PDA

View Full Version : "The receiver tipped it..."

Lott's Bandana
12/21/2008, 03:28 PM
Pittsburgh v. Tennessee

Tennessee throws a pass into the end zone, receiver is blanketed by two Steelers defenders in what appears to be pass interference. The pass was incomplete. Flag.

Flag picked up.

Big discussion on the sideline between officials and Jeff Fisher and Phil Simms tries to figure out why there wasn't pass interference called.

The conjecture in the booth is that the ball was tipped in flight and that is why the flag was picked up...so, when they show a very slo-mo replay, it appears nobody actually does touch the ball until,

Simms: "The receiver tipped it. That is why they can pick up the flag."

WTF???!

The "mute'' button is now my friend.

By the way...nobody gets more officiating love than the Pittsburgh Steelers......nobody......not even close.

fadada1
12/21/2008, 03:44 PM
seriously???

that dude is retarded. sounds like something johnny miller would say in between gulps on tiger's "driver".

Tiger6
12/21/2008, 03:54 PM
I was watching the same game and the same slow mow replay, and unless I went retarded for about 2 1/2 minutes, he never said "thats why they can pick it up". He was basically saying the receiver touched it, and the refs thought it was a defensive player who touched it. It was a bad call regardless, and I still dont know why it wasnt reviewed.

SoonerBoognish
12/21/2008, 03:57 PM
Can you review a PI call or lack thereof?

Tiger6
12/21/2008, 03:59 PM
If there is a question on whether the ball was tipped or not before the PI occurred then yes.

Lott's Bandana
12/21/2008, 04:14 PM
I was watching the same game and the same slow mow replay, and unless I went retarded for about 2 1/2 minutes, he never said "thats why they can pick it up". He was basically saying the receiver touched it, and the refs thought it was a defensive player who touched it. It was a bad call regardless, and I still dont know why it wasnt reviewed.

On my DVR he says it every time I replay it. I rewound it several times to make certain I had a valid befuddlement.

(often my befuddlement isn't valid)

Tiger6
12/21/2008, 04:16 PM
Then I guess I went retarded for 2 1/2 minutes...nothing new.