PDA

View Full Version : My Counters to FLA folks down here in Tampa...

IronHorseSooner
12/23/2008, 09:56 AM
Didn't during the RRR, Herbie and Musburger say that OU takes a backseat to NOBODY when it comes to team speed? I seem to remember that. Do Chris Brown, Nic, and Frank Alexander count as having SEC speed? Does Duke count as having SEC talent? They are all from SEC country... I think it will be key that we will have 3 backers who can cover receivers due to their speed (Lewis), or having been a DB for most of their football lives (Box and Clayton)... BTW, the one QB that beat them this year was a former Big XII QB who couldn't get the #1 job ahead of Colt. Florida gets a Big XII starting QB now...Another note that I bring up to Gators down here in Tampa is whereas they have great team speed, they haven't faced an O-Line like OUrs. According to most draft experts, this is an NFL line playing in college, and the two TEs and FB are all-conference. Despite the fact that those young, but good, FLA DBs will face three senior WRs.

FlaGators
12/23/2008, 10:03 AM
Who the heck takes Musburger serious anymore? That guy is about as retarded as Verne Lundquist.

And remember....that Duke is in North Carolina....there isn't a SEC team in the state of North Carolina. So they are NOT in SEC Country.

fossil
12/23/2008, 10:10 AM
Who the heck takes Musburger serious anymore? That guy is about as retarded as Verne Lundquist.

And remember....that Duke is in North Carolina....there isn't a SEC team in the state of North Carolina. So they are NOT in SEC Country.

:rolleyes: Good Lord....dude......he doesn't mean Duke the university. He's talking about Duke Robinson, one of our offensive linemen. Sheesh!

BoulderSooner79
12/23/2008, 10:12 AM
Unless it affects the final score, I don't see any need to counter UF fans.

FlaGators
12/23/2008, 10:12 AM
:rolleyes: Good Lord....dude......he doesn't mean Duke the university. He's talking about Duke Robinson, one of our offensive linemen. Sheesh!

Oh. Well....never-mind then.

SoonerLB
12/23/2008, 10:14 AM
There you have it, another example of that SEC arrogance. They just cannot accept that they are NOT the strongest conference in America, and have not been in years.

FlaGators
12/23/2008, 10:19 AM
There you have it, another example of that SEC arrogance. They just cannot accept that they are NOT the strongest conference in America, and have not been in years.

I wouldn't really say years. However....This year? No. That would be the Big 12.

The past few years.....one could make a case for either the Big 12 and the SEC. Although at the end of the season the SEC has won the last two NC's. Just saying. ;)

But...Who really cares? I don't get that argument at all. I'm not one of those that chant "SEC SEC SEC" when one of our conference members beats Clemson. Alabama should beat Clemson. I don't get it either.

All I know is that the two best conferences when it comes to football every year are the Big 12 and the SEC. You can order them....however you want. Makes no difference to me.

47Wins
12/23/2008, 10:20 AM
I don't blame the gator dude for not knowing what Duke we were talking about. Thought it was pretty funny myself

FlaGators
12/23/2008, 10:24 AM
I don't blame the gator dude for not knowing what Duke we were talking about. Thought it was pretty funny myself

SWEET!!!! I got a shout-out!!!! :D

P3 Gator
12/23/2008, 10:45 AM
Another note that I bring up to Gators down here in Tampa is whereas they have great team speed, they haven't faced an O-Line like OUrs.

Yes, they have. Here are the top 20 offensive linemen from RIVALS. I believe we played Bama...3 in the top 20. OU? 2.

1 Andre Smith OL Alabama 6-4/330
2 Michael Oher OT Ole Miss 6-5/318
3 Alex Mack C California 6-4/316
4 Max Unger T Oregon 6-5/300
5 Jonathan Luigs C Arkansas 6-4/314
6 A.Q. Shipley C Penn State 6-1/300
7 Antoine Caldwell OL Alabama 6-3/305
8 Eugene Monroe T Virginia 6-6/315
9 Duke Robinson OL Oklahoma 6-5/330
10 Russell Okung OL OK State 6-5/305
11 Phil Loadholt OL Oklahoma 6-8/337
12 Jason Smith T Baylor 6-6/305
13 Seth Olsen OL Iowa 6-5/305
Olsen was a first-team all-conference pick by Big Ten media and coaches.
14 Louis Vasquez OL Texas Tech 6-6/335
Vasquez may have been the best guard in the Big 12 this year.
15 Herman Johnson OL LSU 6-7/386
16 Phil Trautwein OL Florida 6-6/310
He is the best performer on an exceptional Florida line.
17 Adam Ulatoski T Texas 6-8/310
18 Alex Boone OL Ohio State 6-8/312
19 Mike Johnson OL Alabama 6-6/298
Alabama often has run behind Smith and Johnson for much of the year.
20 Robert Conley OL Utah 6-1/310
Conley has earned all-Mountain West honors each of the last two years.

That O line generated 1 yard of offense in the 4th quarter.

instigator
12/23/2008, 10:55 AM
Those guys must not have SEC talent or they wouldn't have left "God's Country" to come play for us. :texan:

fadada1
12/23/2008, 11:07 AM

and in typical bama protocol, they gave their QB the heisman. did wilson throw for more than 200 yards in any game this year???

OU4LIFE
12/23/2008, 11:17 AM
Yes, they have. Here are the top 20 offensive linemen from RIVALS. I believe we played Bama...3 in the top 20. OU? 2.

1 Andre Smith OL Alabama 6-4/330
2 Michael Oher OT Ole Miss 6-5/318
3 Alex Mack C California 6-4/316
4 Max Unger T Oregon 6-5/300
5 Jonathan Luigs C Arkansas 6-4/314
6 A.Q. Shipley C Penn State 6-1/300
7 Antoine Caldwell OL Alabama 6-3/305
8 Eugene Monroe T Virginia 6-6/315
10 Russell Okung OL OK State 6-5/305
12 Jason Smith T Baylor 6-6/305
13 Seth Olsen OL Iowa 6-5/305
Olsen was a first-team all-conference pick by Big Ten media and coaches.
14 Louis Vasquez OL Texas Tech 6-6/335
Vasquez may have been the best guard in the Big 12 this year.
15 Herman Johnson OL LSU 6-7/386
16 Phil Trautwein OL Florida 6-6/310
He is the best performer on an exceptional Florida line.
17 Adam Ulatoski T Texas 6-8/310
18 Alex Boone OL Ohio State 6-8/312
19 Mike Johnson OL Alabama 6-6/298
Alabama often has run behind Smith and Johnson for much of the year.
20 Robert Conley OL Utah 6-1/310
Conley has earned all-Mountain West honors each of the last two years.

WE'RE DOOMED! WE'VE GOT NO CHANCE AGAINST THE GOD'S OF FLORIDA. We are going to get dominated like never before. screwed we are, yes.

boomermagic
12/23/2008, 11:23 AM

Correct, The big 12 was the strongest conference this year how can anyone doubt that ? What I am wondering is do the florida teams really think they can match up with Oklahoma's speed ? Do they think they have BIG 12 speed ?

SoonR4Life
12/23/2008, 11:27 AM
If you where to include the top 25 offensive linemen from RIVALS.

23 Trent Williams OL Oklahoma 6-5/308

P3 Gator
12/23/2008, 11:29 AM
WE'RE DOOMED! WE'VE GOT NO CHANCE AGAINST THE GOD'S OF FLORIDA. We are going to get dominated like never before. screwed we are, yes.

Very convincing statement there. Obviously well researched and logically stated. haven't had a fourth grade argument for 42 years now, so pardon me if I don't start again now.

So, the original statement was that UF has not seen an O-line like OU's this year. What are your thoughts on that?

P3 Gator
12/23/2008, 11:33 AM
If you where to include the top 25 offensive linemen from RIVALS.

23 Trent Williams OL Oklahoma 6-5/308

OK, didn't go that far down. Good catch. However, it's still 3 and 3 with Bama have the number 1 o lineman in the country (although, anyone in the top ten is pretty d****d good). My point still stands...that UF has seen an O-line like OU's and was able to pressure the QB and hold that offense to 1 total yard in the 4th qtr.

FlaGators
12/23/2008, 11:35 AM
Correct, The big 12 was the strongest conference this year how can anyone doubt that ? What I am wondering is do the florida teams really think they can match up with Oklahoma's speed ? Do they think they have BIG 12 speed ?

I don't. The Big 12 (South) was better than the SEC East this year. The SEC West and the Big 12 North were about the same this year.

Yes, they (UF, FSU and Miami) can. Others (USF, UCF, FAU, FIU) can't.

And yes. We (Florida) do. Other SEC teams. No.

:cool:

o0Dan0o
12/23/2008, 11:39 AM
So, the original statement was that UF has not seen an O-line like OU's this year. What are your thoughts on that?

I don't know that Bama's line was worse (probably pretty close, but that is the best O-line that Florida has seen by a pretty wide margin). But there are a few things to consider, first our TEs RBs and QB are all better, as are our WRs. An O-line normally doesn't touch the ball so it can't, by itself, move it.

Second, what about the number of very long sustained drives that got Bamma points throughout the rest of the game?
Dan

OU_Sooners75
12/23/2008, 11:44 AM
OK, didn't go that far down. Good catch. However, it's still 3 and 3 with Bama have the number 1 o lineman in the country (although, anyone in the top ten is pretty d****d good). My point still stands...that UF has seen an O-line like OU's and was able to pressure the QB and hold that offense to 1 total yard in the 4th qtr.

No they havent.

Oklahoma has 4 legit linemen that could be playing in the NFL next year. And one of them most likely wont be since he has one more year left in college.

Trent Williams, Duke Robinson, Phil Loadholt, and Jon Cooper all have very promising careers at the next level.

Hell, Walker may even be able to make the NFL as well. He is not bad at all.

OU will be the most experienced and the best OLine Florida has faced in quite some time. This is not taking anything away from Bama. But it takes a lot more than 3 linemen to be a complete line. OU is as complete an OLine as one team could ever hope for!

Did I mention OU has 6 guys that has started at least 1 season in their career?

catsigater
12/23/2008, 11:46 AM
I don't know that Bama's line was worse (probably pretty close, but that is the best O-line that Florida has seen by a pretty wide margin). But there are a few things to consider, first our TEs RBs and QB are all better, as are our WRs. An O-line normally doesn't touch the ball so it can't, by itself, move it.

Second, what about the number of very long sustained drives that got Bamma points throughout the rest of the game?
Dan

We'll have to play better against OU than we did against bama.

delhalew
12/23/2008, 11:49 AM
Not to mention...I've heard all year that 'Bama doesn't pass block as well as we do. Good reason to run it alot.

OU4LIFE
12/23/2008, 11:50 AM
Very convincing statement there. Obviously well researched and logically stated. haven't had a fourth grade argument for 42 years now, so pardon me if I don't start again now.

pretty much the same as my previous one.

