PDA

View Full Version : Jermie Calhoun

PLaw
12/23/2008, 02:51 PM
With Murray out, is there any chance that Calhoun sees the field in Miami? Did the little action he saw this year burn his redshirt?

BOOMER

Scott D
12/23/2008, 02:52 PM
that was Justin Johnson who got a few carries, not Calhoun.

Paperclip
12/23/2008, 03:08 PM
Calhoun don't want that ball.

OUAlumni1990
12/23/2008, 03:09 PM
Can't wait to see this guy in action

8timechamps
12/23/2008, 03:36 PM
I can't imagine Stoops pulling off the redshirt.

He's a special player, but Stoops was smart to redshirt him. He needed a year, and we were set at rb at the time.

He's going to get his chance to play in a title game.

josh09
12/23/2008, 03:48 PM
Next year, i cant wait to see both Johnson and Calhoun in action with Madu. I hear they look pretty good.

Boomer38Sooner
12/23/2008, 03:49 PM
Wow. It seems like OU's depth at running back just keeps getting better and better. Is there any chance that Brown leaves early?

josh09
12/23/2008, 03:52 PM
Wait, Browns not a senior? Well this just keeps getting better and better!

KingDavid
12/23/2008, 04:25 PM
Did Justin Johnson burn the redshirt?

snp
12/23/2008, 04:33 PM
0% chance Calhoun loses his RS.

Yes.

JLEW1818
12/23/2008, 04:34 PM
Like I've said before, I have a better chance of playing against Florida.

Scott D
12/23/2008, 04:44 PM

played in 9 games, mainly on special teams.

KingDavid
12/23/2008, 04:44 PM
0% chance Calhoun loses his RS.

Yes.

Thanks.

Boomer38Sooner
12/23/2008, 06:14 PM
So Justin Johnson will get most of his playing time his senior season I'm assuming? Because next year it will be Brown and Murray mainly, the year after that it will be Murray and Madu (if Murray stays), and then the next year it will be Madu and Johnson and Calhoun, who will be a Junior

oupride
12/23/2008, 06:16 PM
Seriously doubt we'll see Calhoun.

BoulderSooner79
12/23/2008, 06:25 PM
If Calhoun has huge potential, I don't see the value of the RS. He'll just end up declaring early for the NFL. I thought the same about DM (and I still do), but I think he had a bunch of nagging injuries his RS year anyway.

Toronto Sooner
12/23/2008, 07:42 PM
We might have a logjam in our backfield next year, which is not necessarily an entirely bad problem to have.

*D. Murray almost certainly would have bolted to the NFL after this season, had he not gotten injured. It's going to be touch for him to go to the NFL now. Firstly, it will be at least until around May'09 until he recovers from the current surgery, which means he will miss the combines. Without working out for the scouts, he has little chance of being drafted high. Also, with this new injury, he will now be tagged as fragile or injury prone, rightly or wrongly. This is something he will have to shake off first, before being considered a high draft choice. As a result, although I think (talent wise) Murray is ready for the NFL right now, it does not appear that he has many choices other than coming back to college for 1 more year - if he stays injury free next year, and has as much on field success as this year, then I can see him being at least a mid to late first round pick next year (I think he has top 10 talent, but I don't see teams taking him top 10, as I don't think teams see his body type as being a 3 down body type, like AD). Now, that's not to say that a team will not take a chance on him at top 10 based on his versatility - running, pass catching, blocking, punt/kick off returns, etc. (he's quite an amazing weapon - he just needs to shake off the injury prone preception image).

*C. Brown - I imagine his stock is rising. His stock may explode if he has a big Nat. Champ. game. Draft wise, I imagine he is way under the radar right now. Whether he leaves will depend on what his goals are, and how he finishes off this season. He is certainly not a first rounder right now, I don't imagine (again, unless he explodes in the final game). However, with a great last game, he could easily be NFL bound this year. If he stays in school next year he will get a lot of hype. If he has a productive year then he could go late first round or early second round, depending on how successful he is. He is tough and he can run successfully between the tackles, which bodes well for his NFL potential.

*M. Madu - he is coming on strong. I didn't realize that he had quite that much speed and toughness. Bob Stoops says they were considering him for some slot receiving in order to get him some more playing time. That would suggest that he has pass catching abilities, which will help in the Championship game, especially with Murray being out.

*J. Johnson

*J. Calhoun

If all 5 retun, they will probably try to be creative with some of the guys over the next year in order to get them some playing time.

adoniijahsooner
12/24/2008, 04:25 AM
We might have a logjam in our backfield next year, which is not necessarily an entirely bad problem to have.

