PDA

View Full Version : Just got a steal of a deal

Soonermagik
12/22/2008, 11:52 PM
Got two tickets from a neighbor 40 yard line 10 rows up for $400 for 2 tickets!!!! :) :)

I just booked my trip through expedia and I will be there for NC#8.:D :D

Rhino
12/23/2008, 12:30 AM
That's a fantastic deal.

Bought two tickets for $600 and got them in my hands today. Booked our trip at halftime of the CCG.

tigepilot
12/23/2008, 12:43 AM
A friend aquired some tickets on the 50 and offered me to join him at no cost. :)

Of course I said yes!!!

Didn't bother asking how far up they are and it doesn't matter to me.

Will be there looking for number 8 as well.

VA Sooner
12/23/2008, 12:46 AM
Damn... wish I didn't have to work.

tigepilot
12/23/2008, 01:13 AM
Damn... wish I didn't have to work.

I was supposed to as well but my boss is somewhat of a college football fan so he was cool about it. Was a little nervous about how he'd react though because he's more of a longhorn fan than anything else (not hard core though). I took him to the Texas vs Tech game and he said before the game that if Tech won, OU would be going to the national title game and was rather sure of it. I guess not all longhorns have blinders on.

RedstickSooner
12/23/2008, 01:22 AM
I was supposed to as well but my boss is somewhat of a college football fan so he was cool about it. Was a little nervous about how he'd react though because he's more of a longhorn fan than anything else (not hard core though). I took him to the Texas vs Tech game and he said before the game that if Tech won, OU would be going to the national title game and was rather sure of it. I guess not all longhorns have blinders on.

Okay, I have no idea why I'm defending whorns in any way, but I just wanted to disagree mildly with you here -- I think, honestly, most of 'em thought same as your boss. If we won, we were in. Heck, I think that's why they were so pissed, so early... They knew it was coming, and as we all know, anticipation of something unpleasant makes it *way* lamer than if it's a surprise :)

tigepilot
12/23/2008, 01:36 AM
Living in Texas I talk to longhorn fans all the time. What I think they knew was that a loss to Tech would take them out of the title hunt because it was too late in the season but I don't think most of them thought enough about it to realize it was going to be OU that would get the nod until OU came out ahead of them in the Coach's poll the next day and tv personalities started mentioning the possibility.

FlaGators
12/23/2008, 09:52 AM
Soonermagik....

Not bad at all. :cool:

Hopefully....regardless the outcome of the game. You enjoy yourself and have quite a bit of fun. :pop:

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr260/memphisbelle8501/ncf_oklahoma_florida_412.jpg

SteelCitySooner
12/23/2008, 10:11 AM
I got y'all beat. Got 2 tickets (for the wife and I) free from a business partner. Only thing is he got tickets too and we got to sit next to 'em.. But he's a Miami fan, so he'll be pullin for OU. :)