PDA

View Full Version : The Official, "We are better than You," thread

OU_Sooners75
12/23/2008, 09:17 PM
I will start this, this way we can have all the Gator trolls in one thread.

If you are a Gator (or SEC fan) and you think....
1. The Gators are God's team,
2. The Gators have the Messiah playing QB,
3. The Gators have the bestest defense in the history of CFB,
4. The Gators actually play in a real conference that plays defense,
5. The SEC that thinks their offenses, including Florida's are legit,
6. That Oklahoma is comparable to the '06 Bucknuts,
7. The SEC and particularly Florida is the fastest team in the land, or
8. You are a Gator or SEC Fan...

Please post here. Please save space on the server if you intend to come here and flame the Sooners!

Thanks in advance,
The Real SF.com members.

Boomer Mooner
12/23/2008, 09:30 PM
Don't forget the best vet school and engineering program EVAR!

So they can have something to crow about on Jan 9th donchaknow.

FlaGators
12/23/2008, 09:32 PM

Please post here. Please save space on the server if you intend to come here and flame the Sooners!

Thanks in advance,
The Real SF.com members.

Okay...I'll play along.

1. Sure why not. He's never a bad guy to have on your side.
2. He is a preachers son. So you never know. Ha. LoL.
3. Not even close. We have had better defenses...example...Our 2006 defense was better.
4. The defenses overall in the SEC had better "numbers" this year. Is it because the offenses in the SEC other than Florida's are horrible. Possibly.
5. Other than Florida's.......not really.
6. Heck. No. Y'all (Oklahoma) are 100 times if not more....better than that 2006 Buckeye team.
7. Track speed. Yes. We do. But there is a difference between track speed and football speed. But at the WR and RB position...nobody in the country matches our speed. We have 5 players at those positions that run a 4.3 or lower.
8. Forget the rest of the SEC. I for one...don't do the "SEC SEC SEC" crap. I care about Florida only. Georgia, Tennessee, Auburn, LSU, South Carolina can go 0-12 every year for all I care.

Dan Thompson
12/23/2008, 09:48 PM
But, the dark side is with us. MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU (OU).

Ya ya, don't tell me the are not on the same side, I allready know that, but UF doesn't.

BoulderSooner79
12/23/2008, 09:56 PM
"My dog's better than your dog*,
My dog's better than yours.
My dog's better 'cause
He eats Ken-L-Ration**,
My dog's better than yours."

*Just substitute team for dog
**With the economy, soon we'll all be eating dog food and have a level playing field.

P3 Gator
12/23/2008, 09:57 PM

Thanks in advance,
The Real SF.com members.

You forgot: 9) "Superman wears Tim Tebow pajamas."

gatorCHOMP
12/24/2008, 09:40 AM
Oh... you sooners. Continue to honor yoursleves. The day of reckoning is close. So please... polish your heisman and continue to shlob his knob. Jan, 8th... will the real heisman winner please stand up.

"What does weed and sooners have in common?"

BOTH ARE SMOKED IN BOWLS.

thank you.

We made this happen:

http://www.swampie.net/Portals/0/Ohio%20State%20Crying%20man.JPG

Soon to make this happen:

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/6716/oklahomakidym7.jpg

SoonerTroll
12/24/2008, 09:43 AM
We made this happen
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x273/bobbielin/SoonersBeavusButhead.gif

tbl
12/24/2008, 10:11 AM
7. Track speed. Yes. We do. But there is a difference between track speed and football speed. But at the WR and RB position...nobody in the country matches our speed. We have 5 players at those positions that run a 4.3 or lower.

uhhhhh... no you don't, buddy. There's a thread that posts the 40 times from rivals.com (for both teams), and nobody was "4.3 or lower". This is some kind of urban myth that seems to be going around the Florida fanbase, yet there are zero documented facts to actually back it up.

8. Forget the rest of the SEC. I for one...don't do the "SEC SEC SEC" crap. I care about Florida only. Georgia, Tennessee, Auburn, LSU, South Carolina can go 0-12 every year for all I care.

For this, I spek you.

Scoregasm
12/24/2008, 10:37 AM
Hey Gaytor fans....... We have a tradition like no other.

We made this happen:

In Oklahoma's 55-14 win over Washington, Bob Stoops won his 100th game in his 122nd game as the Sooners' coach. That's the eighth-fastest to 100 in history. It's also the second-highest total for a coach in 10 seasons.

Barry Switzer also reached No. 100 in his 122nd game. Legend Bud Wilkinson is No. 3 on the list getting to the milestone in 111 games. Oklahoma is the only school to have four coaches with at least 100 victories -- Stoops, Switzer, Wilkinson and Bennie Owen. Stoops' teams have scored at least 50 points in 30 of his victories.