We're screwed. You are going to beat us like a drum. We have no chance at all in this game. Tebow's divinity alone is too much for us to overcome. If we can stay within 25 points of your epic offense, I will consider it a moral victory.The amount of offensive firepower you guys possess is just staggering, really.

really.

OU_Sooners75
12/23/2008, 11:50 AM

Dan

The Oline is perhaps the biggest key at moving the ball. They may be indirectly moving the ball, but without a good Oline, we would look like Nebraska.

OU4LIFE
12/23/2008, 11:55 AM

ok, ok...I don't want to do it, but you've goaded me into it....I know it's a bad bet, but i'll lay $200 bucks against Florida holding 'UO' to 1 total yard in the 4th quarter.

I know, I know...you feel like you are stealing from me, and you probably are..but I'm a sucker like that.

anyone with a paypal address willing to be the money holder. I'm ready to send it.

in other words, time to buck up, mouth. or STFU.

cheezyq
12/23/2008, 11:56 AM

I'd have to say that it's at the very least an accurate statement. Alabama runs a different style of offense than OU, so the linemen likely have different characteristics about them that make them great for the system they each use.

The first thing I notice is the height difference. I've personally seen Loadholt and Duke Robinson...standing on the same level. I'm 6'3", played WR and DB in HS, and as much as it doesn't seem that 2-5 inches of height makes a difference, I can't imagine that either of those guys would be easy to get around. But that's just me. UF's defensive ends have good size, though.

The other thing that stands out is experience. This OU starting line has been intact for 3 full seasons. The only non-Senior is Trent Williams, and he has been starting since his freshman year. Alabama's OL was experienced, too, but has 3 Juniors in the starting lineup. They also haven't been in Saban's scheme all that time, either.

I'm not knocking Alabama's line at all or saying that those things make our OL better. Those are just the differences I see.

Your starting defensive line is fairly young, too. In fact, your entire defense is very young. That's impressive, really. But at the same time, it might work to your disadvantage with a more experienced offense and offensive line coming at you.

P3 Gator
12/23/2008, 11:57 AM

Dan

Bama scored 20. The first score came off a long catch/run by Julio Jones (who I put up against any receiver in the country...BIG, fast, doesn't go down easy). I was at the game, the guy is a real stud. Anyway, that was their first score, so they really put two long scoring drives together against UF.

That being said, OU's offense is head and shoulders better than Bama at QB. Bradford is obviously a very poised, accurate passer. OU also has the edge at tight end (yours is one of the best) over Bama although Nick Saban is a master at the play action pass and Bama used their tight end very well. I'd call the RB a push or maybe even give Bama (Coffey) the edge with Murray being out.

However, UF has good linebackers (All American in the middle) and a very good d-backfield. Janoris Jenkins (true freshman) will be an All American at corner (keep an eye on him, #29 during the game; he's really a pleasure to watch play), Ahmad Black is a little undersized at safety but plays way bigger than his physical size, has 6 picks at safety and will also lay some wood (see Bama's first drive), Joe Haden hits like a truck at the other corner and Major Wright (safety) also hits like a truck (but doesn't play the ball well (IMHO)). Will Hill (nickle package) was the number one athlete in the 2008 recruiting class and has played very well with great range and speed to the ball.

I'm a Gator homer, but I feel better about UF's defense matching up with OU's offense than OU's defense being able to match-up with UF's offense. And, I know you're sick of hearing about Tebow, but his ability to tuck the ball and take off with it really creates problems for a defense (similar to Colt McCoy).

supes
12/23/2008, 11:58 AM
I would personally say that OU's o-line and Bama's o-line are very similar and both very strong. It all starts up front with the linemen. Even with all that talent on the O-line, the UF defense broke containment and got enough pressure in the backfield to disrupt the entire Alabama offense. I really believe the game is going to come down to whether the o-line men for OU can stand tall against the physical and speedy defensive line UF has. But then again, I'm not a defensive coordinator so what do I know? LOL

OU_Sooners75
12/23/2008, 12:01 PM
The other thing that stands out is experience. This OU starting line has been intact for 3 full seasons. The only non-Senior is Trent Williams, and he has been starting since his freshman year. Alabama's OL was experienced, too, but has 3 Juniors in the starting lineup. They also haven't been in Saban's scheme all that time, either.

Though I usually agree with most of what you post....this could not be further from being wrong!

Trent Williams did not see action his freshman year at all. Last year he only started 6 games, but seen action in all 14 games. This is the only year he has started all season long.

Branndon Braxton was last year main starter at Right Tackle.

IronHorseSooner
12/23/2008, 12:12 PM
What 'Bama didn't have, that we do, as I mentioned before, are another wall behind the O-Line with Clapp and Eldridge. Those guys blow up blitzers and are like having extra linemen on the field. As well, we haven't spoke of Sam's mobility and ability to pass on the move. There's a reason why Sam hardly ever get touched. These are also the most experienced receivers FLA has seen.

OU_Sooners75
12/23/2008, 12:15 PM
Bama scored 20. The first score came off a long catch/run by Julio Jones (who I put up against any receiver in the country...BIG, fast, doesn't go down easy). I was at the game, the guy is a real stud. Anyway, that was their first score, so they really put two long scoring drives together against UF.

That being said, OU's offense is head and shoulders better than Bama at QB. Bradford is obviously a very poised, accurate passer. OU also has the edge at tight end (yours is one of the best) over Bama although Nick Saban is a master at the play action pass and Bama used their tight end very well. I'd call the RB a push or maybe even give Bama (Coffey) the edge with Murray being out.

However, UF has good linebackers (All American in the middle) and a very good d-backfield. Janoris Jenkins (true freshman) will be an All American at corner (keep an eye on him, #29 during the game; he's really a pleasure to watch play), Ahmad Black is a little undersized at safety but plays way bigger than his physical size, has 6 picks at safety and will also lay some wood (see Bama's first drive), Joe Haden hits like a truck at the other corner and Major Wright (safety) also hits like a truck (but doesn't play the ball well (IMHO)). Will Hill (nickle package) was the number one athlete in the 2008 recruiting class and has played very well with great range and speed to the ball.

I'm a Gator homer, but I feel better about UF's defense matching up with OU's offense than OU's defense being able to match-up with UF's offense. And, I know you're sick of hearing about Tebow, but his ability to tuck the ball and take off with it really creates problems for a defense (similar to Colt McCoy).

I would not be surprised to see the Score 28-0 or 28-7 before Florida is able to react. People tend to forget there has only been 2 games for the defense where things were not settled until late into the game (Texas and Okie Lite). And Florida does not equal either of those offenses this year, despite what stats show.

OU's defense is taken for granted by almost all their opponents. Which is fine by me.

OU's defense is good at creating turnovers. They are disciplined at their position. Injuries and inexperience has hurt OU all year. Now Box is looking to be back for the NCG, it helps.

Summary, OU's defense matches up well with the Gator offense. The gator defense does not match up well with the OU offense. And if you need a further explanation then I will be happy to explain my thoughts.

fadada1
12/23/2008, 12:28 PM
Summary, OU's defense matches up well with the Gator offense. The gator defense does not match up well with the OU offense. And if you need a further explanation then I will be happy to explain my thoughts.

i've been thinking the same for the past 2 weeks. i don't have any other explanations to give other than watching games. Uf has the ability to match any one of our WRs man-for-man, but NOT the entire group. one (or even 2) good DBs is not enough with the versatility of our offense. assign a LB to the blitz/run, and you leave gresham alone against a lineman or air.

UF says something (so i hear) about their speed on offense. well, we did pretty darn good against crabtree and maclin. i don't know if we stuff them at the line or scheme against them well, but they run pretty well... or so it seems. i just think our LBs are fast/strong/smart enough to account for tebow's running - and don't think venables hasn't been working on it.

overall, i really do see our O giving UF's defense fits - especially those 10-15 yard tosses that sam is so good at. i see our D matching better to their O than most of their fans want to believe.

o0Dan0o
12/23/2008, 12:33 PM
The Oline is perhaps the biggest key at moving the ball. They may be indirectly moving the ball, but without a good Oline, we would look like Nebraska.

True, but the opposite can be said. I was simply pointing out that while both teams have great O-lines, OU has better players around that line.

Jones is amazing, flat out. He is as good or better than Crabtree, and this as a freshman. But he is one WR, we have three excellent WRs on the field on almost every play, and you can't play lock-down on all of them at once. Coffey is a great back, but ours are as good or beter, I really believe Madu is ready for the big stage. His style is almost a carbon copy of Murry's, very quick and shifty, great speed and great hands both in the slot and out of the backfield.

Florida's defense will likely be the best we have seen this year, but OU's offense is the best Florida has seen. That will be the match up everyone is watching. Florida's offense is very good, but our D has seen as good or better in the Big-12. (Same disclaimer, a bit of an OU homer, but not blinded to the truth like some)
Dan

OU_Sooners75
12/23/2008, 12:35 PM
i've been thinking the same for the past 2 weeks. i don't have any other explanations to give other than watching games. Uf has the ability to match any one of our WRs man-for-man, but NOT the entire group. one (or even 2) good DBs is not enough with the versatility of our offense. assign a LB to the blitz/run, and you leave gresham alone against a lineman or air.

UF says something (so i hear) about their speed on offense. well, we did pretty darn good against crabtree and maclin. i don't know if we stuff them at the line or scheme against them well, but they run pretty well... or so it seems. i just think our LBs are fast/strong/smart enough to account for tebow's running - and don't think venables hasn't been working on it.

overall, i really do see our O giving UF's defense fits - especially those 10-15 yard tosses that sam is so good at. i see our D matching better to their O than most of their fans want to believe.

This is not meant to be a shot at Florida.

But they run a gimmick style of the spread offense.

1. OU defends the spread very well. As since Stoops showed up here.
2. OU plays disciplined defenses (No matter how pissed I get at the D and BV sometimes). This counters any trickery they will run.
3. OU has players that can counter the "speed" of Florida.

The Gator offense is not really any different than what Gary Pinkel at Missouri runs.

And IMHO, I think Daniel is an overall better QB running that type of system than Tebow is. Tebow is a FB with a strong throwing arm.

supes
12/23/2008, 12:37 PM
I would not be surprised to see the Score 28-0 or 28-7 before Florida is able to react. People tend to forget there has only been 2 games for the defense where things were not settled until late into the game (Texas and Okie Lite). And Florida does not equal either of those offenses this year, despite what stats show.

OU's defense is taken for granted by almost all their opponents. Which is fine by me.

OU's defense is good at creating turnovers. They are disciplined at their position. Injuries and inexperience has hurt OU all year. Now Box is looking to be back for the NCG, it helps.

See, this is an ignorant post. There is no way either team jumps out to a huge lead in this game in the first half. Both teams are known for jumping out with big leads in the first half and coasting the rest of the game. Neither team will have that luxury this game.

