PDA

View Full Version : We're playing Florida A&M?

RacerX
12/21/2008, 10:47 PM
I saw a guy at Epcot wearing a blue/orange "Beat Oklahoma" shirt.

ratedrsuperstar
12/21/2008, 11:31 PM
Florida A&M is a Black college program in Tallahassee. Their mascot is the Rattlers and their colors are green and orange !

RacerX
12/21/2008, 11:51 PM
Florida A&M is a Black college program in Tallahassee. Their mascot is the Rattlers and their colors are green and orange !

You DON'T get it.

TopDawg
12/21/2008, 11:51 PM
There are more than a few "Beat Florida" shirts floating around Norman.

RacerX
12/21/2008, 11:55 PM
There are more than a few "Beat Florida" shirts floating around Norman.

That makes me sad.

TopDawg
12/21/2008, 11:58 PM
Me too.

First I saw a group on facebook called "I want a Beat Florida shirt."

Then I saw the booth where they had them. There was a REALLY long line.

OUstud
12/22/2008, 12:01 AM
I don't see why that's a bad thing. I didn't see any Beat Boise State or WVU shirts, and now we're in a MNC game against a favored opponent...

8timechamps
12/22/2008, 12:03 AM

You don't have a clue, do you?

TopDawg
12/22/2008, 12:06 AM
I just always assume that by wearing my "OKLAHOMA FOOTBALL" shirt, it's understood that I want them to beat whichever opponent is next. That way I don't have to buy a different shirt each week.

Maybe if the trend is toward more action-oriented shirts, we could just go with a "WIN OKLAHOMA" shirt.

SoonerMom2
12/22/2008, 12:30 AM

Ask yourself where the Agriculture and Vet programs are in the Florida system and you will have the answer to We're playing Florida A&M? Hint -- agriculture is not at Florida State!

badger
12/22/2008, 06:06 AM
Perhaps you should have just come out and said "AGGY!" over and over instead of trying to be all clever and creative?

Here, let me modify your post...

AGGY ALERT! I saw an AGGY guy at AGGY Epcot doing the most AGGY thing - wearing a blue/orange "Beat Oklahoma" AGGY shirt. How AGGY!

olevetonahill
12/22/2008, 07:13 AM
You DON'T get it.

Why you think Hes Red ? ;)

SeaCay
12/22/2008, 08:25 AM
Ooops:

Best Colleges School Comparison

University of Oklahoma / University of Florida

Year founded: 1890 / 1853
Total number of undergraduates: 20,915 / 35,189
Website http://www.ou.edu / http://www.ufl.edu
Overall score: 38 / 56
Tier 1 / 1
U.S. News rank: 108 / 49
City: Norman / Gainesville

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/college/compare/items+1535+3184

olevetonahill
12/22/2008, 08:36 AM
Ooops:

Best Colleges School Comparison

University of Oklahoma / University of Florida

Year founded: 1890 / 1853
Total number of undergraduates: 20,915 / 35,189
Website http://www.ou.edu / http://www.ufl.edu
Overall score: 38 / 56
Tier 1 / 1
U.S. News rank: 108 / 49
City: Norman / Gainesville

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/college/compare/items+1535+3184

Aint you the Dude that was On the Swampgas forum Running Us down because we Had Tradition ?:confused: :D :P

SeaCay
12/22/2008, 08:54 AM
Aint you the Dude that was On the Swampgas forum Running Us down because we Had Tradition ?:confused: :D :P

Nope. But I will rag on your school for it's lack of academic rigor.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/94/opinions_college08_Americas-Best-Colleges_Rank.html

University of Florida: 167

University of Oklahoma: 380

380? 380?? 380??? Are you freakin kidding me?

SeaCay
12/22/2008, 09:02 AM
Our medical school trumps yours too:

50 UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
GAINESVILLE FLORIDA 225 $81,787,097
76 UNIVERSITY OF OKLAHOMA COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
OKLAHOMA CITY OKLAHOMA 81 $36,472,342

http://www.residentphysician.com/Medicalschool_rankings.htm

You pudknockers had enough yet?

SeaCay
12/22/2008, 09:04 AM
Oh, those numbers to the right of the medical school rankings are awards given to the school, and the $$$ figure associated with those awards. We damn near tripled you on those, didn't we???

olevetonahill
12/22/2008, 09:04 AM
Nope. But I will rag on your school for it's lack of academic rigor.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/94/opinions_college08_Americas-Best-Colleges_Rank.html

University of Florida: 167

University of Oklahoma: 380

380? 380?? 380??? Are you freakin kidding me?

I do Believe I was right :rolleyes:
http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/showthread.php?p=2766973#post2766973

olevetonahill
12/22/2008, 09:06 AM
Oh, those numbers to the right of the medical school rankings are awards given to the school, and the $$$ figure associated with those awards. We damn near tripled you on those, didn't we???

Yall are so ****ing allsome I hang My head in shame :rolleyes:

SeaCay
12/22/2008, 09:10 AM
Engineering rankings have UF #35, and OU #...

Wait a sec, there's some kind of problem here.

Hmmmmm.

Nope, can't find a ranking for OU.

Zilch.

http://www.graduateshotline.com/ranks/

SeaCay
12/22/2008, 09:13 AM
Why don't you close this thread (or better yet, delete it) in order to avoid further embarassment and shame.

olevetonahill
12/22/2008, 09:13 AM
Engineering rankings have UF #35, and OU #...

Wait a sec, there's some kind of problem here.

Hmmmmm.

Nope, can't find a ranking for OU.

Zilch.

http://www.graduateshotline.com/ranks/

Dude . **** you :rolleyes:

SeaCay
12/22/2008, 09:17 AM
Ahhhh, the response of the uneducated.

You DID matriculate at UO, right?

BTW: Your school is the University of Oklahoma, right? Why the O > U then? Is dislexia an admission requirement in Norman?

olevetonahill
12/22/2008, 09:19 AM
Ahhhh, the response of the uneducated.

You DID matriculate at UO, right?

BTW: Your school is the University of Oklahoma, right? Why the O > U then? Is dislexia an admission requirement in Norman?

Most REAL gators dont have a Mouth as Big as yours :rolleyes:

SoonersEnFuego
12/22/2008, 09:21 AM

I don't see what this has to do with the game, but...

Oh well, when we break your players' legs, you'll be able to mend them. Better safe than sorry.

SeaCay
12/22/2008, 09:24 AM
Most REAL gators dont have a Mouth as Big as yours :rolleyes:

You need a tissue?

