with hand-drawn caricatures of Gifford, Simpson and Namath... all of them with little tiny bodies, and great big huge out of proportion heads.

The camera focuses on the sign. There's a brief pause, and Simpson says...

"I don't think that looks very much like me."

To which Namath replies...

"What's the matter.... head too small?"

LOLOL!

I dunno... you probably had to be there.

OU-HSV
12/24/2008, 09:10 AM
I thought it was funny last night during the TCU game when they showed a poll of who thought Boise State deserved a BCS Bowl this year.
The only state that was lopsided with a "No" answer was OUr's truly, the Sooner State.
And when they showed that they were saying "Oh come on Oklahoma, get over it, it was two years ago" (or something of that nature), like they were trying to make it unimportant.
Here's my thoughts, why don't they get over it too, because every oportunity ESPN gets they mention how Boise beat OU, and blah blah blah. So they want OU and the fans to get over it, but they won't shut up about it. Seems like a double standard to me.

cheezyq
12/24/2008, 09:10 AM
I'm no fan of either...but Lou Holtz almost finished a complete sentence complimenting the Sooners, until apparently someone reminded him that he worked for ESPN.

He said (almost to the word), "Man, this TCU defense is fantastic...and Oklahoma put up 35 on them. Just think about how good that Oklahoma off...ense...is...oh, um, never mind."

WildHorse
12/24/2008, 10:01 AM
I'm no fan of either...but Lou Holtz almost finished a complete sentence complimenting the Sooners, until apparently someone reminded him that he worked for ESPN.

He said (almost to the word), "Man, this TCU defense is fantastic...and Oklahoma put up 35 on them. Just think about how good that Oklahoma off...ense...is...oh, um, never mind."

And if I remember correctly either Lou or Mark, said OU may have a chance against Florida, LOL. When will they learn, Don't mess with the pissed off Sooners. I just hope the Sooner play with a pissed of attitude.

OU-HSV
12/24/2008, 10:19 AM
And if I remember correctly either Lou or Mark, said OU may have a chance against Florida, LOL. When will they learn, Don't mess with the pissed off Sooners. I just hope the Sooner play with a pissed of attitude.

It's funny that they act like we "may have a chance". That's so stupid, they act like they haven't seen OU play all year, and that Florida is up on a golden pedestal of which OUr Sooners can't even get near.
I agree, I hope all of the hate/dislike for OU across the country is fueling our players to bring in a bad *** attitude. I'm ready to see us play angry and solid in this game and come out with a win.
Will it be easy?.....NO
Is Florida unbeatable?.....No

I can't wait.

achiro
12/24/2008, 11:14 AM
I actually enjoyed their commentary last night. It wasn't any better or worse than others per say, just new and different. I do get a kick out of Lou smacking May around every chance he gets though.