P3 Gator
12/23/2008, 12:40 PM

1. OU defends the spread very well. As seince Stoops showed up here.
2. OU plays disciplined defenses (No matter how pissed I get at the D and BV sometimes). This counters any trickery they will run.

The Gator offense is not really any different than what Gary Pinkel at Missouri runs.

And IMHO, I think Daniel is an overall better QB running that type of system than Tebow is. Tebow is a FB with a strong throwing arm.

UF runs the spread like Mizzou but that's where the similarity stops. UF has much better talent (with the exception of Macklin...he could play anywhere). Tebow is number 5 in the country in passing efficiency, so he is more than just a fullback tossing the ball around. Actually, I think McCoy would be a great spread QB.

OU_Sooners75
12/23/2008, 12:40 PM
See, this is an ignorant post. There is no way either team jumps out to a huge lead in this game in the first half. Both teams are known for jumping out with big leads in the first half and coasting the rest of the game. Neither team will have that luxury this game.

Okay Notradumbass, give me the winning Numbers for the tomorrow's Lottery Drawing.

P3 Gator
12/23/2008, 12:45 PM
ok, ok...I don't want to do it, but you've goaded me into it....I know it's a bad bet, but i'll lay $200 bucks against Florida holding 'UO' to 1 total yard in the 4th quarter.

I know, I know...you feel like you are stealing from me, and you probably are..but I'm a sucker like that.

anyone with a paypal address willing to be the money holder. I'm ready to send it.

in other words, time to buck up, mouth. or STFU.

That's a sucker's bet and we both know it. The point is (again), UF has seen and played very well against one of the best, most physical offensive lines in the country. What is OU going to do differently? Her's a thought for you; UF will have to respect the pass more and maybe won't be able to put as much up front and have to drop more in to coverage, so OU's line will have less to deal with. See, that's the kind of discourse that's helpful, not the STFU comments.

OU_Sooners75
12/23/2008, 12:46 PM
UF runs the spread like Mizzou but that's where the similarity stops. UF has much better talent (with the exception of Macklin...he could play anywhere). Tebow is number 5 in the country in passing efficiency, so he is more than just a fullback tossing the ball around. Actually, I think McCoy would be a great spread QB.

Trust me, Tebow would is not the best QB we have faced. He is merely a FB that gets the snap every play.

catsigater
12/23/2008, 12:47 PM

Have you actually seen UF play?

If you have, can you tell me what you mean by "gimmick"? To me Spurrier ran more of a gimmick offense than what we currently have, with the Emory and Henry formations and such.

We run the spread option. Nothing gimmicky about it. That's just what folks tell themselves to explain Meyer's success.

fadada1
12/23/2008, 12:48 PM
Tebow is number 5 in the country in passing efficiency, so he is more than just a fullback tossing the ball around.

hopefully not taken as a slam on tebow (not too much anyway;) ), but when you only throw the ball 15-20 times a game (for less than 200 yards) it's not that big of a chore to be rated high in efficiency. that being said, however, at least he puts his passes where they're suppose to go. no suprise that tebow's strength is his ability to run - which lends itself to a self-made play action.

hopefully our D will scheme to stop the run first and see if tebow can throw 30+ times. if he does that, and UF wins, kudos. BUT, if he has to throw 30+ times, it's already too late.

the other thing i see is that it's SO FREAKING OBVIOUS when tebow is going to run - seriously. i give credit to UF O-line because if i can see it coming, then the D surely must know it.

catsigater
12/23/2008, 12:49 PM
Trust me, Tebow would is not the best QB we have faced. He is merely a FB that gets the snap every play.

Heard it all year.

supes
12/23/2008, 12:53 PM

See, you are wrong here. You can't call the offense that Florida runs a gimmick. Each spread offense is different in some way. That doesn't make it a gimmick offense. Florida runs a more true spread than most and incorporates the option better than Missouri any day. Tebow is pretty darn accurate of a passer to be a glorified fullback, don't you think? Only 2 ints all year. Yeah, that's a fullback throwing the ball. Wow.

1. OU doesn't defend the spread well at all. OSU gave you troubles and put enough on the board to win the game had they played any defense whatsoever.
2. ALabama has a very disciplined and much higher rated defense but still couldn't contain the florida attack. And if you want to say that OU has a discipline defense, then you wouldn't have given up so many points throughout the year because of missed tackles and overrunning the play.
3. Not on defense you don't. Your offense is fast like Florida. Your defense might be quick but not very good.

Now the problem you all are going to have offensively is you don't have Murray for that big play ability. Sure you have two other capable backs but they aren't the game breaking type that Murray is. Also, when your team has tried to just run the game away, it still took Bradford throwing the ball quite a bit more because your run game couldn't produce the yards...see the TCU game as a reference. And when you did try to balance the game with running against Texas, they burned you and held your team to 48 rushing yards. Both of those games were with Murray and his average was pitiful all the way around.

Furthermore, a team can't become one-dimensional and expect to win the game. If Florida stops the run and makes Bradford throw the ball every down, there will be some turnovers. Just like OU, Florida's db's are ball hawks.

I believe OU is going to have a lot more trouble making Florida one-dimensional.

OU_Sooners75
12/23/2008, 12:53 PM
That's a sucker's bet and we both know it. The point is (again), UF has seen and played very well against one of the best, most physical offensive lines in the country. What is OU going to do differently? Her's a thought for you; UF will have to respect the pass more and maybe won't be able to put as much up front and have to drop more in to coverage, so OU's line will have less to deal with. See, that's the kind of discourse that's helpful, not the STFU comments.

Look man.

With no disrespect, Florida has not gone against a Oline like OU's. There are four future, maybe even upto 6 future NFL Linemen on the 2 deep. Alabama has a good Oline. But it is nothing like OU's.

And what you said is true. It will be helpful that Florida cannot just load up the box to stop the run. Florida will actually have to play an offense that will hurt them run or pass. Something they have not had to deal with all season long. If they do load up the box to stop the pass, Bradford will pass for over 400 yards. If they drop 7, OU will rush for 200+ yards. It is called picking their poison. But Florida will not be able to stop both at the same time.

catsigater
12/23/2008, 12:54 PM
the other thing i see is that it's SO FREAKING OBVIOUS when tebow is going to run - seriously. i give credit to UF O-line because if i can see it coming, then the D surely must know it.

What's not obvious is when he's going to pass. That's when the "one-man play-action pass" is so devastating.

That and the jump pass are the only real "gimmicks" we have. And it's really, really hard to stop or gameplan, just because Tebow is a threat to run.

Expect at least one long completion each half when Tebow throws deep downfield after sucking the defense in on what looks like a run up the middle.

OU_Sooners75
12/23/2008, 01:00 PM
See, you are wrong here. You can't call the offense that Florida runs a gimmick. Each spread offense is different in some way. That doesn't make it a gimmick offense. Florida runs a more true spread than most and incorporates the option better than Missouri any day. Tebow is pretty darn accurate of a passer to be a glorified fullback, don't you think? Only 2 ints all year. Yeah, that's a fullback throwing the ball. Wow.

1. OU doesn't defend the spread well at all. OSU gave you troubles and put enough on the board to win the game had they played any defense whatsoever.
2. ALabama has a very disciplined and much higher rated defense but still couldn't contain the florida attack. And if you want to say that OU has a discipline defense, then you wouldn't have given up so many points throughout the year because of missed tackles and overrunning the play.
3. Not on defense you don't. Your offense is fast like Florida. Your defense might be quick but not very good.

Now the problem you all are going to have offensively is you don't have Murray for that big play ability. Sure you have two other capable backs but they aren't the game breaking type that Murray is. Also, when your team has tried to just run the game away, it still took Bradford throwing the ball quite a bit more because your run game couldn't produce the yards...see the TCU game as a reference. And when you did try to balance the game with running against Texas, they burned you and held your team to 48 rushing yards. Both of those games were with Murray and his average was pitiful all the way around.

Furthermore, a team can't become one-dimensional and expect to win the game. If Florida stops the run and makes Bradford throw the ball every down, there will be some turnovers. Just like OU, Florida's db's are ball hawks.

I believe OU is going to have a lot more trouble making Florida one-dimensional.

You obviously have not watched much Florida Gator football if you think they have not incorporated trickery into their offense.

You can act arrogant and assholish all you want to while here. But facts are facts son. The fact is Florida's offense is nothing more than what OU has faced in Missouri, Tech, OSU, and others this year.

Name the one offense that Florida has faced this year that even comes close to resembling Oklahoma's offense? Here is a hint. You cannot.

Since you cannot name one offense that compares to OU's on Florida's Schedule this year...How can you sit there trying to convince us that Florida will have success where no other team has? That is arrogance and stupidity all rolled into one.

Losing Murray does hurt. But OU has a very deep stable of running backs. And trust me when I say this. Madu is just as agile, quick, and good as Murray, just a little smaller.

OU4LIFE
12/23/2008, 01:02 PM

Like I said, I'm a sucker, so take the bet. You obviously believe Alabama's OL to be equal to or superior to Oklahoma's. AND, you flat our stated that Alabama's RB is better than anything OU will put on the field, so...LOGIC says you believe you can expect better or similar results. I don't think it's a stretch to see that from your comments.

SO, if that is indeed your feelings, then there's certainly nothing wrong with a little wager on your beliefs.

I, on the other hand, happen to believe that NOTHING Alabama did in the SEC champ game will be applicable in this game. They run from a power I formation, OU operates half in and half out of a shotgun, with 3 other OL that rotate in and out to stay fresh.

Now, I think that Florida's LB's are excellent, one of them for sure, so they will help stop the run game, but it's going to be trying to stop the run game at teh second level or with blitz pressure because the D-line of Florida just doesn't match up well with our OL, so you will be forced to blitz and play man, or cover 2 and hope that good enough. and from What I've seen so far this year, it's not going to be good enough.

bottom line is this, none of these are anything but opinions, not a one of us knows what's going to happen. So saying someone if going to jump out to a big lead, or that there is NO WAY someone is going to jump out to a big lead, is just dumb for either side.

Now, back to my original statement.

We're doomed, Florida's speed and athleticism is just too much for us to contend with, Oh God please don't let us get embarrassed too badly...

P3 Gator
12/23/2008, 01:04 PM
You obviously have not watched much Florida Gator football if you think they have not incorporated trickery into their offense.

You can act arrogant and assholish all you want to while here. But facts are facts son. The fact is Florida's offense is nothing more than what OU has faced in Missouri, Tech, OSU, and others this year.

Name the one offense that Florida has faced this year that even comes close to resembling Oklahoma's offense? Here is a hint. You cannot.

Since you cannot name one offense that compares to OU's on Florida's Schedule this year...How can you sit there trying to convince us that Florida will have success where no other team has? That is arrogance and stupidity all rolled into one.