SeaCay
12/22/2008, 09:29 AM
I don't see what this has to do with the game, but...

Oh well, when we break your players' legs, you'll be able to mend them. Better safe than sorry.

Ask the OP. Seems as if there's a few sooners that think because UF has a vet and agricultural program (amongst many other aggy pursuits), that we's just a bunch of dumb hicks.

Well we can put that notion to bed now, can't we?

(BTW, tOSU tried the same crap 2 years ago. They failed too).

olevetonahill
12/22/2008, 09:43 AM
Ask the OP. Seems as if there's a few sooners that think because UF has a vet and agricultural program (amongst many other aggy pursuits), that we's just a bunch of dumb hicks.

Skool smack aint got a dayum thing to do with Game .
If I thot you had any Honor Id make a bet with you on the Game .

BudSooner
12/22/2008, 10:46 AM

We are not in the Big10/11/9, insert coin, try again.

TopDawg
12/22/2008, 11:10 AM
Hey SeaCay,

Thanks for edukatin all us hicks. Now sit tight while I explain a few things:

The reason RacerX called it Aggie is because by wearing a "Beat Oklahoma" shirt, that fan was taking the attention off of his own team and putting it on another team. Around here, schools like OSU and A&M (Aggie schools) are known for doing that. Unfortunately, some of our own fans partake in that kind of behavior too.

We're called OU despite our school being named The University of Oklahoma because all of the Big Eight schools decided to make the change years ago. That's why University of Nebraska is NU, University of Colorado is CU, University of Kansas is KU, University of Missouri is MU...but University of Texas is UT.

Congrats on all of Florida's great academic rankings...truly something to be proud of. It's just too bad they haven't helped you develop very good critical thinking or research skills.

olevetonahill
12/22/2008, 11:14 AM
What ^ said :P

SoonersEnFuego
12/22/2008, 11:21 AM

Dumb hicks can make it though school too if they try hard enough. Vets are not always the smartest people. Good try though, Aggie.
Now shut up and give my dog a shot, bitch!

C&CDean
12/22/2008, 11:25 AM
Yo, Seagay. You're rapidly wearing out what little welcome you had. Yes we know, FU is the be all, end all of all things in the universe. We're not worthy, blah blah blah. If you don't believe me, just ask you.

That being said, y'all still can't suck our hind tit unless we kick OSU off of it.:stunned:

Tread lightly little gator...

Sooner_Havok
12/22/2008, 11:29 AM
Does Florida have a School of Meteorology? I know FSU and Miami do, but I can't seem to find anything about University of Florida SoM. Interesting...

TopDawg
12/22/2008, 11:43 AM
Havok, you're missing the point. The issue here isn't how our College of Whatever matches up against their College of Whatever...both institutions are quality schools and each has some very strong academic areas.

The point here is that despite Florida's academic rigor, and despite the fact that several people on here had commented on what RacerX meant when he hinted at "Aggie", SeaCay was still unable to pick up on it, thinking it was a knock against their school's reputation.

Then he asked the ever-so-clever (and entirely original) question about OU vs. UO. It's a question with an answer that is quite easily found with a little research (which someone associate with such a prestigious institution should be able to conduct) leaving us to decide whether SeaCay has very poor research skills or very poor smack-talking skills. Or both.

ClintonSooner
12/22/2008, 12:01 PM
SeaCay, my new pup needs all shots, wormed, vaccs, oh while your at it wipe his *** and I'll give you your 898th award or w.e...

meoveryouxinfinity
wait wait! who had that list...
It went something like this......

Trolling other fans:
1. Resort to your team's strength, ignoring all other factors of the game. Ex: We have so much ______ (speed/strength/ football smarts) that we will beat you based on our superiority in that department!

2. Talk about the past. Ex: It doesn't matter if we win or lose because we have ___ of National Championships and _____ team is just a page in our history book.

3. If you DON'T have the same kind of tradition, talk about your conference's success. Ex: The ____ conference sucks! We have combined for the last ___ National Championships. We have ___ of the most successful programs ever! We play these teams every year!

4. Talk about how much academically better your school is. Ex: LAWLS. If you DID actually graduate from ___, your degree isn't worth much more than the paper it was printed on. Did you know ___ has a better... MUCH better Medical school? <insert link> Your Engineering school is a joke compared to ours, which ranks __ nationally! <insert link> Yes, I would like fries with that!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sooner_Havok
Havok, you're missing the point. The issue here isn't how our College of Whatever matches up against their College of Whatever...both institutions are quality schools and each has some very strong academic areas.

The point here is that despite Florida's academic rigor, and despite the fact that several people on here had commented on what RacerX meant when he hinted at "Aggie", SeaCay was still unable to pick up on it, thinking it was a knock against their school's reputation.

Then he asked the ever-so-clever (and entirely original) question about OU vs. UO. It's a question with an answer that is quite easily found with a little research (which someone associate with such a prestigious institution should be able to conduct) leaving us to decide whether SeaCay has very poor research skills or very poor smack-talking skills. Or both.

Nah, I got it, I was just trying to be a prick to the guy. Honestly, I am just waiting for one of Florida's finest to say something about tornadoes and trailer parks. I got some good ones for that.

Come on, you know I am never one to stay above the fray.
:D

TopDawg
12/22/2008, 12:07 PM
Fair enough. I just find it more fun to pick on HIM than to pick on the school he cheers for. :D

Lott's Bandana
12/22/2008, 12:10 PM
SeaCay

Can't even spell right.

Lott's Bandana
12/22/2008, 12:19 PM

A little more about FAMU:

They are a true aggy school. When I was teaching there, I once saw a head of collard greens the size of a VW Beetle...I **** you not!

Their Pharmacy school is well-respected, their student body is incredibly intelligent, fun and in many ways, pwns their big ugly brother across the railroad tracks.

Their marching band, The Marching 100, is the highlight of any FAMU football game and is quite famous.

2007 Super Bowl:

rHjnoB-a-HY

Being a faculty member there was one of most rewarding and fun times in my life.

OUstudent4life
12/22/2008, 12:34 PM

You know what the last-ranked person from the Med School class here at OU is called when they graduate?

Doctor.

Same as anyone at your school.

Try to remember that when you're serving him or her their order of fries.

;)

Funny, the people from Florida's Med School that I've met on the interview trail have all been super classy, congratulated Sam on his awards, and have been pretty cool to talk to about the game and football and basketball in general...ah, the joys of the internet.

