PDA

View Full Version : Serious question. Will God take Tim Tebows

adoniijahsooner
12/22/2008, 07:14 PM
side in this game? He is a missionary, has a beautiful girlfriend, has not lost a game since he emptied his soul after the ole miss loss, and has won the admiration of millions. His brother was asked by one of the espn analysts if Tebow has ever done anything wrong, and the brother said never; statements like these causes me major concern. Sam Bradford thanked God after he won the heisman, but he has never cut the foreskin off of a filipino child, or doesn't wear eye paint with scripture on it. There is a scripture that say's "If God be for you, who can be against you?". Well. if that is the case, we sooners are in big trouble, "For who has resisted His will?" I spent my whole life thinking that the Christian's reward is in heaven, but Tim Tebow is slowly melting away at that theory, because the world is his oyster. Forgive me sooners, for I am becoming a believer. The vision of him being covered in blood during the FSU game is burning in my soul, and i see him every night with arms outstretched beckoning me to stop my blasphemies. :eek:

catsigater
12/22/2008, 07:16 PM
God sometimes allows his followers to suffer defeat. It's good for the soul.

Curly Bill
12/22/2008, 07:28 PM
It would certainly by good for my soul for Tebow to experience defeat.

Sooner1979
12/22/2008, 07:46 PM
side in this game? He is a missionary, has a beautiful girlfriend, has not lost a game since he emptied his soul after the ole miss loss, and has won the admiration of millions. His brother was asked by one of the espn analysts if Tebow has ever done anything wrong, and the brother said never; statements like these causes me major concern. Sam Bradford thanked God after he won the heisman, but he has never cut the foreskin off of a filipino child, or doesn't wear eye paint with scripture on it. There is a scripture that say's "If God be for you, who can be against you?". Well. if that is the case, we sooners are in big trouble, "For who has resisted His will?" I spent my whole life thinking that the Christian's reward is in heaven, but Tim Tebow is slowly melting away at that theory, because the world is his oyster. Forgive me sooners, for I am becoming a believer. The vision of him being covered in blood during the FSU game is burning in my soul, and i see him every night with arms outstretched beckoning me to stop my blasphemies. :eek:

For give me Lord, but that was not blood covering Tebow in the Florida State game...That was Seminole war paint from the field...

As much as Florida would have liked to believe that was blood covering Tebow, it wasn't...The Good Lord does not cover his blessed football player with a stigmata during an in state rivalry...

OUAlumni1990
12/22/2008, 07:58 PM
He already has too many trophies (including his girlfriend). He's got to give one up Sooner or later.:D

RedstickSooner
12/22/2008, 08:18 PM
Since God has already chosen sides, maybe it's time we sacrifice some goats and paint a few pentagrams. Y'know, just to be on the safe side.

Dan Thompson
12/22/2008, 08:44 PM
Have already painted my doorway with goats blood, so we are safe.

A Sooner in Texas
12/22/2008, 08:48 PM
I thought Tebow WAS God????

(hiding from the lightning bolt)

cvsooner
12/22/2008, 08:48 PM
Both sides in the Civil War KNEW God was on their side. Just keep that in mind.

adoniijahsooner
12/22/2008, 08:51 PM
I may have found something that proves he is not perfect.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7OC0YbG2fek/SDE4kCmUjsI/AAAAAAAAF6Q/JRsf9r92JTo/s400/tebow_daniel.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7OC0YbG2fek/SDE4kSmUjtI/AAAAAAAAF6Y/vo6IH42UJu4/s400/tebow_daniel_2.jpg

Dan Thompson
12/22/2008, 09:17 PM
That looks like a couple of guys from Laguna Beach.

oupride
12/22/2008, 09:33 PM
Tebow?

tennsooner
12/22/2008, 10:01 PM
I feel Tebow is the very reason Florida will go down. Nothing like a player trying to do too much to drag his team down. This game isn't business as usual for him, this is about him.

SoonerLB
12/22/2008, 10:09 PM
"This game isn't business as usual for him, this is about him."

He is all important you know. Just ask him, he'll tell ya.

SoonerLB
12/22/2008, 10:11 PM
Ya know, him and Booger do make a lovely couple. Just sayin' ......

Soonerfan88
12/22/2008, 10:59 PM
Does Colt know about this? Or was the Tebow affair over before Booger got hooked on Colt's fine a**?

Crucifax Autumn
12/22/2008, 11:26 PM
God's on the side of the poor, the meek, & the downtrodden too.

...and it hasn't helped them much in the last 2000 years.

Okla-homey
12/22/2008, 11:32 PM
I know this, Indian folks all over America are awful proud of Sammy. I suspect there will be some serious medicine being made to help him.

Crucifax Autumn
12/22/2008, 11:45 PM
Sounds good to me.

Toronto Sooner
12/22/2008, 11:48 PM
"God so loved the world that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him might not perish, but have everlasting life."

That was Jesus that God originally sacrificed to save us all.

Since then, Jesus has gotten a little brother. His name is Tim Tebow.

During the period that Jesus made His sacrifice (2000 years ago), life was confined to only earth (and no space explorations existed). However, we are now exploring other planets and other galaxies. As such, Jesus has decided to let his little brother, Tebow, provide the extra planetary coverage. Jesus has decided that God should let Tim Tebow make the sacrifice for any life that may be discovered on other planets in the future, while Jesus continue to look out for us earth people.

As a result, God has agreed to turn the other way and allow Tim Tebow to be sacrificed to the Romans come January 8, 2009, for the benefit of life on other planets. G. McCoy, A. Taylor, F. Alexander, A. English, J. Beal, T. Lewis, Q. Carter, L. Holmes, N. Harris, among others, will be the Roman Soldiers present on duty on that day.

Soonermagik
12/22/2008, 11:50 PM
I've heard Tebow walks on water and can turn water into wine.

Wishboned
12/22/2008, 11:58 PM
During practice one day God told Tebow to tap a rock so the Gatorade would flow, and nourish the chosen team.

Tebow hesitated, and then God told Tebow he could see the promised land, but never enter.

OUAlumni1990
12/23/2008, 12:03 AM
Judging from the looks of tebows girlfriend, God may not be happy with Tebow right now. Even the Pope would have trouble fighting off that temptation. just sayin'

Toronto Sooner
12/23/2008, 12:37 AM
I find it really odd how for thousands of years people hadn't noticed Tebow's name being written into some of the 10 commandments - absolutely shocking! For example:

Commandment #1) "I am the LORD your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of slavery. You shall have no other gods before Me..., except for Tim Tebow."

Commandment #2) "Do not make an image or any likeness of what is in the heavens above..., except if it is of Tim Tebow, or if Tim Tebow demands that his image be bestowed on a 2nd Heisman trophy, rather than being stolen from him (The Almighty Tebow)."

Commandment #7) "Do not commit adultery, unless Tim Tebow says to get jiggy with it."

Commandment #9) "Do not bear false witness against your neighbor, unless Tim Tebow's team is involved, in which case it's perfectly alright to spread false rumours about a starting safety (from the opposing team) failing to achieve educational standards before a big game."