PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City....

SteelClip49
12/22/2008, 09:38 AM
Is awesome!!!! Of course, i bet many of you already knew that. This was my 5th time there but first time to actually enjoy some the nightlife. Friend and I were there from Friday to Sunday. Went to the Country Club Plaza along Ward Parkway...beautiful up there and would be nice living there. We ate at the Plaza III Steakhouse which is the 3rd best steakhouse in the USA according to some Zagat survey- dinner came out to be $146. Saturday we went to Olathe and passed by an Oklahoma Joe's BBQ place which looked good but passed that up for a pizza place called Spin! which was heaven. Then we went back toward the Plaza and hit up the Westport District and went to a few bars and McCoy's was the best. They have their own brews, great food, damn good banana pie...man it was great and I thought McConnell's was great.

The highlight of the trip, moreso for my friend because he is a Dolphins fan, was indeed seeing the Chiefs/Dolphins game from the 48 yard line, row ONE right behind the Dolphins bench. I thought the OU/MU game 2 weeks ago was bitter cold....oh I sure had a rude awakening. Insulated boots, 4 pairs of socks, underwear, boxers, Under Armour tight-fit pants, 3 pairs of sweat pants, pair of jeans, 3 shirts, Under Armour tight-fit shirt, 3 regular shirts, 3 sweaters, 3 jackets, a facemask by UA and my OU eskimo-like cap and after all that.... could not feel the toes midway through the 4th even with those crappy heating pads. Got some high-fives from Ted Ginn Jr. and the Bonghorn himself Ricky Williams.

But yeah...basically I freakin love Kansas City.

StoopTroup
12/22/2008, 09:42 AM
R6dm9rN6oTs

Jimminy Crimson
12/22/2008, 05:09 PM
http://mail2.someecards.com/filestorage/sea_48.jpg

soonervegas
12/22/2008, 05:57 PM
Kansas City owns any other Big 12 Championship destination. I get very angry when people say they do not want the title game there. My rankings would be:

Kansas City
(gap)
San Antonio
Dallas
(huge gap)
Houston

StoopTroup
12/22/2008, 05:58 PM
BTW....it's in Dallas next year.

yermom
12/22/2008, 07:09 PM
Arlington, right?

Jimminy Crimson
12/22/2008, 07:19 PM
Arlington, right?

For the next two years, I believe.

NYC Poke
12/22/2008, 07:27 PM
Everything's up to date in Kansas City
They've gone about as fer as they can go

I can't believe I wasted my 1,000th post on that. Effin' hillbillies.

Flagstaffsooner
12/22/2008, 07:42 PM

I can't believe I wasted my 1,000th post on that. Effin' hillbillies.You dont have to worry about going there.

StoopTroup
12/22/2008, 09:43 PM
Arlington, right?

That is kind of funny...

If they would move the RRSO there too...we would have actually moved it out of Dallas finally. :D

Thanks for the idea. :D ;)

SoonerJack
12/22/2008, 10:56 PM
two mistakes

Spin pizza is lame compared to Oklahoma Joes BBQ.

You may have been wearing too many pair of socks.

Come see us again sometime.

JohnnyMack
12/22/2008, 11:14 PM
You dont have to wory about gonig there.

:)

Soonerfan88
12/22/2008, 11:23 PM
Eh, it's all right. Every city has places like that, it's just exciting because they are new to you. After a while, it becomes common and you are bored again.

OKC-SLC
12/23/2008, 12:10 AM
Oklahoma Joes is the best BBQ I've had evar. Better than Bryants and Gates, by a fair margin in my opinion.

KC//CRIMSON
12/23/2008, 12:24 AM
Fiorella's Jack Stack

wide margin

Oklahoma Joes

everyone else.

LoyalFan
12/23/2008, 03:05 AM

I can't believe I wasted my 1,000th post on that. Effin' hillbillies.

Yeah, but fer fifty cents yew kin see a dandy showwwwww.

LoyalFan
12/23/2008, 03:15 AM
Oh, wot the heck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avnsUdme9Y0

It ain't Gene Nelson in the movie but it ain't bad.

OKC-SLC
12/23/2008, 09:04 AM
Fiorella's Jack Stack

wide margin

Oklahoma Joes

everyone else.

When I ate Fiorella's i was disappointed. Perhaps too much expectation. I should try them again.

bluedogok
12/23/2008, 10:19 AM
Jack Stack by Union Station is the place that I always go to when I am up there.

SteelClip49
12/23/2008, 11:18 AM
I wonder what property value is like along Ward Parkway around the Plaza District? I am sure it's a mouthful but I could live there and never be bored considering there is so much crap to do as opposed to Oklahoma City and Tulsa.

We thought about Oklahoma Joe's but since we went to the Plaza III Steakhouse the night before and spent $145 we wanted to try something different. Too many good decisions, especially over on the Kansas side toward Olathe where we were at. And FTR...Jack Stack is way better than Smokehouse, imo.

I can't wait to go back up for whatever it is. My friend and I may just make it a tradition to go up there again. I was more impressed with Kansas City as a whole than I was with Dallas, St. Louis and yes...Los Angeles.

soonervegas
12/23/2008, 12:20 PM
I think the 1st 2 rounds of the NCAA tourney are there this year. With the way OU is playing.....

ShawneeKSooner
12/23/2008, 03:19 PM
I grew up in Oklahoma. Moved to Kansas City in 1991. I've had several chances to move but didn't. The winter's are a little long but still a great place to live and to rise a family. The new Power & Light Dist. is a great addition to downtown Kansas City. Long over due!!