Sooner_Havok
12/22/2008, 12:37 PM
Fair enough. I just find it more fun to pick on HIM than to pick on the school he cheers for. :D

I can see that. But the way I see it, his identity seems to be so wrapped up in the school he cheers for, since he is trying to prove that UF is sooooo much better than OU in every regard, that picking on his precious little school seems to be the best line of attack.

I may be an OU alum, and I may love me some OU football, but OU is not who I am.

TopDawg
12/22/2008, 01:01 PM
Well clearly he's just leaving too much material for us to work with.

Sooner_Havok
12/22/2008, 01:07 PM
Well clearly he's just leaving too much material for us to work with.

clearly :D

HiFiGator
12/22/2008, 01:21 PM
You guys are a bunch of twits. What in the hell is wrong with an appropriately timed "Beat ____!" shirt/button etc? Now I do get slightly irritated when fans of other schools jump on an inappropriate bandwagon. For instance, if FSU fans start wearing Sooner stuff or something. Another thing we really frown on is transferring interest. Every once in a while, a Tennessee fan for instance might say "Roll Tide," if Alabama had beaten us for example. I find that totally unacceptable. Bama and Tennessee hate each other. Similarly, I, as a Gator fan can't say anything about Auburn beating Georgia, whenever that happens.

In any case, Beat Oklahoma! is entirely acceptable for a Gator fan to wear right now.

Lott's Bandana
12/22/2008, 01:40 PM
You guys are a bunch of twits. What in the hell is wrong with an appropriately timed "Beat ____!" shirt/button etc? Now I do get slightly irritated when fans of other schools jump on an inappropriate bandwagon. For instance, if FSU fans start wearing Sooner stuff or something. Another thing we really frown on is transferring interest. Every once in a while, a Tennessee fan for instance might say "Roll Tide," if Alabama had beaten us for example. I find that totally unacceptable. Bama and Tennessee hate each other. Similarly, I, as a Gator fan can't say anything about Auburn beating Georgia, whenever that happens.

In any case, Beat Oklahoma! is entirely acceptable for a Gator fan to wear right now.

Come on HiFi...

Firstly, this is our board and we have certain traditions here that you are welcome to learn and therefore appreciate. We don't expect you to get that we don't mention certain game names, certain games...we don't unanimously embrace certain hand gestures and always look upon our little adopted brothers with disdain.

Secondly, you berate us for trashing someone for their ill-advised promotion of the enemy school, then immediately list your own set of qualifiers for belittlement. "Roll Tide?" Again, are your pet-peeves better than ours?

If you get nothing from your visit this month other that this, please get this:

For the most part you will find, we truly don't care about other school's anything, whether it is our conference or another conference or in the case of that talent and money black hole in nowhere Indiana...no conference. Everyone around us is jealous and envious when they should just simply respect the fact that, when it comes to college football, there is only one:

Oklahoma

fadada1
12/22/2008, 01:43 PM
my guess is SeaCay didn't actually attend UF - i know, shocker. for someone the recognizes the high standards of UF, he/she/it clearly hasn't stepped foot on UF's campus - except to clean out the crappers or make burrito's at the union food court. definitely no classes in this lad's past, present, or future.

academic smack? seriously? is that the best you can do?

at least be creative - maybe say someting about how UF's french fry sculpture is cooler than the spoonholder. oh wait, the french fries have no tradition associated with it - never mind.

and i spent 2 years at UF... never figured this one out. apparently some grad level art project gone horribly wrong:

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9237/rockum1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

look at me, this tard has me slamming one of my own alma maters!!!!!

Lott's Bandana
12/22/2008, 01:50 PM
my guess is SeaCay didn't actually attend UF - i know, shocker. for someone the recognizes the high standards of UF, he/she/it clearly hasn't stepped foot on UF's campus - except to clean out the crappers or make burrito's at the union food court. definitely no classes in this lad's past, present, or future.

at least be creative - maybe say someting about how UF's french fry sculpture is cooler than the spoonholder. oh wait, the french fries have no tradition associated with it - never mind.

and i spent 2 years at UF... never figured this one out. apparently some grad level art project gone horribly wrong:

Isn't this in front of the Dental School? Someone told me that it was given to UF by the dental hygenist class of '72 and is a collection of all the plaque removed from their patients during their senior year.

I could be wrong.

Sooner_Havok
12/22/2008, 01:51 PM

Do you think Florida is a great school? One of the elite dynasties of college football?

Then, why in the hell would you ever wear anything that took away from your school's accomplishments, and instead focused on the other school.

"Beat Oklahoma", why not, "Go Gators" or "University of Florida, soon to be home of 3 national titles"

Why focus on your opponents? Here in Oklahoma, the only schools that do that are aggy like osu & TAMU. They define themselves not by who they are and what they have done, but rather on who they are not and what they wish would happen.

We are OU, home of 7 national titles, 42 conference titles, 5 Heisman winners, 47 game winning streak, and 144 All Americans. We let that speak for itself. Saying that we want to beat our opponents is not necessary, it is always understood that we want, no, expect our team to beat whatever team we are going up against. No need to print up shirts on that one. If you see anyone wearing an OU shirt, go ahead and assume they want OU to beat UF. If on the other hand, I see people wearing Florida gear but not wearing a shirt saying "Beat Oklahoma" I will go ahead and assume that they either want OU to win, or think that OU will win. kthxbai

fadada1
12/22/2008, 01:56 PM
Isn't this in front of the Dental School? Someone told me that it was given to UF by the dental hygenist class of '72 and is a collection of all the plaque removed from their patients during their senior year.

I could be wrong.

heh.

it's turlington hall. dale hall equivalent.

TopDawg
12/22/2008, 02:01 PM
a collection of all the plaque removed from their patients during their senior year.

Well if so, it should have a some sort of an inscribed commemorative tablet, perhaps of metal, placed on it saying that's what it is.

Dio
12/22/2008, 02:06 PM

You obviously didn't get the "SEC!" memo...

soonerboomer93
12/22/2008, 02:12 PM
I just always assume that by wearing my "OKLAHOMA FOOTBALL" shirt, it's understood that I want them to beat whichever opponent is next. That way I don't have to buy a different shirt each week.

