PDA

View Full Version : A Little Christmas Spirit

VeeJay
12/21/2008, 07:03 AM
Mrs. VJ found out about a needy family through her doctor. This is a single mom with three kids, a girl and two boys. This lady and her kids go to the doctor's church and that is how he found out about them.

So Mrs. VJ began buying a few gifts for them - books for the mom and daughter, and video games and DVD's for the boys. Also, a big bag of popcorn and some popcorn containers - just small things. She fixed up baskets for each one of them and wrapped them very nicely with Christmas bows, put candy in each of them, and put a Christmas message for each one of them.

We went to visit this family yesterday which is not in the best part of town, as you can imagine. They were very appreciative and grateful - the two boys are sleeping on an air mattress and they have very little in the way of furniture. The mom appears to be doing the very best for them she can - taking them to church, keeping them off drugs and staying involved in their lives. Just a tough situation for those kids.

My brother-in-law from Kentucky is visiting for a couple of days and went with us. He put a $100 bill in the mom's basket when none of us were looking. She found the money and started hugging Cindy and she looked around at us like "OK, which one of you put that there?"

We are also trying to show our eight year old daughter that there are a lot of kids who do not have the things she has, and we need to help them whenever we can, especially this time of year.

After we left, my bro-in-law said "Well, I think I just had my Christmas." It sort of made me realize how fortunate I am and have always been.

Merry Christmas and God Bless all you Sooners.

OUHOMER
12/21/2008, 07:32 AM
BRAVO!!!!!

Tailwind
12/21/2008, 08:27 AM
And that is what it's all about folks! You are truly blessed.

StoopTroup
12/21/2008, 09:40 AM
I know of a similar situation here in Tulsa.

At this point...prayers are in order.

18 years old...two small kids...she's working...but things are really tough on her right now. She is struggling to make a better life for her two boys instead of falling into the disfunctional family past.

There are plenty of us to help...but prayers and good thoughts for her are what will likely make a difference.

God Bless the meek.

ST

47straight
12/21/2008, 10:59 AM
Yup.