PDA

View Full Version : It feels good to be a dog...

Okla-homey
12/21/2008, 06:25 PM
underdog that is.

In fact, that whole "we're entitled" dealio has been the demise of many a team.

Soooo, let the espnexperts rail. Let Herbstreit & Co. fellate Timmy and the boys and the World's Most Dangerous Defense.

Let the Gator faithful squeal "gatorbait." Heck, I don't care if everyone in the country expects the Sooners to crash on Jan. 8. They can even publicly and loudly predict it, carve it on palm trees or drag banners behind airplanes if it makes 'em happy. Bet the farm on it if they want.

That's what makes this year special. And different.:D

47straight
12/21/2008, 06:31 PM
Nothing but upside to being the dog.

Okla-homey
12/21/2008, 06:32 PM
Nothing but upside to being the dog.

werd.

ETGator1
12/21/2008, 06:36 PM
Where have we heard this before coming out of a #1 rated dog? Where have we heard this before coming out of a #1 rated dog? Where have we..........

Oh yeah, Bamer. It didn't help them either. (wink)

Okla-homey
12/21/2008, 06:41 PM
Where have we heard this before coming out of a #1 rated dog? Where have we heard this before coming out of a #1 rated dog? Where have we..........

You are so right.

We have no business even being in the same time zone w/a traditional CFB powerhouse like youse guys. I just hope none of our guys get hurt. Its surely gonna be all orange and blue. Woe is us. Bob should just phone it in. He prolly still has some phone numbers in Gainesville.

P3 Gator
12/21/2008, 06:41 PM

Problem with being a dog is it's not Gator homers making OU a dog, it's Vegas guys who are only thinking of the best odds to make money. No emotion, just calculation. It's very Darwinian so it's not so great to be a dog after all.

Okla-homey
12/21/2008, 06:46 PM
Problem with being a dog is it's not Gator homers making OU a dog, it's Vegas guys who are only thinking of the best odds to make money. No emotion, just calculation. It's very Darwinian so it's not so great to be a dog after all.

You are correct sir.

We can't possibly win this game. I strongly suggest you put that on tape and play that at practice for your guys. In fact, I don't even understand the point of practice. You will dismantle our "gimmick-y" O in no time flat. It'll be a cakewalk.

ETGator1
12/21/2008, 06:50 PM
You are so right.

We have no business even being in the same time zone w/a traditional CFB powerhouse like youse guys. I just hope none of our guys get hurt. Its surely gonna be all orange and blue. Woe is us. Bob should just phone it in. He prolly still has some phone numbers in Gainesville.

I couldn't agree more. I think the oddsmakers are being conservative with DeMarco Murray out and your starting CB likely out due to grades.

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/21/2008, 06:52 PM
Well the Good news will be that Sam will come back after his 0-54 0 yards 54 Interception night.

Okla-homey
12/21/2008, 06:52 PM
I couldn't agree more. I think the oddsmakers are being conservative with DeMarco Murray out and your starting CB likely out due to grades.

Yep. We R toast. It's gonna be a humiliating rout. That should be on billboards all over UF's campus.

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/21/2008, 06:53 PM
Don't forget that Loadholt ate our kicker

bluedogok
12/21/2008, 06:57 PM
Wasn't #2 FSU favored over a #1 OU team in the 2001 Orange Bowl?

From SoonerStats.com (http://www.soonerstats.com/football/games/recap.cfm?GameID=1033)
If the ten-point underdog Sooners beat Florida State, there was no debate.

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/21/2008, 06:59 PM
Yeah but they lost the future All-Pro wideout Snoop Minnis for that game

Okla-homey
12/21/2008, 07:02 PM
Wasn't #2 FSU favored over a #1 OU team in the 2001 Orange Bowl?

Yes. But that's not important right now.

The thing to remember, and that should be shouted all across the swamps, trailer parks and foreclosure-ridden communities of the great state of Flawda is OU does not have even the slimmest of chances in this game.

P3 Gator
12/21/2008, 07:18 PM
Yes. But that's not important right now.

The thing to remember, and that should be shouted all across the swamps, trailer parks and foreclosure-ridden communities of the great state of Flawda is OU does not have even the slimmest of chances in this game.