Maybe if the trend is toward more action-oriented shirts, we could just go with a "WIN OKLAHOMA" shirt.

how about a "beat random opponent" shirt?

fadada1
12/22/2008, 02:15 PM
the famous french fries:

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/1149/fries2ei9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/fries2ei9.jpg/1/w325.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img523/fries2ei9.jpg/1/)

have we ever had "Sculpture Smack" on soonerfans??????

soonerboomer93
12/22/2008, 02:17 PM

i left one of those in the toilet this morning...

If i had known it was valuable to gators

TopDawg
12/22/2008, 02:36 PM
the famous french fries:

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/1149/fries2ei9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/fries2ei9.jpg/1/w325.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img523/fries2ei9.jpg/1/)

have we ever had "Sculpture Smack" on soonerfans??????

I'd like to see them try to beat this one:

http://www.talewins.com/oklahoma/manbeast.jpg

ratedrsuperstar
12/22/2008, 02:44 PM
Ask yourself where the Agriculture and Vet programs are in the Florida system and you will have the answer to We're playing Florida A&M? Hint -- agriculture is not at Florida State!

I didn't say Florida State, I said Florida A&M. Both Schools are in Tallahassee.

Here's a link to help you out.

http://www.famu.edu/

jumperstop
12/22/2008, 02:48 PM
Personally I see nothing wrong with a "Beat Flordia" or "Beat Oklahoma" shirt. All you guys are over reacting. "Ohh, that's too aggy". Dumb...Has nothing to do with the game. It's a fun shirt that some people like to wear. I'm an OU fan, but if you're going to dis on someone for wearing a "Beat Oklahoma" shirt, then you have to talk crap about all those upside down whorn shirts and hats. Equally as "aggy".

SoonersEnFuego
12/22/2008, 03:18 PM
Personally I see nothing wrong with a "Beat Flordia" or "Beat Oklahoma" shirt. All you guys are over reacting. "Ohh, that's too aggy". Dumb...Has nothing to do with the game. It's a fun shirt that some people like to wear. I'm an OU fan, but if you're going to dis on someone for wearing a "Beat Oklahoma" shirt, then you have to talk crap about all those upside down whorn shirts and hats. Equally as "aggy".

That is done on here daily, noob.

fadada1
12/22/2008, 03:35 PM
I'd like to see them try to beat this one:

http://www.talewins.com/oklahoma/manbeast.jpg

what, in the holy hell, is THAT?????

please tell me that thing isn't on OU's campus. probably right next to the devil horse.

SoonersEnFuego
12/22/2008, 03:43 PM
Yes, it's very close to the devil horse.

HiFiGator
12/22/2008, 03:51 PM
We can agree to disagree on this one. I still stand by my position that there is nothing wrong with wearing a "Beat _____!" shirt/button etc...

TopDawg
12/22/2008, 04:35 PM
what, in the holy hell, is THAT?????

please tell me that thing isn't on OU's campus. probably right next to the devil horse.

hahaha...yep...the building you see is an addition to the Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art, so it's very close to the devil horse.

TopDawg
12/22/2008, 04:36 PM
We can agree to disagree on this one. I still stand by my position that there is nothing wrong with wearing a "Beat _____!" shirt/button etc...

You're right...there's nothing inherently wrong with being aggie. It's just undesirable for most of us.

SoonersEnFuego
12/22/2008, 04:44 PM
Also, what are you going to do with that shirt after you lose? Just give me the $20 or so and I'll kick you in the nuts and we'll call it a day!

SeaCay
12/22/2008, 07:56 PM

LOL tard. You went to UF and you ate burritos at the student union? No wonder you flunked out, err moved on to UO, REAL Gators would never consider any burrito unless it was made by Burrito Brothers.

OK2LA
12/22/2008, 08:33 PM
REAL Gators would never consider any burrito unless it was made by Burrito Brothers.

That proves it. Fadada didn't go to Florida.

I think he was actually talking about your job

Gatorader
12/22/2008, 08:52 PM
-First, you guys tried to insinuate that because somebody saw a Gator fan wearing a beat Oklahoma shirt that we are a bunch of dumb "aggys". Great correlation.

-Then when seacay ruined you guys, you'll tried to back-off of it. In attempt to change the subject, you'll proceeded to try and rip our on campus statues. The grad students art statue that "fadada1" posted was temporary, and no longer on campus. However, you guys continued you're self-implosion by showing us you'll clearly hold the title for the most hideous statue on campus.

-Lastly, you'll concluded the thread with a pseudo UF Alum, who now calls himself a sooner, talking about how he ate burritos at the UF student union. Thats embarrassing.

okiewaker
12/22/2008, 09:04 PM
-First, you guys tried to insinuate that because somebody saw a Gator fan wearing a beat Oklahoma shirt that we are a bunch of dumb "aggys". Great correlation.

-Then when seacay ruined you guys, you'll tried to back-off of it. In attempt to change the subject, you'll proceeded to try and rip our on campus statues. The grad students art statue that "fadada1" posted was temporary, and no longer on campus. However, you guys continued you're self-implosion by showing us you'll clearly hold the title for the most hideous statue on campus.

-Lastly, you'll concluded the thread with a pseudo UF Alum, who now calls himself a sooner, talking about how he ate burritos at the UF student union. Thats embarrassing.

Yep! and all of it done within the confines of this board. This is an OU board, what would you expect?

SeaCay
12/22/2008, 09:07 PM
Yep! and all of it done withing the confines of this board. This is an OU board, what would you expect?

Integrity would be nice.

bluedogok
12/22/2008, 09:29 PM
I'm an OU fan, but if you're going to dis on someone for wearing a "Beat Oklahoma" shirt, then you have to talk crap about all those upside down whorn shirts and hats. Equally as "aggy".
The stupid thing about that is UT gets money from all those Whorn logos no matter which direction they are pointing....so they could really care less as long as they get their money...and they have a large legal group whose job is to do nothing more than go after people using the logo/names without paying. They have sued a few businesses here in Austin out of existence because their name/logo was too close to their trademarked items.

I really can't wait for the game to be over with so all you swamp rats will crawl back into the muck. I've never seen a more annoying bunch of fans (with very few exceptions) and that is saying a quite a bit since I live in the middle of all these damn Whorns. :mad:

SeaCay
12/22/2008, 09:30 PM
Let's see:

OP:
I saw a guy at Epcot wearing a blue/orange "Beat Oklahoma" shirt.

First reply:

UO response 1:
You DON'T get it.

uo response 2:
You don't have a clue, do you?

UO response 3 (and where we learn the true meaning behind the aggy smack):

The beat down then ensued, courtesy of yours truly, until the UO faithful had to rely on Gay smack, "**** you" smack, and finally deflection/misdirection smack.