Losing Murray does hurt. But OU has a very deep stable of running backs. And trust me when I say this. Madu is just as agile, quick, and good as Murray, just a little smaller.

Texas had some success...

OU_Sooners75
12/23/2008, 01:05 PM
Have you actually seen UF play?

If you have, can you tell me what you mean by "gimmick"? To me Spurrier ran more of a gimmick offense than what we currently have, with the Emory and Henry formations and such.

We run the spread option. Nothing gimmicky about it. That's just what folks tell themselves to explain Meyer's success.

Gimmick = Plays that are non traditional.

Reverses, Jump passes. Tebow trying to play football and so on. :P

OU_Sooners75
12/23/2008, 01:07 PM

So now you are trying to compare a rivalry game to that of a game where two teams have never played each other?

Here is a hint for you...OU's offense was not running the ball good leading into the game against Texas. Since then they are averaging over 200 yards/game. OU had to rededicate themselves at rushing the football.

The Maestro
12/23/2008, 01:09 PM
If OU and Bama have offensive lines that are similar in talent, I'd say the fact that...

Sam Bradford >>> WAY better than John Parker Cougar Mellencamp Wilson

Chris and Mossis >>> WAY better than Mr. Coffee

OU receivers = five guys who can have huge games >>> 1 stud for Bama who you KNOW is getting the ball thrown to him but he still goes off on you

That alone should be another 20 points vs. Florida. We will see if 40 holds up for a win.

Oh, and rating offensive linemen is ghey.

"Our guy is 23rd! Oh, yeah? Our's is 18th!!" says who???

OU4LIFE
12/23/2008, 01:11 PM

let me finish your statement for you

...because OU lost their All Big 12 Middle LB to a knee injury, so Texas, in a good coaching move, took their #3 WR and moved him to the slot, a tight slot near the TE position and then ran successive dump plays right to the spot where we had a true freshman trying to play and fill in. That's where texas made all their 2nd half yards. Texas wins....but then, it's kinda hard to game plan for injuries, skippy.

I don't see how that relates to what Florida will do. Talk about your fourth grade arguments....

BigRedJed
12/23/2008, 01:12 PM
P3, don't come over here, a place where you have never posted before the current matchup was announced, pimping our opponent, and lecturing a guy who's posted on here for years about what kind of discourse is helpful or appreciated, ON AN OU MESSAGE BOARD.

Frankly, most people on this board would be just as happy if you Gator fans would all pack up and leave the place. We were doing just fine before you got here, and we'll be OK after you leave too. We're a pretty tolerant bunch, but know your place.

You're mouthing off, 4LIFE called you on it. You folded. Move along.

OU_Sooners75
12/23/2008, 01:14 PM
P3, don't come over here, a place where you have never posted before the current matchup was announced, pimping our opponent, and lecturing a guy who's posted on here for years about what kind of discourse is helpful or appreciated, ON AN OU MESSAGE BOARD.

Frankly, most people on this board would be just as happy if you Gator fans would all pack up and leave the place. We were doing just fine before you got here, and we'll be OK after you leave too. We're a pretty tolerant bunch, but know your place.

I don't think you have the balls to dump him on his arse!

:pop:

OU_Sooners75
12/23/2008, 01:16 PM
I am spekking every sooner in this thread. 'cept for BRJ. He is being a bully. LOL

J/K Jed.

OU4LIFE
12/23/2008, 01:17 PM
we're doomed I'm tellin ya.

why didn't we just throw the Big 12 CC? At least then we wouldn't have to get embarrassed by UF.

I don't wanna be chomped.

BigRedJed
12/23/2008, 01:17 PM
I don't think you have the balls to dump him on his arse!

:pop:
Meh. 4LIFE likes him. I think he's going to turn him into his little pet before this is over.

catsigater
12/23/2008, 01:20 PM
Gimmick = Plays that are non traditional.

Reverses, Jump passes. Tebow trying to play football and so on. :P

OK, now you're just digging your own grave. Reverses have been around for decades, so calling them "non-traditional" is just silly.

Sure, they're dependent upon situations, but that doesn't make them gimmicks.

By your standard, trap and counter plays are gimmicks too. :rolleyes:

I've already granted the jump pass is a gimmick, but we've run it less than 8 times in two years, so calling our offense "gimmicky" based on that one play doesn't cut it.

Not to mention the fact that it's worked every time.

If you really want to understand the theory behind what Meyer's done, here's a great blog. http://smartfootball.blogspot.com/2008/12/florida-gatorurban-meyer-offense.html

The book "Spread Formation Football," written by Coach Meyer, begins with the line: "Spread formations are not new to football." Very true.

Wait, I should have been more specific. "Spread Formation Football" was written in 1952 by Coach Dutch Meyer of TCU. Yet that Meyer's edict applies with as much force to today's Coach Meyer as it did then, if not more so, because it highlights a simple truth. Urban Meyer, and his offensive coordinator, Dan Mullen, are not geniuses, nor are they innovators. Indeed, Florida's offense is not new; it is not novel; it is not even that unique.

Urban Meyer would agree and say, that's okay. His offense may not be new; it is merely very, very good.

If you want to remain ignernt :P keep doing what your doing.

P3 Gator
12/23/2008, 01:20 PM
If OU and Bama have offensive lines that are similar in talent, I'd say the fact that...

Sam Bradford >>> WAY better than John Parker Cougar Mellencamp Wilson

Chris and Mossis >>> WAY better than Mr. Coffee

OU receivers = five guys who can have huge games >>> 1 stud for Bama who you KNOW is getting the ball thrown to him but he still goes off on you

That alone should be another 20 points vs. Florida. We will see if 40 holds up for a win.

Oh, and rating offensive linemen is ghey.

"Our guy is 23rd! Oh, yeah? Our's is 18th!!" says who???

Says Rivals, not a bunch of homers (UF or OU). UF has four runners who all average more YPC than Murray, Madu, Brown or Coffey. They are: Harvin, Demps, Rainey and Moody.

supes
12/23/2008, 01:21 PM

Not sure how this is considered arrogance. Your first post was complete arrogance. And I didn't realize you were now my dad. Great to finally meet my real father. Hooray!!! But seriously, no, UF hasn't faced an offense quite like OUs and I never said they had. If I were going to name one offense that had the potential to be as explosive it would have been Georgia with Matt Stafford, Moreno and AJ Green. But you fail to also realize that Florida has stopped the running game all year long unlike OU. Florida has stopped a couple of the best backs in the country whereas you haven't faced the best backs in the country. We can get into X's and O's all day long and you can look at your little offensive stat sheet and make a claim that your team is unstoppable but it's not. If it was, you wouldn't have lost to Texas. You can't possibly think that your defense is on the same level as florida's defense. No one in their right mind believes that.

Let's look at the points your "disciplined" defense allowed this year:

your defense gave up :

17 to Baylor, 45 to Texas, 31 to Kansas, 35 to K State, 28 to Nebraska, 21 to Texas Tech, 41 to OSU, 21 to Mizzou.

That sounds disciplined to me.

BigRedJed
12/23/2008, 01:23 PM
Phht. It's not like he did anything bannable. I'm just saying 4LIFE has earned the right to tell an opposing team n00b to STFU if he wants to. It was an acronym and everything.

OU_Sooners75
12/23/2008, 01:24 PM
OK, now you're just digging your own grave. Reverses have been around for decades, so calling them "non-traditional" is just silly.

Sure, they're dependent upon situations, but that doesn't make them gimmicks.

By your standard, trap and counter plays are gimmicks too. :rolleyes:

I've already granted the jump pass is a gimmick, but we've run it less than 8 times in two years, so calling our offense "gimmicky" based on that one play doesn't cut it.

Not to mention the fact that it's worked every time.

If you really want to understand the theory behind what Meyer's done, here's a great blog. http://smartfootball.blogspot.com/2008/12/florida-gatorurban-meyer-offense.html

If you want to remain ignernt :P keep doing what your doing.

The only thing ignernt are those that live in the Midwest and hop on the Gator Bandwagon because they just happen to start watching football in 2006. :eek: :D

cheezyq
12/23/2008, 01:25 PM
Though I usually agree with most of what you post....this could not be further from being wrong!

Trent Williams did not see action his freshman year at all. Last year he only started 6 games, but seen action in all 14 games. This is the only year he has started all season long.

Branndon Braxton was last year main starter at Right Tackle.

I was pretty sure that he started much of 2006-7 due to frequent injuries at the RT spot....even though he technically wasn't listed as the starter. I could be wrong....but I still think he gained significant experience from being in the lineup a lot of the time.

OU4LIFE
12/23/2008, 01:26 PM
DOOMED I TELL YOU.

there's yet more proof

cheezyq
12/23/2008, 01:31 PM

Welcome to English comprehension, 101. He never said that either team would "coast". He just said that he wouldn't be surprised if OU jumped on UF to go up 28-0 or 28-7 to start. He said that because it's happened several times this year, and against great teams and great defenses, too. It's a fact.

He also didn't say it WOULD happen. He just says he wouldn't be surprised. Please read before you post.

P3 Gator
12/23/2008, 01:32 PM
let me finish your statement for you

...because OU lost their All Big 12 Middle LB to a knee injury, so Texas, in a good coaching move, took their #3 WR and moved him to the slot, a tight slot near the TE position and then ran successive dump plays right to the spot where we had a true freshman trying to play and fill in. That's where texas made all their 2nd half yards. Texas wins....but then, it's kinda hard to game plan for injuries, skippy.

I don't see how that relates to what Florida will do. Talk about your fourth grade arguments....

OK, so how's your freshman MLB doing now? It seems like a lot of points have been run-up since. I saw the OU/UT game. It was a true shame about the MLB going down, the difference afterwards was huge and UT did pick that scab all afternoon. What's to stop Harvin or Moody or Hernandez doing the same thing all night out of the slot or H-back position?

catsigater
12/23/2008, 01:35 PM
The only thing ignernt are those that live in the Midwest and hop on the Gator Bandwagon because they just happen to start watching football in 2006. :eek: :D

Ah know you ain't talkin' 'bout me.

Dad's Gator.

Brudda's a Gator.

Ah'm a Gator too. (class of '84)

And the Midwest will be in my rear-view - permanently - mirror come March.

Back to Wyoming.

P3 Gator
12/23/2008, 01:35 PM

I apologize if it comes across a mouthing off. I've just been discussing football. Usually, when you do that, someone doesn't tell you to STFU (at least not face to face).

BigRedJed
12/23/2008, 01:37 PM
4LIFE would. And you'd probably do it if he did.

Of course, knowing 4LIFE he'd only be funnin'. But you's still probably STFU.

