PDA

View Full Version : SoonerStormchaser were you on TV last week ?

ratedrsuperstar
12/21/2008, 06:20 PM
I was watching a show about storm chasers on the Discovery channel last week and the guy driving one of the chase vehicles had on a OU shirt. I thought of you right away.

StormySooner-IN
12/21/2008, 08:19 PM
and you didn't think of me? or Trombanado??

btw....wrong forum

Crucifax Autumn
12/21/2008, 08:24 PM
I thought ALL storm chasers wore OU shirts.

StormySooner-IN
12/21/2008, 08:34 PM
I thought ALL storm chasers wore OU shirts.
Yea, there is that major factor to consider...too. :D

NASASooner
12/21/2008, 10:21 PM
How many meteorology majors are on this board? Count me as one.

soonermeteor
12/21/2008, 10:24 PM
Me too.

yermom
12/21/2008, 11:22 PM
he's not even a storm chaser anymore ;)

but OU is riddled with weather weenies, we do have the National Weather Center...

Boomer_Sooner_sax
12/22/2008, 08:24 AM
I was one, but alas, no mas!

SoonerStormchaser
12/22/2008, 10:29 AM
Thank you Alex, I'll take "Wrong forum for $400 please?"

No...I started as a METR major back in the fall of 01, but after taking Differential Equations FOUR TIMES just to pass the damned thing, I decided to switch to Geosciences as a major, just so I could still utilize the ****ton of credit hours I got in METR. Then I decided to join the Air Force...originally as a weather officer, but they told me that I would require more schooling at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterrey, CA...and that wouldn't be available til early 2008. I didn't want to wait that long, so they said "Hey, we need Navigators." And here I am...and I love every freaking minute of it cause I'm not sitting at a desk looking at numbers all freaking day. The funny part is that I get to correct the weather briefers cause half of them don't know their *** from a hole in the ground when it comes to reading a weather map and analyzing it.

But I digress...I haven't been on a chase in over four years...hopefully that'll change next spring before I get deployed. I do know most of those guys on the Discovery channel show...