PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Sam, but ESPN would like you to return your Heisman

oumartin
12/20/2008, 04:28 PM
trophy.

They don't feel like its fair to receive the most first place votes and not win the award. Tebow was unfairly left off so many ballots out this direction due to jealousy and stupidity that the only correct thing to do is for you to return the trophy to ESPN headquarters. They will then give it to its rightful owner.

SoonerBoognish
12/20/2008, 04:43 PM
They should take a note from Texas, if you fall short in a situation, demand the rules be changed.

85sooners
12/20/2008, 04:44 PM
lol

OKC-SLC
12/20/2008, 04:57 PM
What was nice is that they (Flutie did, who's actually been the only pro-Sam guy on there it seems) suggested that the Heisman change the scoring so that 1st place votes are worth 5 pts, 2nd worth 3, and 3rd worth 1.

Of course, he did mention that this change would have resulted in Tebow finishing third anyway.

These doooooshes just can't get over the fact that Tebow was not felt to be the one of the nation's 3 best players by the west and southwest voters--and that it was criminal to leave him off any ballots.

ESPN is so egocentric that they believe the western voters' omission of Tebow on their ballots was motivated by an effort to prevent him from winning. Like there's no way he simply is not unanimously a top 3 player nationally.

Jmorales22
12/20/2008, 05:03 PM
I heard they sent a package to Sam's house with a prepaid return package for the heisman

oumartin
12/20/2008, 05:06 PM
yeah, While Flutie voted Sam first on his Heisman his reaction to leaving tebow off the ballots out west was criminal and needed to be investigated.

olevetonahill
12/20/2008, 05:09 PM
Didnt some one say that Sam was left off of 90 something ?

oumartin
12/20/2008, 05:19 PM
yeah, something like that but they dont' talk facts up there at the ESPN headquarters.

SoonerBoognish
12/20/2008, 05:19 PM
Another thing. Even though a lot of us sport tin foil hats sometimes, it looks like some ESPN folks are getting fitted for some shiny headgear of their own. They get a bit political on us earlier in the month, then turn around and say if Tebow being left off of ballots was political, it was shameful. That's a little funny to me.

oupride
12/20/2008, 05:29 PM
Funny how everyone was saying before the Heisman that the South and West would split their vote and thus the golden boy would win his 2nd. (http://videos.espn.com/m/video/21663341/big_men_on_campus_with_pat_forde.htm?pageid=48804&seek=26.379)http://videos.espn.com/m/video/21663341/big_men_on_campus_with_pat_forde.htm?pageid=48804&seek=26.379

soonermeteor
12/20/2008, 05:31 PM
I saw that crap too, it was unbelievable. They claim their was a conspiracy against Tebow by those who didn't want him to get a second Heisman.

How about the fact that the southeast voted as a block for Tebow? That's where 95% of his first place votes came from. Should they be able to sway the whole country because they think their conference is the greatest ever?

oumartin
12/20/2008, 05:32 PM
Yes! ;)

Dan Thompson
12/20/2008, 05:38 PM
They make it sound like some ballots on had 1st and 2nd place votes. Did any of those ballots that left Tebow of might have voted for someone else, like Carbtree or the TT QB?

oumartin
12/20/2008, 05:40 PM
well all they need to do is go back and look at GH or Crabtrees voting breakdown and figger it out

Curly Bill
12/20/2008, 05:44 PM
Is Al Gore in any way involved in this?

Does Tebowner have some hanging chads or something?

oumartin
12/20/2008, 05:50 PM
tebowner has hanging nads! we know this cuz every media person has been sucking on them all year

Curly Bill
12/20/2008, 05:52 PM
tebowner has hanging nads! we know this cuz every media person has been sucking on them all year

:D

adoniijahsooner
12/20/2008, 06:05 PM

and swinging as well

Collier11
12/20/2008, 06:13 PM
I just dont get why some find it so hard to believe that anyone would leave Tebow out of the top 3 but they dont seem to gripe that Harrell and Crabtree were left off of plenty of ballots.

Also, all of this bs talk about Tebow being one of the best college qbs ever, what about Sam? Look at all the records he has broken and if he wins on Jan 8th he will have just as many Natl titles as Tebow, the diff is that his will be as a starter

oumartin
12/20/2008, 06:18 PM
But Florida has athletes and they run fast.

Collier11
12/20/2008, 06:20 PM
Like it or not, the only thing we can do to shut them up is stomp a hole in their back sides. We go out and win and everyone will be talking about how Great Stoops, Bradford, and OU are. We lose and Tebow is God, the SEC is superior, and Stoops cant win a big game again.

What I cant wait for is if we win a close game, just how Courageous Tebow was and how he willed his team to even stay close

Curly Bill
12/20/2008, 06:23 PM
...and Tebowner has cured millions of impoverished people around the world of deadly disease and illness.

okiewaker
12/20/2008, 06:24 PM
Watched this on npse as well today. As long as OU is winning something these tards are going to find something wrong. I have been watching the trophy presentation for alot of years now and this is the first time I heard them saying the voting is unfair. At this point, they are not doing it for "good tv, or ratings". It is clearly an agenda on npse's part. Pure idiocy.

