PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan and India are on the verge of war

Jerk
12/22/2008, 09:14 PM
I don't have any good sources to back this up, but there are rumors of red alerts, high alerts, etc, but nothing has happened yet.

If they nuke each other, this will be the official thread.

reevie
12/22/2008, 09:24 PM
Maybe India can do us a favor and hit OBL with a nuke.

OUHOMER
12/22/2008, 09:30 PM
You think it will be before Jan 8th?

OUinFLA
12/22/2008, 09:30 PM
Ok, time to chose sides.

I'm taking India, cause I don't know how I would deal with not having a place to call with all my credit card and technical questions.

olevetonahill
12/22/2008, 09:33 PM
Ok, time to chose sides.

I'm taking India, cause I don't know how I would deal with not having a place to call with all my credit card and technical questions.

Beat me to it :D

royalfan5
12/22/2008, 09:43 PM
So basically it's every day since 1947? Except for the periods where they where actually at war?

soonerscuba
12/22/2008, 09:46 PM
It would serve Pakistan well to clear their cookies and restart before they get on the phone with "Edward".

swardboy
12/22/2008, 09:48 PM
From whence are these rumors of wars forthcoming?

soonerinabilene
12/22/2008, 09:50 PM
Ok, time to chose sides.

Yeah, but India has never faced a country with the speed of Pakistan. Oh, sorry, been on the football board too much.

OUinFLA
12/22/2008, 09:51 PM
Daily Times linky (http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2008%5C12%5C21%5Cstory_21-12-2008_pg1_6)

Harry Beanbag
12/22/2008, 09:58 PM
I don't blame India. Wars have been fought over far less than those Mumbai attacks.

Personally, I think it would be nice if another country stood up to terror instead of cowering down like a dog...or Spain.

StoopTroup
12/22/2008, 09:58 PM
Maybe it will end up in a tie.

http://www.webelements.com/shop/shopimages/products/normal/tie-007.jpg

reevie
12/22/2008, 10:03 PM
Maybe it will end up in a tie.

http://www.webelements.com/shop/shopimages/products/normal/tie-007.jpg

Will we get to listen to Mack Brown whine for two weeks about how the Horns should be participating in this?

Jerk
12/22/2008, 10:33 PM
This is one of my 'not good' sources because I don't know where it came from:

IAF plans to hit targets in 24 hours
Source: SPECIAL REPORT submitted 4 hours 32 minutes ago

Meanwhile, the ex-Army Chief of Pakistan General (R) Aslam Baig has said that US General Mullen is pressing our authorities to allow India to hit certain targets, keeping silent and indifferent to the situation as they have been doing in case of US attacks, which he believes, will cool down India and diffuse tensions between the two countries.
I don’t think that conscientious Pakistani nation and brave armed forces of Pakistan will accept such a situation. This will be shameful and render Pakistan submission to India,” the retired General said. While talking to the Nawa-i-Waqt/The Nation.
He further said that the nation would lose its confidence in their government and the armed forces for ever and the nation would stand no where, should such a situation prevailed. He called upon the rulers to explain their position in this regard.
He said that the US was after ridiculing the sovereignty of Pakistan only to please India and Mullen had come with a dangerous message.
“We are ten times more powerful than in 1965 and twenty times stronger than we were in 1971,” the General said.

Curly Bill
12/22/2008, 10:42 PM
I'm pulling for India:

Hindu > Muslim

Jerk
12/22/2008, 10:45 PM
wtf?

StoopTroup
12/22/2008, 10:46 PM
As if things weren't expensive enough in the rug business. :D

http://www.aminisgalleria.com/ (http://www.aminisgalleria.com/)

A Sooner in Texas
12/22/2008, 11:07 PM
Tebow needs to go lay his hands on the leaders of both countries. He'll need to be there until Jan. 9 at least.
No national championship, but he'd be a shoo-in for the Nobel Peace Prize.

OUinFLA
12/22/2008, 11:14 PM
“We are ten times more powerful than in 1965 and twenty times stronger than we were in 1971,” the General said.

Im sure this makes sense..........but....

does powerful = nukes?
and stronger = troops?

otherwise, Im confused

Poli Sci
12/22/2008, 11:46 PM
Pakistan is just another battle in the worldwide war against radical Islam. From the south Pacific to Europe and everywhere in between Muslims are fighting with their neighbors. Let's just pray that President elect B O does the right thing and supports the Indians.

The problem with Pakistan is that they are almost a failed state. Normally that wouldn't matter but two factors make this situation critical. 1. They are a nuclear power and 2. They are Muslim. Add those to factors together and it spells trouble. B O's policy of putting more pressure on Pakistan by putting more American troops across their border could be just as harmful as India gonig to war with them.

Long story short, Pakistan will be the epi-center of something extremely dangerous, to world security, within the next year or so. Its almost a guranteed thing. For those of you who haven't watched it yet, I suggest check out the Frontline episdoe The War Briefing. Here is a link...
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/warbriefing/

OUinFLA
12/22/2008, 11:59 PM
Well, why not?
I needed something more depressing than UF's speed to think about.

afs
12/23/2008, 09:20 AM
I can tell you that for anyone/country that currently has a vested interest in Afghanistan, India v Pakistan does not need to occur right now. Let us get out of there first, then they can duke it out.

That being said what did we do when attacked w/ terrorism? Bomb'd the living **** out of another country...

1890MilesToNorman
12/23/2008, 09:32 AM
If this happens the tech support industry around the world is going to take a hit! Seems every company I call routes me through India first.

No big loss.

soonerscuba
12/23/2008, 12:10 PM
Remember when people on this board jumped all over Obama for suggesting that he might circumvent Pakistani authority in regards to terrorism? Good times.