*D. Murray almost certainly would have bolted to the NFL after this season, had he not gotten injured. It's going to be touch for him to go to the NFL now. Firstly, it will be at least until around May'09 until he recovers from the current surgery, which means he will miss the combines. Without working out for the scouts, he has little chance of being drafted high. Also, with this new injury, he will now be tagged as fragile or injury prone, rightly or wrongly. This is something he will have to shake off first, before being considered a high draft choice. As a result, although I think (talent wise) Murray is ready for the NFL right now, it does not appear that he has many choices other than coming back to college for 1 more year - if he stays injury free next year, and has as much on field success as this year, then I can see him being at least a mid to late first round pick next year (I think he has top 10 talent, but I don't see teams taking him top 10, as I don't think teams see his body type as being a 3 down body type, like AD). Now, that's not to say that a team will not take a chance on him at top 10 based on his versatility - running, pass catching, blocking, punt/kick off returns, etc. (he's quite an amazing weapon - he just needs to shake off the injury prone preception image).

*C. Brown - I imagine his stock is rising. His stock may explode if he has a big Nat. Champ. game. Draft wise, I imagine he is way under the radar right now. Whether he leaves will depend on what his goals are, and how he finishes off this season. He is certainly not a first rounder right now, I don't imagine (again, unless he explodes in the final game). However, with a great last game, he could easily be NFL bound this year. If he stays in school next year he will get a lot of hype. If he has a productive year then he could go late first round or early second round, depending on how successful he is. He is tough and he can run successfully between the tackles, which bodes well for his NFL potential.

*M. Madu - he is coming on strong. I didn't realize that he had quite that much speed and toughness. Bob Stoops says they were considering him for some slot receiving in order to get him some more playing time. That would suggest that he has pass catching abilities, which will help in the Championship game, especially with Murray being out.

*J. Johnson

*J. Calhoun

If all 5 retun, they will probably try to be creative with some of the guys over the next year in order to get them some playing time.

Chris Brown would thrive in the NFL's recent climate, because it seems every team wants to play 2 backs, in order for health and change of pace. Why not take a tough durable player like Chris?

humblesooner
12/24/2008, 09:34 AM
A good friend of mine who seems to be right more often than not, says that the plan was to RS Calhoun this year and RS Johnson next year.
Then in 2010, they will both be RS sophs, with three years remaining if they choose to stay and the backfield clears out a little.

Toronto Sooner
12/25/2008, 07:00 AM
It doesn't look like we will be the little sisters of the poor at running back any time soon. Not only do we have the 5 backs we have discussed already in this tread, but the RB commit from the current recruiting class (Jonathan Miller) is starting to look interesting. He's a 4 star guy with 2,000 yards last yr and 1,900 yards this year. What is really interesting is he averaged 7.8 per carry both last yr and this yr - it sounds impressive, even for highschool. He seems to have a good attitude also. He says he wants to have the same work ethic as AD.

Our featured running backs over the next few years could be as follows:

*2009 - Murray, Brown and Madu
*2010 - Madu, Johnson, Calhoun
*2011 - Calhoun, Johnson, Miller
*2012 - Johnson, Miller

SouthFortySooner
12/25/2008, 09:36 AM
I always thought Tashard Choice should have started ahead of Kejuan Jones. My opinion was based on how he played, carried the ball, etc. I had no idea how he practiced.

I think, based only on how Jermie carries himself in warmups, he will be the "premier" running back next year until DeMarco, "gets his legs" and Brown and Mossis will continue their service work.

The young man reminds me of a panther.

OUNC06
12/25/2008, 10:45 AM
I always thought Tashard Choice should have started ahead of Kejuan Jones. My opinion was based on how he played, carried the ball, etc. I had no idea how he practiced.

I think, based only on how Jermie carries himself in warmups, he will be the "premier" running back next year until DeMarco, "gets his legs" and Brown and Mossis will continue their service work.

The young man reminds me of a panther.

stoopified
12/25/2008, 12:53 PM
It doesn't look like we will be the little sisters of the poor at running back any time soon. Not only do we have the 5 backs we have discussed already in this tread, but the RB commit from the current recruiting class (Jonathan Miller) is starting to look interesting. He's a 4 star guy with 2,000 yards last yr and 1,900 yards this year. What is really interesting is he averaged 7.8 per carry both last yr and this yr - it sounds impressive, even for highschool. He seems to have a good attitude also. He says he wants to have the same work ethic as AD.

Our featured running backs over the next few years could be as follows:

*2009 - Murray, Brown and Madu
*2010 - Madu, Johnson, Calhoun
*2011 - Calhoun, Johnson, Miller
*2012 - Johnson, Miller,Barry Sanders jr. ?He is tearing it up currently as a frosh at HH.

Toronto Sooner
12/25/2008, 01:32 PM
I remember glancing at the article of Barry's dad being a major OU fan. Hopefully he will have some influence on Barry Jr. Also, hopefully Barry Jr will be interested in playing for championships (his dad perhaps didn't have as many choices, as I don't believe he was too highly recruited).