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/20/2008, 08:21 PM
To be fair if you divide Colt's number by 2...you get Tebow. This was between Colt and Sam in my opinion and I would have been angry if Colt or Sam did not win this. If Halzle (bless his heart..love him but) was out there we lose 4 maybe even 5 games. (Texas, Tech, OsU, and so forth). If Colt isn't playing...Texas loses 2 or more games as well. If Tebow isn't playing, Florida still has those 8 players that ran the fastest times in the history of God including one that makes Bolt from Jamiaca look like Olevet running the 40.

WileyCoyote
12/20/2008, 08:46 PM
I think all of this can be understood, when you consider the "air" that most of the NPSE people are breathing.....:cool:

OKC-SLC
12/20/2008, 08:53 PM
...one that makes Bolt from Jamiaca look like Olevet running the 40.

Someone needs to post that fark that Czar did which made the Sporting News (or was it ESPN the magazine) with the old dude beating Clarett in the combine.

stoopified
12/21/2008, 12:26 PM
It is amazing what some people will do if their handpicked master of the college football universe doesn't get the acclaim he so richly deserves.Brings back memories of the VY inclusion on the 25 GREATEST COLLEGE PLAYERS OF ALL_TIME LIST.Now that was a joke.He doesn;t win a Heisman is not a Multi-year All-American,sets no NCAA records,and yet is one of the greates playersin NCAA history? PUH-LEEEZE,get real.Now Tebow will be enshrined as a Football god.In fairness though I could see Tebow on the Top 25 list before Fumbles McScramble.

SoonerLB
12/21/2008, 02:36 PM
Timmy and the NPSE dudes are on a rather intimate basis ............

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/barn9/timmylastsupperal-1.jpg

BoomerSooner, esq.
12/21/2008, 02:45 PM
Like it or not, the only thing we can do to shut them up is stomp a hole in their back sides. We go out and win and everyone will be talking about how Great Stoops, Bradford, and OU are. We lose and Tebow is God, the SEC is superior, and Stoops cant win a big game again.

What I cant wait for is if we win a close game, just how Courageous Tebow was and how he willed his team to even stay close

Unfortunately, if we win, I still think ESPIN will not be able to get their suction cup mouths off Tebowners nads. If he loses, it is because he was too busy saving the Phillipines from foreskin and if he wins it is because he is the greatest college football player of all time. Either way,OU never had the courage or the speed to beat Tebow....;....

MamaMia
12/21/2008, 03:39 PM
but Sam won head to head...to head.

SoonerShark
12/21/2008, 04:05 PM
Sam won the Southwest, which is odd with Texas having three other contenders from our region. No other region had even 1 of 4 of the top five vote getters, Sam, Colt, Graham and Michael Crabtree all play in the Southwest region. Sam would probably have come out on top in first place votes if there were not 4 of the top players in the voting were in his division of his conference. Divided votes might have given it to Tebow. If Sam or Colt solely was from this region it would have been a blowout vote for Colt or Sam.

SoonerMom2
12/21/2008, 05:58 PM
It was okay for the Southeast to vote Tebow #1 but not right for the rest of the Country to put anyone but Tebow on the ballot. Maybe other parts of the Country are as tired of hearing about the SEC as we are in the Big 12. Know people in Big 10 Country that are as fed up with SEC is #1 by ESPN as most of us. Cannot even fathom what the FSU and Miami fans must think of having to hear the SEC talk day in and day out. Maybe that is why a lot of their fans have become Sooner supporters for the National Championship. Know a lot of people that didn't think Tebow should have won it last year and that it should have gone to McFadden. ESPN has way too much power to sway people IMO.

MichiganSooner
12/21/2008, 08:33 PM
Relax guys, the Heisman stays in Oklahoma and the bulliten board is hung in the lockerroom.

BigDeezy
12/21/2008, 11:26 PM
Do they think only first place votes should count? Then no one should be allowed to vote for 2nd or 3rd, andthere shouldn't be apoint systemby that logic.

If the Heisman committee wanted only first place votes to count they would not have the point system they do -- no one would vote for 2nd or 3rd, etc.

They have the point system in place to reduce the impact of political voting and regional bias.

5thYearSooner
12/21/2008, 11:36 PM

Win! are you crazy! How can OU win against Jesus Himself? Blasphemy!

Piware
12/22/2008, 03:11 AM
But Florida has athletes and they run fast.

Faster than anyone has every seen. Faster than a speeding bullet (oops, that one is taken), faster than a politician changing churches, faster than, well - just faster.:rolleyes:

Has anyone ever pointed out to these geeks that the trophy belongs to the Downtown Athletic Club. I wonder how they feel about ESPN wanting to change the balloting since it doesn't belong to THEM! That would be like your Poke or Texass neighbor ordering you paint your house because they have the only orange one on the block and it's just not fair.

P*ss on 'em! That trophy is right where it belongs so they can lose their permanent pucker.