Game, set, match. UO = pwned.

(It really would be a good time to close this thread now, I have the Google all fired up, just waiting to launch a fresh salvo of UO beatdown).

okiewaker
12/22/2008, 09:33 PM
Integrity would be nice.

There's plenty of integrity, it's hard to see through jaded eyes.

Cam
12/22/2008, 09:35 PM
The use of UO instead of OU only cements the thoughts of the original poster. Say whatever you want, but you're doing nothing more than proving the point.

SeaCay
12/22/2008, 09:45 PM
The use of UO instead of OU only cements the thoughts of the original poster. Say whatever you want, but you're doing nothing more than proving the point.

The original point by the OP as defined by whom? How many times have you UO types tried to redefine the point to suit your (next) misguided argument?

UO smack is just that, smack from your next opponent. Do you guys really think it should be any other way? Would it be nearly as fun if it were?

Cam
12/22/2008, 09:50 PM
And, Racer's right, you don't get it. You continue to prove that with each post.

You actually took the bait much quicker than our own in-state aggies. Pretty amazing actually. I know it's not the overall UF fanbase, but wow.

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/22/2008, 09:50 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/77wOrih-RAA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/77wOrih-RAA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/22/2008, 09:52 PM
The original point by the OP as defined by whom? How many times have you UO types tried to redefine the point to suit your (next) misguided argument?

UO smack is just that, smack from your next opponent. Do you guys really think it should be any other way? Would it be nearly as fun if it were?

heh I like this troll...he is pretty

GG84
12/22/2008, 09:56 PM
No sense in arguing SeaCay, u no these hear Sooner folks can't reed nun to gud.

(P.S. UF hands out free "Beat [Team]" shirts during the week to students. Does that make UF cool or uncool?)

Cam
12/22/2008, 10:07 PM

I'm not redefining anything. I'm simply bringing the thread back to where it started.

So the use of UO is your version of smack? Or, was it the academic smack on a football board? Either way, I rest my case.

Good luck to ya on the 8th, hope there are no injuries. Since I've yet to see a single post where you talked anything about the actual game, I'll put ya on ignore. Wasted too much bandwidth on this discussion already.

Gatorader
12/22/2008, 10:18 PM
hahahahahah I thought the story behind the sculpture might make it seem a little better. To my surprise, the story only makes it a hundred times worse.

Yep! and all of it done within the confines of this board. This is an OU board, what would you expect?

I would expect an OU board not to self-implode on itself just because a few gators hopped on and presented some facts.....

SeaCay
12/22/2008, 10:43 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/77wOrih-RAA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/77wOrih-RAA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha.

Priceless.

steele2121
12/22/2008, 10:48 PM
I think some of you need to educated about the differences of Florida A&M and University of Florida just like the differences between OU and OSU

okiewaker
12/22/2008, 10:53 PM
this is as bad as I have ever read. It is apparent that aggies of the SEC are worse than the LSU fan.

steele2121
12/22/2008, 10:53 PM
Just like the differences between the BIG12 and the SEC. The Big 12 quaterbacks completion percentages are 68% and above. That's because the play the weakest zone coverage in the country

okiewaker
12/22/2008, 11:01 PM
Bob told all the D's in the B12 to lay down so Sam could win the H. Paleeeeeze. Face it, the SEC has ZERO O's, making the hapless D's look good. :pop:

PhiDeltBeers
12/22/2008, 11:02 PM
Why you think Hes Red ? ;)

Because he's not a member of the Posse.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/22/2008, 11:09 PM
Is dislexia an admission requirement in Norman?

I see my fellow Sooners are more subtle than I, but you're not, so I'll just go ahead and say it.

That would be dyslexia, Einstein.

bluedogok
12/22/2008, 11:14 PM
Is dislexia an admission requirement in Norman?

I see my fellow Sooners are more subtle than I, but you're not, so I'll just go ahead and say it.

You'll have to excuse that Florida education.......

SicEmBaylor
12/22/2008, 11:17 PM
Folks, I'm a Baylor fan and even I hate the "Beat *insert opponent here*" shirts.

I also hate commemorative win shirts -- even when the win is against Aggie.

SeaCay
12/22/2008, 11:32 PM

Spellin errors are perfectly acuptable here.

They give you street cred.

(Irony = lost on you).

PhiDeltBeers
12/22/2008, 11:40 PM
People, leave poor Seacay alone. He does NOT get it. Nor will he ever get it. I almost feel bad for him/her. Whatever it is SeaGay.

PhiDeltBeers
12/22/2008, 11:44 PM

(Irony = lost on you).

Ohh hahaha. You mispelled some words...I get it! You're so clever lil guy.

:pop:

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/22/2008, 11:49 PM

(Irony = lost on you).

He goes for the save! He reaches! Ooooh, what an effort! so close...but he can't hold onto the ball.

'Cuz U no whut? If u wuz reely triing to mayck funn of us dum Okees an r dislexia an spellin an such u wooda mispeled mor then 1 wurd...jes lyk u jes did abuv

thancks fer playin tho, heeer's sum luvlee partin jifs

:rolleyes:

SeaCay
12/23/2008, 12:11 AM
People, leave poor Seacay alone. He does NOT get it. Nor will he ever get it. I almost feel bad for him/her. Whatever it is SeaGay.

Oh, trust me, I get it alright:

1. Change the rules when you're being beaten down like a crimson headed step child.
2. Act like a UO poster never stated that the gag was because UF has a vet and Agricultural curriculum.
3. Run away initially when the academic reports come rolling in, revealing a very unfavorable ruling for the home team.
4. Use terms like SeaGay, "**** you", etc, when you're intellectually vacant.
5. Threaten to ban said thread champion for making sense on a UO forum.
6. Post pic and videos of absolutely horrid "sculpture" on UO campus, complete with laughable commentary.

What's not to "get"?

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/23/2008, 12:18 AM
Umm let me try breaking this down for you. We have a team that calls themselves our rivals. Now we got fancy names for them likes Poke St., Puke St, Oklahoma A&M, OsU, Boone St., Boone Pickens St., and so forth. Whenever Oklahoma St. does anything of merit or potential merit...they make tons of t-shirts. The poster not knowing anything much about your school (I seriously doubt they researched your curriculam and degree programs before making a joke) sees a shirt that says "Beat Oklahoma" Which to us is Aggyish. You could have very easily have come on here and been like "Oh we make those shirts for every opponent we play and give them to students free." Then we could have been like, well we understand, no college student has EVER turned down a free t-shirt(except NAMBLA shirts)

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/23/2008, 12:26 AM

3. Run away initially when the academic reports come rolling in, revealing a very unfavorable ruling for the home team.

What's not to "get"?