IronHorseSooner
12/23/2008, 01:37 PM
Before the season, FLA folks were quite concerned that teams would line up 4-5 wide and throw it all over the place on them. The thing is, nobody they have played that I have seen-and besides the Sooners, the Gators are the other team I watch- has/had the personnel to do that (not UGA, not scUM, not FSU, not LSu, nobody). Well, folks, they will face it now...BTW, if speed was what made players great, Robert Griffin would have won the Heisman, Michael Johnson would have made the Baylor team, Carl Lewis would have made the Dallas Cowboys, Renaldo Nehemiah would be in the Hall of Fame, and Trendon Holiday would have been an All American. As well, Baylor, Arky, and Oregon would win their respective conferences every year. This isn't a track meet, it is a football game. And if they can't get to Bradford, Usain Bolt in their secondary isn't going to help.

OU4LIFE
12/23/2008, 01:39 PM
Here's what I think, truly.

It's fun to sit here and watch Mr. Johnny-come-lately Florida to the world of big time college football. Glad to see you could make it. Welcome to the club, feel free to look around the place. Try not to knock anything over, most of this stuff has been here WAY before your FB program showed up, so try and have some respect for the place. We've been hanging around here for. off and on, for the better part of 80 years. We've paid our dues, and that affords us a certain degree of latitude that your program just hasn't earned yet. Florida is a fine, fine program, and on a great run. Once you've posted your 7th or 8th MNC in 50 years or so, then you can feel free to not pick up after yourself as much, or leave the toilet seat up, but until that point, we'd just prefer if you'd just show a little respect to CFB and stop dismissing every opponent based on your 'speed'.

TIA.

Yours Truly,

Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Michigan, Nebraska, Alabama, Southern Cal, etc.

supes
12/23/2008, 01:40 PM
Welcome to English comprehension, 101. He never said that either team would "coast". He just said that he wouldn't be surprised if OU jumped on UF to go up 28-0 or 28-7 to start. He said that because it's happened several times this year, and against great teams and great defenses, too. It's a fact.

He also didn't say it WOULD happen. He just says he wouldn't be surprised. Please read before you post.

Oh wow. An english comprehension argument. And I see you threw that "against great defenses" argument out there. Name one "GREAT" defense your team has actually played? You can't because it hasn't happened. Now skippy, I know this is all very hard for you to understand but, let him defend himself for his arrogant and ignorant post. Thanks for playing.

cheezyq
12/23/2008, 01:40 PM

Wow, ignorance is bliss, my friend. OU defends the spread EXTREMELY well. What you don't understand is that the spread is DESIGNED to put up huge numbers and quickly. Seriously, how many spread offenses has UF faced? You can't just look at the box score and assume that OU's defense sucks because they allowed X points and Y yards.

This is similar to the first point. If you never face the spread, it's difficult to defend. Heck, it's difficult to defend even if you see it all the time. Look at the Chiefs the last half of this year. They instituted the spread on offense, and even NFL defenses struggle with it.

Please don't ever post the word "ignorant" in reference to other posters when you have the temerity to post that junk.

fadada1
12/23/2008, 01:45 PM
That and the jump pass are the only real "gimmicks" we have. And it's really, really hard to stop or gameplan, just because Tebow is a threat to run.

exactly how many timeshas he done the "jump pass". two, maybe three times? in 3 years??? i've never heard so much hype over a fake run and 2 yard pass.

supes
12/23/2008, 01:46 PM
Here's what I think, truly.

It's fun to sit here and watch Mr. Johnny-come-lately Florida to the world of big time college football. Glad to see you could make it. Welcome to the club, feel free to look around the place. Try not to knock anything over, most of this stuff has been here WAY before your FB program showed up, so try and have some respect for the place. We've been hanging around here for. off and on, for the better part of 80 years. We've paid our dues, and that affords us a certain degree of latitude that your program just hasn't earned yet. Florida is a fine, fine program, and on a great run. Once you've posted your 7th or 8th MNC in 50 years or so, then you can feel free to not pick up after yourself as much, or leave the toilet seat up, but until that point, we'd just prefer if you'd just show a little respect to CFB and stop dismissing every opponent based on your 'speed'.

TIA.

Yours Truly,

Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Michigan, Nebraska, Alabama, Southern Cal, etc.

Well that was insightful. Living in the past still I see. That's the problem, you feel that your team has won so many championships that it applies today. Not hardly. And only arrogant fans like you would even bring something so silly up. Wow. Just wow.

OU_Sooners75
12/23/2008, 01:46 PM
Not sure how this is considered arrogance. Your first post was complete arrogance. And I didn't realize you were now my dad. Great to finally meet my real father. Hooray!!! But seriously, no, UF hasn't faced an offense quite like OUs and I never said they had. If I were going to name one offense that had the potential to be as explosive it would have been Georgia with Matt Stafford, Moreno and AJ Green. But you fail to also realize that Florida has stopped the running game all year long unlike OU. Florida has stopped a couple of the best backs in the country whereas you haven't faced the best backs in the country. We can get into X's and O's all day long and you can look at your little offensive stat sheet and make a claim that your team is unstoppable but it's not. If it was, you wouldn't have lost to Texas. You can't possibly think that your defense is on the same level as florida's defense. No one in their right mind believes that.

your defense gave up :

17 to Baylor, 45 to Texas, 31 to Kansas, 35 to K State, 28 to Nebraska, 21 to Texas Tech, 41 to OSU, 21 to Mizzou.

Ignorance is Bliss.

OU has stopped the rushing all season on defense. They only allow 105 yds/game. That is in the top 20 for sure in the NCAA.

As far as the stupidity flowing forth about who much OU has allowed...

1. Baylor scored 17 on OU. Baylor averaged 28 points/game. OU allowed 14 in the second quarter Half time score 35-14.
2. Texas scored 45 points. They average 43.92 ppg. The Whorns scored 25 of their 45 points in the second half. This is a 100+ game rivalry. OU scored 35.
3. Kansas scored 31. OU was up 21 with 1 minute left in the game. KU scored with 58 second left in the game. KU averages 32.67 ppg.
4. Kansas State. The more and more I go through these. The more and more I realize you have not really watched OU this year. This game was over at half time. OU 58-28 at the half. KSU averages 34.92 ppg. What lese do I need to say?
5. Nebraska averages 36.17 ppg. OU won 62-28. The score was 49-14 at half time.
6. Texas Tech...an offense that averages 44.58 ppg was held to their season low of 21 points and the only game this year they were held under 35 points. In case you did not watch that game. OU was up 42-7 at half time.
7. Oklahoma State plays OU very tough in Stillwater. This is a game they circle every year and they could careless if they went 1-11. As long as that one win was against OU. BTW, OSu averages over 41 ppg. Only the second (and final game to this point) that has not been over before half time or end of the 3rd quarter for OU.
8. Missouri, in case you fail to remember runs a very similar offense as Florida, and they run it with just as much success. Don't use the talent argument...No one on Florida can compare to Jeremy Maclin. Missouri averages 43.51 ppg. The score was 38-7 at half time.

WOW as you can see 90% of the points, cept for OSU and Texas came in, what we ex-footballers and we knowledgeable fans call, garbage time.

Want to try a different angle to make yourself feel better?

OU4LIFE
12/23/2008, 01:47 PM
OK, so how's your freshman MLB doing now? It seems like a lot of points have been run-up since. I saw the OU/UT game. It was a true shame about the MLB going down, the difference afterwards was huge and UT did pick that scab all afternoon. What's to stop Harvin or Moody or Hernandez doing the same thing all night out of the slot or H-back position?

Mostly because since that game no one has picked that scab with any success.

That's not saying Florida won't have some success, of course they will, they are equally as talented as anyone we've faced this year and we've shown the propensity to kind of....lose our mental...and some bad times. But overall, this unit, while they will assuredly give up the big play here and there, will also collect a turnover to make up for it.

I still say we lose by 26. maybe 28. it's hard to tackle a blur...what with all the sonic booms going off and all.

OU_Sooners75
12/23/2008, 01:49 PM
I was pretty sure that he started much of 2006-7 due to frequent injuries at the RT spot....even though he technically wasn't listed as the starter. I could be wrong....but I still think he gained significant experience from being in the lineup a lot of the time.

You're right he did start the last 6 games because Braxton broke his leg in 2006.

So I was wrong. My bad, sorry.

fadada1
12/23/2008, 01:51 PM
did you all know that 4LIFE had a hole in one... like 3 years ago. and that was against a wind measuring 3.8 in the 40. mind you, he was playing with inferior equipment, a busted knee, a bad thumb, had shot 45-35 the day before (front-back), and was told that an ealier-in-the-season loss in match play was more important than blowing out the same opponent later in the season. to top it off, his mom called the golf shop to complain about a head-to-head match.

OU_Sooners75
12/23/2008, 01:51 PM
Ah know you ain't talkin' 'bout me.

Dad's Gator.

Brudda's a Gator.

Ah'm a Gator too. (class of '84)

And the Midwest will be in my rear-view - permanently - mirror come March.

Back to Wyoming.

LOL...that is what all the bandwagoners say. :P

OU_Sooners75
12/23/2008, 01:56 PM
Well that was insightful. Living in the past still I see. That's the problem, you feel that your team has won so many championships that it applies today. Not hardly. And only arrogant fans like you would even bring something so silly up. Wow. Just wow.

Someone ban this freakin idiot

1. When Florida has better than a 3-5 bowl record this decade, let me know.
2. When Florida is higher than #14 in wins this decade, let me know.
3. When Florida has 6 conference titles this decade, let me know.
4. When Florida has played in 7 BCS Bowl games, let me know.

This is all since 2000. So apparently the past does have some effect in how the future is shaped in college football. Only a true idiot or a whorn fan would try to think otherwise.

cheezyq
12/23/2008, 01:58 PM
Oh wow. An english comprehension argument. And I see you threw that "against great defenses" argument out there. Name one "GREAT" defense your team has actually played? You can't because it hasn't happened. Now skippy, I know this is all very hard for you to understand but, let him defend himself for his arrogant and ignorant post. Thanks for playing.

TCU = #2 in defense in the country. We were up 21-7 in the first quarter and 28-7 in the first half.

Now that I've "played" your stupid game, what do I win?

fadada1
12/23/2008, 01:58 PM
I still say we lose by 26. maybe 28. it's hard to tackle a blur...what with all the sonic booms going off and all.

dude, i think you're being rather optimistic. you think we can keep it that close. [shakes head] i don't know.

supes
12/23/2008, 02:00 PM
Ignorance is Bliss.

OU has stopped the rushing all season on defense. They only allow 105 yds/game. That is in the top 20 for sure in the NCAA.

As far as the stupidity flowing forth about who much OU has allowed...

