PDA

View Full Version : HOMEY: This might be in your wheelhouse

OKLA21FAN
12/23/2008, 10:16 AM
Was in Tulseytown a couple of weeks ago and the Mullendore murder case came up as a topic of conversation. Mrs okla21fan grow up in Caney, KS during that time as well and heard all kind of 'stories' but I had not realized that 'Chubb' Anderson had been recently arrested in KS around 2006. Not even sure of the charges were related or not. Surely this guy is getting old and if i recall, he had health issues in the past.

Is there any developments you might be able to shine?

I went to Junior High with E.C. IV so I guess this peaked my interested as he said alot of the time that his family felt that it was someone from 'inside' (meaning a member of the family) the family that committed this murder or had it done. But that was along time ago.

StoopTroup
12/23/2008, 10:51 AM
I read a book about it all when I was younger.

Her shopping trips to Dallas (Neiman-Marcus) were legendary.

http://www.geocities.com/welkerlots/bell09.jpg

StoopTroup
12/23/2008, 11:00 AM
Just found this site about it...

I now remember "Chubb Anderson" as the guy that many felt was involved up to his neck in it.

http://oklahombres.org/eve/forums (http://oklahombres.org/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2876036794/m/72310682031)

OKLA21FAN
12/23/2008, 11:03 AM
that book did about as much 'justice' to the case as some Oliver Stone movie did for JFK ;)

I still don't know why this unsolved mystery captures so much of my interest after so much time.

and yes, there are some amazing claims on some forums as well.

StoopTroup
12/23/2008, 11:10 AM
that book did about as much 'justice' to the case as some Oliver Stone movie did for JFK ;)

I still don't know why this unsolved mystery captures so much of my interest after so much time.

and yes, there are some amazing claims on some forums as well.

I remember all of the talk about it when I was a kid. Pretty sad stuff. I wouldn't believe anything I saw on the forums or the book...just thought I'd throw that in the mix for those that may not have ever known about the Murder Case though.

The Wheeler Murder up at Southern Hills...another one. I went to the School where Roger's kids were. Not good times. My Brother was a Grad there in 1982.

OKLA21FAN
12/23/2008, 11:18 AM
didnt they solve the Wheeler murder a few years ago? (or someone confessed to it) Don't F with the mafia I guess! or get involved in fixed jai alai games

I keep hearing about some 'death bed' confession in the Mullendore dealio but don't really know what this means. Did that Anderson dude die?

StoopTroup
12/23/2008, 02:43 PM
I think they got a confession but heck...these things that take years to figure out...they don't help the Families. It's mostly just something someone can write about at that point.

Someone told me that the "Departed" was loosely about one of the guys who was a suspect in the murder too.

No idea about Anderson...I did a search on Chubb Anderson...but yielded nothing. You might try Dale "Chubb" Anderson. I've got to go take the kids shopping again. Plus i finally found the rolls of 35mm film I took at the Big XII Championship at Arrowhead. I want to see those badly.

Be back later.

ST

1890MilesToNorman
12/23/2008, 02:50 PM
didnt they solve the Wheeler murder a few years ago? (or someone confessed to it) Don't F with the mafia I guess! or get involved in fixed jai alai games

I keep hearing about some 'death bed' confession in the Mullendore dealio but don't really know what this means. Did that Anderson dude die?

South Boston mob dude Whitey Bolger has been rumored linked to this crime. A Boston radio personality named Howie Carr has been talking about this for years. Whitey has been on the run for 10 -15 years and seemed to have vanished.

Whitey's brother is president/dean of BU, imagine that!! :D