PDA

View Full Version : AD being shutdown by the Falcons

ratedrsuperstar
12/21/2008, 06:27 PM
He has 60 yards on the game and the Vikes are down by 17. They just said the NFC South has shut him down every game, he hasn't scored a TD and is averaging 60 yards per game against the teams from the NFC South.

bluedogok
12/21/2008, 06:51 PM
When your o-line can't block worth a damn, that tends to happen. Every time that I look over at that screen it looks like there are 8 guys waiting on him and the linemen are on the ground. The Vikings o-line has been getting whipped today.

Sooner04
12/21/2008, 07:09 PM
When your o-line can't block worth a damn, that tends to happen.
Unless you watch the team week in and week out, that would not be a fair assessment. This line has been stellar for us all year long.

Peterson needs to quit fumbling the damn ball.

jkjsooner
12/21/2008, 07:19 PM
Unless you watch the team week in and week out, that would not be a fair assessment. This line has been stellar for us all year long.

I call B.S. on that. The Vikes either have the most overrated o-line or they just aren't running Peterson in the right situations. Either way, some say their mom could run behind that line but every time I watch it Peterson has to make spectacular play after spectacular play just get get a couple of yards.

Partial Qualifier
12/21/2008, 07:20 PM
And Tavaris needs to stop being careless with it too but indeed, this OL is one of the best in the league. Can't expect 'em to block a run-blitz and the front 4.

That last pass interference no-call was b.s. but hey.. you commit 4 turnovers..... yecch

If Minnesota had one more quality WR and a friggin QB, they'd be All-World.

Partial Qualifier
12/21/2008, 07:24 PM
I call B.S. on that.

LOL.

The Vikes either have the most overrated o-line or they just aren't running Peterson in the right situations. Either way, some say their mom could run behind that line but every time I watch it Peterson has to make spectacular play after spectacular play just get get a couple of yards.

You think that has anything to do with the fact that teams don't have to respect Minesota's pass game? They dedicate their front seven and half their secondary to stopping AD, for crying out loud.

Teams have been playing Minnesota like that since halfway through last season.

bluedogok
12/21/2008, 07:34 PM

Mine is a fair assessment for THIS GAME, it was the worst that I have seen the line play all season. He hasn't performed as poorly in most games because the o-line has performed at a much higher level most of the season. They haven't been whipped like that most of the season and I have seen most of the games since I have NFL Sunday Ticket the Vikings are one of the teams that I keep an eye on regularly.

Peterson has been having that fumbling problem lately but that last one was by his own tackle, which why was McKinnie standing around watching him get stopped or Jackson getting chased down all day. McKinnie was a completely whipped today...and yes, they still need a QB. I think their receivers might be good enough (although you can always use a great one) if they had a good to great QB.

Russell33
12/21/2008, 08:07 PM
wow, curtis lofton is gonna be a pro bowler

Sooner04
12/21/2008, 08:43 PM
I call B.S. on that. The Vikes either have the most overrated o-line or they just aren't running Peterson in the right situations. Either way, some say their mom could run behind that line but every time I watch it Peterson has to make spectacular play after spectacular play just get get a couple of yards.
BS all you want, but I live and die with each Vikings game. Our line has been great all season, and if our team hadn't resorted to Switzer's Wishbone Fumbling Maching we're the NFC North champs.

Now, who knows?

tommieharris91
12/21/2008, 08:54 PM
BS all you want, but I live and die with each Vikings game. Our line has been great all season, and if our team hadn't resorted to Switzer's Wishbone Fumbling Maching we're the NFC North champs.

Now, who knows?

Y'all still hold the tiebreaker over my Bears. I've enjoyed today though.

The Vikings line isn't the best in the NFL, but it's pretty good. If Jackson can step up for them, they will be that "dangerous team no one wants to face in the playoffs."