1. Baylor scored 17 on OU. Baylor averaged 28 points/game. OU allowed 14 in the second quarter Half time score 35-14.
2. Texas scored 45 points. They average 43.92 ppg. The Whorns scored 25 of their 45 points in the second half. This is a 100+ game rivalry. OU scored 35.
3. Kansas scored 31. OU was up 21 with 1 minute left in the game. KU scored with 58 second left in the game. KU averages 32.67 ppg.
4. Kansas State. The more and more I go through these. The more and more I realize you have not really watched OU this year. This game was over at half time. OU 58-28 at the half. KSU averages 34.92 ppg. What lese do I need to say?
5. Nebraska averages 36.17 ppg. OU won 62-28. The score was 49-14 at half time.
6. Texas Tech...an offense that averages 44.58 ppg was held to their season low of 21 points and the only game this year they were held under 35 points. In case you did not watch that game. OU was up 42-7 at half time.
7. Oklahoma State plays OU very tough in Stillwater. This is a game they circle every year and they could careless if they went 1-11. As long as that one win was against OU. BTW, OSu averages over 41 ppg. Only the second (and final game to this point) that has not been over before half time or end of the 3rd quarter for OU.
8. Missouri, in case you fail to remember runs a very similar offense as Florida, and they run it with just as much success. Don't use the talent argument...No one on Florida can compare to Jeremy Maclin. Missouri averages 43.51 ppg. The score was 38-7 at half time.

WOW as you can see 90% of the points, cept for OSU and Texas came in, what we ex-footballers and we knowledgeable fans call, garbage time.

Want to try a different angle to make yourself feel better?
Luckily, I'm an ex-footballer myself. I have seen your defense. It is nothing spectacular. And of course, Maclin is a god and Florida has No One like him. Harvin isn't like him or better, Demps isn't like him or better, Rainey isn't like him or better. Please. Mizzou was overrated this year and you know it. K-State is not a very good team and Kansas is overrated. Sure, I understand the rivalry game with OSU. But allowing 41 points and not in hand until you all had to score over 60? Please. You have a weak defense to go along with a conference full of weak defenses. You have an offense that is exceptional in a conference where offense is the only thing that matters. Defense is foregone conclusion in the Big 12 and you know it! Why deny this? Why not admit that Florida presents a defensive challenge that OU has not seen and an offense that is pretty prolific in it's own right? I can admit that you all have a great offense and the closest thing to that we've seen is Georgia who we wiped the turf with over and over and over. Your team presents a challenge that no team really can plan for. But your defense leaves something to be desired.

cheezyq
12/23/2008, 02:02 PM
You're right he did start the last 6 games because Braxton broke his leg in 2006.

So I was wrong. My bad, sorry.

No biggie at all. For some reason I thought it was that way all of the 2006 season. Regardless, TW is one of my favorite players. He's very technically sound.

supes
12/23/2008, 02:05 PM

This is all since 2000. So apparently the past does have some effect in how the future is shaped in college football. Only a true idiot or a whorn fan would try to think otherwise.

oh, and there it is...ban this idiot. Why not add me to the banned list. Thanks buddy, or do I mean dad? for letting me get under your skin. Can't handle the smack talk, huh? or can't handle a non-sooner opinion. come over to my playground. We won't ask for your banning. But guarantee you will run away because I've been mild considering what you will get there. www.thegatorboard.com unless you are scared.

BigRedJed
12/23/2008, 02:11 PM
oh, and there it is...ban this idiot. Why not add me to the banned list. Thanks buddy, or do I mean dad? for letting me get under your skin. Can't handle the smack talk, huh? or can't handle a non-sooner opinion. come over to my playground. We won't ask for your banning. But guarantee you will run away because I've been mild considering what you will get there. www.thegatorboard.com (http://www.thegatorboard.com) unless you are scared.
Smack talk belongs on Smack Central (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10). If you want to get personal with people, go back to where you came from. Sounds like a great place.

As for taunting people into going over to your board and getting it on with the locals, no thanks. It shows a lack of class, just like you're showing over here. Don't get me wrong; I'm sure there are more than a few Sooner fans who have gone over there talking smack. But if they do, the deserve whatever they get.

And I can only assume that "oh, and there it is...ban this idiot." means that you make a habit out of doing this to opposing teams' fan boards. Classy.

OU_Sooners75
12/23/2008, 02:12 PM
Luckily, I'm an ex-footballer myself. I have seen your defense. It is nothing spectacular. And of course, Maclin is a god and Florida has No One like him. Harvin isn't like him or better, Demps isn't like him or better, Rainey isn't like him or better. Please. Mizzou was overrated this year and you know it. K-State is not a very good team and Kansas is overrated. Sure, I understand the rivalry game with OSU. But allowing 41 points and not in hand until you all had to score over 60? Please. You have a weak defense to go along with a conference full of weak defenses. You have an offense that is exceptional in a conference where offense is the only thing that matters. Defense is foregone conclusion in the Big 12 and you know it! Why deny this? Why not admit that Florida presents a defensive challenge that OU has not seen and an offense that is pretty prolific in it's own right? I can admit that you all have a great offense and the closest thing to that we've seen is Georgia who we wiped the turf with over and over and over. Your team presents a challenge that no team really can plan for. But your defense leaves something to be desired.

LOL...All I read is. Blah Blah Blah, I'm a Big Fat B!tch.

Now then. If you know anything about football at all, you will stop looking at the stats the media looks at.

Here is something for you to chew on.

Some of the most important defensive stats...

Sacks/game (National Rank):
Oklahoma 3.23 (3)
Florida 2.46 (33)

Tackles For Loss/game:
Oklahoma 7.77 (10)
Florida 5.15 (85)

3rd Down Conversion Defense:
Oklahoma 33.3% (21)
Florida 31.8% (15)

Red Zone Defense:
Oklahoma 80% (46)
Florida 71% (6)

Turnovers Created:
Oklahoma 32 (4)
Florida 33 (3)

Turnover Margin/game:
Oklahoma 1.77 (1)
Florida 1.69 (2)

Seems to me Florida's defense must suck balls too, being that they are very close or trailing OU in every other major statistical category on defense.

OU_Sooners75
12/23/2008, 02:14 PM
oh, and there it is...ban this idiot. Why not add me to the banned list. Thanks buddy, or do I mean dad? for letting me get under your skin. Can't handle the smack talk, huh? or can't handle a non-sooner opinion. come over to my playground. We won't ask for your banning. But guarantee you will run away because I've been mild considering what you will get there. www.thegatorboard.com unless you are scared.

Admitting you are nothing more than a Troll is not something to be proud of.

OU4LIFE
12/23/2008, 02:14 PM
did you all know that 4LIFE had a hole in one... like 3 years ago. and that was against a wind measuring 3.8 in the 40. mind you, he was playing with inferior equipment, a busted knee, a bad thumb, had shot 45-35 the day before (front-back), and was told that an ealier-in-the-season loss in match play was more important than blowing out the same opponent later in the season. to top it off, his mom called the golf shop to complain about a head-to-head match.

true. every. word. of. it.

supes
12/23/2008, 02:17 PM
Smack talk belongs on Smack Central. If you want to get personal with people, go back to where you came from. Sounds like a great place.

As for taunting people into going over to your board and getting it on with the locals, no thanks. It shows a lack of class, just like you're showing over here. Don't get me wrong; I'm sure there are more than a few Sooner fans who have gone over there talking smack. But if they do, the deserve whatever they get.

And I can only assume that "oh, and there it is...ban this idiot." means that you make a habit out of doing this to opposing teams' fan boards. Classy.

wrong. I was talking football. There were ignorant posts and I called them out on it. Go ahead and get defensive and ban me like you have other gator posters who have tried to make a point and get banned for it. It's like walking on a sheet of thin ice with you people. Your boy 75 called me son. I don't appreciate that. Your boy called me an idiot because I have a point and he doesn't want to see it. Fine. Now, I have given you all an open invitation to the board I post at without the fear of being banned. IF you consider that classless, so be it. But really, I want to talk football. Not be insulted for having my own point of view.

OU_Sooners75
12/23/2008, 02:19 PM
One last thing supes...

If a few things..
1. I would not go to a gator board and act like a tool. I would, and I do, appreciate the other team. Something you apparently do not.
2. I would not go to a gator board and act like my team is so much better.
3. I am not interested in arguing about whos pen1s is larger.

Grow up and try to bring a differing opinion that is respectful in nature.

OU4LIFE
12/23/2008, 02:21 PM

Nice retort, supes. Did you just choose to not reply to the facts that were posted because they make YOU look like the one who doesn't seem to know much about the landscape of college football? Can't post up your own, better than OU stats this decade?

Like I said "welcome to the party, we've got as many MNC as you do this decade, not to mention the other SIX before that one. I'll be tickled as hell come the 8th when we are adding another one to the mantle, I just hope it's not as fast as your team is....or we are doomed.

OU4LIFE
12/23/2008, 02:24 PM
see, P3 is fun, not like this assclown supes.

wants to talk football, then when football stats this decade are thrown at him, the only line he reads is the 'ban him' line.

BigRedJed
12/23/2008, 02:27 PM
wrong. I was talking football. There were ignorant posts and I called them out on it. Go ahead and get defensive and ban me like you have other gator posters who have tried to make a point and get banned for it. It's like walking on a sheet of thin ice with you people. Your boy 75 called me son. I don't appreciate that. Your boy called me an idiot because I have a point and he doesn't want to see it. Fine. Now, I have given you all an open invitation to the board I post at without the fear of being banned. IF you consider that classless, so be it. But really, I want to talk football. Not be insulted for having my own point of view.
Seriously. Have you been banned yet? Get the chip off of your shoulder and post like a man, Sally.

The few Gator posters who have been banned from here were banned for making personal attacks on members of this board, a fine line that you are now walking. Soonerfans regulars have been warned on this board for personal attacks on opposing team fans too. It works both ways.

But they are by far going to get the benefit of the doubt over opposing team trolls who magically show up after the bowl pairings are announced. He called you "son." OMGWTF? He called you an idiot? Cry me a river. I'm not saying he should be doing that, but he's probably also not going to get in trouble around here for calling an opposing team troll an idiot. Sorry, life's not fair sometimes. If you really want to post on here so bad, deal with the fact that some of the locals won't like you much.

Post football if you want to. Be confident in your team; fine. But if you insist on personal attacks or OU-bashing, you're gone.

OU_Sooners75
12/23/2008, 02:27 PM
see, P3 is fun, not like this assclown supes.

wants to talk football, then when football stats this decade are thrown at him, the only line he reads is the 'ban him' line.

That is how you get trolls to stfu and leave.

Throw facts that they cannot spin.

Have had to deal with it since 2004 when I created a spin off site from espn message boards.

And to really get trolls to go off, I have learned to call them son or junior. They bite every time. And you are not really breaking any rules or attacking them in doing so. :)

cheezyq
12/23/2008, 02:28 PM

What level did you play? Jr. High? High School. Are you a coach now? Apparently you have coaches tape of all Big 12 games and have done an extensive study? No one gives a flying flip about your ANALysis, supes.

