PDA

View Full Version : As bad as I hate to say it, the OU faithful are

ratedrsuperstar
12/21/2008, 04:44 PM
sounding a lot like the whorn fans did a few weeks ago, seems to be a bunch of crying about not getting any respect. Please give it a rest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can understand why no one thinks OU can win the game, our sooners have not been that impressive in our last 4 BCS games and we lost our biggest game this season. I've taken the approach since I live in SEC country to just say "well if Fla. makes a couple of mistakes early OU has a chance", they are sure this game will be over long before half and there is no convincing them otherwise.

Respect is earned, our boys need to show the nation they can win a big game !

8timechamps
12/21/2008, 04:46 PM
I haven't heard anyone of note saying we aren't getting respect.

Soonerus
12/21/2008, 04:49 PM
I think the Sooners have gotten a lot of "respect" this year....duh...

tbl
12/21/2008, 04:56 PM
I personally like it that the media and oddsmakers are taking us lightly. I can only hope that the opposing players and coaches are as well (though I HIGHLY doubt it).

yermom
12/21/2008, 04:58 PM
**** respect, we don't need it now

and i think we won our biggest game...

we lost a game against a team we were favored against on a neutral field (to be fair, they were top 5)

we beat the undefeated #2 team to set up a 3-way tie, i'd say that game was bigger

beating OSU in Stoolwater was no small feat either. no one else of consequence had to do that this year. Texas and Tech got them in Austin and Lubbock

oupride
12/21/2008, 05:04 PM
I just finished a 6 month project in the South, and let me tell you, the Auburn, Alabama, LSU and Florida fans BELIEVE if you don't play in the SEC then you don't play real football.

Dan Thompson
12/21/2008, 05:19 PM
This years team is not the team that has lost the last four BCS games. Different team, different year.

Yes, we lost against Texas, but our biggest game was againist Missouri, biggest in the sense that it turned out to be the most important.

SoonerBoognish
12/21/2008, 05:33 PM
To me it's funny to say they can't win the big game. All of the big games? Maybe. Sometimes it seems like some people want to deem it a big game after we lose it.

The Tech game had a ton of hype beforehand, and was a top 5 matchup, big game. The OSU game and the CCG were big too, ranked teams with championship potential on the line in 3 straight games, I'd say they were all big and all wins. Add in 3 straight conference championships and some big wins had to be won in that time period. So the big game thing seems to be quite subjective and holds no water.

Also, look at the Boise game. Would it be considered as big as it is now if it goes into more OT's and we run all over then and win? Not likely. I'm not denying it was a big game since it was a good bowl to be in, but how does it suddenly become bigger after the fact? I see this as the reverse of Tech this year. We beat the snot out of Tech, and a game that was huge beforehand becomes not as huge in the eyes of some.

ratedrsuperstar
12/21/2008, 05:34 PM
I haven't heard anyone of note saying we aren't getting respect.

I was talking about our whining fans on the forums I've read including this one.

PDXsooner
12/21/2008, 05:37 PM
NEWSFLASH: all fanbases are annoying.

badger
12/21/2008, 05:37 PM
I just finished a 6 month project in the South, and let me tell you, the Auburn, Alabama, LSU and Florida fans BELIEVE if you don't play in the SEC then you don't play real football.

They're just upset that not everyone has to pay their players off like they do :P

BoulderSooner79
12/21/2008, 07:41 PM
No respect - er, what does BCS #1 mean ?

As far as some fans whining when ESPN or some other media picks UF or complains about the 3-way tie thing, I don't get it either. Those are the moments I just sit back and savor - sometimes I even belly laugh. :D

gatorsownu2
12/21/2008, 07:45 PM
NEWSFLASH: all fanbases are annoying.
Just thought your staement was worthy of being repeated!:D :D :D

Crucifax Autumn
12/21/2008, 08:07 PM
I haven't whined, but some of the flap I hear out of the media does make me bitch! The system itself gives us all the respect I think we deserve and talking heads try to act like they know things the numbers don't reflect, know better ways to resolve things than "rules", and frequently act as though the SEC is made up of nothing but NFL teams with rockets up their asses.

SouthFortySooner
12/21/2008, 09:14 PM
Sorry superstar. I'm not feelin you dawg.

swardboy
12/21/2008, 09:26 PM
That's not true! It's not akkerat!!! [hairGel]

SoonerJack
12/22/2008, 09:42 AM
So you assume that all of the OU faithful are on this message board? Trust me there are tens of thousands that have never even heard of soonerfans.com

And for this I am greatful. It keeps the board faster.

olevetonahill
12/22/2008, 09:46 AM
I was talking about our whining fans on the forums I've read including this one.

Then Leave :rolleyes:

SoonersEnFuego
12/22/2008, 10:08 AM
I think a lot of us like the idea of not getting respect. It motivates the players, which is something that was lacking in the past few years.

Think McFly! Think!