Problem is, we were 10 point favorites over #1 Bama and the team didn't let that go to their heads, so I'm guessing being a 3 pt favorite isn't going to make them feel entitled. This team has great chemistry and a good work ethic. NO way they come in flat against OU.

Flagstaffsooner
12/21/2008, 07:21 PM
I thought this was going to be a thread about dragging you a$$ across the carpet.

Crucifax Autumn
12/21/2008, 07:34 PM
I like being scratched behind the ears

swardboy
12/21/2008, 07:51 PM
...I alternate between that and the missionary position. I'm sure St. Tebow only prefers the latter....

oupride
12/21/2008, 08:32 PM
Tebow?

Curly Bill
12/21/2008, 08:34 PM
I like having my belly rubbed.

Crucifax Autumn
12/21/2008, 08:35 PM
And eating grass and cat ****

Curly Bill
12/21/2008, 08:37 PM
I like being able to lick myself. :P

Crucifax Autumn
12/21/2008, 08:38 PM
and smelling the other dogs' butts is the shiznit!

Iam4OUru
12/21/2008, 08:55 PM

That was not a BCS Title game. Check out how the favs have done in the bigun.....

Partial Qualifier
12/21/2008, 09:17 PM
We ain't Bama, son. :D

gatorsownu2
12/21/2008, 09:21 PM
We ain't Bama, son. :D
But ya'll wear crimson and cream don't ya'll.:D

Crucifax Autumn
12/21/2008, 09:24 PM
Yes, but we're not an SEC team so we have an offensive squad.

gatorsownu2
12/21/2008, 09:26 PM
Yes, but we're not an SEC team so we have an offensive squad.

Yeah and from what I"m hearin you're missin you're defense.:D

itsok
12/21/2008, 11:55 PM
we'll be fine, i heard Bobby Stoops will be coaching our defense...

delhalew
12/22/2008, 01:48 AM
Yep, its over. We're all just gonna have to move to Gainesville and live in that ****hole, just so we'll know what it feels like to win.

Piware
12/22/2008, 03:26 AM
Yep. We R toast. It's gonna be a humiliating rout. That should be on billboards all over UF's campus. Okla-homey is right. We are doomed. I have already packed up all my football memorabilia to practice not being able to bear to look at it.

I hope Gator bites don't hurt as I have a very low threshold for pain. Those Vegas guys are never wrong so it's a lock.

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/22/2008, 04:00 AM
Well at least we will finally get to find out what a defense looks like!! I think we might get a pity touchdown late!

Okla-homey
12/22/2008, 06:26 AM
Okla-homey is right. We are doomed. I have already packed up all my football memorabilia to practice not being able to bear to look at it.

I hope Gator bites don't hurt as I have a very low threshold for pain. Those Vegas guys are never wrong so it's a lock.

Howard Johnson is right. We should write the governor and ask for help.

olevetonahill
12/22/2008, 07:20 AM
I Hate to say this Guys But I dont think we will do Much better than Mikes team did In Vegas . Oh Woe Is Me :eek:

JGATOR
12/22/2008, 07:43 AM
Howard Johnson is right. We should write the governor and ask for help.

Can you say that as the old drunk?:D

How's this? I think Vegas believes you guys are a better team. They often give 7 points to the home team and I would guess they believe this to be a home game for the Gators since it's in Miami. So Vegas actually thinks the Sooners are 4 points better.

olevetonahill
12/22/2008, 07:46 AM
Can you say that as the old drunk?:D

How's this? I think Vegas believes you guys are a better team. They often give 7 points to the home team and I would guess they believe this to be a home game for the Gators since it's in Miami. So Vegas actually thinks the Sooners are 4 points better.

Yer thinkin of Smellsof bourbon
Home field is 3 points so I think Vegas has it as Even .
Im 30 Up. wanta bet 30 Bucks on the Game ? Ill spot ya 7 :D

JGATOR
12/22/2008, 09:57 AM
Yer thinkin of Smellsof bourbon
Home field is 3 points so I think Vegas has it as Even .
Im 30 Up. wanta bet 30 Bucks on the Game ? Ill spot ya 7 :D

I've found that me betting on anything I want to be bad luck. I am not going to put bad karma on the game:D