You've clearly established yourself as a clueless moron way back when you couldn't comprehend OU75's post about how OU gets up on its opponents early. You confirmed our suspicions when you said that OU didn't face ANY great defenses, and somehow used that as an attack on my "English Comprehension". In another thread you dismissed the TCU defense, yet also used it as an example of how the OU offense was stopped. That just proves that you don't watch any football, and you certainly haven't watched any OU football. You're picking out box scores and making assumptions. Heck, you can't even go check out the play-by-play.

TCU has the #2 defense in the country. TCU held 2 other top 20 offenses to 13 points and 7 points. Oklahoma was up 28-3 at the half against TCU. OU ran a screen play 8 minutes into the 2nd half that went for a TD. From that moment on, OU's gameplan consisted solely of running the ball up the middle, thus the ONLY reason this game was even THAT close.

Your analysis of our defense (with no statistics or facts, just an arrogant dismissal of the Big 12) places the final nail in the coffin that is your intellect. Supes, you are an idiot, plain and simple, and have no business making an argument about anything that relates to football, much less condemning others as ignorant, arrogant, or clueless. Leave now, before I reach through my screen and *****-slap your ***.

OU_Sooners75
12/23/2008, 02:33 PM
Leave now, before I reach through my screen and *****-slap your ***.

Breath cheezy, Breath!

Lower your :hot: and blood pressure. :D

cheezyq
12/23/2008, 02:36 PM
Breath cheezy, Breath!

Lower your :hot: and blood pressure. :D

;)

supes
12/23/2008, 02:44 PM
Let's see, football experience includes playing at the collegiate level and now includes highschool coaching. I'm not going to say I have seen every Big 12 game this season or every OU game this season but I have seen my fair share. Based on MY observations, the defenses in the Big 12 are not what they were a 6 to 12 years ago. The offenses have become the focal point of the Big 12 conference. You can spin it anyway you want but when you have every team in that conference scoring as much as they do, it points to a lack of defense. Now, I'm not saying OU doesn't have some defense. I'm saying it's not spectacular. I believe it will show come Jan. 8. And actually, we will see how the bowl games leading up to that game play out. If the Big 12 wins the majority of the games and the points scored against them are low, so be it. I will be wrong and I will admit to it. I just don't think I am.

o0Dan0o
12/23/2008, 02:47 PM
You have a weak defense to go along with a conference full of weak defenses. You have an offense that is exceptional in a conference where offense is the only thing that matters. Defense is foregone conclusion in the Big 12 and you know it! Why deny this? Why not admit that Florida presents a defensive challenge that OU has not seen and an offense that is pretty prolific in it's own right?

One could argue the opposite if one wished to. One could say Florida has a weak offense in a conference full of weak offenses. And that Florida has a defense that is exceptional in a conference where defense is the only thing that matters. And that offense is a forgone conclusion in the SEC.

I don't think that's entirely true, but in the Big 12 South I think Florida's offense would rank 4th or 5th.
Dan

OU4LIFE
12/23/2008, 02:52 PM
Let's see, football experience includes playing at the collegiate level and now includes highschool coaching. I'm not going to say I have seen every Big 12 game this season or every OU game this season but I have seen my fair share. Based on MY observations, the defenses in the Big 12 are not what they were a 6 to 12 years ago. The offenses have become the focal point of the Big 12 conference. You can spin it anyway you want but when you have every team in that conference scoring as much as they do, it points to a lack of defense. Now, I'm not saying OU doesn't have some defense. I'm saying it's not spectacular. I believe it will show come Jan. 8. And actually, we will see how the bowl games leading up to that game play out. If the Big 12 wins the majority of the games and the points scored against them are low, so be it. I will be wrong and I will admit to it. I just don't think I am.

my bet is after the 8th, we won't see you again.

supes
12/23/2008, 03:04 PM
my bet is after the 8th, we won't see you again.

No, I'll come and cogratulate you on finishing second. :D

SoonerBacker
12/23/2008, 03:05 PM
Do Big XII offenses score a lot because the defenses aren't any good? Or is it because the offenses are just THAT good? Are SEC defenses able to hold opponents to fewer ppg because the offenses aren't that good? Or is it a matter of the defenses being superb?

No one really knows the answer to that question right now. A lack of common opponents and the SEC superiority complex make any effective comparison virtually impossible at this point. We will all find out soon enough.

But for anyone to make this sort of claim: "You have a weak defense to go along with a conference full of weak defenses. You have an offense that is exceptional in a conference where offense is the only thing that matters. Defense is foregone conclusion in the Big 12 and you know it! Why deny this? Why not admit that Florida presents a defensive challenge that OU has not seen and an offense that is pretty prolific in it's own right..." is pretty pathetic in its own right.

Perhaps few here are willing to "admit that Florida presents a defensive challenge that OU has not seen" for the same reason you won't admit that OU will present an OFFENSIVE challenge that Florida has not seen and a defense that is pretty prolifix in its own right.

supes
12/23/2008, 03:11 PM
Do Big XII offenses score a lot because the defenses aren't any good? Or is it because the offenses are just THAT good? Are SEC defenses able to hold opponents to fewer ppg because the offenses aren't that good? Or is it a matter of the defenses being superb?

No one really knows the answer to that question right now. A lack of common opponents and the SEC superiority complex make any effective comparison virtually impossible at this point. We will all find out soon enough.

But for anyone to make this sort of claim: "You have a weak defense to go along with a conference full of weak defenses. You have an offense that is exceptional in a conference where offense is the only thing that matters. Defense is foregone conclusion in the Big 12 and you know it! Why deny this? Why not admit that Florida presents a defensive challenge that OU has not seen and an offense that is pretty prolific in it's own right..." is pretty pathetic in its own right.

Perhaps few here are willing to "admit that Florida presents a defensive challenge that OU has not seen" for the same reason you won't admit that OU will present an OFFENSIVE challenge that Florida has not seen and a defense that is pretty prolifix in its own right.

actually, I did give your offense credit and state that it's something Florida hasn't seen this year. I give your offense all the credit in the world. More points in a season ever. Heisman winning drop back passer, excellent tight end, an o'line that has played well this year and is one of the best in the country. A good stable of running backs that is somewhat diminished with the lack of murray. Overall, it's a very solid offense that can compete with anyone and put up more points than anyone. But, Florida's defense has been very stingy this year. We will see.

BigRedJed
12/23/2008, 03:12 PM
No, I'll come and cogratulate you on finishing second. :D
See? Now that one was clever.

OU_Sooners75
12/23/2008, 03:14 PM

Well we have one thing in common then.

Now then...The Defenses of the Big 12 are just fine...or can you explain the following:

9/27/08:
Texas 52
Arkansas 10
Arkansas did not score a TD until 2:20 left in teh 4th Quarter.
Texas gave up 12 first downs, 191 total yards, 11 of those were rushing. They also forced 2 turnovers.

10/04/08:
Florida 38
Arkansas 7
Arkansas scored with 5:50 left in the 3rd. That score made it 17-7 going into the 4th. Florida gave up 361 total yards, 20 first downs, 141 rushing yards. Florida forced 2 turnovers.

Here is the only game thusfar that a Big 12 team has played a SEC team. Can you explain to me how the Big 12 and their sorry arse defenses allowed just 3 more points than the Godlike Defense from Gainesville?

Now can you also explain how two games by Arkansas are so totally different? I mean if Florida and the SEC has such great defense and the Offense lacks because of that, why is it that Texas totally dominated Arkansas while Florida had to score 21 fourth quarter points to make it look worse than what it was?

Face it Gatorboy, the defenses of the SEC look a lot tougher because the lack of the offense in that conference.

We can look at it this way too...

Look at how good the SEC offenses were against their non-conference opponents! The offenses of the SEC struggled in their non-conference schedules as well. This goes a long way of telling knowledgeable people that the offenses of the SEC suck @$$!

Where as the Big 12 offenses also scored a ton of points in their non-confernece schedules.

OU_Sooners75
12/23/2008, 03:18 PM
actually, I did give your offense credit and state that it's something Florida hasn't seen this year. I give your offense all the credit in the world. More points in a season ever. Heisman winning drop back passer, excellent tight end, an o'line that has played well this year and is one of the best in the country. A good stable of running backs that is somewhat diminished with the lack of murray. Overall, it's a very solid offense that can compete with anyone and put up more points than anyone. But, Florida's defense has been very stingy this year. We will see.

Against an average offense that ranks below 94th in the nation.

OU's defense has been just as stingy. they trail Florida by 1 forced turnover and OU as a team are better than the Gators in turnover margin.

SoonerBacker
12/23/2008, 03:20 PM

Granted, you do give us credit for scoring a lot of points and for all of the other things you outline above. But at the same time, you say that it's just because we play in a conference full of lame-a$$ed defenses. That makes for a rather underhanded compliment, if you ask me.

supes
12/23/2008, 03:30 PM
Well we have one thing in common then.

Now then...The Defenses of the Big 12 are just fine...or can you explain the following:

9/27/08:
Texas 52
Arkansas 10
Arkansas did not score a TD until 2:20 left in teh 4th Quarter.
Texas gave up 12 first downs, 191 total yards, 11 of those were rushing. They also forced 2 turnovers.

10/04/08:
Florida 38
Arkansas 7
Arkansas scored with 5:50 left in the 3rd. That score made it 17-7 going into the 4th. Florida gave up 361 total yards, 20 first downs, 141 rushing yards. Florida forced 2 turnovers.

Here is the only game thusfar that a Big 12 team has played a SEC team. Can you explain to me how the Big 12 and their sorry arse defenses allowed just 3 more points than the Godlike Defense from Gainesville?

Now can you also explain how two games by Arkansas are so totally different? I mean if Florida and the SEC has such great defense and the Offense lacks because of that, why is it that Texas totally dominated Arkansas while Florida had to score 21 fourth quarter points to make it look worse than what it was?

Face it Gatorboy, the defenses of the SEC look a lot tougher because the lack of the offense in that conference.

We can look at it this way too...

Look at how good the SEC offenses were against their non-conference opponents! The offenses of the SEC struggled in their non-conference schedules as well. This goes a long way of telling knowledgeable people that the offenses of the SEC suck @$$!

Where as the Big 12 offenses also scored a ton of points in their non-confernece schedules.

So be it, Texas has a better defense than Florida and OU is going to destroy Florida by a final of 64 -12.

OU4LIFE
12/23/2008, 03:33 PM
Granted, you do give us credit for scoring a lot of points and for all of the other things you outline above. But at the same time, you say that it's just because we play in a conference full of lame-a$$ed defenses. That makes for a rather underhanded compliment, if you ask me.

ding. ding. ding.

FUUF. heh I like that. I may make that my siggy for a few weeks.

FUUF. FU UF.

and for the florida fans: 'eff you, Univ of Fla' FUUF.

I think UF just scored again and the game hasn't even started. They are so fast they pre-scored on us. WE'RE DOOMED.