EDIT: It turns out that, since the teams split the season series, the team with the highest BCS rating at the end of the season will win the NFC North if the Bears and Vikings finish with a tied record.

oumartin
12/21/2008, 09:14 PM
Falcons had 8 in the box all day and many times he was having to make his first move in the backfield. but yes. for someone with such a strong handshake he sure loses the ball alot

ClintonSooner
12/21/2008, 09:27 PM
NFC south? duh SEC country... AD is from B12 country nuff said. :rolleyes:

Sooner04
12/21/2008, 10:07 PM
Jackson played a great first half. I think he had only one incompletion. But he lost a fumble, as did Peterson, as did Berrian. I think we outgained Atlanta by over 100 yards.

Sickening loss, but not surprising. The Vikings have been wrenching my gut for 20 years.

Sooner_09
12/22/2008, 12:09 AM
Curtis Lofton had a good tackle on AD in the first half

TopDawg
12/22/2008, 12:14 AM
BS all you want, but I live and die with each Vikings game.

Mostly die.

colleyvillesooner
12/22/2008, 01:49 AM
heh. There was that one year they went 15-1..err, nevermind. :D

badger
12/22/2008, 06:02 AM
AD would make any offensive line look good. However, AD was largely successful early-on at OU because of the established passing game. Tavaris needs to learn how to be a passer to keep defensive backs honest, or they'll just keep stacking the box.

Harry Beanbag
12/22/2008, 06:25 AM
Falcons had 8 in the box all day and many times he was having to make his first move in the backfield. but yes. for someone with such a strong handshake he sure loses the ball alot

It's like that every game, but Tarvaris is the worst QB in the league and can't make them pay for it. Gus needs to come back for them to have any chance in the playoffs.

badger
12/22/2008, 06:49 AM
It's like that every game, but Tarvaris is the worst QB in the league and can't make them pay for it. Gus needs to come back for them to have any chance in the playoffs.

This is why the Packers took extra steps to ensure that Favre wouldn't end up in Minnesota :P

With Favre, that team wins the Super Bowl... or any quarterback that doesn't suck, for that matter.

boomermagic
12/22/2008, 09:22 AM

Now, who knows?

Hey now,

You may know about the vikings and all but don't run Switzer down.. The wishbone fumbled but it set records and won national Championships too.. I hope you are a Switzer fan because IF you are you can get by with saying that otherwise you can't...

badger
12/22/2008, 09:39 AM
I plan to put the Vikings in the playoffs tonight through tons of Packer cheering.

If you like the Vikings by way of the Sooners, you should definitely cheer for the Packers all night long tonight.

Who are they playing? Oh, nobody important. Nobody that should be of any concern here. Please don't look up who their opponent is and just blindly agree with me to cheer for the Packers for the sake of the Vikings.

Sooner04
12/22/2008, 09:47 AM
It's like that every game, but Tarvaris is the worst QB in the league and can't make them pay for it.
He completed 11 of 12 in the first half. He was hardly as bad as you suggest. It's not his fault Peterson and Berrian both lost crucial fumbles that turned scoring drives into goose eggs.

OUMallen
12/22/2008, 09:47 AM
When your o-line can't block worth a damn, that tends to happen.

This is wrong. It's more like when you don't have a passing game. The line is fine.

TopDawg
12/22/2008, 11:17 AM
He completed 11 of 12 in the first half. He was hardly as bad as you suggest. It's not his fault Peterson and Berrian both lost crucial fumbles that turned scoring drives into goose eggs.

Berrian's didn't really turn a scoring drive into a goose egg...it was before the drive even started...right? (If you're talking about the punt return...maybe he had another one.)

But TJ's fumble did come deeper in Falcon territory than AD's right?

Either way, he's been playing much better lately. Passing much more efficiently and running the ball well too. It's too bad, because it's going to give the organization hope for the future and maybe keep them from drafting a better one. ;)

tommieharris91
12/22/2008, 12:17 PM
I plan to put the Vikings in the playoffs tonight through tons of Packer cheering.

If you like the Vikings by way of the Sooners, you should definitely cheer for the Packers all night long tonight.