Umm, the fact that the engineering, medical etc. students most likely won't be playing come Jan 8?

PS. Sorry to bring this up, but that would be "all right," Einstein.

http://www.usu.edu/journalism/faculty/sweeney/resources/ap.htm

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/alright.html

even...shudder...wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Common_grammatical_errors

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/23/2008, 12:27 AM
Some Genius from Florida ;)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V8ndctwAJmU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V8ndctwAJmU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SeaCay
12/23/2008, 12:52 AM
Umm, the fact that the engineering, medical etc. students most likely won't be playing come Jan 8?

You don't say?

Pray tell, why did your UO poster bring up Vet and Agricultural curriculae if there was not a disparaging thought behind the post?

Also. The happenings of 1/08/09 may bring a tremendous amount of joy to the winning team's fan base for a period of time. However, the academic achievements of the student body, and alumni of the University of Florida will follow them in their respective careers forever. What you can never change is the fact that the parchment from Gainesville has significantly greater prestige than the same document from Norman.

We also play a little football...

8timechamps
12/23/2008, 01:01 AM
Thanks for checking out Soonerfans.com SeaCay. We hope you enjoyed what little time you spent here. You'll be gone tomorrow.

Not that you would ever have come back after we beat the **** out of your little team.

And you're right, you do "also play a little football". The key word being little

VA Sooner
12/23/2008, 01:01 AM
SeaCay... I question your existence here. Do you have a purpose? This thread is a waste of our time. Come back when you can add something intelligent to the conversation. Do something with your education instead of posting how well others have done before you at your school... or are you just riding their coat tails. Only an insecure person would post stats like you have... compensating for something?

I've had much better posts and responses from your fellow Gator fans and in fact I welcome the change of pace. It will be a very good game... no doubt that Florida has some incredible athletes. And their fans have been for the most part fun and interesting to interact with on this board.

You on the other hand... go find some more stats to boost your miserable confidence into thinking you may make something of your life with your diploma from U of F.

Wishboned
12/23/2008, 01:04 AM
Some Genius from Florida ;)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V8ndctwAJmU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V8ndctwAJmU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That's what happens when you question the speed of the Gators.

Crucifax Autumn
12/23/2008, 03:16 AM

I saw one of those at my local adult bookstore. Right down to that tickler thing.

OU4LIFE
12/23/2008, 09:12 AM
I have the Google all fired up, just waiting to launch a fresh salvo of UO beatdown).

good, why don't you use it to launch a salvo regarding your bowl game record.....

PhiDeltBeers
12/23/2008, 09:17 AM

1. Change the rules when you're being beaten down like a crimson headed step child.
2. Act like a UO poster never stated that the gag was because UF has a vet and Agricultural curriculum.
4. Use terms like SeaGay, "**** you", etc, when you're intellectually vacant.
5. Threaten to ban said thread champion for making sense on a UO forum.
6. Post pic and videos of absolutely horrid "sculpture" on UO campus, complete with laughable commentary.

What's not to "get"?

It's truly unbelievable how much of a fool you're making of yourself. If you don't understand our inside jokes on this forum, don't come over here looking like a jackass. You STILL don't get the joke!!!! Now that's funny!

delhalew
12/23/2008, 11:19 AM
Has this tool been banned yet. I just wanted to do a happy dance. It never occured to me how much hate would fill my soul when someone insisted on using UO instead of the proper OU. How do you come to visit a board and show NO respect at all. Amazing.

supes
12/23/2008, 11:44 AM
Wow, 6 pages out of a "Beat Oklahoma" shirt. For the record, I have no personal opinion as to how a fan wants to display his/her team pride.

PhiDeltBeers
12/23/2008, 11:44 AM
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5673/nerdgn5.th.jpg (http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nerdgn5.jpg)

We found "the real" Seacay.

TopDawg
12/23/2008, 03:08 PM
SeaCay is right about one thing...an OU poster also missed the point of the thread. However (unless I've missed it), that OU poster didn't come back claiming, despite all evidence to the contrary, that they did not miss the point of the thread. It was pretty clear that the point wasn't about having ag programs by the time SeaCay posted.

All the while he's claiming that WE are changing the subject and that WE are the ones getting owned in this discussion. It leads me to wonder how good the logic classes are at Florida.

And I think most Sooners will openly admit that we win the contest against most schools when it comes to most unbelievable statue on campus. If it helps you feel better about yourself or your school that you don't have a statue as weird as ours, then hooray for you. I'll continue to laugh at our own statue without it affecting my love or pride for my institution.

In the meantime, since you're so hung up on rankings and since this is a football forum, I'll just remind you that we're #1 in the BCS and you're not. The good news for you is that you'll have a chance to beat us on the field in a few weeks. The bad news is that even if Florida wins, you'll still be a...how far can I go without being banned?

And...even if you win...Florida will still be ranked well behind us in the (apparently) all important rankings of greatest football programs of all time. If you'd like to talk more smack about our tier 1 institution vs. your tier 1 institution, then please proceed to the Academics board.

TopDawg
12/23/2008, 03:25 PM
To put it another way, SeaCay, nobody's trying to say Florida's not a good school or that they don't have nice statues. But there's no doubt that OU is a great school with nice statues too. Our engineering program might not match up to yours, but...as pointed out earlier...we have other programs that outclass some of Florida's. And while we may have an uglier statue than any on your campus...I'll take this collection of nice statues over anything you've got:

http://www.lakeeufaulanews.com/images/100_1758.jpg http://www.lakeeufaulanews.com/images/100_1752.jpg
http://www.lakeeufaulanews.com/images/100_1759.jpghttp://www.lakeeufaulanews.com/images/100_1760.jpg

And I'm excited about the one we're about to add.

OU4LIFE
12/23/2008, 03:37 PM
To put it another way, SeaCay, nobody's trying to say Florida's not a good school or that they don't have nice statues. But there's no doubt that OU is a great school with nice statues too. Our engineering program might not match up to yours, but...as pointed out earlier...we have other programs that outclass some of Florida's. And while we may have an uglier statue than any on your campus...I'll take this collection of nice statues over anything you've got:

http://www.lakeeufaulanews.com/images/100_1758.jpg http://www.lakeeufaulanews.com/images/100_1752.jpg
http://www.lakeeufaulanews.com/images/100_1759.jpghttp://www.lakeeufaulanews.com/images/100_1760.jpg

Well played, sir. Well played.