BigRedJed
12/23/2008, 03:34 PM
You had to do too much explaining for that to be an effective sig.

soonerboomer93
12/23/2008, 03:37 PM

your defense gave up :

The Nebraska game was over 5 minutes into the first quarter

The rest, except Texas and OSU were over by half time

OU4LIFE
12/23/2008, 03:39 PM
You had to do too much explaining for that to be an effective sig.

FUUFUFPOMF

BigRedJed
12/23/2008, 03:39 PM
See? I know how to create an effective sig. Watch and learn, Hairy. Watch and learn.

catsigater
12/23/2008, 03:40 PM
exactly how many timeshas he done the "jump pass". two, maybe three times? in 3 years??? i've never heard so much hype over a fake run and 2 yard pass.

Who's hyping it? :rolleyes:

Now breathe.

OU4LIFE
12/23/2008, 03:41 PM
See? I know how to create an effective sig. Watch and learn, Hairy. Watch and learn.

*taking notes*

OU_Sooners75
12/23/2008, 03:44 PM
So be it, Texas has a better defense than Florida and OU is going to destroy Florida by a final of 64 -12.

Your Reading Comprehension issues are really showing today.

1. Never said Texas had a better defense. I did make a point that stated that the Big 12 does not play bad defense...something you are trying tos ay they do.
2. I never said anything about Oklahoma destroying Florida. I do think and hope that OU wins...but that is natural. Just like you think Florida is going to win.

I am thinking this game will be very good and a fun game to watch. I think OU wins 49-37.

However, unlike you and your fellow Gator trolls, I actually understand the game a little more and can see how and why some aspects of either team has "issues."

Is OU's defense as good as Florida's? No. but they are very comparable when you look at all the stats not just yards and points.

catsigater
12/23/2008, 03:54 PM
LOL...that is what all the bandwagoners say. :P

Say what you want, kid. No bandwagoner sat through every game of an 0-10-1 season.

cheezyq
12/23/2008, 04:15 PM
I did give your offense credit.

No you didn't. You credited our good offense to playing teams that played poor defense.

But, Florida's defense has been very stingy this year.

Very impressive...against the conference with the worst offenses in the country. You gave up 31 to 32nd-ranked Ole Miss, at home, and lost. One wonders what OU will score against that "stingy" defense.

Funny thing about supes, and pretty much any Gator fan here (with the VERY occasional exception), is that they say things like:

"You haven't faced a defense as good as UF"
"You haven't faced a team with our speed"
"You only play good offense against poor defenses"
"The Big 12 plays weak defense"
"The SEC is the greatest conference ever"

Yet, something important is strangely missing from any of their arguments....facts. Let's take supes for example:

"You all are coming up with stats to justify your position. If you go by the stats, your team is going to beat the Colts in the Superbowl. But seriously, do you all really think because your offense has scored so many points against horrible defenses that it's going to score that many against a team so solid in all areas of the game?"

He's openly AGAINST using statistics! I WONDER WHY...

"you are talking about an over-rated Missouri team from the get go. Missouri only has those two players. You are comparing a fleet of sailboats (Missouri)to a fleet of destroyers (Florida)"

:rolleyes: Nope, no facts here, just an arrogant dismissal of a team followed a gross exaggeration of his team's prowess.

"the only reason it is the most prolific offense is because it played the worst defenses. TCU held your team to 35 points. If you don't think Florida has a better defense than TCU, then you are nuts."

Holy supersonic alligator, Batman! A statistic! Oh, wait, it didn't prove anything but the opposite of his argument. Hmm...well, at least there's the irrefutable and impenetrable "if you don't agree with me, you're crazy" defense.

"But to think OU is going to put up 40 or more on UF is a joke. Our defense is very aggressive and exploits a teams weaknesses. We don't have the most sacks in the world but the pressure is enough to make other offenses make mistakes."

LOL, I guess all the OTHER defenses in college football choose to use laid-back scheme aimed at an offenses strengths and that lets teams score all over them. Then he concedes that a statistic doesn't work in his favor, but dismisses it easily by saying that the statistic doesn't matter.

"You also act like Texas is all that much better than Ole Miss. You can't say that either since they don't play each other. I don't think your defense can stop us. Period."

Wait a sec! First of all, he thinks Ole Miss is equal to Texas? What's even funnier is that according to supes' argument here, he CAN'T say that UF is better than OU!...followed by another supremely confident statement devoid of any logic or reason, whatsoever.

"However,what I don't understand is, many of you Sooner fans seem to believe that since Bradford won the Heisman and that you have scored so many points this season that you are going to do the same thing to FLorida."

He admits he doesn't understand basic logic and reasoning.

"I'm not a defensive coordinator so what do I know?"

Wait a second...something is out of place here...

"Luckily, I'm an ex-footballer myself. I have seen your defense. It is nothing spectacular....You have a weak defense to go along with a conference full of weak defenses.

"football experience includes playing at the collegiate level and now includes highschool coaching. I'm not going to say I have seen every Big 12 game this season or every OU game this season but I have seen my fair share. Based on MY observations, the defenses in the Big 12 are not what they were a 6 to 12 years ago."

Hmmm....he claims to be a high school coach, claims to know defense enough to be able to condemn the OU and other Big 12 defenses as being "weak"....yet his previous comment in THIS VERY THREAD completely contradicts everything he just said. Methinks supes is lying about his coaching experience. What do YOU think?

Everything else in this thread from supes I tore apart in my previous post. Supes, you've been completely exposed. You can't even keep your own arguments straight. See, that's the beauty of using statistics and facts in a debate, rather than pure homerist conjecture. Your arguments tend to be harmonious and make sense. They tend to be consistent because you aren't just making things up.

Supes, I apologize. Don't leave. This has been hilarious and fun, for me anyway. Keep posting, since I don't even have to TRY in order to argue with you.

Who's next? I LOVE Gator meat.

The Maestro
12/23/2008, 04:48 PM
Says Rivals, not a bunch of homers (UF or OU). UF has four runners who all average more YPC than Murray, Madu, Brown or Coffey. They are: Harvin, Demps, Rainey and Moody.

Oh God...not the YPC argument again. Why does this always follow me? Especially when I was talking about comparing Bama's running game to ours?

Keep up, people...

cheezyq
12/23/2008, 06:37 PM
....and now that the discussion has turned to using statistics and facts, all the Gator fans scatter from the plains, heading back into the lagoon they call the Swamp. Now I'm up to 4 threads that I've killed by using mere logic and reason.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/23/2008, 06:44 PM
Very impressive...against the conference with the worst offenses in the country.

Psssst, cheezyq. Florida isn't in the BigTenleven. :D

P3 Gator
12/23/2008, 06:46 PM
....and now that the discussion has turned to using statistics and facts, all the Gator fans scatter from the plains, heading back into the lagoon they call the Swamp. Now I'm up to 4 threads that I've killed by using mere logic and reason.

I knew you reminded me of somebody...

Smart Guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUee1WvtQZU)

OU_Sooners75
12/23/2008, 09:05 PM
I found the Gator's guide on how to talk football!

http://www.talkncaasports.com/images/arguingfootball.jpg

cheezyq
12/23/2008, 09:58 PM
I knew you reminded me of somebody...

Smart Guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUee1WvtQZU)

One of my favorite moments in movie history.

P3 Gator
12/23/2008, 10:01 PM
One of my favorite moments in movie history.

You do have redeeming qualities!

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r479/jereed16/happy0054.gif

nutinbutdust
12/23/2008, 10:43 PM
PSSST HEY GATORS, LET ME TELL YOU WHERE YOU SUCK AT SPEED.[/
Go back and watch the Big 12 Championship game. Watch how fast OU hands the ball to the ref and lines up and runs the next play.

Go back and watch the SEC Championship game. Watch how long it takes the gator defense to make substitutions.

Now think about how funny it is going to look when OUr team hikes the ball and the gator defense looks like it has it's thumb up it's butt.

That my friends is where OU is vastly superior in speed.

PS we ran a hundred more plays on offense this year than you did. All this with running the ball up the middle in the second half in most of our games.

PSS Call me homer and I will go back to lurking.

P3 Gator
12/23/2008, 10:59 PM
Go back and watch the Big 12 Championship game. Watch how fast OU hands the ball to the ref and lines up and runs the next play.

Go back and watch the SEC Championship game. Watch how long it takes the gator defense to make substitutions.

Now think about how funny it is going to look when OUr team hikes the ball and the gator defense looks like it has it's thumb up it's butt.

PS we ran a hundred more plays on offense this year than you did. All this with running the ball up the middle in the second half in most of our games.

Hi Homer. Anyway, that is a concern. It is going to be very interesting to see the dynamic between the OU no huddle and the spread where guys line up at back, slot receiver, wide out, etc. That's what makes this one of the better match-ups in a few years. Thank goodness there's no pOSU.

L-Boy
12/23/2008, 11:03 PM

Good point. The speed at which you shuttle up to the line of scrimmage is much more important than the actual playing speed. The Gators may as well just lay down when the Sooners run up to the line. Also, clearly, 5 weeks is insufficient time to prepare for this. I fully expect Meyer and co to be totally shocked by this huddle to snap speed. They will never see it coming.

nutinbutdust
12/23/2008, 11:16 PM
Hi Homer. Anyway, that is a concern. It is going to be very interesting to see the dynamic between the OU no huddle and the spread where guys line up at back, slot receiver, wide out, etc. That's what makes this one of the better match-ups in a few years. Thank goodness there's no pOSU.

I think it will be interesting too. I think your defense relies on substitutions to stay fresh. I think you will never see an offense that runs plays at OUr tempo. I truly believe that this screws with defenses.

Piware
12/24/2008, 01:10 AM
We have seen more than one shell-shocked looking defense this year. Even other Big 12 teams that were expecting it got rattled. Yeah, yeah, I know it is that shabby defense we play out here.

Bottm line, there is not much a team can do to prepare for it.

OU_Sooners75
12/27/2008, 12:19 PM
Good point. The speed at which you shuttle up to the line of scrimmage is much more important than the actual playing speed. The Gators may as well just lay down when the Sooners run up to the line. Also, clearly, 5 weeks is insufficient time to prepare for this. I fully expect Meyer and co to be totally shocked by this huddle to snap speed. They will never see it coming.

It has nothing to do with preparation. It has all to do with execution. And trust me, when your defenders are winded and want subs to come in, OU will go without subbing. That is the beauty of OU's offense. They can run multiple formations with the same personel in the game.
If OU does not sub, they can keep Florida from subbing by snapping the ball and getting an illegal substituion infraction if UF tries to sub. Leading to 5 yards every time.

You cannot prepare for that.

BoomerSoonerGoOU
12/27/2008, 04:10 PM

http://neatorama.cachefly.net/images/2008-01/shipment-of-fail.jpg

OU4LIFE
12/29/2008, 08:02 AM
Doomed I tell you.....DOOMED.

Just cover us with dirt already.

We should save face and not even go. Plane trouble. yeah...that's it.