Who are they playing? Oh, nobody important. Nobody that should be of any concern here. Please don't look up who their opponent is and just blindly agree with me to cheer for the Packers for the sake of the Vikings.

Damn Fudgepackers. I hate that team.

Bring your coat if you're gonna watch that game. Single digit temps are forecasted tonight.

Ohh and BEAR DOWN!!!

catsigater
12/22/2008, 01:06 PM
BS all you want, but I live and die with each Vikings game.

Me too. I died a little on Sunday. :(

John Kochtoston
12/22/2008, 01:31 PM
When your o-line can't block worth a damn, that tends to happen. Every time that I look over at that screen it looks like there are 8 guys waiting on him and the linemen are on the ground. The Vikings o-line has been getting whipped today.

We in Redskins Nation will be happy to arrange a straight-up trade with the Vikings. Our O-line for yours. Please email [email protected] or [email protected] with interest.

badger
12/22/2008, 01:43 PM
Damn Fudgepackers. I hate that team.

Bring your coat if you're gonna watch that game. Single digit temps are forecasted tonight.

Ohh and BEAR DOWN!!!

Bear down... Packers up!

:P walked into that.

So, anyways, since tommieharris91 so kindly spoiled the surprise and hinted at the identity of the team the Packers will beat to send OU's All-American All-Day wonder Adrian Peterson to the playoffs, I will further identify the team as...

1- The one that cut all-class athlete JD Runnels.
2- The one that misused Mark Bradley for years before cutting him too.
3- The one that suspended all-around nice guy Tommie Harris after he expressed his disappointment that the team misused friend Bradley.
4- The one that overworks Dusty Dvoracek to the point of injury every season.

Yes, this is the opponent for the Packers tonight... the one that has mistreated Sooners and may keep one of our best running backs of all time out of the playoffs. How anyone could cheer for this gawd-awful team is beyond this badger.

:D

swardboy
12/22/2008, 02:09 PM
As much as I want to see AD in the playoffs, Minnesota is so painful to watch. Just a quarterback away from greatness...QB's are the highest paid players for a reason.

Harry Beanbag
12/22/2008, 05:18 PM

No, he actually does suck as bad as I suggest. I just looked up his stats and was astounded that he only has one interception this season, albeit he's only played in 6 games. But then I remembered his imcompletions hit the ground so far away from the receivers that there aren't any defenders close either.

He has been better since Gus got hurt, but playing the 0-15 Lions and the tailspinning Cardinals helped some.

tommieharris91
12/22/2008, 05:56 PM
Bear down... Packers up!

:P walked into that.

So, anyways, since tommieharris91 so kindly spoiled the surprise and hinted at the identity of the team the Packers will beat to send OU's All-American All-Day wonder Adrian Peterson to the playoffs, I will further identify the team as...

1- The one that cut all-class athlete JD Runnels.
2- The one that misused Mark Bradley for years before cutting him too.
3- The one that suspended all-around nice guy Tommie Harris after he expressed his disappointment that the team misused friend Bradley.
4- The one that overworks Dusty Dvoracek to the point of injury every season.

Yes, this is the opponent for the Packers tonight... the one that has mistreated Sooners and may keep one of our best running backs of all time out of the playoffs. How anyone could cheer for this gawd-awful team is beyond this badger.

:D

1) Dude never played, but Ron Turner has a strange obsession with Jason McKie. When I watch the Bears, he's either getting stopped short of a 1st down, dropping a pass, or missing a block.

2) Bradley was always injured. I was sad to see him leave over Marty Booker, of all people.

3) Tommie is over it. He's back to producing.

4) Hurricane Dvoracek was put on IR after the first game of last season. This season, he was playing well until he got hurt.

So basically, you're wrong and should go back to Wisconsin. :P

oumartin
12/22/2008, 06:01 PM
Bradley is already hurt in Kansas City though he did play Sunday

soonerpike697
12/22/2008, 07:42 PM
You know what's funny, he fumbled alot at OU too, it just worked out in his favor much more often...