OU is the all-time scoring leader in D-1 football with more than 30,000 points. That averages out to more than 26 points per game for the1127 games in the team's history.

Oklahoma is tied (with Notre Dame) for the most weeks ranked #1 in the AP Poll with 95 weeks

Oklahoma is first all time at weeks ranked in the top 5 with 345 weeks. (Nebraska is 2nd with 294)

Oklahoma is 2nd most all time with seven AP national titles, behind only Notre Dame which has eight

In the "modern era", which is post WWII, Oklahoma has the most wins with 535, and the highest winning percentage with .761 in the country

Oklahoma had a record 768 rushing yards as a team in 1988 against Kansas State

Antonio Perkins has an NCAA record for most punt return touchdowns in a game with 3 and tied for most in a career with seven

Most weeks ranked #1 in the BCS with 19 weeks

Most weeks ranked in top 5 in the BCS with 41

Oklahoma has the most rushing yards in a season with 5,635 in 1971, which is 470 yards per game (12 games)

Oklahoma was the first team ever the reach the 30,000 point milestone.

So regardless of who wins or loses this game, it'll take you at least 30 years of playing the type of football you are right now to catch us. Good luck with that!

P3 Gator
12/24/2008, 10:47 AM
Hey Gaytor fans....... We have a tradition like no other.

We made this happen:

In Oklahoma's 55-14 win over Washington, Bob Stoops won his 100th game in his 122nd game as the Sooners' coach. That's the eighth-fastest to 100 in history. It's also the second-highest total for a coach in 10 seasons.

Barry Switzer also reached No. 100 in his 122nd game. Legend Bud Wilkinson is No. 3 on the list getting to the milestone in 111 games. Oklahoma is the only school to have four coaches with at least 100 victories -- Stoops, Switzer, Wilkinson and Bennie Owen. Stoops' teams have scored at least 50 points in 30 of his victories.

OU is the all-time scoring leader in D-1 football with more than 30,000 points. That averages out to more than 26 points per game for the1127 games in the team's history.

Oklahoma is tied (with Notre Dame) for the most weeks ranked #1 in the AP Poll with 95 weeks

Oklahoma is first all time at weeks ranked in the top 5 with 345 weeks. (Nebraska is 2nd with 294)

Oklahoma is 2nd most all time with seven AP national titles, behind only Notre Dame which has eight

In the "modern era", which is post WWII, Oklahoma has the most wins with 535, and the highest winning percentage with .761 in the country

Oklahoma had a record 768 rushing yards as a team in 1988 against Kansas State

Antonio Perkins has an NCAA record for most punt return touchdowns in a game with 3 and tied for most in a career with seven

Most weeks ranked #1 in the BCS with 19 weeks

Most weeks ranked in top 5 in the BCS with 41

Oklahoma has the most rushing yards in a season with 5,635 in 1971, which is 470 yards per game (12 games)

Oklahoma was the first team ever the reach the 30,000 point milestone.

So regardless of who wins or loses this game, it'll take you at least 30 years of playing the type of football you are right now to catch us. Good luck with that!

I believe recent tradition has more to do with this game than what Bud Wilkinson did back in the in the dark ages (he was a great man...remember watching him as a kid on ABC...did good chalk-talks). Who would you rather be right now, UF with our apparent lack of any football tradition or Notre Dame? Better to focus six feet in front of you than 30 feet behind you (IMO).
If you happen to lose, I bet all that tradition won't make yo feel any better.

gatorCHOMP
12/24/2008, 10:48 AM
tbl.

Let me introduce you to the WALL.

Readem and weep. We have several sub 4.3 players.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w303/IllIllII3/GatorSports/TheWall.jpg

CrimsonJim
12/24/2008, 11:03 AM
tbl.

Uh oh. There's that dreaded WALL! I was hoping this would never come out for all the world to see. Ta heck wif rivals, this is all the proof we need. :D

tbl
12/24/2008, 11:16 AM
Exactly... Lets look at the UF wall made by UF. No point in looking at unbiased Rivals.com.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2536564&postcount=1

A-M
12/24/2008, 11:21 AM
tbl.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w303/IllIllII3/GatorSports/TheWall.jpg

...and the wall is located where? And that makes it 100% a fact?

