PDA

View Full Version : Boys will be boys...

tbl
12/23/2008, 11:40 AM
Has anybody else read this? I'm a huge Cowboys fan but I had no idea about some of the stuff that went on behind the scenes back when they were making their run in the 90's. Its making me feel dirty for being a Cowboys fan...

tbl
12/23/2008, 06:53 PM
Now I'm to the point when Barry came in and I didn't realize that nearly all the complaints about him came solely from Aikman. It looks like most of the coaching staff and players liked him a lot. Interesting...

BigRedJed
12/23/2008, 07:00 PM
Michael Irvin had a big lockerroom trashcan-throwing hissy fit, seeing as how it was his college coach getting the boot. But he and Switzer eventually became really chummy.

Players'. Coach.

tbl
12/23/2008, 07:05 PM
Yup. He said it wasn't really about Switzer, but more about Jimmy leaving the way he did and Jerry taking over. Reading some of these statements I'm shocked that Jerry and these guys still buddy up with one another. There seems to be a huge amount of disrespect for him.

BigRedJed
12/23/2008, 07:08 PM
Yeah, I think for Irvin there was also the added dimension of the Miami/OU rivalry. But he got over it.

SoonerStormchaser
12/23/2008, 07:28 PM
This may not make me popular here, but I think Aikman is a total puzzy.

BigRedJed
12/23/2008, 07:32 PM
Why would that get you grief here? I think that is the general consensus. Great arm, made good use of his offensive weapons, does a pretty good job on TV, but...

yermom
12/23/2008, 08:32 PM
but only won a few Super Bowls

had his bell rung a few too many times...

tbl
12/23/2008, 09:05 PM
It wouldn't get you bashed here. Surprisingly I'm one of very few Cowboys fans that are also Sooners. Growing up I thought it was like pb&j.

bluedogok
12/23/2008, 09:52 PM
You also have to remember the book/movie North Dallas Forty was "loosely" based on the Cowboys of the 70's...according to some, it wasn't too far from the truth. My uncle used to live close to the Cowboys training facility on Greenville back then and quite a few players lived in his apartments in the area, he had some wild stories.

Dallas has always had a wild streak and I would think most pro sports teams have one.