HiFiGator
12/23/2008, 05:10 PM

I'd like to stand up and defend my fellow Gators, but sometimes I just can't. Suffice it to say that SeaCay, isn't exactly a stellar representative of the Gator Nation. But in fairness, it's still better to be an imperfect Gator than any sort of Sooner. No offense ...

SoonerBacker
12/23/2008, 05:22 PM
Nope. We've GOT offense! Even Gator fans recognize that fact. ;)

And I'd sooner be an alum of the school with the 4 Heisman statues (soon to be 5) and 7 MNCs (soon to be 8). :D Silly gators......

PhiDeltBeers
12/23/2008, 05:35 PM
Whatever happened to ol' Seacay???

steele2121
12/23/2008, 11:43 PM
Sorry to come in late on the whatever you want to call but why would uo have such a horrendous statue? Is this what UO women look like during mating season? Get it Boy, Get it Boy

Clobby
12/24/2008, 12:06 AM
Just for the record, for you Florida fans and the OU ones who might not know, that "horrible" Sphinx was created by Fernando Botero who is not only known around the world for his works and has exhibits at UC Berkeley, in Tokyo, Quebec, and Athens among others, but has been dubbed the greatest Latin American artist/sculpter of all time. For the OU to receive the Sphinx from him is amazing. Whether or not you think it's ugly, that thing may be worth more than anything in Gainesville.

http://www.boterosa.org/index.html -- for reference

Anyway, if the Poinsettia Bowl was any indication of the NC game, I'd have far greater concerns than this statue, Flawda fans.

meoveryouxinfinity
12/24/2008, 12:18 AM
Just for the record, for you Florida fans and the OU ones who might not know, that "horrible" Sphinx was created by Fernando Botero who is not only known around the world for his works and has exhibits at UC Berkeley, in Tokyo, Quebec, and Athens among others, but has been dubbed the greatest Latin American artist/sculpter of all time. For the OU to receive the Sphinx from him is amazing. Whether or not you think it's ugly, that thing may be worth more than anything in Gainesville.

http://www.boterosa.org/index.html -- for reference

Anyway, if the Poinsettia Bowl was any indication of the NC game, I'd have far greater concerns than this statue, Flawda fans.

Why did he have to give us his ugly one?

steele2121
12/24/2008, 12:48 AM
when did a bowl game played in December and called the poinsettia bowl dictate the outcome of NC game. What a poor analogy to compare the 2or is this some way to make you sleep better at night. As far as what you call the sphinx, there is no way that we would want such an sculpture no matter who the artist was

SoonerBacker
12/24/2008, 12:54 AM
First of all, no one said that it would dictate anything! (Isn't reading comprehension required in FL?) The comment was that "IF the outcome was any indication...." Maybe if you'd been around here over the last few days and understood the context of this comment, you wouldn't be asking this question. But since you are a Gator fan, you probably would anyway..........

sooneron
12/24/2008, 01:28 AM
This board reeks of swamp PWT.
It's time to flush. Ooh wait, let me pick the programs that OU has ranked higher than the mighty Ted Bundys. :rolleyes:

First off: you Fla fags wouldn't know a good burrito if it ****ed you up the *** and took you to Armani for shopping the next day.

ps. Armani is a fancy store that doesn't carry cut offs or jorts.

steele2121
12/24/2008, 08:06 AM
Hey, you made the comment and now your crying because someone challanged the great soonerbacker.Why would (using your word indicate)the caliber of the poinsettia bowl have anything to do with the NC. It takes anidiot tomake a stupid comparison like that. hahahaha

PhiDeltBeers
12/24/2008, 08:54 AM
Not real sure, but I think ol' steele clepped out of grammar 101. Thanks for adding more trash to all the trash your lil boyfriend SeaCay already left here.

SoonerBacker
12/24/2008, 09:20 AM
Hey, you made the comment and now your crying because someone challanged the great soonerbacker.Why would (using your word indicate)the caliber of the poinsettia bowl have anything to do with the NC. It takes anidiot tomake a stupid comparison like that. hahahaha

No one challenged me, pondscum!

1.) I did not make the original assertion that the Poinsettia Bowl was an indicator of the outcome of the MNC. Go back and do your research before you start shooting off your mouth. I simply explained that if you had taken the time to do a little R-E-S-E-A-R-C-H you could have figured out the answer to your dip@#*! question without ever having to cludder up OUr board with your ignorance. If you're too freakin lazy to do that, then perhaps you should look in the mirror for the idiot you keep refering to. I'm sure as hell not going to explain it to you when it's been discussed ad nauseum on other threads!

2.) You might want to watch calling other people idiots when you are prone to improper grammar, a frequent failure to hit the space bar, and an inability to remember who posts what. It doesn't do much for your claim that others are idiots when you come across looking like one, yourself.

3.)If you're going to come to SF, remember that you are a guest and try to conduct yourself accordingly. There have been a FEW Gator fans who have visited this site and have managed to conduct themselves with a modicum of decorum. (ie, HiFiGator & P3Gator), but so far, your behavior here is beneath contempt. In short, do us all a favor and crawl back into that muck and vermin infested home you call a swamp......

PhiDeltBeers
12/24/2008, 09:58 AM
^^^^ What he said.

Bourbon St Sooner
12/24/2008, 11:37 AM
However, the academic achievements of the student body, and alumni of the University of Florida will follow them in their respective careers forever. What you can never change is the fact that the parchment from Gainesville has significantly greater prestige than the same document from Norman.

All I know is that the Fortune 500 company I work for recruits at OU and not florida. But keep telling yourself that.

Bourbon St Sooner
12/24/2008, 11:42 AM
Oh and only aggy calls us UO, further proving the original point of the thread. Feel free to use other favorites of theirs like "gooners" and "zero U".

At least whorn fans, who also like to bring academic smack, come up with some more interesting monickers like paperclip and land thieves.

Gatorader
12/25/2008, 08:54 AM
You'll kicked off seacay because he was dominating you guys too hard. Now lets see how long it takes you to kick me off......

-It's funny how quickly you'll fell back on your "sooner message board defense mechanism" after you had been sufficiently wrecked by the opposition. The fact is that "aggy" carries negative connotations and thats why racerx made the thread in the first place. So we responded and you'll decided to get your panties all in a bunch. Well done.