Okie35
12/24/2008, 11:22 AM
uhhhhh... no you don't, buddy. There's a thread that posts the 40 times from rivals.com (for both teams), and nobody was "4.3 or lower". This is some kind of urban myth that seems to be going around the Florida fanbase, yet there are zero documented facts to actually back it up.

i was about to say the same thing... florida really doesn't have 5 guys at receiver that run under a 4.3... those times are fabricated to make the players look better... trust me i know, no way in hell i ran a 4.3 in high school... i think my coach made it up... and like someone said track speed is TOTALLY different from football speed... and why is haden on the 60 yard shuttle twice?... and rainey ran a 4.42 coming out of high school no way in hell his time gets that much better... you can have the best strength and conditioning coaches in the world... you wont get that much faster...

gatorCHOMP
12/24/2008, 11:23 AM
Your rivals link disappoints me and doesn't make me feel comfortable and excited. I spit on your link, and refer to The Wall instead.

Thank You.

Okie35
12/24/2008, 11:33 AM
Your rivals link disappoints me and doesn't make me feel comfortable and excited. I spit on your link, and refer to The Wall instead.

Thank You.

well i mean do what you want its the truth i bet you think the heights that coaches put on rosters are exact too huh?! its the same w/ 40 times they're polished to make them look better

Boomer38Sooner
12/24/2008, 11:41 AM

Ummmm. Just to tell you thats an Ohio State fan, not an Oklahoma fan.

Stupid GAYtors

CrimsonJim
12/24/2008, 11:44 AM

Thank You.

The truth hurts sometimes, but welcome to reality. Spit on the link if you like; we simple folk have been known to take a good ole whiz on the WALL from time to time.

SoonerTroll
12/24/2008, 11:56 AM

I think they were saying that WILL be us... It's bogus though.

Stupid GAYtors

I think they were saying that WILL be us... It's bogus though.

gatorCHOMP
12/24/2008, 01:32 PM

Stupid GAYtors

I'll assume you aren't the sooner spokesman, because you really are dense.

We played Ohio State in the national championship game in 2006 (a matchup eerily similar to the one we're in now) and won, thus making Ohio State fans cry. Do you remember actually winning a national championship? Maybe that was the reason, you don't pay attention to football other than that in the pan/bucket looking state.

SoonerBacker
12/24/2008, 01:45 PM
"Do you remember actually winning a national championship?"

Sure do! I remember 1974,75,85, AND 2000. I was in the stands for ALL of those seasons.

And the BCS game for the 2000 Title? It is amazing how "eerily similar" it is to this year. In Miami against a team from Florida with everyone in the nation telling us we don't stand a chance. And for a fanbase that hates FSU the way you do, it is surprising how much you sound like the Noles just before that game.

DenverSooner751
12/24/2008, 01:48 PM
"Do you remember actually winning a national championship?"

Sure do! I remember 1974,75,85, AND 2000. I was in the stands for ALL of those seasons.

And the BCS game for the 2000 Title? It is amazing how "eerily similar" it is to this year. In Miami against a team from Florida with everyone in the nation telling us we don't stand a chance. And for a fanbase that hates FSU the way you do, it is surprising how much you sound like the Noles just before that game.

Well played sir, well played.

BoomerSooner, esq.
12/24/2008, 02:04 PM
I'll assume you aren't the sooner spokesman, because you really are dense.

We played Ohio State in the national championship game in 2006 (a matchup eerily similar to the one we're in now) and won, thus making Ohio State fans cry. Do you remember actually winning a national championship? Maybe that was the reason, you don't pay attention to football other than that in the pan/bucket looking state.

I really hope that the ol Urban also believes that this game is"eerily similar" to 2006 national championship. If this is the case, just practice as though you were playing the 2006 bucknuts. Then watch as OUr offense rips the UF defense a new blowhole.

tbl
12/25/2008, 12:56 AM
Do you remember actually winning a national championship?

Not many on this board were born in the late 90's. I think everybody here remembers 2000 (including you, moran), and MANY of us remember at least 85.

Circle City Gator
12/25/2008, 09:12 AM
Exactly... Lets look at the UF wall made by UF. No point in looking at unbiased Rivals.com.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2536564&postcount=1

The Rivals times are very easily disputed, and not with Florida's own 40 times. Rivals says Jeff Demps runs a 4.46 40. At the Olympic Trials he ran an automatic electirically timed 10.01. That is the world record for high school runners. Please allow me to repeat that, THE WORLD RECORD for a kid coming out of high school. The 10.01 is a fact, an undisputed time. Yet you guys are clinging to a Rivals summary of times. Why? Because you like the results better. Even when, if you take a few seconds to look at facts, you know they are unreliable.

Bottom line- the fastest kid in history coming out of high school does not run a rather average 40, as rated among top-class college receivers and running backs.

Conclusion? Rivals times are pretty useless.

But you go ahead and believe them for at least another two weeks.