Saying that Muslim=bad, is a gross oversimplification and generally a lazy response to the problem at hand. Pakistan is Iran in reverse in which a large segment of the population is more radical than the gov't (as opposed to a large moderate population with a radical gov't) and a destabilizing move, such as a war with India is a very, very bad idea. My personal belief is that India and Pakistan both have a much more to lose than gain with a war.

Poli Sci
12/23/2008, 12:41 PM
Remember when people on this board jumped all over Obama for suggesting that he might circumvent Pakistani authority in regards to terrorism? Good times.

Saying that Muslim=bad, is a gross oversimplification and generally a lazy response to the problem at hand. Pakistan is Iran in reverse in which a large segment of the population is more radical than the gov't (as opposed to a large moderate population with a radical gov't) and a destabilizing move, such as a war with India is a very, very bad idea. My personal belief is that India and Pakistan both have a much more to lose than gain with a war.

It's not over simplifying the issue by pointing out that radical Islam plays a huge role in this. If you look at the radicalizing factors with the population in Pakistan, it is Islam. If you look at the radicalizing factors within the Iranian govenrment, it is Islam. What else is making these segments radical, and a threat to the world? You can't say its the USA because even without us, Muslims would still be fighting with their more moderate neighbors or governments.

Lets looks at what happened in India over Thanksgiving. Radical Muslims murdered hundreds of innocent people in Mumbai. By saying that the issue is not religious is just plainly nieve. Until Islam has some sort of an Enlightenment, this will be a world wide issue. Diplomacy will not work, just look at the history of Shi'ism. Deception is key to their survival. We have to point out the issue, which is Islam.

yermom
12/23/2008, 01:10 PM
radical Muslims != Islam

the idea that the population of Pakistan being less moderate than the government is pretty darn scary. of course, i've had the feeling that they were just kinda paying us lip service anyway. they can't really afford to **** us off out in the open...

soonerscuba
12/23/2008, 01:28 PM
It's not over simplifying the issue by pointing out that radical Islam plays a huge role in this. If you look at the radicalizing factors with the population in Pakistan, it is Islam. If you look at the radicalizing factors within the Iranian govenrment, it is Islam. What else is making these segments radical, and a threat to the world? You can't say its the USA because even without us, Muslims would still be fighting with their more moderate neighbors or governments.

Lets looks at what happened in India over Thanksgiving. Radical Muslims murdered hundreds of innocent people in Mumbai. By saying that the issue is not religious is just plainly nieve. Until Islam has some sort of an Enlightenment, this will be a world wide issue. Diplomacy will not work, just look at the history of Shi'ism. Deception is key to their survival. We have to point out the issue, which is Islam.No, this is simply wrong. The radicalizing factor in the India-Pakistani conflict is Jammu and Kashmir, if you don't know or believe this, I really don't know what to tell you. You have a bias against Islam, which is fine if that is your prerogative, but to attribute it as a mitigating factor to something that it is not is lazy. For example, if I said Judaism is the reason why the IDF has killed thousands of civilians, it would sound ridiculous. A border dispute is at the heart of all of this, Islam is smoke and mirrors for a larger cause, I think that India probably realizes this.

This isn't to downplay Islam's role in other sorts of terrorism, but I personally believe that it's pretty much SOP for military and paramilitary operations in India revolves around Kashmir and separatist groups. India might be the most radically diverse ethnic and religious populations on earth, throw in colonialism and a 3-country border dispute and it's amazing the country is even in the shape it's in today.

Harry Beanbag
12/23/2008, 05:19 PM
...Islam is smoke and mirrors for a larger cause...

Islam is smoke and mirrors even in regards to the terrorism that is committed in its name. The guys doing the actual terrorizing are puppets being controlled by their handlers, who are doing so for the oldest reasons in the book: power, money, and control. Islam is the cover which they hide behind. JMHO of course.

If India starting **** over Mumbai will help towards other countries controlling what happens within their own borders, meaning stamping out the Islamofascist movement before it spills over to other nations so you don't get your *** invaded, then that can't be bad thing.

SoonerProphet
12/24/2008, 09:29 AM
Islam is smoke and mirrors even in regards to the terrorism that is committed in its name. The guys doing the actual terrorizing are puppets being controlled by their handlers, who are doing so for the oldest reasons in the book: power, money, and control. Islam is the cover which they hide behind. JMHO of course.

Yeah, I don't think the fellas that run/have run ISI have any real zeal for Islam. It is leverage in Kashmir that has always played a factor in who the Pakistani military decides to arm and support...doubt Islam has to much to do with it. Same with the tribal areas, it is the wild west there and again, Islam does not have to much to do with it.

Chuck Bao
12/24/2008, 03:59 PM
I agree with the three posts above.

We can see a similar situtation with the separatist movement in the four southernmost provinces of Thailand.

We can debate all day about the motives of the puppet masters, such as control of the illegal smuggling between Thailand and Malaysia which I think is the case in this issue.

The fact is, however, that people of the muslim faith in these areas are allowing their faith to be hijacked by the puppet masters. They are not bombing the border brothels. Instead, they are bombing city hall, the shopping malls and train stations. They are cutting off the heads of buddhist villagers in an attempt at social/religious cleansing.

This is not a diatribe against the muslim faith. I respect people of all faiths and convictions. Tolerance and leading people to a particular faith by example of good works...well that works much better for me. Clear separation of chuch and state will give the religion a fair chance to prove itself. Intolerance and the imposition of muslim law gives the puppet masters their strings.

The muslim faith has to have leaders who say this violence and killing people...well, it's wrong.