PDA

View Full Version : Why OU will win, using a UF fan's logic...

cheezyq
12/20/2008, 02:45 PM
It's obvious to me that using statistics, comparable examples, and good old fashioned logic is no way to convince Florida nation that OU has a team capable of not only providing a game, not only beating the Gators, but even perhaps winning by more than a whole point. So, as a result, I'm going to try to use the same type of logic that our Gator visitors use to make a case for OU. Here it goes:

Speed - There is no way that your pathetic Gators can match Big 12 speed. The Big 12 is so fast and so much awesomer at speed than the SEC, there is just no comparison. And OU is the fastest of all the supersonic Big 12 teams. That's why they call us Sooners...because we're so fast, we'll always get there Sooner than you. You have NO chance to catch us.

Power - The Big 12 and OU have so much power, it will take all 11 of your defenders to tackle our smallest player....AFTER he reaches the endzone. Yeah, that's right, we lift weights. You're doomed, I tell you. We're going to put all your players in the hospital without even trying.

NFL Talent - Bradford will be better than Tom Brady and Peyton Manning combined. When he gets to the NFL, he could throw to his grandmother and without an offensive line, and still average 5000 yards and 60 TDs per season. You've never seen anything like him. All our second teamers would start for the Giants or the Patriots. Heck, the NFL is a farm team for the Big 12.

Recruiting - Imagine a college team loaded with all 5-star superstars in high school, and you'll have OU's redshirt team. We have guys that were considered gods in their home states in high school that can't even break our 2nd team. Not only that, but UF doesn't even have players capable of starting for Baylor, the worst Big 12 team.

Divine Blessing - Ha, Tebow does missionary work. Hey, someone has to be the janitor. While Tebow wastes his time doing missionary work, Sam Bradford has literally saved the world 5 times.

Big 12 vs. SEC - Please, there is no comparison. If UF was so great, why did they lose to Houston Nutt at home? The Big 12 is SO tough, that the best team in the history of the universe, OU, lost a game. The Big 12 all conference 2nd team meets in Hawaii every year to play in the Pro Bowl.

You UF fans will find out on Jan. 8th the awesomeness of OU. Believe me, I'm not insulting your team, you guys are good...it's just that we're that much better. No offense.

catsigater
12/20/2008, 02:47 PM
Makes sense to me. If only it were true. ;)

delhalew
12/20/2008, 03:03 PM
LOL +1

gatorsownu2
12/20/2008, 03:30 PM
This just in "OU is favored to LOSE this game"!Just thought you might not know that.:D

silverwheels
12/20/2008, 03:35 PM
This just in "OU is favored to LOSE this game"!Just thought you might not know that.:D

And? What's your point?

We really need to have an IQ test for people who want to register here.

Octavian
12/20/2008, 03:36 PM
Was Florida favored to beat Ole Miss at home?

Were they favored in any of Tebow's four losses last year?

I know that's not "just in" but I would like to know.

OKC-SLC
12/20/2008, 03:37 PM
This actually sounds a lot like most of the UF fans' posts.

That's what's so sad.

delhalew
12/20/2008, 03:40 PM
If we get the Gators to be favored by double digits im down for that.

SoonerBoognish
12/20/2008, 03:50 PM

That's just because Vegas hasn't seen our board with our obviously fabricated 40 times on it. Once they do, they can't possibly deny how fast, which leads directly to how great, this OU team is. Engraved pieces of plastic, and coaches, don't lie.

cheezyq
12/20/2008, 04:29 PM
As further evidence of Sooner superiority, I just heard that the New York Giants were hoping to gain a small advantage in this week's game against the Panthers by practicing against the Sooners. Unfortunately, they came away more dejected than ever as they couldn't generate a single microsecond of pressure against the OU line, despite using an unprecedented 13 players on defense.They blitzed 8 players at a time, and STILL couldn't get past Loadholt.

On defense, Travis Lewis came off a block by a lineman to face a full-speed Brandon Jacobs, and hit him so hard he planted him 3-feet under the turf. Gerald McCoy came off the ball so fast on one play, he was in the backfield before the ball was snapped...but WASN'T offsides. Yes, he actually went BACK in time to sack Manning. Guys, I've got a GREAT feeling about this upcoming game against Florida.

SOFSooner
12/20/2008, 05:52 PM
I think that the FSU was favored to beat the SOONERS in MNC in 2000, and you saw how that turned out for FSU. OU the winningest team in College football in the last 50 years.

cheezyq
12/20/2008, 11:42 PM
This just in. Several NFL scouts were at OU practice today with electronic timers. Phil Loadholt was clocked at 4.28 in the 40...and he was the slowest player on the offensive line. Jon Cooper clocked in at a blistering 4.03. Unfortunately, they were only able to time OU's offensive linemen, as the NFL does not have the equipment to measure in nanoseconds.

In related news, Gabe Lynn joins the Oklahoma Sooners on defense as a safety. Notably, Lynn applied for the US national relay team as an 8-year old, successfully running the 100 meters in 3.7 seconds with a broken leg. Due to age restrictions imposed by OIC, however, he was obviously barred from competing.

Iam4OUru
12/21/2008, 12:01 AM
I think that the FSU was favored to beat the SOONERS in MNC in 2000, and you saw how that turned out for FSU. OU the winningest team in College football in the last 50 years.

Wasn't Miami favored in '02, OU in '03, USC in '05 and tOSU in '06? Not sure about the others but, in January '04, OU was called "The best team in the history of organized football"...and they lost. Could this possibly happen to the Gaytors? It ain't cool to be the fav. :eek:

Scotty
12/21/2008, 02:54 AM
This just in. Several NFL scouts were at OU practice today with electronic timers. Phil Loadholt was clocked at 4.28 in the 40...and he was the slowest player on the offensive line. Jon Cooper clocked in at a blistering 4.03. Unfortunately, they were only able to time OU's offensive linemen, as the NFL does not have the equipment to measure in nanoseconds.

In related news, Gabe Lynn joins the Oklahoma Sooners on defense as a safety. Notably, Lynn applied for the US national relay team as an 8-year old, successfully running the 100 meters in 3.7 seconds with a broken leg. Due to age restrictions imposed by OIC, however, he was obviously barred from competing.

politics:rolleyes:

BASSooner
12/21/2008, 03:05 AM

Oh I REALLY hope your right. Mind if I tell you what happened in the last games when our opponent was "supposed" to beat us?

SteelCitySooner
12/21/2008, 03:14 AM
I love bein the dawg ;)

Crucifax Autumn
12/21/2008, 06:57 AM
I hope we hear nothing from now until the 8th but how Florida is gonna dominate on both sides of the ball and win by 40.

OKC-SLC
12/21/2008, 10:01 AM
I hope we hear nothing from now until the 8th but how Florida is gonna dominate on both sides of the ball and win by 40.

So far, so good.

Not a national sports person has predicted us to win thus far.

Keep.

It.

Up.