*sooner message board defense mechanism* - claim its an inside joke and that we don't get it (i.e. what kids did in grade school to try and make others feel like outsiders or uncool lol)

-Posters who use grammar and spelling errors as smack are people who lack any credible response to the topic being discussed. This type of smack is soo played out and lame. Anybody who thinks that talking smack on a message board is about making sure all you're punctuation is correct is ignorant. This is not formal media. It is informal media and should be treated as so.

-"Clobby" proved his lack of football understanding when he mentioned the Pointsetta bowl in the same sentence as the upcoming NC game.

-I give the award for worst argument on this thread to "Bourbon St. Sooner" for this comment, "All I know is that the Fortune 500 company I work for recruits at OU and not florida. But keep telling yourself that." Very faulty logic sir.

-By resorting to name calling you have clearly lost the argument. Why are sooner posters on this thread so defensive and angry??

SoonerBacker
12/25/2008, 09:28 AM
Here we go again! Another gator who can't seem to understand that Smack Central is the place for smack talk from opposing fans....

Again, perhaps some research skills are in order. Take the time to find out where smack should be posted when visiting another team's fan sites. Want to talk football in a respctful manner (like HiFiGator and P3Gator), you're welcome here. Otherwise, check out to the Smack Central board.

It seems perfectly understandable.

TopDawg
12/26/2008, 10:47 PM
You'll kicked off seacay because he was dominating you guys too hard. Now lets see how long it takes you to kick me off......

-It's funny how quickly you'll fell back on your "sooner message board defense mechanism" after you had been sufficiently wrecked by the opposition. The fact is that "aggy" carries negative connotations and thats why racerx made the thread in the first place. So we responded and you'll decided to get your panties all in a bunch. Well done.

RacerX used "aggy" because of it's negative connotation, no doubt.

But he was using it to say that wearing a t-shirt focusing on the opposition is an aggy thing to do. NOT to say that Florida is an aggy school because they have a vet program, making it a worse school than OU.

That was made abundantly clear by the time SeaCay posted.

Which leads me to ask...

Why are Florida posters on this thread so defensive and slow to understand??

Panamag8or
12/26/2008, 11:56 PM
I don't know who seacay is, but he has to work pretty hard to be that d-baggy.

Anyway, I have no problem learning some of your board/school traditions, but I'll be the first to clarify any misconceptions you guys have about UF, too.

So, the rock thing: I always liked to believe it was a petrified dinosaur turd, but in reality, it is the oldest geological artifact ever found in Florida. The base is a popular jump for bikers and skaters.

The Aggie thing: I get that... I figured that out in the fark forum.:D
Florida is a big ag school, but they do it on the sly, with most of the ag centers spread around the state, rather than in G-ville. As far as no meteorology school goes... we got the med school, journalism school and good law school. FSU got the circus school and meteorology. We win.

The "Beat XXXX" thing: I agree it is kinda dumb, with the only exception being a button worn on the day before and day of the game... and preferably by a cute coed.

Interesting to learn about the whole OU vs. UO thing... I wondered that myself.

starclassic tama
12/27/2008, 01:49 AM
those rankings aren't even good smack. what is the difference between 38 and 56? your medical school has more money than ours? is that because the state of florida has way more money and people than the state of oklahoma? surely not! a degree from the university of oklahoma is equivalent to a degree from the university of florida. each school has their own strong points. the reason florida's rankins are higher is because there is a much larger pool of people in the state, therefore more applicants, higher admission standards. this is really retarded. let's play football

GottaHavePride
12/27/2008, 03:29 AM
In the meantime, since you're so hung up on rankings and since this is a football forum, I'll just remind you that we're #1 in the BCS and you're not. The good news for you is that you'll have a chance to beat us on the field in a few weeks. The bad news is that even if Florida wins, you'll still be a...how far can I go without being banned?

For someone being as big a doosh as SeaCay? Dude, anything you can slip by the profanity filters is OK by me. :D

olevetonahill
12/27/2008, 04:41 AM
Me thinks seacay and steele2121 are one and the same used tampons

MALE918
12/27/2008, 05:19 AM
It looks like a giant cement dog turd

Crucifax Autumn
12/27/2008, 09:38 AM
I can tell which gator fans I care to hear opinions from within the first 2 sentences. The guys who use bad spelling, bad grammar, and idiotic punctuation are the ones who are gonna be d-bags.

The ones who know English are the ones who will either make good points, show respect, or at least have a well thought out post.

For that first group:

Your abunch of morons and its abuot time foryuo to go awhey.

SoonerMom2
12/27/2008, 07:11 PM
No matter what a GATOR fan wants to say, UF is an Aggie school of Florida. Last I checked Aggie was short for Agriculture and UF is one of the Agriculture schools of Florida -- one other one being all black. They also have the vet program. The professional college of FL is Florida State in Tallahassee. All you have to do is drive around Gainesville -- it is poor farm country just like driving into the east side of Gainesville from the Atlantic which is far away -- it is poor and run down. The UF buildings have not been kept up the way OU thanks to President Boren has had a building program that is second to none. OU has its own Journalism College and and is so much better then the one at UF. Check out the papers and there is no comparison.

UF cancelled some PhD programs in the past year while OU's academics continue to grow and become higher rated. Academically OU runs circles around UF and anyone looking for business grads is going to look at OU Price grads over UF any day if they have any sense.

Tired of UF fans coming on here running down OU -- go to Gainesville and compare building with OU and we win hands down. Our renovation of our older buildings is on schedule while theirs are continue to run down. Our Greek system is far superior as our houses are much better kept. My daughter's OU sorority far out performs their sister chapter at Gainesville.

One thing that UF has over OU hands down is arrogance along with being unfriendly in Gainesville. We were at FSU and several people asked if they could help us find something. Asking someone in Gainesville is met with a stare. We have lived on both coasts, in middle America, Texas, and now Oklahoma which wins hands down for friendly people -- Norman is a great place to raise a family and teach your kids values. Would not have wanted my children in the Gainesville Public School system from what I saw. NPS gave my kids a really good education along with THE University of Oklahoma.

the_edge
12/27/2008, 11:31 PM
This thread reeks of troll.

There's no way in hell some random Gator fan would get upset about us thinking the t-shirt is "aggyish" AND pull out the "UO" or "uo" smack.

What's next? Calling us "gooners" and cheaters?

Seriously, orangepower.com is more a more appropriate forum for such, ahem, "talk."