PDA

View Full Version : Harvin stays in Gainesville to get healthy

oupride
12/20/2008, 06:33 PM
Percy Harvin stays in Gainesville to get healthy rather than go home for Christmas. Heres the link http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/article944059.ece

gatorsownu2
12/20/2008, 06:38 PM
Thats what I'm talkin about baby! Lets get healthy and LETS GET IT ON!!!!!!!

adoniijahsooner
12/20/2008, 06:41 PM
What struck me in the story, is that espn sent Lou Holtz to Gainesville to give them a pep talk. I hope Harvin is healthy, so they wont have any excuses.

olevetonahill
12/20/2008, 06:43 PM
Thats what I'm talkin about baby! Lets get healthy and LETS GET IT ON!!!!!!!

I hope all Players for Both teams are healthy.
I admire Harvins dedication .

no1g8r
12/20/2008, 06:44 PM
Percy Harvin stays in Gainesville to get healthy rather than go home for Christmas. Heres the link http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/article944059.ece

Good sign! If there wasn't a good chance for adequate recovery I'm sure he would have gone home to NJ for the Christmas break.

MarylandGator
12/20/2008, 06:49 PM
Good sign! If there wasn't a good chance for adequate recovery I'm sure he would have gone home to NJ for the Christmas break.VA, not NJ. no need to be so vicious.

PDXsooner
12/20/2008, 06:51 PM
I wish we were healthy. If Harvin were out, I'd call it about even for DeMarco.

no1g8r
12/20/2008, 06:56 PM
VA, not NJ. no need to be so vicious.

Yeah, and I even know better as I saw him play HS ball in Va. Brain fart, I guess. :)

olevetonahill
12/20/2008, 07:31 PM
Yeah, and I even know better as I saw him play HS ball in Va. Brain fart, I guess. :)

What ya expect from a gator fan ? :P

Landthief 1972
12/20/2008, 08:49 PM
Why doesn't he just have Tebow lay his hands on the ailing body part? After walking on water and turning it to wine, that would seem easy, I would think.

Scott D
12/20/2008, 08:50 PM
he's staying in Gainesville to have more of the Tebow blessed water rubbed on his ankle.

cheezyq
12/20/2008, 08:55 PM
What struck me in the story, is that espn sent Lou Holtz to Gainesville to give them a pep talk. I hope Harvin is healthy, so they wont have any excuses.

It's a good thing Tebow can walk on water, then, because any normal human being would drown after he finished.

oumartin
12/20/2008, 09:17 PM
If Harvin wants couldn't he just run up to his hometown on christmas day? with his speed he could be there in half hour.

NorCaligator
12/20/2008, 09:25 PM
He did. Last week. He's so fast, he's living in the future. He's playing a football game down in Miami right now.

FlaGators
12/23/2008, 10:10 AM
There is no question as to how important Harvin is. Difference of at least 10-14 points.

The Alabama game...our offense was dreadful until the 4th quarter.

Harvin makes all the different. Hopefully though.....he gets all that rust of not playing off of him during warm-ups and practice.

Curly Bill
12/23/2008, 02:14 PM
There is no question as to how important Harvin is. Difference of at least 10-14 points.

My ***. :rolleyes:

P3 Gator
12/23/2008, 02:41 PM
I wish we were healthy. If Harvin were out, I'd call it about even for DeMarco.

I think Harvin means more to UF than Murray does to OU. Here's why; Murray is a running back and that's it. Harvin can line-up anywhere so what do you do on defense when he moves from receiver to RB or vice versa. Causes defenses to have to try and match-up when they might not have the right personnel package on the field. Not a knock on Murray's skills, just how he is employed in the offense.

Scott D
12/23/2008, 02:48 PM
I think Harvin means more to UF than Murray does to OU. Here's why; Murray is a running back and that's it. Harvin can line-up anywhere so what do you do on defense when he moves from receiver to RB or vice versa. Causes defenses to have to try and match-up when they might not have the right personnel package on the field. Not a knock on Murray's skills, just how he is employed in the offense.

except Murray has lined up in the slot and at the flanker position, along with returning kickoffs.

meoveryouxinfinity
12/23/2008, 02:50 PM

You, my friend, are retarded.

Murray will be missed in the slot more than as a true RB.

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT! [hairGel]

stoops the eternal pimp
12/23/2008, 02:54 PM
except Murray has lined up in the slot and at the flanker position, along with returning kickoffs.

what he said..The guy was on the verge of 500 yards receiving to go with his 1000 yards rushing...not to mention the 2200 total yards he produced this year..

Curly Bill
12/23/2008, 02:58 PM

....from somone that obviously hasn't watched how Murray was employed in the offense. Another laughable observation from the gatorbaters.

P3 Gator
12/23/2008, 03:00 PM
You, my friend, are retarded.

Murray will be missed in the slot more than as a true RB.

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT! [hairGel]

He's touched the ball 351 times with 45 receptions. Harvin has 313 touches with 185 rushes and 128 receptions.

You're telling me that a guy with ~13% percent of his touches catching the ball is going to be missed more in the slot than out of the backfield? Compared to a guy that has ~40% of his touches catching the ball? OK, I'm a 'tard, enlighten me.