PDA

View Full Version : No amazing deer hunting

OUHOMER
12/21/2008, 08:34 AM
stories? I haven't been deer hunting for a few years now. I really miss it, the deer camps etc.

I may have to go out during the special hunt next weekend. But it wont be the same as regular deer season. We used to take the whole week and hoped no deer came by worth shooting the first couple of days.:D

Flagstaffsooner
12/21/2008, 08:55 AM
http://images.dpchallenge.com/images_challenge/143/Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_40362.jpg

royalfan5
12/21/2008, 09:21 AM
Not my story, but my cousin got his buck 5 min after the open of deer season in Nebraska this year. He got up, walked outside, saw the buck just standing in the field across the road, and dropped it with one shot. Is that what you where looking for.

OUHOMER
12/21/2008, 09:34 AM
Not my story, but my cousin got his buck 5 min after the open of deer season in Nebraska this year. He got up, walked outside, saw the buck just standing in the field across the road, and dropped it with one shot. Is that what you where looking for.

LOL, Yep that was it.

Okla-homey
12/21/2008, 09:40 AM
I'm going on a two-day deerslaying junket up near Ft Gibson lake on 26-27 December. I'll keep you posted.

BudSooner
12/21/2008, 02:07 PM
We went a couple of weekends ago, stayed all day and never saw a thing and the stand I was in was supposed to be in the runway of a monster 12 pointer.......he must have been at Steak&Ale 'cause his butt was nowhere to be found.
No tracks, in the area either i'm thinking the landowner to the south may have bagged him.

Turd_Ferguson
12/21/2008, 05:29 PM
Been quite a few years since the last time I went. Deer camp is probably some of the best memory's in my life. Starting from just a wee lad, going with my Dad, Uncles and cousins then taking a few good friends as I got older.. We have gone to the same place every year, it's about 20 miles North of Broken Bow, basically in the middle of nowhere. The last two times I went, I never even got my rifle out. I really just enjoy the camping. The last trip I learned, that an 8oz. can of Spicy V8 shoved into the campfire coals to scare your buddy's, can and will level any 6 man tent within a 10 ft radius.:D